By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 77.
#851 3 years ago

Its not new, but we have been watching survivor, Australia, season 3. Very good, maybe better than our survivor

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

don't know if it's been posted already but Shitt's Creek is very good. It's actually getting better as it goes along. The Good place was good too but seemed to get worse after the first season.

I binged all 5 seasons of schitt's creek (hulu is behind a season)
LOVED the good place first season, parts were still good on future seasons (the medium place) but nothing like that first one.

#853 3 years ago

A while back someone here on pinside mentioned Mr. Inbetween. Watched the first two seasons and really enjoyed the series. I hope I can find a way to watch the next season.

#854 3 years ago

Just found this thread... I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned "Catch 22" on Hulu yet? Based on the book and the 70s movie. It's really well done.

#855 3 years ago

Giri/Haji on Netflix.

Holy crap. I have not seen a show that good since the first season of GoT. It’s not even being promoted by Netflix hardly, but it’s got a completely-deserving 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from HisboyElroy:

Just found this thread... I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned "Catch 22" on Hulu yet? Based on the book and the 70s movie. It's really well done.

I checked out the first episode of Catch 22 last night. It was pretty interesting. I'm gonna check out some more episodes.

Also, e-mail notification today said the first three episodes of "The Boys" Season 2 is available now on Amazon Prime. Can't wait to check that one out.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I checked out the first episode of Catch 22 last night. It was pretty interesting. I'm gonna check out some more episodes.
Also, e-mail notification today said the first three episodes of "The Boys" Season 2 is available now on Amazon Prime. Can't wait to check that one out.

spoiler alert.. aquaman got a pinball

#858 3 years ago

"The Boys" is excellent. Very graphic violence though. Love it. Very dark.

#859 3 years ago

Peaky Blinders! (Netflix)

2 weeks later
#860 3 years ago

Americas got talent crowns a winner tonight. I pick Alan silva to win.

Me and the fiancée are hooked on both married at first sight and married in 90 days.

I want to watch lovecraft country after complete.

The boys is on deck right now.

#861 3 years ago

Woke was enjoyable (hulu). Shows a black cartoonist who is ignorant to how the black culture is harassed and after having an incident with the police he gets "woke"

#862 3 years ago

Cartoon President on Showtime.

#863 3 years ago

Fargo season 4 starting up on FX Sunday 9PM

#864 3 years ago

I just watched the Netflix documentary "The Social Dilemma" last night, and it scared the crap out of me. Anybody who hasn't already seen it should definitely check it out. It was a real eye opener, and I now better understand why so many people these days have viewpoints that seem to completely diverge from reality. It turns out that, because of social media, these people actually are living in a different reality. The algorithms used by the big tech companies virtually guarantee it. Truly frightening stuff!

#865 3 years ago

Stopped watching The Boys after 2 unbelievably dull episodes which started Season 2. Damn shame, the show had promise. Bailed on GOT and Lost early on too....can't be arsed with TV anymore. Breaking Bad was the best it's ever gonna be.

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Stopped watching The Boys after 2 unbelievably dull episodes which started Season 2. Damn shame, the show had promise. Bailed on GOT and Lost early on too....can't be arsed with TV anymore. Breaking Bad was the best it's ever gonna be.

I thought the same thing....keep going...it picks back up..this week's episode of the boys is exceptional.

#867 3 years ago

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but I really enjoyed Perry Mason on HBO... A really interesting take on the character.

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I thought the same thing....keep going...it picks back up..this week's episode of the boys is exceptional.

Particularity there's a Supe in the latest episode with either the worst or best superpower ever.
Couldn't stop laughing...

#869 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Particularity there's a Supe in the latest episode with either the worst or best superpower ever.
Couldn't stop laughing...

It really was redickulos... Lol

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

season 2 certainly could have been better, it was a weird season.

#871 3 years ago

I watched two episodes of Utopia on Amazon last night. Kind of crazy they filmed this last year and now the story line hits home a bit more. I liked it and I'm going to keep watching some more.

I agree on the first two episodes of The Boys season 2. I figure every show has some episodes they use as a set up for future episodes. Where I think shows go bad is when they start having too many of those set up episodes and you can tell they're trying to drag the story out to keep making more episodes and seasons. Hope it doesn't eventually fall into that trap but I think so far so good.

#872 3 years ago

I recently finished all the Rick & Morty and Future Man episodes too. I need a new 1/2 hour show to watch. Rick & Morty was awesome. I'd never even heard of it until the pinball game came out but once I saw the first episode I was hooked.

#873 3 years ago

Bates Motel - Black Sails - The Boys - Cobra Kai - Game of Thrones - 6 Feet Under - Love is Blind - Sopranos - Better Call Saul

#874 3 years ago

The Boys - Prime
Cobra Kai - Netflix

#875 3 years ago

Am I the only one that doesn't like Cobra Kai? I watched the first season and was underwhelmed. The acting was horrible and the story felt like a rehash of Karate Kid. I can't get myself to watch the second season.

Raised by Wolves on HBO Max is good if you're in to Sci-fi. Great special effects.

#876 3 years ago

Isn’t Cobra Kai supposed to be bad, like on purpose? Kinda like Sharknado, WWE, Fast and Furious and all that shit...

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I recently finished all the Rick & Morty and Future Man episodes too. I need a new 1/2 hour show to watch. Rick & Morty was awesome. I'd never even heard of it until the pinball game came out but once I saw the first episode I was hooked.

Have you watched Shitts Creek? It gets better as it goes on.

#878 3 years ago

Yellowstone

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven't seen that yet. I'll have to check it out.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen the HBO documentary Class Action Park about the 1980's water park in New Jersey it's really worth checking out.

1 week later
#880 3 years ago

+1 for Utopia, binged it this week.

FA02941B-DE7F-4A5C-A76F-712A1035B254 (resized).jpegFA02941B-DE7F-4A5C-A76F-712A1035B254 (resized).jpeg
#881 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I’d recommend watching the rest of season 2 of the Boys. It really steamrolled the last 3 episodes. And for god’s sake watch the rest of GOT, it’s some of the best TV ever produced.

#882 3 years ago

Watchmen (excellent and deserved every Emmy. Watch the movie first though.)
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Agents of Shield
Schitt's Creek
Fargo
High Score
Jack Ryan
NYPD Blue (oldie but a goodie and it'll keep you busy for a while)
Star Trek Discovery (I thought it was going to suck, glad I was wrong)

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Watched the first four episodes of Schitt's Creek over the last couple days. Really, really funny show.

#884 3 years ago

Normally love Fargo but can’t get into this season.
Just finished episode two, should I continue?

#885 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Isn’t Cobra Kai supposed to be bad, like on purpose? Kinda like Sharknado, WWE, Fast and Furious and all that shit...

To me it's the perfect balance of campy (funny bad), actually pretty good, and nostalgic for those that grew up with the movies. I practically fired it after each of the first 2 or 3 episodes. For some reason I kept watching and ended up bingeing it by the end. If you can't deal with at least some bad on purpose, then you won't like it.

Cobra Kai Never Dies!

#886 3 years ago

For more serious recommendations, my wife and I both like British detective / crime drama shows. Broadchurch, The Fall, and Happy Valley (all on Netflix) are all EXCELLENT shows.

#887 3 years ago

Cobra Kai is good.

It kind of reminds me of those old 80s movies that you love but looking at them realistically you’d say they aren’t great but just as entertainment they work. I’m talking about something like the movie ‘Jonny be good’ or ‘Sixteen Candles’ etc.

#888 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It kind of reminds me of those old 80s movies that you love but looking at them realistically you’d say they aren’t great but just as entertainment they work. I’m talking about something like the movie ‘Jonny be good’ or ‘Sixteen Candles’ etc.

I agree 100%, and I am pretty sure that was the intention. It was originally a youtube Red show, intended "as part of Susanne Daniels' efforts to age up the platform's demographic from 18-34 to the more advertiser-coveted 18-49 set". A little nostalgia for us older folks with pocket books. They already announced a fourth season, and the third doesn't start till January. Netflix rarely does that, so the demographics must be great for them too (they do a lot of product placement in their original series, including this one).

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Watched the first four episodes of Schitt's Creek over the last couple days. Really, really funny show.

And it's one of those rare shows that just keeps getting better with each season.

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And it's one of those rare shows that just keeps getting better with each season.

I’m just on season 3 but I’ll start laughing just from the actors facial expressions and mannerisms or even the clothes they’re wearing.

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

I am, episode 1 was slow but things are gonna start building up!! IMO

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Did you like last season? I like this season better than last, but the tempo is definitely slower. That being said, I think the 3rd episode of this season has been the most interesting so far.

Season 1 was a masterpiece, will be hard to top that one.

#893 3 years ago

Yep really liked every season so far.

Chris Rock and Jason Schwartman are ruining it for me, neither of their characters are believable.

#894 3 years ago

If you have Amazon Prime and enjoy mafia, underworld, violent shows, this is for you. Not a show you can half pay attention to and be on your phone at the same time. Have to read subtitles. But damn, was it awesome! My wife was away for work last week and I watched all 9 episodes in two days I think. Right up there with Ozark and Breaking Bad in my opinion.

Mirzapur

Season two starts 10/24

If you watch and enjoy it, then also watch the two part movie, Gangs of Wasseypur.

#895 3 years ago

https://www.ign.com/articles/best-horror-tv-shows-on-netflix-right-now

I enjoyed dark. I also was really creeped out by the leftovers h b o .

Season one was good, season two ok, season three (final) spectacular. Disturbing.

#896 3 years ago

We had just finished watching Arrested Development (Don’t bother) and went into Schitts Creek. Watched the first two episodes and didn’t smile or laugh. Not going back to it. I think the humor was too close to Arrested Development that I just couldn’t deal with it again. Maybe in a couple of years I’ll go back to it. Maybe.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Mirzapur

Season two starts 10/24

If you watch and enjoy it, then also watch the two part movie, Gangs of Wasseypur.

OK,
I started this to watch when my wife is watching baking shows. Pretty good so far, an awful lot of splatting brains, I must say though.

#898 3 years ago

Anyone here a Letterkenny watcher? Is it all just the same shtick I've seen from clips on youtube?

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Anyone here a Letterkenny watcher?

To be fair, it took a couple of episodes before we liked it, but then we watched the whole series and are waiting on the next season. There are supposed to be at least 3 more seasons.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Anyone here a Letterkenny watcher? Is it all just the same shtick I've seen from clips on youtube?

it's like the new version of trailer park boys. Pretty funny most the time and better than just clips. It could take a few episodes to get into it.

There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.