• 3,830 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by jrockne
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 77.
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I fell off around that point when I watched a few years ago. Started really good, and I love imperioli, but I just lost interest.

Same.

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Mad Dogs on Amazon has been a wild ride so far (I'm 7 episodes in and loving it)

I liked Mad Dogs. It's a comedy adventure drama. As long as you don't take it too seriously it is a lot of fun. The main characters are really developed and acted well. You feel like you know them.

Recently I bought Motor Trend TV for $5 a month through Amazon Streaming. This was well worth it. Before streaming, I used to love watching Motor Trend when there was nothing else on, but the commercials are unbearable. Having these shows with no ads is awesome. There are a few shows I never heard of that I don't think make it to cable. It's also great stuff for running in the background while I'm working from home.

Two of my favorite Motor Trend TV shows are Wheeler Dealers and Dirt: Every Day. This type of show is all about fun and happiness in a great past time. No politics or news or fighting. It is a great way to unplug (pun intended).

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Finished it off last night, I thought it was pretty great and well worth watching. My wife dropped out around episode 5 so you aren't alone, but I respectfully disagree with both of you

Wives dont usually agree with me, but when they do, it's someone else's.

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Just started watching the queens gambit on Netflix, after two episodes I’m hooked. Well worth checking out

Great show! Too short.

1 week later
#955 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Just finished the show last night. Amazing show. The complexity and character development is top notch. We were watching some sub par shows before and this just made us want to binge watch. Sad it is over.

Very hard not to binge watch this show! I had to force myself not to watch another episode last night. If there were more episodes,it wouldn't be a problem,but since there's only seven,I want it to last.

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Just started watching the queens gambit on Netflix, after two episodes I’m hooked. Well worth checking out

Quoted from EJS:

Great show! Too short.

Great show, and though we would have watched/been interested in more, the series moved briskly because of the fewer episodes. I would like to see more short series like this, the way British dramas used to be told over just 4-6 shows. Less filler material.

#957 3 years ago

I just started watching What We Do in the Shadows. I've never seen the movie, but the show is hilarious!

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just started watching What We Do in the Shadows. I've never seen the movie, but the show is hilarious!

I was so reluctant to watch that show for some reason, and then when I started, I couldn’t stop. Really creative and funny show.

+100 for Queens Gambit as well. What a fantastic show all around!

#959 3 years ago

We’ve been enjoying this lately.

ADD64291-30A9-491F-83B5-D101DE5512B0 (resized).jpegADD64291-30A9-491F-83B5-D101DE5512B0 (resized).jpeg
#960 3 years ago

new episode of The Grand Tour today (haven't watched it yet)

80523FC4-7C78-4DAD-BF1F-0EAABE462FBC (resized).jpeg80523FC4-7C78-4DAD-BF1F-0EAABE462FBC (resized).jpeg

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Great show! Too short.

I only started to watch but halfway in the first episode the show seems to be dragging for me.

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

We’ve been enjoying this lately.[quoted image]

Very entertaining show!

#963 3 years ago

I recently finished Season 1 of For All Mankind on Apple TV+. Thought it was good. If you like astronaut/space/Apollo 13 type shows you'll probably like it.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

new episode of The Grand Tour today (haven't watched it yet)
[quoted image]

I loved top gear, even loved the american version with Rutledge wood. Feels like it jumped the shark when they went to amazon.

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I recently finished Season 1 of For All Mankind on Apple TV+. Thought it was good. If you like astronaut/space/Apollo 13 type shows you'll probably like it.

Plus one! Good show.

#966 3 years ago

Just finished on mandalorian. I am sure I am late to the party and saying so but the show is awesome!!!

Very impressive by Disney!

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I really want to watch this, but I heard The Right Stuff kind of sucks, which is a bummer because I love the movie.

#968 3 years ago

I don't think I've seen this mentioned before but I recommend Money Heist on Netflix. It's in Spanish with English subtitles, but it is extremely well done and the character development is fantastic.

I binged the first four seasons in about a week. The final fifth season should be out next year.

The original series was actually cancelled at the end of season 2 which is when Netflix bought it. It was such a success on Netflix that they ordered 3 more seasons with a new heist and larger budget.

#969 3 years ago

I think mind hunter is awesome but sadly looks like two seasons and done.

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm trying to find a new TV series to watch.

Might I suggest "Fat Guys in the Woods" for your television enjoyment? It's an actual show on the Weather channel.

Apparently there is a need to fill the proliferation of channels with any kind of programming they can find.
Which may explain why "Naked and Afraid" has been on the Discovery channel for eleven seasons already.

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I think mind hunter is awesome but sadly looks like two seasons and done.

Why do you say that? It certainly seemed like they were setting up other seasons based on the story. Was it canceled?

#972 3 years ago

Ugh, I thought Truth Seekers was really bad. I gave it a few episodes and gave up.

I see there is a new season of The Expanse available. Will probably watch that with relatives over the Holidays. The Mandalorian was really good. For those who mentioned Mind Hunters, that was also really good.

Funny I heard For All Mankind totally sucks and The Right Stuff was great. Opposite of what I read above. To each their own I guess. I plan to give the Right Stuff a chance.

A great binge show would be Boardwalk Empire for anyone who hasn't seen it. It ended a few years ago so nothing to wait for! Also, Homeland is an all time favorite of mine. All eight seasons are in the can and ready for binging.

#973 3 years ago

I enjoyed the whole series of the Mentalist. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1196946/

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Why do you say that? It certainly seemed like they were setting up other seasons based on the story. Was it canceled?

I looked on line and looks like it is not being renewed.

Boo Lloyd!

1 week later
#975 3 years ago

Anyone watching the steamy Netflix hit Bridgerton?

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

My wife and I just watched the first episode last night. It was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to watching more.

#977 3 years ago

I discovered 2 sleeper shows on Netflix that I think are great

Travelers - SciFi time travelers with a very unique premise

Traitor - post WWI cloak and dagger with twists and turns

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Travelers - SciFi time travelers with a very unique premise

I love Travelers and was super bummed when it got cancelled.

#979 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

+1 to that. It was an interesting show.

#980 3 years ago

If you enjoyed Battle Royale, I strongly recommend Alice in Borderlands on Netflix. I binged it in a day, it's violent and twisted in a typical japanese way.

#982 3 years ago

Alex Rider on Amazon. Watched it with my 14 yo and it’s quite entertaining and well done even if it is about a teenage spy

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Quoted from gweempose:

My wife and I just watched the first episode last night. It was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to watching more.

We turned it off after the first 30 minutes. Just couldn’t get into the style of it. I was wondering if we should have given it more of a chance. Is it more of the same after that or does it start to pick up?

#984 3 years ago

Pennyworth season 2 will be starting soon.

See how tough Alfred was before Batman in the swinging 60s in the UK.

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

If you enjoyed Battle Royale, I strongly recommend Alice in Borderlands on Netflix. I binged it in a day, it's violent and twisted in a typical japanese way.

That sounds great going to give it a look.

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

We turned it off after the first 30 minutes. Just couldn’t get into the style of it. I was wondering if we should have given it more of a chance. Is it more of the same after that or does it start to pick up?

Haven’t watched yet. Planning on giving it a go this weekend.

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is Travelers worth starting at this point? Does the series wrap up in a satisfying way or will it just leave me frustrated? I was on the fence about watching this show, but now I'm concerned if it ends abruptly and without resolution.

#988 3 years ago

We just finished Manhunt: Deadly Games, on Netflix. This one was the Richard Jewell story, the next one is the Unabomber one. These are very much like Criminal Minds, where the FBI creates a profile to go on.

#989 3 years ago

I recommend 4X Overland on youtube if you are in to travel. Andrew White goes back aways in the Australia and South Africa outback scene and his recent camera work is phenomenal. The old Land Rover journeys he took early on are great. No commercials either (yet).
Warning, he's an opinionated honest contrarian which I like but may be off-putting to some.

Also, after watching a few of his journeys you may wind up with a serious overland vehicle or a strong desire for one.

#990 3 years ago

didnt realize i said to watch this a year ago, not one Comment . Must be a bad show ...lol not

#991 3 years ago

I watched 'Death to 2020' on netflix last night, it's not a series but rather a short mockumentary by the creators of Black Mirror. It's very politically loaded, so it may ruffle some feathers but I laughed a lot (full disclosure, I had a few bourbons before that). So if you are looking for a fun review of this awful year and don't mind jokes on political leaders, maybe worth checking out

1 week later
#992 3 years ago

Some "exotic" European series I recommend:

- Hidden (UK): crime series in Wales. One occasion to hear Welsh (is it Gaelic?). Good ambiance, excellent play.
- Antidisturbios (Spain): life of a anti-riot unit in Madrid. With a nice, dark plot slowly unveiled.
- (already mentioned it): Babylon Berlin (Germany): Crime and politics in Germany in the 1920's. 3 seasons, all excellent.
- Missing (Sweden): mini series (4 episodes): crime in the "Bible Belt" of Sweden.

#993 3 years ago

Yellowstone is good one. It’s like a redneck sopranos.

#994 3 years ago

If you’re up for a bit of reality.
Alone.
Not sure what service it’s on in the States.
10 people individually dropped into the wilderness with a GoPro and a sleeping bag.
Last man standing wins 500k.
Seriously compelling viewing.

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Very good and entertaining! Checkout Sweet Home on Netflix aswell. Spectacular monsters in this Korean production.

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

If you’re up for a bit of reality.
Alone.
Not sure what service it’s on in the States.
10 people individually dropped into the wilderness with a GoPro and a sleeping bag.
Last man standing wins 500k.
Seriously compelling viewing.

Yes so good! It’s on the history channel. You can look up the 10 items they picked and the peoples back ground. Last season was the million dollar challenge. 100 days and get a paid. The dude from western Kentucky was not good. They need to get someone from eastern Kentucky. True hill Billy’s out there. Anyways it’s good show.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yellowstone is good one. It’s like a redneck sopranos.

Please don't confuse country with redneck.

#998 3 years ago

great tips. I need to find more tube time.

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Please don't confuse country with redneck.

Oh better send me to the train station.

#1000 3 years ago

Masked Dancer is uber lame.
Way easier to sing in those outfits.

There are 3,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.