pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
FARGO-Season-5-preview (resized).jpg
jer1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).png
2jk8jp7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1881 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 74.
#901 3 years ago

I just crushed Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous on netflix. I really liked it but I'm a JP lover. However the first 2 episodes were a little tough to like the a couple of the "annoying" kid/characters. Once the show was rolling, it could get pretty intense and the ending...oh I hope season 2! It takes place at the same time as Jurassic World, just on another side of the park.

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Anyone here a Letterkenny watcher? Is it all just the same shtick I've seen from clips on youtube?

I watched the first few episodes a couple months ago and thought it was funny. I'm planning on circling back to it at some point.

4 weeks later
#903 3 years ago

Bumping this up.

Just finished Barbarians on Netflix. Awesome show. Great acting, lots of fighting, and a fantastic final battle. It's a German show so if you want the original be ready to read fast.

#904 3 years ago

I just watched season 2 of Britannia and it was pretty good. This show is sort of Sky/Amazon's Game of Thrones in a way with a little more humor and quirky British dialog.

The Wire is still the best show ever and if you haven't seen Peaky Blinders yet, not sure what you are waiting on. Peaky Blinders is worth watching just for the slow motion crew walks haha.

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Woke was enjoyable (hulu). Shows a black cartoonist who is ignorant to how the black culture is harassed and after having an incident with the police he gets "woke"

No thanks kind of burnt out on this subject matter

#906 3 years ago

If you’re into anime
Blood of Zeus on Netflix has been pretty good.

#907 3 years ago

Just started watching the queens gambit on Netflix, after two episodes I’m hooked. Well worth checking out

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Just started watching the queens gambit on Netflix, after two episodes I’m hooked. Well worth checking out

I was looking forward to that show as well!

#909 3 years ago

Buffy the vampire slayer is on prime. I thought it was good when I watched it a decade ago. Going to revisit it after I finish Supernatural. Currently on season 13. Now that's a show that week take you a long time it get through since it has 15 seasons

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Just finished the show last night. Amazing show. The complexity and character development is top notch. We were watching some sub par shows before and this just made us want to binge watch. Sad it is over.

#911 3 years ago

I watched the first 4 episodes of Truth Seekers on Amazon Prime yesterday. It's a 1/2 hour show and I only intended to check out the first one, but then I wanted to see more. I'd call it kind of a 1/2 hour version of the show Supernatural. Good characters and funny lines mixed in.

#912 3 years ago

We watched the first three episodes of The Vow on HBO yesterday. It's an in depth look into the NXIVM cult. I found the documentary to be compelling and very well made, but it does move a bit slow. I can't fathom how they have enough material for another six hours.

#913 3 years ago

Our world needs more Bonanza. Know what I’m sayin?

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is that streaming anywhere?

the-hoss-has-spoken (resized).jpgthe-hoss-has-spoken (resized).jpg
#915 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

You are not kidding.
I have attempted to watch 5 Series on netflix. All the same, they start off good, then they start slipping woke propaganda (or a dozen other forms), then they finally crash in confusion.
Killing off main characters you like and replacing them with losers.
Hammering SJW talking points in scenes where they don't fit, or the scene was specifically created for a lecture.I swear the same Director is calling the shots in all of them.
I'm cancelling netflix after Christmas (keeping it on so my Granddaughter can watch "Spirit" until I order the whole Series on dvd).
What we need is a "Netflix Style" channel that only shows wholesome Family entertainment, old Westerns and non-politically correct Documentaries.

#916 3 years ago

Hope this hasn't been mentioned.

The wife and I just finished up watching "The Queen's Gambit" it's a 7 Ep mini series about an orphan that is a chess prodigy. The acting, and overall delivery of this series is fantastic. And I don't do chess, but it all works well.

Also, 2 moths ago, we steamrolled through Peaky Blinders - fuck is that good

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Peaky Blinders is Awesome. You do however have to listen closely to the dialog as the accents are tough to follow but Worth it!

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Peaky Blinders is Awesome. You do however have to listen closely to the dialog as the accents are tough to follow but Worth it!

Speaking of accents, Top of the Lake currently on Hulu is fantastic. I turned closed captions on to hear through some of the mumbling. Another great great performance by Elisabeth Moss in a totally unique show that just has a lot going on. I haven’t watched the sequel series yet, but the first series is great.

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

We watched the first three episodes of The Vow on HBO yesterday. It's an in depth look into the NXIVM cult. I found the documentary to be compelling and very well made, but it does move a bit slow. I can't fathom how they have enough material for another six hours.

I've watched most of it, maybe 2 more to go? HBO series docs are normally really good. This isn't an exception, but there really isn't that much more compelling material to warrant more than the 3 episodes you've already watched... plus, the case is unfolding in real-time, so it's not much of a mystery as to how it resolves.

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Is that streaming anywhere? [quoted image]

Streaming on Prime, broadcast 6 days a week on MeTV.

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am usually really good at dealing with accents in tv. But it was so often and so much dialog, we turned on CC so it was easier.

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hope this hasn't been mentioned.
The wife and I just finished up watching "The Queen's Gambit" it's a 7 Ep mini series about an orphan that is a chess prodigy. The acting, and overall delivery of this series is fantastic. And I don't do chess, but it all works well.

Ok, good to know. I watched the first two episodes, was left feeling a little dark and went to the basement to play pinball and watch football! My wife kept watching and liked it.

#923 3 years ago

The Good Lord Bird. I think it's on Showtime and episode 5 just dropped.

Ethan Hawke *IS* John Brown.

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You are not kidding.
I have attempted to watch 5 Series on netflix. All the same, they start off good, then they start slipping woke propaganda (or a dozen other forms), then they finally crash in confusion.
Hammering SJW talking points in scenes where they don't fit, or the scene was specifically created for a lecture.I swear the same Director is calling the shots in all of them.
I'm cancelling netflix after Christmas (keeping it on so my Granddaughter can watch "Spirit" until I order the whole Series on dvd).

What we need is a "Netflix Style" channel that only shows wholesome Family entertainment, old Westerns and non-politically correct Documentaries.

Quoted from phil-lee:

You are not kidding.

Quoted from phil-lee:

You are not kidding.
I'm cancelling netflix after Christmas (keeping it on so my Granddaughter can watch

"Spirit" until I order the whole Series on dvd).
What we need is a "Netflix Style" channel that only shows wholesome Family

entertainment, old Westerns and non-politically correct Documentaries.

I liked “ Last Kingdom” ....did you see that one?

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If I compared The Last Kingdom to Vikings. I would say T.L.K was done better. ( and I was a huge Vikings series fan)

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I will check it out, thanks!

#927 3 years ago

Don’t watch it with young kids as it has a fair amount of “Viking sex “ in about every episode.

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Don’t watch it with young kids as it has a fair amount of “Viking sex “ in about every episode.

K now I need to know. What is Viking Sex? Lol

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

K now I need to know. What is Viking Sex? Lol

Usually from the rear

#930 3 years ago

The Last Kingdom is one of the best series ever made. The writers pack more material in one episode than other series in 4 episodes. Great acting, character development, story telling. If you get past the first 2 episodes you may not stop watching for hours. Haven’t met anyone who didn’t think it was great. If your looking for a show to watch, don’t pass this one up.

#931 3 years ago

Yeah, you will at least watch two, maybe three episodes in one sitting. It pulls you in.

#932 3 years ago

Endeavour, smartest, classy mystery series in years. 7 seasons of movies so far.

Message from the Oxford Freeeek Kingdom.

#933 3 years ago

Is that streaming anywhere? [quoted image]

Bonanza: Either Grit or MeTV, not sure which.

#934 3 years ago

Buffy the vampire slayer is on prime. I thought it was good when I watched it a decade ago. Going to revisit it after I finish Supernatural. Currently on season 13. Now that's a show that week take you a long time it get through since it has 15 seasons

I had the account Torrance high school at grainger industrial supply. That was Buffys school. I thought it was kind of Cool to be going there weekly, for my own reasons.

When they blew up the school, I was semi excited. In the show.

The best thing I got from them was a friendship with the former director of maintenance.

The first time I visited them I locked my keys in my car. The whole maintenance staff ended up helping me including the director.

I learned, to make the best of a situation there. (A good lesson IMO.)

I kept that for tip. For later sales.

There are some exceptional shows in the Buffy seasons. I remember one of my own co workers was like "you need to watch Buffy"

She was right. What a clever show.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Endeavour, smartest, classy mystery series in years. 7 seasons of movies so far.
Message from the Oxford Freeeek Kingdom.

Netflix?

3 weeks later
#936 3 years ago

Mandolorian.

Catching up on walking dead. It is about to hit the fan.

They are about to meet a guy named negan.

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Catching up on walking dead. It is about to hit the fan.
They are about to meet a guy named negan

this is about the best and last time TWD will be good.

#938 3 years ago

Some episodes of MXC are on prime. That show is as hilarious as I remember.

#939 3 years ago

Me and the wife just finished season 1 of Lovecraft Country. Very good show, especially if you like good special effects mixed with great acting. It's a little heavy on the racial/gender awareness tip, but if you can get past that, the magic/fantasy story line takes you down a wild ride. After almost every freaking episode me and the wife would look at each other and be like "Damn, you NEVER know what's gonna happen next on this show!".

#940 3 years ago

Been watching The Morning Show on Apple TV. I think we are on episode 5. Lots of star power and so far very interesting and intense.

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:Catching up on walking dead. It is about to hit the fan.

They are about to meet a guy named negan.

You've got a lot of catching up to do!!

1 week later
#942 3 years ago

Is anyone watching ‘The Flight Attendant’?

I watched episode one but not sure if it’s worth continuing.

#943 3 years ago

Just finished The Undoing on HBO. Very well acted series with good suspense and easy to binge. Would recommend.

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I saw that 1st episode and looked interesting but don't have HBO max, and don't plan on getting it either. Would probably continue if on network TV or Netflix/Amazon.

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've watched the first four episodes and like it. There are a lot of funny lines & scenes throughout it. It's a "who done it" but the way it's done is a bit lighter & entertaining so it doesn't have a deep serious tone to it.

#946 3 years ago

Watching better than us on Netflix. My fiancée likes it. It is filmed in Russia.

I am fully enjoying the mandolorian.

You know there could be a mandolorian pinball. That would be very smart.

#947 3 years ago

Big Sky is the hot new series!!!

#948 3 years ago

Mad Dogs on Amazon has been a wild ride so far (I'm 7 episodes in and loving it)

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Mad Dogs on Amazon has been a wild ride so far (I'm 7 episodes in and loving it)

I fell off around that point when I watched a few years ago. Started really good, and I love imperioli, but I just lost interest.

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I fell off around that point when I watched a few years ago. Started really good, and I love imperioli, but I just lost interest.

Finished it off last night, I thought it was pretty great and well worth watching. My wife dropped out around episode 5 so you aren't alone, but I respectfully disagree with both of you

There are 3,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.