Topic Stats

• 2,380 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by HE-MAN44
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 55 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 48.
#1451 2 years ago

Just have to do mounting holes and foam backing.

Anyone going to York? I can bring with me to save you shipping. I'll be there Friday.

20211006_172539 (resized).jpg20211006_172539 (resized).jpg

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Anyone going to York? I can bring with me to save you shipping. I'll be there Friday.
[quoted image]

Looks good… let me know what I owe ya…

#1453 2 years ago

Hey I am listing this - didn’t end up using them….

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “So, I have a set of Lethal Weapon 3 decals for sale - blue color - brand new still in the tube from when I purchased them. I thought I was going to re-do the cabinet in blue and d...”
2021-10-06
Seattle, WA
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 93 times
Contributed to Pinside

#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Anyone else notice this on their game? Danny Glover apparently has a 5 foot long dick. Haha
[quoted image]

I figured that was old news.
The second I got mine I noticed it. Those sly dogs at the DE art department!
The shit-eating grin really brings the piece together.

I imagine they told the line guys “to line up the flipper guides, just make sure to nail him in the crotch”

Any sources for the blue dome? I called Steve and he gave me an earful. He loathes that I always call him for DE parts. Paraphrasing slightly: “Respectfully, maybe you should look into buying a different manufacturer, one that actually did QC?”

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I figured that was old news.
The second I got mine I noticed it. Those sly dogs at the DE art department!
The shit-eating grin really brings the piece together.
I imagine they told the line guys “to line up the flipper guides, just make sure to nail him in the crotch”
Any sources for the blue dome? I called Steve and he gave me an earful. He loathes that I always call him for DE parts. Paraphrasing slightly: “Respectfully, maybe you should look into buying a different manufacturer, one that actually did QC?”

I replace the whole assembly, cheap and easy.

#1456 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I replace the whole assembly, cheap and easy.

I am guessing a person could use a F14 dome or Pinball Centre has one

#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I am guessing a person could use a F14 dome or Pinball Centre has one

$25 for a new assembly on Amazon

#1458 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

$25 for a new assembly on Amazon

Agreed - but if you only need the dome and are not inclined to replace the assembly they have them.

It is not the smart way to go for sure.

#1459 2 years ago

Jumping subject - anyone have the right side helicopter plastics they can sell me? Mine is missing otherwise my plastics are good so I can't imagine buying a whole set for one plastic.

helichopter (resized).JPGhelichopter (resized).JPG
#1460 2 years ago

Dome replacement for beacon: Preface ( I have not scoured the thread or pinside for an answer)

Wondering what people have done for dome replacements. I do not need a full assembly and have seen some full assembly's on Amazon for around $25 https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-3205-B-Emergency-Rotating-Warning/dp/B000BNOI8G/ref=pd_vtp_5/131-0029347-3603904
, but was also looking at trying to figure out how to wire one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/AT-HAIHAN-Waterproof-Magnetic-Emergency-Enforcement/dp/B08HQC1K51/ref=psdc_9002296011_t1_B0885WYR5N
Just wondering if anyone has done this.
Obviously seems like the one with just the plug in (1st one would be much easier to hook up), but the light bar looks sweet.
Do I need either? No just a cheap repro of the dome which doesn't exist.

Thoughts?

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Dome replacement for beacon: Preface ( I have not scoured the thread or pinside for an answer)
Wondering what people have done for dome replacements. I do not need a full assembly and have seen some full assembly's on Amazon for around $25 amazon.com link »

That is the one I purchased; easy as pie to install and wire.

1) Replace bulb with tower flasher from Comet.
2) Screw a large washer to cab top for magnet to grip.
3) Wire the lamp to the 12v connector at the top of the cabinet over the MPU.

Enjoy!

The light bar draws too much power. You would have to use a relay to trigger and a dedicated power supply to be safe.

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

That is the one I purchased; easy as pie to install and wire.
1) Replace bulb with tower flasher from Comet.
2) Screw a large washer to cab top for magnet to grip.
3) Wire the lamp to the 12v connector at the top of the cabinet over the MPU.
Enjoy!
The light bar draws too much power. You would have to use a relay to trigger and a dedicated power supply to be safe.

I assume you mean the 13SMD Tower Flashers from Comet?

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/13smd-tower-flasher

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Jumping subject - anyone have the right side helicopter plastics they can sell me?

Is this the one you're looking for?

ebay.com link: itm

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I assume you mean the 13SMD Tower Flashers from Comet?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/13smd-tower-flasher

Yup, thats what I use! You know when that sucker is lit! I have 8 in the Last Action Hero topper!

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is this the one you're looking for?
ebay.com link: itm

Yes but both parts - need the blade part too. I would buy that but it is incomplete.

#1466 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Yes but both parts - need the blade part too. I would buy that but it is incomplete.

I think I have what you need. I will be home Sunday and can check.

#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from bushav:

I think I have what you need. I will be home Sunday and can check.

Let me know....I think I will go without versus buy a whole set for one piece of plastic

#1468 2 years ago

Thank you all for the input on the beacon.
My next issue. I'm rebuilding the flippers and for the life of me I can't get my right flipper to tighten down. I've taken the actuator, squeezed it down to the point where I have to pry it open a but with a screwdriver just to get the shift of the flipper back in. I get to a point of tightening where I can't go any more and it's not tight enough. Any Help/thoughts?
Also, I don't understand the plastic red actuator cap that comes with the rebuild kit. I assume that is an insulator for games with an EOS?

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Also, I don't understand the plastic red actuator cap that comes with the rebuild kit. I assume that is an insulator for games with an EOS?

Yes.

#1470 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Thank you all for the input on the beacon.
My next issue. I'm rebuilding the flippers and for the life of me I can't get my right flipper to tighten down. I've taken the actuator, squeezed it down to the point where I have to pry it open a but with a screwdriver just to get the shift of the flipper back in. I get to a point of tightening where I can't go any more and it's not tight enough. Any Help/thoughts?

You could try and score the end of the flipper shaft where it is being grabbed by the assembly if it's too slick. Like something to provide a little friction for it to grab onto.

Take a picture or two of your assembly and post here. Maybe something isn't right that you don't realize. Mine looks like this.

IMG_3063 (resized).JPGIMG_3063 (resized).JPGIMG_3064 (resized).JPGIMG_3064 (resized).JPG
#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

My next issue. I'm rebuilding the flippers and for the life of me I can't get my right flipper to tighten down.

Is the clamp new? Try flipping it over.

#1472 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

You could try and score the end of the flipper shaft where it is being grabbed by the assembly if it's too slick. Like something to provide a little friction for it to grab onto.
Take a picture or two of your assembly and post here. Maybe something isn't right that you don't realize. Mine looks like this.[quoted image][quoted image]

So mine are definitely missing the part where the spring attaches on the side. they had a much longer spring prior to rebuild and it attached to a small plate that screwed onto the bottom of the coil stop. I'll score the flipper shift and flip it over, pictures pending. I have a second LW3 right next to it that I'll be working on next and I'll look at that one too

#1473 2 years ago

And yes the clamp is new,
Looks like both versions of mine have a spring attaching to the bottom of the coil

20211009_130241 (resized).jpg20211009_130241 (resized).jpg20211009_130557 (resized).jpg20211009_130557 (resized).jpg
#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Looks like both versions of mine have a spring attaching to the bottom of the coil
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is how mine is as well, and I can vouch that it has never been touched from the factory. This guy didn’t fix ANYTHING.

#1475 2 years ago

The scoring the shift and flipping worked. thank you everyone

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

The attached addendum to the manual explains the change in flipper return spring brackets.

LW3 Manual Addendum.PDFLW3 Manual Addendum.PDF
#1477 2 years ago

Thank you

#1478 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

The attached addendum to the manual explains the change in flipper return spring brackets.[quoted image]

Thanks for the addendum, hadn't seen that b4

#1479 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

[quoted image]

I have four completed and in safe packaging, I'll be in touch with those who have contacted me via PM so we can get these in the mail.

Gary

#1480 2 years ago

Those that have contacted me have been sent payment info, packages can go out Wednesday!

Gary

#1481 2 years ago

All packages went out at lunchtime. I'll pm tracking in the morning.

Gary

#1482 2 years ago

You da man, Gary! Thanks again!

1 week later
#1483 2 years ago

i need to pull 5v from the back box for a diy speaker light mod, any help on where i can get it from? Cheers

#1484 2 years ago

I received the replacement plastic from gdonovan today. He did a fantastic job on it! Everything lines up perfectly, and it looks even better than the original ...

Plastic #1 (resized).jpgPlastic #1 (resized).jpgPlastic #2 (resized).jpgPlastic #2 (resized).jpgPlastic #3 (resized).jpgPlastic #3 (resized).jpg
#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I received the replacement plastic from gdonovan today. He did a fantastic job on it! Everything lines up perfectly, and it looks even better than the original ...

Thank you for the kind words, just glad the stars aligned with my own project so I could make it happen.

Was a bitch to make those five holes without cracking the mirror plastic, that is actually the second piece after the first died and I had to try a few different techniques.

I have one spare LW3 mirror plastic if anyone is interested.

4c8c8ff40c574dc392e50a721f949dd4efa9b29b (resized).jpg4c8c8ff40c574dc392e50a721f949dd4efa9b29b (resized).jpg84e9d74038d1e65b12f2c56435766eb739f9d044 (resized).jpg84e9d74038d1e65b12f2c56435766eb739f9d044 (resized).jpg

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Thank you for the kind words, just glad the stars aligned with my own project so I could make it happen.
Was a bitch to make those five holes without cracking the mirror plastic, that is actually the second piece after the first died and I had to try a few different techniques.
I have one spare LW3 mirror plastic if anyone is interested.

Wow - so cool - I have a long way to go on my LW3 restore - your mirror for my machine was extremely well packed and waiting for my project to move far enough along to install it. Thanks so much....

That's a cool Seawitch!

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Wow - so cool - I have a long way to go on my LW3 restore - your mirror for my machine was extremely well packed and waiting for my project to move far enough along to install it. Thanks so much....
That's a cool Seawitch!

If you are interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seawitch-from-scratch-allentown-edition

I started with a bare, beat playfield and had a functioning game in 64 days.

The wiring harness is 100% scratch made aside from a small section of Laser War harness in the cab!

Just have to work on the cabinet graphics now.

#1488 2 years ago

Joining the club with a Lw3 who spent his last 12 yrs with same owner in a garage and last 2 yrs turned off.

Have some polishing to do ….
TLC is coming up.

And missing the plastic assy left side above the spinner. If anyone has one to spare drop me a message pls.

31611257-E489-49A6-87BF-BF50C33CE2A6 (resized).jpeg31611257-E489-49A6-87BF-BF50C33CE2A6 (resized).jpeg4087793F-FF68-4F59-AC58-EA1C7909387E (resized).jpeg4087793F-FF68-4F59-AC58-EA1C7909387E (resized).jpeg41291EB9-5FB8-47C4-80DE-C7A988103579 (resized).jpeg41291EB9-5FB8-47C4-80DE-C7A988103579 (resized).jpeg759AE6E1-2F70-489A-BB6D-FFA498BDB827 (resized).jpeg759AE6E1-2F70-489A-BB6D-FFA498BDB827 (resized).jpeg9D7CABFC-BF23-4FFE-A780-59FADDAEC2C7 (resized).jpeg9D7CABFC-BF23-4FFE-A780-59FADDAEC2C7 (resized).jpegF9C2A4F2-7C0E-4EB8-AA9D-A553CB52223B (resized).jpegF9C2A4F2-7C0E-4EB8-AA9D-A553CB52223B (resized).jpeg
#1489 2 years ago

Power Board Replacement……..Done
MPU Repair…….Done
Coils Repaired…….Done
Pin2DMD……..Done
Code…….Updated

Now on to making it pretty! Another LW3 saved from the scrap heap!

24B9F247-AC4E-4476-96E7-031CD469DDEB (resized).jpeg24B9F247-AC4E-4476-96E7-031CD469DDEB (resized).jpeg
#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Jumping subject - anyone have the right side helicopter plastics they can sell me? Mine is missing otherwise my plastics are good so I can't imagine buying a whole set for one plastic.
[quoted image]

Anyone able to help me here? Still looking for this plastic....

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Anyone able to help me here? Still looking for this plastic....

I have these available. I bought the whole plastics set even though I didn't really need to (many of my originals were still fine, like these, but I replaced them with new anyway).

Let me know your Zip code and I'll try and get an idea of what it would cost to send them to you. I was thinking just a simple bubble mailer envelope and regular mail.

How much would you say is reasonable for both of these two plastics (not including the shipping)?

IMG-5553 (resized).jpgIMG-5553 (resized).jpgIMG-5554 (resized).jpgIMG-5554 (resized).jpg
#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from bushav:

Power Board Replacement……..Done
MPU Repair…….Done
Coils Repaired…….Done
Pin2DMD……..Done
Code…….Updated
Now on to making it pretty! Another LW3 saved from the scrap heap![quoted image]

Nice work! I have a machine of similar state of repair coming my way and you are giving me hope that I'll be able to get it into shape quick enough.

#1493 2 years ago

Just did a service call on a LW. Sounds had lots of static. Found lots of little capacitors on sound board leaking. Recapped and all was good. Might be a good idea to check sound boards of this vintage as the caps are beyond useful life.

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I have these available. I bought the whole plastics set even though I didn't really need to (many of my originals were still fine, like these, but I replaced them with new anyway).
Let me know your Zip code and I'll try and get an idea of what it would cost to send them to you. I was thinking just a simple bubble mailer envelope and regular mail.
How much would you say is reasonable for both of these two plastics (not including the shipping)?[quoted image][quoted image]

I sent ya a Pinside email ….

#1495 2 years ago

I have a question about the upper right eject plastic piece.
Does anybody know what the cutoff billboard said or looked like?

Cheers.

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I sent ya a Pinside email ….

Cat plastic piece...

Cat plastic (resized).jpgCat plastic (resized).jpg
#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Cat plastic piece...[quoted image]

Thank Jon - I will take them....thanks for working with me. Think about cats, exploding toilets, what is not to like about LW3.

#1498 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I have a question about the upper right eject plastic piece.
Does anybody know what the cutoff billboard said or looked like?
Cheers.

Was looking at this on my game and don't think I know what you mean by cutoff billboard. Which plastic piece is it you're thinking of? Pic?

#1499 2 years ago

I joined the LW3 club but it was ROUGH and needed significant work on the playfield and basically all new cabinet art. Playfield is coming along well.

77426CD8-2B30-43C7-BCCE-E7DCAAF1ABC7 (resized).jpeg77426CD8-2B30-43C7-BCCE-E7DCAAF1ABC7 (resized).jpegA88EB8AB-7DCA-4968-9D23-C88B45271C5B (resized).jpegA88EB8AB-7DCA-4968-9D23-C88B45271C5B (resized).jpeg

#1500 2 years ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

I joined the LW3 club but it was ROUGH and needed significant work on the playfield and basically all new cabinet art. Playfield is coming along well.

Looks great! How did you repair the worn and damaged paint by the uzi and inserts? Is that a hard top? Looks like new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,650 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 2,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/30?hl=vec-tor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.