(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 133.
#4601 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Really? Often? Can you name any titles as examples of that?
How is that logistically possible when games are transported by ship (a process from manufacturer to distributors that took 5+ weeks pre-COVID and now takes much longer)?
I know of a couple of examples where the Stern distributor flew a Pro model in for promotional purposes (at great cost) but I cannot recall any Aussie customer taking possession of a LE before a US customer.

I must be mistaken, it had been awhile ago but I thought there had been times when new pins show up in Australia/ NZ first . I also was being general in manufacturers. My bad ...but I swear.i remember something . Not Trying to upset anyone.

#4602 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I must be mistaken, it had been awhile ago but I thought there had been times when new pins show up in Australia/ NZ first . I also was being general in manufacturers. My bad ...but I swear.i remember something . Not Trying to upset anyone.

You are correct. Stern shipped overseas pins first years ago. Before IJ. I recall looking at a nib lotr but they were exported built first.

#4603 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You are correct. Stern shipped overseas pins first years ago. Before IJ. I recall looking at a nib lotr but they were exported built first.

Didn't Alien & Lebowski show up early as well ?

#4604 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Didn't Alien & Lebowski show up early as well ?

Stern always make our batch of games first because they have to get shipped by sea freight which takes 60-90 days. So they’re produced first, but we don’t get them until well after you guys unbox yours. We only just got Mandolorian for example.

Sometimes operators or the distributors will pay stupid money to air freight a game out instead of waiting for sea shipment. In that case we do occasionally get them unboxed before you guys.

#4605 2 years ago

My son got me this for Christmas and was very impressed that he did this for me

He being only 13 years old

Now for the keys ….

0DE852FC-ECE5-4E49-A815-D203BE5961FA (resized).jpeg0DE852FC-ECE5-4E49-A815-D203BE5961FA (resized).jpeg
#4606 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

My son got me this for Christmas and was very impressed that he did this for me.

Your son must be a good shot, too. He hit him right in the center of the cowboy hat.

#4607 2 years ago

I'm not going to lose my key with this!

Robert

IMG_20210823_160119157~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_160119157~2 (resized).jpg

#4608 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'm not going to lose my key with this!

Ummm................... I don't see a key ?

You already lose it ?

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Put your extra Monster Bash LE key on it. It will work when you get your CCR.

#4609 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Guessing the matching serial LEs will ship the first two weeks or so (guessing about 10%) and 6 months for for all the LEs.

I was told matching serial LEs will not get any better placement in line like in the past. That part on the loyalty program has gone away. Sad I know.

#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ummm................... I don't see a key ?
You already lose it ?
Disclaimer : Put your extra Monster Bash LE key on it. It will work when you get your CCR.

Haha, Nice! Just tested this theory. It works! Here I am fishing around for the correct key for the right machine each time!

#4611 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Haha, Nice! Just tested this theory. It works! Here I am fishing around for the correct key for the right machine each time!

Depending on where you keep your machine. The keyless locks you can buy for a few bucks are amazing. I have them on all my machines.

#4612 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Depending on where you keep your machine. The keyless locks you can buy for a few bucks are amazing. I have them on all my machines.

Yes! I had those before on some pins I had! I do like them as well!

#4613 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Link?

#4615 2 years ago

Yup, I use the keyless on my games too. Makes it waaaaay faster and easier to crack open games. Downside….. children find them easy to open too

#4616 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yup, I use the keyless on my games too. Makes it waaaaay faster and easier to crack open games. Downside….. children find them easy to open too

Haha, that’s why I’m currently not using them. My basement looks like this a few times a month!
Last night I had about 9 kids here ages 3 to 9! Haha…

7658EC5B-47CA-4E0C-80C7-1A987C6E1B8A (resized).jpeg7658EC5B-47CA-4E0C-80C7-1A987C6E1B8A (resized).jpeg
#4617 2 years ago

The best solution is to buy a large lot of keyed alike double bitted locks from Terry at PBL. I bought 20 of them like 15 years ago and just swap the lock cylinders on all my games when I get them. The same key opens all of my pins and the nicer locks operate much smoother. When I go to sell, I just swap a stock lock cylinder back in before it leaves.

#4618 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

. My basement looks like this a few times a month!

Guessing your relocating the TV when the CCr shows up at your door

#4619 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

The best solution is to buy a large lot of keyed alike double bitted locks from Terry at PBL. I bought 20 of them like 15 years ago and just swap the lock cylinders on all my games when I get them. The same key opens all of my pins and the nicer locks operate much smoother. When I go to sell, I just swap a stock lock cylinder back in before it leaves.

That seems like a better solution than mine. I keep the fobs when I sell a game as a "token" (the ones without keys).

BTW, can anyone guess ALL the games listed here? Most are really easy but there's one that I don't think anyone will get... trivia to pass the time until our games arrive!

IMG_6428D (resized).JPGIMG_6428D (resized).JPG

#4620 2 years ago

What’s the one above RFM ? I got the rest

#4621 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Almost looks like hang glider

#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Guessing your relocating the TV when the CCr shows up at your door

Haha, yup! Replaced the mirror with a TV and will move the smaller tv to the right of CCr (both running off different cable boxes to keep a eye on multiple games at once!).

8B353848-2E58-49A0-B6FA-03D1DEAC9CEF (resized).jpeg8B353848-2E58-49A0-B6FA-03D1DEAC9CEF (resized).jpeg
#4623 2 years ago

Where did you come by the "Play Pinball Here" Neon?... Would love to get that for my gameroom

#4624 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Where did you come by the "Play Pinball Here" Neon?... Would love to get that for my gameroom

Many cool one on Amazon. Make sure you check the shipping dates. Some from China may take months. https://www.amazon.com/LinC-Gunds-Bedroom-Garage-Nightclub/dp/B07BMYVSFN/ref=sr_1_78

#4625 2 years ago

Appreciate the link... Thanks.

#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d8e2b402fc91cb3a1dfc3cfb72398f4e937abd4c-1640892630-1800"};
//]]>

Yes, I got mine on Amazon.ca - looks like the seller I got mine from doesn’t have it currently, but I think they are all very similar. Most of them ship from China and can take a while to get, however some on Amazon can be quicker.
Mine is like the one in the pic I attached!
Cheers!

C5C9DF79-DD9E-4701-BF44-271D7E1DC073 (resized).pngC5C9DF79-DD9E-4701-BF44-271D7E1DC073 (resized).png
#4627 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Check sign shops in your area to get one made.

#4628 2 years ago

Don't buy Chinese made unless you absolutely have to. There are many American craftsmen and craftswomen who can do better and many times at less cost. Please support our economy. Rant over; thank you.

#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

That seems like a better solution than mine. I keep the fobs when I sell a game as a "token"(those without the keys).
BTW, can anyone guess ALL the games listed here? Most are really easy but there's one that I don't think anyone will get.
[quoted image]

Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Yep that's the one no one will get. The theme is hang gliding as tlsbryan mentioned... UBER rare.

#4630 2 years ago

I finally got to put some serious time in this game on the weekend. I'm glad they didn't make a base model as I would have bought one. I'm an average player at best and I was able to do everything on the machine on game one.
It has so many great polished aspects but I can't see it holding up in home use.
I did love the quickdraw. Maybe we can get that in another game.

#4631 2 years ago

Last day of 2021

Any chance for an update

Or even a teaser picture

#4632 2 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I finally got to put some serious time in this game on the weekend. I'm glad they didn't make a base model as I would have bought one. I'm an average player at best and I was able to do everything on the machine on game one.
It has so many great polished aspects but I can't see it holding up in home use.

That is why a lot of us are excited about the Lyman ruleset. Lyman has been able to transform somewhat average games to be remarkable based purely on great code. When you look at the last game he did code for, Elvira House of Horrors, it really has no right being so good, being as the layout is quite basic. The code transformed that game though and makes it's great.

Base CC already feels great to shoot and has a lot of fun toys to make the classic fan layout feel fresh. Add some awesome code to the game, and you'll have a real winner. Lyman is the best person to fix this problem too and has a proven track record that people know what he comes up with will be great. Also, Sharpe will be there to help him playtest.

In Lyman we trust.

#4633 2 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

That's why Lyman is on this one and they are implementing a new OS that can obtain future updates and changes to code. I'm in IT, so that really intrigues me the most about this remake specifically, and then the games released afterwards.

Imo, that's a huge step in the right direction for CGC and pinball in general. The game you played is 30 years old, but yeah, it might not be for everyone; however, this will be different in a lot of ways. Perhaps give it a try when they are out in the wild and see if it plays different for you. Happy New Year!

#4634 2 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

There is a base model. It’s called the SE. I presume you meant a classic edition.

What leads you to believe the game won’t have staying power in the home environment?

#4635 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

That's why Lyman is on this one and they are implementing a new OS that can obtain future updates and changes to code. I'm in IT, so that really intrigues me the most about this

Where is this info. Last I heard the Lyman code would not be released until complete and it would be final.

#4636 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Where is this info. Last I heard the Lyman code would not be released until complete and it would be final.

The new OS was mentioned during the CGC Expo seminar. I believe they mentioned they did this to allow them to write their own code instead of just emulating old roms.

The OS should be much more user friendly, and will combine the game settings with the CGC settings into one menu unlike their previous games.

Lyman is a contractor, so you should expect the code to be completed by the time it drops. As he will then move onto another project that might not even be with CGC. However, I'm sure CGC will have a way to update the code to address any bugs that are found after release.

I think you misinterpreted his statement. I don't think he is saying that they'll out the code before it's done. Just done is typically viewed as v1.0. As we all know, there tends to be bugfixes and tweaks made after 1.0 to address problems.

#4637 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There is a base model. It’s called the SE. I presume you meant a classic edition.
What leads you to believe the game won’t have staying power in the home environment?

Ya, classic model. It was easy and a bit shallow. But the other posts reminding me of the Lyman code updates would indeed make me give it another chance if I got to play before buying.

#4638 2 years ago
Quoted from ABT12:

Don't buy Chinese made unless you absolutely have to. There are many American craftsmen and craftswomen who can do better and many times at less cost. Please support our economy. Rant over; thank you.

Post a link! Unfortunately, the vendors in my area wanted over $1k for a small custom neon sign.

#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Post a link! Unfortunately, the vendors in my area wanted over $1k for a small custom neon sign.

I have the same issue with my local sign shop. There was an old timer that retired and closed his business over a decade ago that was very reasonable, but now I can not find a place that is reasonable.

I wish CGC would update the distributors with a ship date if not wanting to post here anymore.

#4640 2 years ago

So little info from CGC, makes me a sad panda.

#4641 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

So little info from CGC, makes me a sad panda.

Seriously. If you say games will ship in 2021 and miss the mark, at least give an update. The complete silence is a little worrisome.

#4642 2 years ago

Happy ... 2022

#4643 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Seriously. If you say games will ship in 2021 and miss the mark, at least give an update. The complete silence is a little worrisome.

You must be new around here ....

#4644 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I wish CGC would update the distributors with a ship date if not wanting to post here anymore.

In fairness, it’s probably not reasonable to expect them to update us during the holidays.

#4646 2 years ago

Games will be shipped by the end of the year!

#4647 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Games will be shipped by the end of the year!

If we are lucky.

#4648 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

If we are lucky.

Lol.

I can absolutely guarantee that games will be sent out before the end of the year!

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Quoted from golfingdad1:

You must be new around here ....

Or hasn’t bought a CGC game before lol. I received my MMrRE 5-6 months later than they had announced. And no updates either lol.

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:Seriously. If you say games will ship in 2021 and miss the mark, at least give an update. The complete silence is a little worrisome.

Even during "normal" times CGC was always 8-12 weeks behind schedule...god only knows where they are with this game? The good news is by the time they ship the LE's the Lyman code will probably be complete

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.