(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 2 years ago

If the ccr le ships with what mmr Royal did, expect the new price for those to be 10,500

4 weeks later
#463 2 years ago

ugh....I'm so bad at making decisions but I think I'm gonna join the CCr train

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

confirmed .... bad decision !

! it will look good next to MMr and maybe a MBr if I go that route too.....

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Latest is 1-3 months before release. Does that mean ready in box or basic info about the game features?

It could be classic and se's ship sooner and only LE's are months?

#476 2 years ago

What you read above is all the info. Nothing specific.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000:

Not according to the email I received. Looks like LEs go first and it’s 2-3 months which is their best guess.

I didn't see anything about LE's being first, may of missed that.

#508 2 years ago

Where did CGC/PPS say there will NOT be a classic? I have not heard that and even pinballnews reported there would be 3; The Classic, special edition and LE.

#531 2 years ago

In the presentation they stated they would have updated code and toys

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

always joking about 2022 .... however the silence is deafening

Ughhhhh, so excited. However a week ago they said 2-3 months for le’s. I was hoping the classic and SE would be announced shortly so we could at least see the game!

#589 2 years ago

msrp
AFMr LE - $7999
AFMr SE - $7299
MMr LE - $7995
MMr standard - $7995
(above confirmed ipdb)
AFMr CE - $5999
MBr CE - $5999
MBr LE - $7999
AFM LE - $7999
(found these prices from an distributor listing)

MMr Royal - iirc $10000?

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hopefully CCr CE will still be reasonably priced.

I hope so. I have plans that’s need to move forward

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

it's godzilla Pro

He (Jack danger) posted yesterday that something is in 2 weeks….

#707 2 years ago

Well if you see the market, many buy new games just to flip. There are a handful that want the game for playing but, we all know how it goes. I remember when MMr was announced, it sold out. I bought a spot from someone who had 2, then when the game shipped, there were handfuls available to buy just by asking a distrib. Once money is due, some will back out etc. I hope this means they'll price it relative to their structure and not the market. I'd love to keep getting cgc games... actually looking for a MBr le while I wait for CCr....

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

CGC hasn’t said how many LEs there will be so no distributor other than PP knows how many they will get.

This ^

We know nothing but get on lists if you’re interested!

When is “expo”?

#750 2 years ago

Lyman left stern a while ago.... I bet they've been working on it a while now.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just seems you can never go wrong betting on delays when talkin pinball !

hahhaha, no joke

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Paid $8300 (with shipping) for my AFMr LE and sold it for $8150 nine months later. Thinking I could’ve got quite a bit more. Oh well, I don’t buy them for an investment (but it doesn’t hurt )

Yup, this is how I have to keep thinking. If I bought my pins as an investment.....they wouldn't be fun.

1 week later
#821 2 years ago

Thought it was 6?

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

CGC is on Friday.
[quoted image]

Oh. Uhhhh so far away

1 week later
#961 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

It was my first time going to the expo this year. I’m surprised CGC only had 3 machines compared to like 20 sterns. Im hoping there will be like 5 CC under a blanket today ready for a reveal and play.

Which games do they have?
Is there a lot of room left in their booth?

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Will they be live streaming the Chicago Gaming update?

Seems like it may be on the twitch stream of pinball expo

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Not gunna lie, surprised there isn't a bunch of people over there talking his ear off with questions LOL

I think that area is closed until 4pm so pics are kind of a leak

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

$8000 and $9250...
how does that compare to AFM, MM, and MB pricing?

I posted pricing in a different thread, it’s higher and more in line with mmr

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Is their pricing? I got an email from Sara, It really said nothing. Said game revealed in Chicago and I was on the list, already knew everything on the email. Didn't tell any pricing.

Pricing was announced at the talking event wirh cgc. It’s posted prior in this thread
9250 le and 8000 se

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Just a quick question. Does the remake contain the cactus canyon continued in it?

No. Continued was a fan made software and they did not work a deal out with Eric and licensure

#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They did work out a deal with me; but how much of what I did they choose to use isn’t up to me.

:-O

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Unlikely. Neither MBr nor AFMr have had a Royal. I think MMr was the exception because the original release had no topper nor widescreen. The Royal was released at the same time as the topper and widescreen and really just but bought MMr up to the same standard as Afmr LE and MBr LE.
But who knows…..these days anything’s possible.

This I agree is the reason. MMr came with none of the enhancements. The LE was just a straight remake w/ color dmd. So a Royal made sense, along with the kits.

WHile I LOVE the cgc toppers and want one for my MBr SE, it would be nice if the "LE" toppers were exclusive and a different topper were available for the non LE's. Like interactive vs non interactive.

#1851 2 years ago

as JFH stated before, people will cancel orders when full payments are due as well. MMr sold out in seconds and by the time they were shipping they had stock waiting to be paid for. Lots of people get in but then never poney up the cash when it is time. Now I'm not saying half the units will be available, but if there is a waiting list get on it.

#1865 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Genuine question here. Were the deposits on previous CGC titles refundable or did that depend on which distributor you ordered from? I'm asking because on CCr, most distributors I'm seeing are requiring a $500 deposit NON refundable. That could potentially cut down on people bailing out.

I honestly don't remember. Well since it is a distro they could apply your 500 deposit to a different game, I know a lot do that, but yes it tries to cut down on flakes, but it always happens. Or we'll just get the flippers.

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Can you explain why there is a “limited” edition? Why not just produce a loaded model and a stripped down version?
I know that’s been the norm in the past, but it seems odd to a newbie that awesome features like an interactive topper are only available to a few lucky buyers.

FOMO sells games. If it was "endless" there is no FOMO.

Quoted from metallik:

Yep, can't change that now.
Sell the topper as an upgrade, let the LE owners have the wooden apron exclusive, and next time use the 24 hour order window idea, or make 5k LEs like JJP

I hope it isn't the same topper... If they decide to sell the same topper I would be willing to drop to a SE, the apron and railroad isn't enough to warrant the LE then.

#2010 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

What if the topper was $1K?

I mean, I'd save money......

#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

FOMO is just a highly over used word. Pushed by flippers, those that are in the lock for getting an LE and those that got lucky to get one in hopes to keep there games value higher then what they paid. Sure there are probably a few people buying because of that but I would guess for every FOMO sale there are a dozen other people wanting one just to get that version of the game.

Eh, there will be people who knew jerk to buy, then won’t pony up when full payment is due, people that want the game and people that want to flip. Always will be. I however want the game and the topper is what I wanted….

#2054 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'd like to hear some info straight from CGC regarding this possible future release of extra new improved code for a fee. I'm not a fan of that idea. We're already paying near 10k for the machine. Code updates should be gratis.

This isn’t just an “update”. Also true to their word, the game ships with completed code. If Lyman and others create a whole new game and use CCC, why should they not be paid for their work? As a owner of CCr you don’t have to buy the other code, it is true to its CC already. I don’t mind paying for a kit that adds a new game

#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Can I “downgrade” an SE to the classic display/panel? Hate the look of the wide display

Yes you can/could. Well you could on MBr, afmr and mmr.

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Seriously is this game even good? Or just rare and unfinished?

It’s fun on my iPad via TPA. With the code complete on stock ccr I’ll be happy as I’ll rarely get to the end

#2123 2 years ago

I would think they feel most LE's will be in peoples game rooms barely getting play, so doubling the warranty for collectors is a nice bump. On route games should show issues faster.

I know my HOU metallica had pf had paint flaking off 2 yrs in with 250 plays....it got replaced but probably because of the distro and known issue.. So I can totally see them covering LE's long since they'll most likely have low plays.

#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Wow, thats awesome!

well stranger things at launch was a turd...same with metallica

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yes, should be fine.
Keep the wallet handy for options that may roll out over the next few months too.
Good luck!

I have some old WMS wpc mirror blades I was going to put into MMr...but then "I thought" I heard there was a slight difference in the CGC mirror blades? I haven't test fitted them yet... Maybe I should....

#2240 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Agreed. You can’t list that as an LE exclusive feature and then flip flop on that.

I’d be okay with this ONLY if they then remade toppers for MBr and afmr for sale.

1 week later
#3807 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Its sad to see how Mike at Automated sells his games over retail.He has some AFM that retailed at 3k less and stern LE games over retail and the list gos on.I get it that the venders make less on the games over flippers and I suppose the venders feel thay should be able to sell at what the market will bring,but I cant buy from him because it rubs me the wrong way.That said,I put my name on a list 2 months before the offical relase and my favorite vender dident have a LE for me either and that tells me im not one of their pefferd custumers so Ill be shoping elsewhere also.
Attack from Mars Classic Edition
NIB-Original Steel Trim
Price: $10,995 + Shipping
MONSTER BASH REMAKE
CLASSIC EDITION
$8,500 + Shipping

He just keeps nib inventory so long that when there are none left, and prices are up his insane prices for nib are okay

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder what code Lyman has in store for us? Will it be a complete ground up re-do or just an enhancement on the original? Hoping for a complete re-do.
Will it be like a recent Stern Lyman depth or like Mb/AFM/mm BW Lyman depth?

With eric saying they made a deal to use CCC, I bet he may use some or all of that. Or as inspiration.

#4008 2 years ago

it is the middle of November, aren't the SE's suppose to ship soon?!

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I thought in the announcement at Expo Ryan said the SE will start to ship middle to late November… I could have that wrong but I’m almost sure someone from CGC said that recently.

Soooo two weeks! Nice!

2 weeks later
#4259 2 years ago

My question is, is this mirrored BG exclusive to CCR buyers? Will it be available to buy later from CGC/PPS/CPR? is this different than one CPR will/did sell? Is it limited?

#4262 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Dont understand very well... Does i have to Ask to my CGC distro to get that mirrored backglass with my CC LE preorder?

yes. It is a separate purchase through your distributor.

#4286 2 years ago

Yes, all the “rgb” can be turned to a single color, ie. Warm white, for anyone that wants the original “90’s” feel

#4302 2 years ago

Well couldn't find out if the mirrored BG was exclusive...so I jumped on the list.... if it looks amazing I will then get them for the other cgc's....kind of thinking they will look awesome......mmmm and I think they'll even look better when off!

#4306 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC is always just a "couple" weeks behind that typically extends out to 8-12 weeks....the good news is games will eventually ship, but if history means anything than it will be quite a while.

wonder if the new P3/MM game will ship before this hahahah

1 week later
#4401 2 years ago

Yeah my MMr has Williams and my MBr has the monsters heads where the logo goes

1 week later
#4593 2 years ago

Next stern probably releases at ces abouts. So first week of Jan.

#4615 2 years ago

Yup, I use the keyless on my games too. Makes it waaaaay faster and easier to crack open games. Downside….. children find them easy to open too

2 months later
#5895 2 years ago

Hmm… all my 3 remakes I can hear the call outs perfect with the stock speakers.

Yeah, stock speakers on the XL displays are the Pyle kind and I can hear but maybe it gets even better? They look like two way wirh a. Mid cone and tweeter :shrug:

#5901 2 years ago

Ah here it is

IMG_4449 (resized).jpgIMG_4449 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#6351 1 year ago

I freaking forgot to order the mirrored BG day 1 but just ordered...yay! Cannot wait to see it. If it looks good I'll probably do mb and mm

2 months later
#6366 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I think the se+ is more than the LE if you added the mirrored backglass option that came out after..

LE owners had to buy the mirrored BG as well......

#6369 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well, we didn't have to,,,, but I did

hahha. me too :-p

Quoted from Zukram:

Hah, didnt realize that! But I guess then if you also added the shaker motor, then SE+ plus shaker is more..

HA, wish I didnt have to!

4 weeks later
#6378 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would get a new distributor if he/she actually sent u a final invoice last November. You should have only had to pay the deposit. The only people who have heard from their distributors are the few that have been invoiced for their LE....CGC is know for making quality games, but is also known for massive delays with zero communication.

Yeah, the last time a distro asked for full payment before games shipped it was a bad time. This is taking a while, but at least we can trust cgc will ship sometime. Just lets me save up for more pinball stuff

1 month later
#6491 1 year ago

Man would it be EPIC if cgc put the saloon doors on the LE model , making it a true LE. No complaining on timing for me, I have too much crap to do anywho.

#6497 1 year ago

I don’t think they would do that. I assume they would want to make whatever it is avail to both SE and LE/SE+ buyers.
But you never know!
Richard

ehhhhh everyone complained the le wasn't le enough...... maybe it is just installed in the le but a kit for others :shrug:

#6501 1 year ago

SHHHHHH no way

1 month later
#6555 1 year ago

ohhhh!!!

4 months later
#6606 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:Consensus on the mirrored backglass? Anyone received it and have a Yay or Nay vote as to whether I should order one or not?

I have mine in... eh. It is neat I guess but not super noticeable? When I look for it I notice the mirror but for the price, meh. However if I do all my other cgc games in mirror BG's, then maybe I could say 100% worth it as it would match.

#6611 11 months ago

I really bought the mirrored BG because it was limited to LE owners and thought it would be best if I ever sold it.

#6618 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

It is not limited to LE owners. It is limited to one per owner of any model.

I must of miss read. When I read the initial email it seemed like it was limited to le owners, but maybe I had assumed only le owners were on that email and it is any CCR owner

1 month later
#6623 10 months ago
Quoted from sepins:

Got My LE but haven't unboxed it yet.
Bought on assumption Lyman code was coming.
Did this turn out to be a rumor???

Lol, gonna be a while. Confirmed coming.

#6635 10 months ago

Remake can go to 90’s original code, been meaning to try it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.