(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 133.
#4751 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Coming from a mgf company. I would not give an update in a forum. Part of the problem is that you're told two more weeks before they can get some needed parts (or whatever is the date was)from one vendor. You share that info or give an updated schedule based on that. Now they come back and say the two weeks is more like three to five weeks, now you have egg on your face. Now whatever you say to the group some will not believe you. Damn if you do damn if you don't. Best way to get an answer is go direct to Doug or Ryan. I not saying you'll get anything but I think you will have a better chance. Likely the answer would be something like, We're waiting on parts, vendors not making promised dates. Can't give good updated schedule at this time. Please know we're doing everything we can to give the best product to our customers.

Can we at Least agree or assume CGC wants to ship games ($$$$$$$$$$) more then we want them to ship. lol

#4752 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

No, I’m not missing the point. YOU FEEL like your ENTITLED to information because YOU FEEL like they owe you something more then the product when it’s ready.
YOUR NOT. NO ONE HERE IS unless your an investor in CGC.
Are you fully understanding my point? Take your entitlement and settle down. Leave the manufacturer and your distributor alone and wait for the announcement that games are shipping.
If you read everything I posted about delays instead of what you wanted to, you would have gotten to the point about finding a problem that needed to be fixed. Understand that is pure speculation but if that’s happened, then the delays in shipment from chime would definitely come into play and be COMPLETELY beyond CGCs control.

I disagree with you.

There is more to a sale than a product exchanging hands, and it is common courtesy to inform someone when you make a change to a plan that effects someone.

When you order something off of Amazon, and they push back the date, they let you know that the date was pushed back. This is standard practice, if something someone is expecting is delayed, inform them.

As an extreme example. If you hire a company to plow your driveway and set the time for Monday, and their plow broke down so they won't be able to do it until another day, should they update the customer? According to the logic you presented, as the customer, all you are paying for is a driveway plow service and if that date gets pushed, it's not up to the service provider to let the customer know.

If you are selling a good or a service, you can't know how that delay will affect your customer. They're tying up a decent chunk of change for people who need to keep things set aside for this and you also can't know how a time delay could affect someone. Which is why they SHOULD let people know.

Nobody here is blaming CGC for the delays. We all know they want to get the games off the line as much as we do. However, they should let people know if things are going to take longer than initially presented.

In my opinion all they should say is something along the lines of:

"Hey, we know you're all very excited to get your hands on your games, unfortunately, a part we were expecting to have and need to complete the games has been delayed. We're working through this limitation and are still building what we can in the meantime. We will no longer be able to hit our expected date and will give you a new date when we have more information. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your support."

I'm not saying that they should provide specifics to the delay. Just a 5-minute typed up message acknowledging that a delay has occurred would go a long way as a courtesy.

#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I disagree with you.
There is more to a sale than a product exchanging hands, and it is common courtesy to inform someone when you make a change to a plan that effects someone.
When you order something off of Amazon, and they push back the date, they let you know that the date was pushed back. This is standard practice, if something you're expecting is delayed, they update you.
As an extreme example. If you hire a company to plow your driveway and set the time for Monday, and their plow broke down so they won't be able to do it until another day, should they update the customer? According to the logic you presented, as the customer, all you are paying for is a driveway plow service and if that date gets pushed, it's not up to the service provider to let the customer know.
If you are selling a good or a service, you can't know how that delay will affect your customer. They're tying up a decent chunk of change for people who need to keep things set aside for this and you also can't know how a time delay could affect someone. Which is why they SHOULD let people know.
Nobody here is blaming CGC for the delays. We all know they want to get the games off the line as much as we do. However, they should let people know who if things are going to take longer than initially presented.
In my opinion all they should say is something along the lines of:
"Hey, we know you're all very excited to get your hands on your games, unfortunately, a part we were expecting to have and need to complete the games has been delayed. We're working through this limitation and are still building what we can in the meantime. We will no longer be able to hit our expected date and will give you a new date when we have more information. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your support."
I'm not saying that they should provide specifics to the delay. Just that a 5-minute typed up message acknowledging that a delay has occurred would go a long way as a courtesy.

Bingo. No soap boxes or anger, we literally just want some sort of communication on the status of the pin.

#4754 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Coming from a mgf company. I would not give an update in a forum. Part of the problem is that you're told two more weeks before they can get some needed parts (or whatever is the date was)from one vendor. You share that info or give an updated schedule based on that. Now they come back and say the two weeks is more like three to five weeks, now you have egg on your face. Now whatever you say to the group some will not believe you. Damn if you do damn if you don't. Best way to get an answer is go direct to Doug or Ryan. I not saying you'll get anything but I think you will have a better chance. Likely the answer would be something like, We're waiting on parts, vendors not making promised dates. Can't give good updated schedule at this time. Please know we're doing everything we can to give the best product to our customers.

One issue I see is they already gave an update for shipments to start in November 2021...

#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'll bet if we All call #LTG he will tell us!

I can tell you I spoke with Ryan a couple days ago.

About something else.

I didn't ask about CCR or my game for tech support.

I did mention my old internet phone has been replaced with a Google phone. So phones to reach me are back up to four.

LTG : )

#4756 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

No, I’m not missing the point. YOU FEEL like your ENTITLED to information because YOU FEEL like they owe you something more then the product when it’s ready.
Are you fully understanding my point? Take your entitlement and settle down.

Jeez - did someone piss in your Wheaties this morning?

No one here is entitled or acting entitled. No one wants to litigate why there is a delay or get into a back and forth about every little detail.

A status update is just that. A simple courtesy to customers.

And besides - this is a hype thread. Capitalize on our excitement.

#4757 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I did mention my old internet phone has been replaced with a Google phone. So phones to reach me are back up to four.

So that’s why you are so incredible- there are actually four of you …

#4758 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No one here is entitled or acting entitled. No one wants to litigate why there is a delay or get into a back and forth about every little detail.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6e88de87f89f96b480fa00761b0df2462b185219-1641499879-1800"};
//]]>

Yeah, but carguments were bad enough. Now we have to listen to milkuments?

#4759 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Bingo. No soap boxes or anger, we literally just want some sort of communication on the status of the pin.

Quoted from jfh:

You don't need Doug_Duba for an update.

We all know the update they *would* tell us: "Sorry guys we are having a supply chain issue. Games are still being built as much as possible until we get "the part". We don't have an estimate unfortunately given the shipping backlog at our ports of entry. As soon as we get the part we will let everyone know that their games are shipping soon."

And we'd be back to square one with not knowing when we get our games and many pinsiders would be bitching on how CGC should have planned better and/or clamoring for more details because it's a lot of money they will be spending and they HAVE TO KNOW!

#4760 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

We all know the update they *would* tell us: "Sorry guys we are having a supply chain issue. Games are still being built as much as possible until we get "the part". We don't have an estimate unfortunately given the shipping backlog at our ports of entry. As soon as we get the part we will let everyone know that their games are shipping soon."
And we'd be back to square one with not knowing when we get our games and many pinsiders would be bitching on how CGC should have planned better and/or clamoring for more details because it's a lot of money they will be spending and they HAVE TO KNOW!

It’s pretty obvious you have missed the point.
1477250B-80DC-4256-8CDE-6721E0864D38 (resized).png1477250B-80DC-4256-8CDE-6721E0864D38 (resized).png

#4761 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s pretty obvious you have missed the point.

Let's agree to disagree. Go to the MMr thread from Oct 2019 until June 2020. Same complaints and redundant whining about CGC being late and silent and folks wanting updates. When they did get an update from CGC it made things even worse with more whining and questions and dumb-ass suggestions.

Those of us who actually have bought a NIB CGC game previously have seen this before. It didn't ruin our lives. We eventually all got our games and life goes on. I get the excitement. An update to say "we don't know when they will ship" is pointless. We already know that.

#4762 2 years ago

Wow, woke up this morning to see the thread ablaze with 40+ new postings, only to find it full of opinion and speculation. Seriously, find something else to do with your time! Enjoy playing another game, work on a project, talk to a loved one or a friend.

#4763 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

We wouldn’t be back to square one. We would then know that it was a supply chain issue. That would be great to get a communication like you posted.

Just because some customers want an update doesn’t mean they are cry babies who have never bought a pin before.

#4764 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Those of us who actually have bought a NIB CGC game previously have seen this before. It didn't ruin our lives. We eventually all got our games and life goes on. I get the excitement. An update to say "we don't know when they will ship" is pointless. We already know that.

No one is claiming it’s ruining their lives.

#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Let's agree to disagree.

Those of us who actually have bought a NIB CGC game previously have seen this before. It didn't ruin our lives. We eventually all got our games and life goes on.

I’ve been around for a long time and have read all the CGC threads. Not all of us are clueless. I guess I’ll agree to disagree.

But that begs the question - if you don’t want any updates until you get your game, why are you bothering with this thread? Just hang out in the owners thread and post your unboxing pics there in a few months

#4766 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

because YOU FEEL like they owe you something more then the product when it’s ready.

He never said any such thing. You just made it up.

Maybe you really don't understand his point.

#4767 2 years ago

Maybe I shouldn’t have started the Pineapple joke….but in the mean time;
3030DB5A-B21B-4C18-8DA1-65DBF3389DCF (resized).jpeg3030DB5A-B21B-4C18-8DA1-65DBF3389DCF (resized).jpeg

#4768 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

He never said any such thing. You just made it up.
Maybe you really don't understand his point.

Nope. Pretty sure the exact word used was “feel” not we are owed because I have paid in full or am part owner on the company.

Loose the feel.

#4769 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Let's agree to disagree. Go to the MMr thread from Oct 2019 until June 2020. Same complaints and redundant whining about CGC being late and silent and folks wanting updates. When they did get an update from CGC it made things even worse with more whining and questions and dumb-ass suggestions.

Well I've seen this movie three times so I'm pretty well versed in CGC timelines. The difference being the last three times there weren't supply chain issues yet they were still months (many) behind schedule. It would be nice to get an update from CGC or the distribution network on whats really going on. We can all speculate, but it's always nice to hear from them directly so we're not making up stuff. The reality is if its 6-12 months I might decide to forego my spot and allocate the funds to another game or simply get another game while I'm waiting? When you take hard cash to secure a spot than communication is expected (at least for me).

#4770 2 years ago

They should give an update.

I'm wanting a new pin NOW. I'm sure most cannot afford multiple pins at a time. For me, if there was some communication or estimated date I would feel comfortable committing to a purchase. Without that though, I'll keep looking for something else.

And really don't understand the flaming against people wanting an update. Whatever happened to people being defensive with their money or expecting some minimal courtesy from a company as a customer?

Its like going to a restaurant and waiting 45 minutes for your refill... "Ooh don't say anything, I want to make sure the waiter gets it right". Like please.

#4771 2 years ago

Me Duba please come on here, or allow someone in the company to give us a brief update. You posted 15 times with updates 2 months ago during the fumbling of the initial launch.

#4772 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Are you fully understanding my point? Take your entitlement and settle down. Leave the manufacturer and your distributor alone and wait for the announcement that games are shipping.
If you read everything I posted about delays instead of what you wanted to, you would have gotten to the point about finding a problem that needed to be fixed. Understand that is pure speculation but if that’s happened, then the delays in shipment from chime would definitely come into play and be COMPLETELY beyond CGCs control.

The phrase, "No, you're not wrong, but you're an asshole." Comes to mind with this post! In this case you're both wrong AND an asshole but same point. No offense!

----

People that keep saying just chill and it'll come when it comes sure are lucky. I'm both space and budget limited, so for something to come in, something else usually has to go. It'd be nice to know if games were shipping this month or if it was for sure gonna be several more months. Helps with planning and budgeting. Nothing "entitled" about wanting to plan out expensive purchases or pinball machine moves.

#4773 2 years ago

Well things have gotten a little off track here! Let’s see if we can get back on topic.. F7836B79-9274-4A82-B106-A8F3E036E892 (resized).pngF7836B79-9274-4A82-B106-A8F3E036E892 (resized).png

13BA3E42-249B-4F03-B87F-DBCDBBDD2CAE (resized).jpeg13BA3E42-249B-4F03-B87F-DBCDBBDD2CAE (resized).jpeg
#4774 2 years ago

My hope is for zero update and games shipped without toppers. Then an update that toppers are coming soon. Nothing more.

#4775 2 years ago

Any delays in production just gets me closer to the new Lyman code. Im in no hurry at all.

This game is gonna be EPIC!

If you want in, get an SE+ while you can...

#4776 2 years ago
055E7812-EF0D-4418-AEAF-C2DA8BBD51D4 (resized).jpeg055E7812-EF0D-4418-AEAF-C2DA8BBD51D4 (resized).jpeg
#4777 2 years ago

I understand the impatience and frustration, so I have a solution: If you are receiving an LE, you are going to have to wait even longer for your CCr than for other versions. I on the other hand am on the fast track for the highly desirable, spectacular SE. As we all know, that version will ship first. But, to alleviate your concerns, if any of you LE guys want to swap games, I am here, purely as a friend and in the interest of your health, in the interest of your happiness and to lower your blood pressure, to trade you my SE spot for your sure-to-be delivered in 2023 LE game so you can get your game sooner. I know, I know, my generosity is shocking, but I must make this a first-come offer as only one of you can be accommodated.

#4778 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My hope is for zero update and games shipped without toppers. Then an update that toppers are coming soon. Nothing more.

I could actually see this happening, which wouldn't be the end of the world

#4779 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Ok and if there is a problem “with the milk”? Then at best you have thousands of people wanting to know if there milk is ok? Was the milk thrown away? Did they just run out of milk? Why can’t they just get more milk? Etc. Meanwhile if we just all settle down a bit and understand what’s going on in the world right now, not just what is in our personal lives, everything will be better. They missed a date, don’t press them for another date because that’s what we are talking about. SOME PEOPLE want another date so they can crawl up on their soap box and loose their minds. Just let them make the game and be happy when it gets here. It’s worth the wait

I hate it when they run out of milk.

#4780 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well I've seen this movie three times so I'm pretty well versed in CGC timelines.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I could actually see this happening, which wouldn't be the end of the world

Short memory then? This exact thing happened with the Royal Edition. Topper parts were missing. CGC would not ship the games incomplete.

#4781 2 years ago

I welcome the delay, I didn’t have the full amount saved when I put my deposit down anyway.

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Short memory then? This exact thing happened with the Royal Edition. Topper parts were missing. CGC would not ship the games incomplete.

Not really as I don't have the Royal...It's a trade off between getting games out the door, and getting paid versus a little more work along with paying a little more for shipping....time will tell

#4783 2 years ago

The longer that clear coat can cure the better IMO. Cause once it's in my room I'm turning that sucker on. CGC, take your time.

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

The longer that clear coat can cure the better IMO. Cause once it's in my room I'm turning that sucker on.

WORD!

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

The longer that clear coat can cure the better IMO. Cause once it's in my room I'm turning that sucker on. CGC, take your time.

Same here. I play my games. They are not ornaments or bragging objects.

#4786 2 years ago

Personnaly its not a problem to wait, i prefer they take Time to have a them as good as they have to be!

#4787 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

The phrase, "No, you're not wrong, but you're an asshole." Comes to mind with this post! In this case you're both wrong AND an asshole but same point. No offense!
----
People that keep saying just chill and it'll come when it comes sure are lucky. I'm both space and budget limited, so for something to come in, something else usually has to go. It'd be nice to know if games were shipping this month or if it was for sure gonna be several more months. Helps with planning and budgeting. Nothing "entitled" about wanting to plan out expensive purchases or pinball machine moves.

Fair enough and probably true. I’ll try and sugar coat it a bit next time

#4788 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I hate it when they run out of milk.

Especially if your late and you watch the last chocolate milk go. I hate that!

#4789 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Especially if your late and you watch the last chocolate milk go. I hate that!

Alright champ. Please tell us how entitled we are today. Start your weekend strong.

#4790 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Alright champ. Please tell us how entitled we are today. Start your weekend strong.

Huh? Nothing for you here son. Go keyboard commando someone else.

Good enough start for YOUR weekend. See how I’m not using inclusive language to make my opinion or statements seem more weighted. I’m not telling “US” anything. I’m pointing out the assumptions stated are under false pretenses and therefore a false statement. Now I’m telling you specifically I’m not the one. Ok pumpkin?

#4791 2 years ago

I’m excited to see the new OS on CCr and I would assume when they run MMr again it will be on the new system as well. I can’t remember from the presentation but did they say the new system is no longer emulation of the code?

#4792 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m excited to see the new OS on CCr and I would assume when they run MMr again it will be on the new systemas well. I can’t remember from the presentation but did they say the new system is no longer emulation of the code?

I thought they said the new run of MMR wouldn't be on the new system?

#4793 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m excited to see the new OS on CCr and I would assume when they run MMr again it will be on the new system as well. I can’t remember from the presentation but did they say the new system is no longer emulation of the code?

I can’t remember if it was said explicitly but they aren’t emulating code anymore. This was clearly needed to do the extensions, the Lyman code and rumored future non-remake games.

It would be extremely unlikely that any future runs of previous games would use the new OS because of the work/time required to port the code.

#4794 2 years ago

I don’t know about the code, but I have an original MMr from the first run and the board set has been upgraded on the royal editions. I had to do a service call on a royal edition before Christmas and it had the solenoid board in the backbox like MBr so the royals have been upgraded.

#4795 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Go keyboard commando someone else.

Look who is talking

#4796 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

an original MMr

An original remake of an original. Head explodes.

#4797 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Look who is talking

Go lay down by your dish. Men are talking

#4798 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

An original remake of an original. Head explodes.

Yeah. Wasn’t really finding a good way to say it. First run MMr?

#4799 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Go lay down by your dish. Men are talking

LOL, zero self awareness.

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I don’t know about the code, but I have an original MMr from the first run and the board set has been upgraded on the royal editions. I had to do a service call on a royal edition before Christmas and it had the solenoid board in the backbox like MBr so the royals have been upgraded.

Interesting!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 210.00
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

7,000 (Firm)
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.