(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richard-nba-sf2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 2 years ago

Looking forward to this!

#79 2 years ago

I read they plan to make 2 pinballs per year!?
That would be cool to see.

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I’m a MMR owner who’s been thrilled with my machine since the day it arrived. I have limited space and will not be adding CCr (just like I didn’t add AFMr or MBr when they came out.). But let me assure anybody on the fence about CCr, Chicago Gaming Company is the best pinball company out there. High quality across the board - especially tech support! LTG is the best in the business, and George Bork is fantastic as well.

I agree on the fact that LTG and George are great. I had a few problems with my NIB afmr and Lloyd was always there to help as well as George.
George has answered my tickets via the CGC website and has called me several times.
Lloyd has always reached out quickly to help as well!

My collection only includes 3 games so far (all CGC) and may have room for 3 more and I’m almost certain the only games I’ll add are CGC.

Richard

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I just read about the original plans for the saloon doors in front of Bart. I really hope they do that...it would add a nice dimension to the game, as well as perfect theme integration.

Yes it would be great. What article did you read?
Thanks!

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

[quoted image]

Nice! Any more pics from this time frame?

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I heard the drop Targets were illuminated pre production?

That would be cool as well.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Any thoughts On how the interactive topper could be incorporated into gameplay?

Maybe use the flipper buttons somehow to shoot Bart with a gun mounted up there and the topper moves? And for games with no topper you do this on the DMD?

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There was more buzz on MBr before the reveal... CCr is a desired title due to rarity not gameplay, MB had gameplay, AFM had gameplay, and MM is, well MM. I know a lot of player friends that rate the first three remakes as classics, but not a lot think the same about CC.

Hmm, I wonder if BBBr would be more popular than CCr? Both seem good to me!

1 month later
#548 2 years ago
04811271-0C40-4D58-BC56-0DE46C0E75C5 (resized).jpeg04811271-0C40-4D58-BC56-0DE46C0E75C5 (resized).jpeg
#619 2 years ago

Cool!

Yes, I was also wondering if he has started the code. I assume yes as Ryan said “it has new code, and it’s fun”. I think he said that anyway.

I wonder if Lyman will also be update the code to other remakes? Or just CCr as it was not complete.

It is possible for him to update code on the first 3 remakes? I know it has the old system.

Thanks!
Richard

1 week later
#785 2 years ago

I'm really hoping 2 pins are announced & the other 5 games that are in the works, that would be mind blowing !

That would be great!

1 week later
#838 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't known at the time the website went up if it could be shown or not.
A couple years ago at Expo it was Thursday afternoon when they finally got the approval to show it so they quick hauled the games over to Expo.
We'll find out soon enough if it's there or not. Either way Ryan will have a lot to say.
LTG : )

Looking forward to that!

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I don't have to wait, sorry. Very happy with my original that I purchased from the original owner with only 70 plays on it. It still has the new smell when you lift the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

3 more days...
I really think this is finally coming, and we will be able to order soon!

That would be cool!

#897 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

3pm Friday. I hope someone posts the highlights.

Looking forward to the highlights as well!! Would love a video clip of Ryan’s presentation like last time.

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:In route to Expo now. Only reason I'm coming this year is to get in on and see CC. Really hoping we're not disappointed

Have a great time! Let us know what you see!

#932 2 years ago

Haha. Yes! Friday!

#958 2 years ago

Ryan talks at 3pm!

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Hopefully they are passing the savings on by keeping costs low

Will the talk be on live feed?

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From the Expo thread. Thanks to cavalier88z24
[quoted image]

cool!

#1494 2 years ago

I have all 3 remakes. That’s my entire collection.
I love the look of the CCR.
I wish I knew what remakes were coming next as I have only room for about 5-6 pins total.
I have never played CC but my gut tells me I would love it!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1798 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I mean my interest in the LE is purely because of him. If it ends up being as great as he has proven he's capable of, I'll want the best version of the game because liekly it will be here for a while. But if I miss out, no loss - ill just wait until the code package is done an order an SE then. If he wasnt involved I wouldnt buy either.

I wonder how long until The SE sells out?

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Does anyone know if art blades designed for the original cactus canyon will fit properly inside the remake? Are the cabinets made to the exact same dimensions? I ask because Tilt Graphics has some I like better than the LE version.

Yes I believe so. The mirror blades I bought for my 3 remakes also said they fit the older Bally / Williams games as well.

#2204 2 years ago

Just put my deposit down on a SE!
Pumped!

#2230 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Le don't even start till jan 2022 so it will be a bit.

Right. Did they say SEs will ship in November?
Tried to find in the thread but can not seem to yet.

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Honestly, I'm super pumped for this title either way and if some of the entertaining aspects from Continued get laced in with the new code down the road (ahem... drunken multibale.... ahem.... frank'n'beans....) it's going to be a lifelong hit.

Ohh yeah! Same here! Really looking forward to the new code to see what they do with CCC, mixed with their ideas etc… sure to be a hit!
In the meantime I bet I will really enjoy the current enhanced code!

#2402 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Cactus Canyon Remake in the Wild West of Nevada - Playfield 76 150 N Arlington Ave, Reno, NV
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!!!

#2569 2 years ago

Sorry guys! What is happening on the topper that is interactive is also happing on the playfield as well somehow correct?
Thanks!!

#2586 2 years ago

From the roughly hour long video of gameplay I saw on YouTube from Cary Hardy, it appears that way. Yes. It looks to me like when the player enters shoot out mode, that's when the topper activates. On the playfield, your ball is trapped by either the left or right flipper, some animations occur on the DMD, one of four targets on the playfield pop up representing the bad guy you shoot for. The player then has a few seconds to hit the target. While that is happening below, the guy on the topper moves a little, then raises his gun like he's aiming. If the player hits the drop target, the topper guy shakes a bit like he got shot. That's all that was apparent. I never saw the windows light up or anything like that even though it's obvious they will do something eventually. Perhaps the topper at expo wasn't 100% functional?

Ok!
So on the playfield you are shooting the drop target in this mode? I just am not seeing on what we are missing out on with the topper to much.
Pumped for my SE!

#2767 2 years ago

I'm in for an SE. If CGC does sell the topper separately, I'm not interested anyway. It's a mini game that highlights a bad guy and you press the flipper buttons to shoot. Ummmmm, that's what everyone is in an uproar about? Where are the usual comments about flow and breaking up gameplay? I've not played the mini game obviously, but it certainly seems like a huge break in gameplay that would get old very quickly. I'm more interested in what's going on on the playfield and what Lyman does with the optional new code.

I’m really looking forward to checking out the enhanced code it comes with! I bet that alone will be great! Looking forward to taking delivery!

#2777 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Similar to MM, as far as something you hit to open to access another feature (or bash toy) in a game.

Yes and the AFM force-field.

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Played this for the first time ever at Midwest Gaming Classic yesterday. How'd I do, for not knowing what I was doing?
[quoted image]

Yes! Do tell! What are your thoughts!?

#3223 2 years ago

Wow! That was a lot of reading to catch up on!
Still pumped for my SE to match my other CGC SEs!
No topper, No problem!
Hope everyone is close to happy in the end!
Should be a great pinball experience for us all when we take delivery!

2B596895-FED0-4FB3-9F93-511339A81871 (resized).jpeg2B596895-FED0-4FB3-9F93-511339A81871 (resized).jpeg
#3239 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Aside from the CC debate. Did Expo last week and MGC today. At MGC played over a dozen games on CC and it was Great. CGC should really be proud of this game from fit, finish, display, sound, top to bottom absolutely perfect. Animations were great on the wide color display and flowed perfectly. Very impressed by the refinements they made to the playfield components and lighting over original. Anyone in on this game at Any model will love it. Just plain Fun Pinball. Well done CGC!
[quoted image]

Wow! Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear!

#3375 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Are the rules posted somewhere yet?

Good question. I don’t believe so for the current finished code.

Quoted from pinghetto:

I think I still would have gotten it without the Lyman code coming down the road. I have always loved John's art package on CC and the humor in the game and call outs are awesome. It plays just fine. I'm not a great player and have a decent sized collection, so I don't think it would get old.
I need to put topper gate behind me and just focus on why I got it in the first place.
Happy upcoming Monday with daylight savings everyone!!

I was in before the Lyman code as well (thankful for the finished code) - But I will be buying the Lyman code for sure!

#3451 2 years ago

Maybe a silly question. I wonder if they have any regular SEs ready to ship?
From what I remember they are shipping this month.

#3457 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Special thanks to those of you that have had our back through all of this. Your support helped me get through this.
On Pinside there have been several orders of magnitude more discussion over what we got wrong than what we got right. In contrast, the tone at Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend couldn’t have been more positive.
There has been far more concern over who can have the topper than appreciation of what I feel is our most innovative topper yet. Throughout it’s development, I felt it was borderline ridiculous to put so much effort into a topper.
At launch we stated we were considering selling the topper. It was discussed here early on.
For those of you discounting the value of the additional LE features (LE lower arch, LE medallion, mine cart, train tracks, art blades, shaker motor and longer warranty), we will learn how the free market values those features in the near future.
I’m proud of the work our team did on this project. Lyman is the final piece of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be.
Our pinball division’s mission is to deliver the highest quality games in the industry while providing the best value to people that love pinball.
We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck. I know there are many disappointed customers that fall into this first camp but suspect those weren’t the loudest voices.
We have been remaking great Williams/Bally pinball machines to provide people access to games which had become unaffordable to many.
Manufacturers are testing the waters with games retailing for over $25k and the marketplace has responded by saying more please. In time, this trend will exclude the majority of buyers from the coolest features on future games.
We build a large number of LEs because we want everyone to have access to the features we have developed. The value of our LEs is derived from their additional features more than rarity.
The goal from the beginning has been to provide people access to the best pinball machines. This decision was in line with that goal.
Sales greatly exceeded expectations. Did we price the games too low? I believe we priced the games fairly in a market where many pinball machines have become overpriced.
Did we make mistakes? Absolutely, I can own them and learn from them. We will do better next time. I apologize for the drama this has created.
It’s time for me to return my focus to building games.

Well done! Thanks for everything!

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

SEs will be built until topper parts arrive and then we will build primary LEs, followed by SE+s.

Great! Do some SEs ship this month?

#3599 2 years ago

I heard on TPN (The Pinball Network) that CGC may release another gameplay video this week (I assume professionally shot like there first CCr promo video).
Zach Meny shot the first video and he is the one who mentioned there may be another one coming.
Would be cool to see!

#3650 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Aside from the topper mode, Bionic Bart mode was added, some mode called Marksman, a jet bumper bonus, numerous high score tables, added call-outs and perhaps sounds/music. Perhaps other stuff.
I’m looking forward to video stream to get a better understanding. In the meantime, go to the HD Color Display Art on the link below and click “view more” and you can see all the lovely dots including some of the enhanced code.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon

I looked at the images, looks like fun stuff!

19E63A46-015C-4284-9895-5DB9AF2BEC35 (resized).jpeg19E63A46-015C-4284-9895-5DB9AF2BEC35 (resized).jpeg8AC12D71-5609-4F69-A47B-804AC796407B (resized).jpeg8AC12D71-5609-4F69-A47B-804AC796407B (resized).jpeg
#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I keep hoping a question I can help with. And long for the day when games start rolling out and the nature of this thread changes to game play and tech questions.

Same!

#3734 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

This is for Lloyd, I actually do have a question, but haven’t been able to find it in my research. My 10 year old daughter loves to play pinball. We have a Wonka abd she adores it and can kick my butt every time at it. Recently, I sold my TAF because she didn’t like it and wanted to get a game she would enjoy. We went to Silverball in Asbury and played a ton of games. After we were done I asked what her favorite was and she said “ the one with the drunk flippers”, that was Cactus Canyon Continued. So, I ordered a CC and was lucky enough to get an LE. But now I’m a bit confused because someone said the drunk mode isn’t part of the code. Does anyone know how the game ships? I saw the publicity materiel mention completed code and original code. Does the completed code not include all the awesome additions of CCC? I hope it does. Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks!

It does not. The game comes with the original code that was released with the game in 1998 as well and a ‘finished code’ which finishes the original code as it was rushed out of the factory. None of the CCC code will be included when the game ships. However, you may see some CCC code in the next code to be released by Lyman and Josh in the near future at additional cost.

#3800 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'd take that anyday over the MMRLE peeling, must be a stern made playfield since they did build MMR then. That would make sense.

My MMr was made in 2017 (1660 of 2000). Would it be a stern playfield? No flaking here.

#3813 2 years ago

Tonight

13A6A165-1649-4D73-A0F4-39ACAF1E553D (resized).jpeg13A6A165-1649-4D73-A0F4-39ACAF1E553D (resized).jpeg
#3838 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but definitely one of the better looks at the LE playfield I have seen.

Nice video! Thanks for sharing!

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Also, do we think that the topper gameplay mode will be a video mode if the game has no topper? Has this been discussed and I missed it? Lots going on in this thread lol.

I believe so yes.

5A264046-B5F9-444E-AE94-0515FA877570 (resized).jpeg5A264046-B5F9-444E-AE94-0515FA877570 (resized).jpeg
#3998 2 years ago

Glad this thread is back on track!
The extra code coming down the pipe just adds more excitement to this pin, and for me there was enough excitement knowing they were already finishing the code (the stock enhanced code).
You never know my SE could ship within then next 2 weeks!? Maybe that is being optimistic!

#4000 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s an understatement for sure.
It would have been very interesting to see if the initial demand for CCr would have been as strong if there had been no mention of a possible future Lyman/Josh code package option.
Z

Given the market, I bet high.

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

it is the middle of November, aren't the SE's suppose to ship soon?!

I thought in the announcement at Expo Ryan said the SE will start to ship middle to late November… I could have that wrong but I’m almost sure someone from CGC said that recently.

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Some SE's, then LE's then SE+.

Right, just curious when the the shipping starts. We will find out soon I hope!

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Soooo two weeks! Nice!

Maybe! If all goes well!

#4019 2 years ago

My prediction is some SEs slowly coming out mid to end of December. Then by next March/April the LEs will arrive. I'm happy to wait, excited to get this pin!

My prediction is some SEs slowly coming out mid to end of December. Then by next March/April the LEs will arrive. I'm happy to wait, excited to get this pin!

Sounds about right!
Will be worth the wait!

#4057 2 years ago

A little decor to sit beside the game!

BF6DC6E1-67E7-4703-8D9B-B547D320F640 (resized).jpegBF6DC6E1-67E7-4703-8D9B-B547D320F640 (resized).jpeg
#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

All Payed Preisträger shipped today
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!

#4112 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I played a couple of CCr's at Freeplay Florida over the weekend.
I have owned all previous remakes and CCr plays the truest to the original B/W IMO.
Flippers feel great, which was a concern for me before playing.

Nice!
I would think the flippers would feel the same as I assumed the same parts were used?
Maybe not?

#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Have then begun shipping yet?

Not sure.

#4129 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I just played it at Little Shop of Games. I loved it. I ordered one. Classic Bally Williams feel. Great flow with easy combos. Easy theme to understand. The last of a great generation. Quick draw is my favorite. Code could use some depth beyond stamped multiball. Hopefully Lyman delivers.
It was sitting next too Godzilla premium and Mando. CCr felt and sounded better to me. More satisfing. Better quality.

Nice!

#4150 2 years ago

I listened to Josh as a guest on LoserKid.
He said that there were MANY call outs on the original rom that were not used in the game (do to time restrictions at the end of production) that they plan to include in their new code.

He also mentioned that they are adding new rules that they believe the original design team would have done if they had time.

It sounded great to me.

1 week later
#4289 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I couldn’t hold back makes the anticipation that much more exciting
[quoted image]

Cool!

#4294 2 years ago

Is this a request or something you saw??

Was wondering that as well. I assume they are being hopeful to see some pics.

#4301 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I presume once people get requests to pay their balance we’ll see shipments start about two weeks later.
I hope someone has a CCr in their house before Christmas.

I hope so as well!

#4303 2 years ago

Was just listening to Zach Menys podcast (TPN), he spoke with Ryan at a recent show and they are only a couple weeks behind and things are moving along nicely.

#4322 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Lol @ peasant edition

Haha, made me laugh as well. I’m in the peasant club!

#4343 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Wow!! Slackers!! This was posted 6 hours ago on CGC FB page.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice to see the SE getting some love on their FB page!

#4360 2 years ago

Put a shaker motor in it & it’s virtually identical gameplay other than the Evil Topper

Yeah, for me when I bought my first NIB CGC remake over a year ago, I had the option to buy any of the 3 trim levels. I was mainly interested in the classic or the SE. I loved the old school look of the classic, but the XL display, upgraded sound and extra lighting were to cool not to get!
I think the SE trim is amazing.
I also add shakers and mirror blades to all.

#4373 2 years ago

Looking to add mirror blades to my SE.
Anyone have experience with these?
I got my other mirror blades from my CGC dealer. I hoped these are similar quality.
Thanks!
Richard

63CBA0D8-DCB5-400C-967C-5F75F2CE5CF0 (resized).jpeg63CBA0D8-DCB5-400C-967C-5F75F2CE5CF0 (resized).jpeg
#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

They are very nice mirror blades. I would suggest using some different double sided tape than what is supplied with the blades. I have found its pretty weak and will lose its grip over time.
I used some Gorilla double sided tape that worked much better.

Quoted from phs4real:

Quality mirror blades. I've installed at least six pairs for bally/williams machines including one black mirror and two for Stern machines.Target decals are also high quality.

Thanks guys!
I’ll order a set!

#4398 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you mean like on this AFMR
[quoted image]

My MMr and MBr say “Chicago gaming company” there. Can it be switched to “Williams”?

#4435 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

MBR manual page 1-12 has the instructions.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

Thanks!
Is the “Williams” logo not pre loaded on the pin?
I can’t seem to select it.
Thanks!

7FB67230-133E-4E35-86FF-D8F3D237BCA6 (resized).jpeg7FB67230-133E-4E35-86FF-D8F3D237BCA6 (resized).jpeg
#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Some logos in this thread you can use to make your own. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-logo-mbr#post-5690552

I got the 320x80 set. Need to get it to 24 bit somehow now…

56F6EE93-D452-4932-AF6D-C03A16DBBC81 (resized).jpeg56F6EE93-D452-4932-AF6D-C03A16DBBC81 (resized).jpeg
#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Did you get your cactus canyon already???

Haha sorry. No.

#4471 2 years ago

Agree bout toppers, was close to just getting the SE and adding my own mirror blades and shaker motor; doubt I will install the topper on my LE or maybe install it for a few games & then it’s off and packed away

Just ordered my mirror blades today for my SE.

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

They're nothing special and I had no intention of sharing them, but being as we're kind of in a news drought. I figured I'd share the few pictures I took of the game during expo. In an attempt to keep that diecast metal hype train rolling.

Cool shots! Thanks for sharing!

#4514 2 years ago

I'm so glad they put the die cast metal train on both models. That's a very cool move on CGCs part. I will definitely be awaiting the mod community coming up with the train tracks for the SE. Everything else on the LE I can pass on, although that apron sure is purdy!!

It looks cool! But I don’t think I’ll add it. I’d rather see the playfield. I could just be being conservative!

#4520 2 years ago

First thing I think I’ll change is the flipper buttons to Black, will hide nicely on that dark part of the decal. Was anyone else thinking the same ?

Where is the best place to buy flippers for the remakes? What size/length are they?
If anyone has a link that would be great. Looking to get a new set of red ones for my MMr
Thanks!
Richard

#4522 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Where is the best place to buy flipper buttons for the remakes? What size/length are they?
If anyone has a link that would be great. Looking to get a new set of red ones for my MMr
Thanks!
Richard

#4523 2 years ago

Here are some red options from reputable sites that match your request. They're standard 3 inch flippers.
https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-flipper-bat-and-shaft-transparent-red.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-bat-and-shaft-assemblies-no-logo.html
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10110-4
Here is another option that would look nice. I installed them on my Swords of Fury and think they look incredible.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-20-10110-SILX2

Haha shoot… I meant flipper buttons!

#4528 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Are the rules that Josh and Lyman doing a completely new rule set? Are these rules aimed at the more experienced player?
I kind of want this game, but I'm always worried about getting a game that's too easy.

This podcast link is a interview with Josh, and may answer your questions.

From what I understand they are building in the original code, making it more complex and interesting like the original coders may have done initially in 1998 if they had more time to complete the game.

https://m.soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-73-big-bad-bart-with-josh-sharpeHaha

#4537 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Still excited moving next week hopefully we get
Some invoices soon.

That would be great!

#4539 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I honestly don’t get the pineapple references but when I saw this on one of my tiki groups on FB I immediately thought of you guys.[quoted image]

Haha. I don’t get the references either.

#4541 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

Just got my LE invoice

Nice!

#4573 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Where?
The playfield pics from August don’t count

I don’t recall the playfield pics. Can you post? I do remember Ryan saying they had a bunch of playfield done tho.

#4579 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

playfields. They said they had... 85... I think I recall.. playfields already built.

I thought he said the had 850 playfields ready to go when Ryan did the presentation at SFGE. I could be wrong tho!!

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That is my recollection as well. There were trays of screened playfields. Didn’t see any populated ones or cabinets.

Right. Same here. I sure they are doing all they can do! Looking forward to the next announcement!

#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ummm................... I don't see a key ?
You already lose it ?
Disclaimer : Put your extra Monster Bash LE key on it. It will work when you get your CCR.

Haha, Nice! Just tested this theory. It works! Here I am fishing around for the correct key for the right machine each time!

#4612 2 years ago

Depending on where you keep your machine. The keyless locks you can buy for a few bucks are amazing. I have them on all my machines.

Yes! I had those before on some pins I had! I do like them as well!

#4616 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yup, I use the keyless on my games too. Makes it waaaaay faster and easier to crack open games. Downside….. children find them easy to open too

Haha, that’s why I’m currently not using them. My basement looks like this a few times a month!
Last night I had about 9 kids here ages 3 to 9! Haha…

7658EC5B-47CA-4E0C-80C7-1A987C6E1B8A (resized).jpeg7658EC5B-47CA-4E0C-80C7-1A987C6E1B8A (resized).jpeg
#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Guessing your relocating the TV when the CCr shows up at your door

Haha, yup! Replaced the mirror with a TV and will move the smaller tv to the right of CCr (both running off different cable boxes to keep a eye on multiple games at once!).

8B353848-2E58-49A0-B6FA-03D1DEAC9CEF (resized).jpeg8B353848-2E58-49A0-B6FA-03D1DEAC9CEF (resized).jpeg
#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Where did you come by the "Play Pinball Here" Neon?... Would love to get that for my gameroom
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d8e2b402fc91cb3a1dfc3cfb72398f4e937abd4c-1640892630-1800"};
//]]>

Yes, I got mine on Amazon.ca - looks like the seller I got mine from doesn’t have it currently, but I think they are all very similar. Most of them ship from China and can take a while to get, however some on Amazon can be quicker.
Mine is like the one in the pic I attached!
Cheers!

C5C9DF79-DD9E-4701-BF44-271D7E1DC073 (resized).pngC5C9DF79-DD9E-4701-BF44-271D7E1DC073 (resized).png
#4693 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I agree. I think the artwork is very cool but I would not want it on my machine. I bought the alternative AFM art but I did not install it on my machine, instead it is artwork for my wall.

His art is great! But I do love the originals as well! I prefer the looks of the originals in my machines.

#4713 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

That was mid July 2021, and he’s showing his production line building playfields up. Has CGC delivered any games since then?

No. Not yet. Soon I hope! Gona be worth it in the end!

#4828 2 years ago

It's not much news, but skinny guy from Buffalo pinball briefly spoke with Sharpe about his hesitation about the new CCr ruleset and his concerns about it being too easy. And Sharpe convinced him to buy it saying something along the lines of, it's going to be something that Lyman and I will be glad to have in our collection when we're done with it.
This happens an hour and 6 minute in.

Nice! Great to hear. What I was expecting!
Thanks for sharing!
Richard

#4835 2 years ago

CCr with finished Original code with input from original coders and the geek; man; without the josh and Lyman code this thing is gunna be crazy. I will definitely get the Lyman code when it’s available but in the mean time I reckon the finished code will blow us away !

That’s the spirit! I feel the same way!
Richard

#4874 2 years ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

The distributor i bought my machine through said they are still "working on their pricing" for the backglass... Do i need to buy through them..? i would prefer not to if they go crazy and add some huge mark up...

Hmm, not sure if that sounds right. Should be the same price as PPS.

#4876 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Is CGC waiting on the new code to be done before shipping the game? What else could it be? Nothing leaving the factory. Just seems a bit odd. Would love to hear some explanation from CGC. Anyone care to elaborate?

I don’t think it’s the new Lyman code, that’s gona take a while.
It must be supply issues.
No biggie.

#4919 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

So how did they get this info to
Announce on a podcast but nothing from the source
No upset and excited to hopefully seeing games rolling out
Wonder what the hang up is / was

He is a big distributor, so I assume he has a connection.

#4922 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just got locked out of the Covid toilet paper shortage thread so I dropped in to see if there was any news.. this sounds positive!

Haha, it does sound positive! Who knows maybe I’ll be playing some CCr next week!!??

#4963 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I believe that’s what Ryan said.

300 units of MM should sell instantly.

#4975 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I through my name on the list for the next MMR. I have AFmr and know the layout is similar but they quality is so great figured go for it.

The layout is similar yes. But when I play both of mine side by side I find the feel very different in a good way.

#4995 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Ok CGC can now ship CCr it’s spot with increased headroom is now ready!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!!
Good idea!

#4999 2 years ago

The Flip N Out pinball guy did officially mention that the CGC delay is due to a couple of parts shortages which falls in line with what we all thought, but this is the first time I've heard it actually stated from a distributor. And it sounds like they got the information straight from CGC.
It happens around 32 minutes.
https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-uyzcz-117fc0d

Nice!
I tried to find it when I saw he mentioned it.
Thanks so much for sharing the exact time!
I’ll tune in!
Richard

#5000 2 years ago

The Flip N Out pinball guy did officially mention that the CGC delay is due to a couple of parts shortages which falls in line with what we all thought, but this is the first time I've heard it actually stated from a distributor. And it sounds like they got the information straight from CGC.
It happens around 32 minutes.
https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-uyzcz-117fc0d

Zach says he thinks he will have his hands on one (a SE I assume) to stream “in the next week or so”.
He would know!
That’s good news I think.

#5022 2 years ago

Mirror blades just arrived! Shaker on hand as well…
Just need the game!

98CB7A34-7591-4C8F-AAE5-3BD80F82842D (resized).jpeg98CB7A34-7591-4C8F-AAE5-3BD80F82842D (resized).jpeg
#5027 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You should probably proactively move the TV

Will have the pin in place first I was thinking, to mount it exactly where I want.

Hopping in the next few weeks!

#5033 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wonder if there is anyone at CGC who reads this just to be entertained by seeing how many different topics can be covered in a thread created to hype the Cactus Canyon Remake without any news about or discussion of the game itself?

Haha, I bet they get a laugh out of it!

#5034 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

That's the spirit!
On on CGC, bring it on!

8F1E597E-E41D-4E99-9686-8C00FE454C46 (resized).jpeg8F1E597E-E41D-4E99-9686-8C00FE454C46 (resized).jpeg
#5040 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Just found this thread.
No FAQ pinned to beginning.
So have to ask. When are these shipping ?

The SE trim level is shipping first, and might ship in the next week or two.

#5045 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have one going. Some CGC videos up there, Scrounge around my channel to see them. A new one will be posted showing off the improved diagnostic stuff once I get the game. No more holding down the CGC button, just hit enter and new menu will be there. Other companies videos were removed.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing those!

#5049 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Shit you hear LyMan died?? Man that’s horrible he was young. No new cactus code now. Most of my games were his.

It really is sad, sucks. All my games are his as well.

#5050 2 years ago

This is a real bummer... I doubt pinball will ever see a programmer better than him.
As a side note, I don't think it will prevent the new code from coming out. It would be a real shame if the work that he already completed gets lost.
From my experience in software, you get the first 90% of a project done quickly. It's the last 10% that takes the vast majority of the time to complete. So I'm hopeful there is a lot there that if it does get completed by someone else that Josh can just guide them allowing Lyman's magic touch to still shine through.

Yeah I agree, one last tribute to the master.
Sucks.

#5071 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

We made it, well done! A great sign of respect for a truly great gentleman.
This might be too big an ask, but how about we keep this thread positive for a week??
They'll be a lot of Lyman's close family and friends doing it very tough over the next week with the funeral and the general grieving process. Let's not talk about the code, we'll be informed in due course by CGC. Remember the people at CGC are grieving the loss of their friend and colleague. Let them be and continue the respect we've shown so far. The information will come in due course.

Sounds good.
RIP Lyman.

#5080 2 years ago

CGC just put up a few job posting for their pinball department on facebook, including a CNC Router Operator, Cabinet Assembler, & an Electrical Technician.
One of you mad lads should get a job there and feed us the inside scope on how the CCr production is going
Either way, seems like they're trying to ramp up production which is a good sign.

I saw that as well, good for them!
Hope they are all doing OK.

#5083 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Looks like planing for the future.

Great to hear!

#5084 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hoping this for their next project !

Yes,
Most likely, to get to their 2 games per year.

I’m really looking forward to it all.

Richard

#5109 2 years ago

Maybe I missed it, but when was it implied that only the topper was impacted?

I thought so initially, but then others seemed to imply that there were parts (just a few) that were holding up production. Parts that were used in all models. That is how I understood it anyway.

RHM

#5172 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's my name. Lloyd Olson. Here is one of the monkey videos. Short and stupid. The ones for Chicago Gaming are better. The jjp ones were removed. Click on Youtube to watch it on Youtube, from there you can click on my name to see the others.

I found this one helpful when changing my controller board:

And this one during my flipper rebuild:

Looking forward to more, like “How to instal your extra hardware in your CCr”.

Thanks Lloyd!
RIP LFS

Richard

#5193 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah because if they had to re-drill every pf it would create a delay in production…. Hmmmm..

Maybe! I would rather have them drill it than me!

#5207 2 years ago

My distributor just told me “Still waiting”…

What I expected, but wanted to double check!

Hope everyone is doing well!

RIP Lyman
Richard

#5274 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not so much bridge as NX-01 themed. I didn’t think of the idea until halfway through construction and since we had visited the set of Star Trek: Enterprise and my wife wanted a shiny purple floor I though that would be a fun way to combine the set pieces and pinball. When you go though the door it “whooshes”, saying “Computer, holodeck on” sets lighting, plays bridge sounds in the background and powers up the games.
I met Karl Urban a few years back and he thought the room was cool. We talked about pinball for 15 minutes while a bunch of people in line wondered what the hell was going on. Although it doesn’t quite fit the room I had the right name for an awesome McCoy “Damn It!” autograph.
The room was built before toppers became a big thing so I only thought about clearance for Safe Cracker and Whirlwind. Batman and Elvira barely made it and the Cactus Canyon topper may be an interesting challenge
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!!!! Very cool!!!

What’s the address!!!?!

#5318 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Joined the preorder list yesterday for an SE.

Nice!

#5355 2 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Ok, I have an update...well sort of. I'm in for an SE and I ordered through Cointaker. I emailed Melissa a couple of days ago asking if she knew when games would be shipping. Here's what I heard back (remember this is ALL I heard and I'm just the messenger here).
"Some should start shipping next week from factory from what we are told…do not know how many or when ours will begin shipping…I think they are shipping very small qty to each dealer until everyone gets at least a few."
At least it's some news, right?!

Cool! Good to hear! Excited to see some pics and hear some input of customers getting theirs games on this thread!
Will be exciting times for sure!

Richard

#5381 2 years ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

This is probably why there is no update. They are trying to get the flyer just right.

Haha, that was good.
I buy the original style flyers off eBay. I think they are cool, but CGC ones would be great as well.

387F5555-21C2-42E8-805B-79BB6880882A (resized).jpeg387F5555-21C2-42E8-805B-79BB6880882A (resized).jpeg
#5383 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I emailed we’re I ordered my ccr and asked for an update. I was told they are expecting shipment soon some parts we’re delayed people got sick etc.
The word on the street is the factory is filling up with mostly finished games and when it’s go time they should ship out pretty quickly.

Great news!

#5435 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Feb 3 - I personally spoke to Josh Sharpe about the software. Maybe only I was confused?
All CCrs will come with two versions of software. (1) The original Bally software code. (2) CGC's programmers completed CC software code. You'll be able to switch back and forth from code version (1) and (2). The (3) third code choice, "The Lyman / Sharpe code" will be a totally separate purchase - no MSRP yet. I didn't specifically ask but I feel like their code is complete and we're just waiting on CGC to figure out the price.
Me and a friend have a SE and LE on preorder and both added the mirrored backglass. I ask our Distributor every two week for an update - answers have been the same "no update".

Josh did seem positive about the code. Maybe it is near complete. That would be great news. Either way Josh said the final project will be completed which is amazing. All we can ask for.

RIP Lyman,
Richard

#5466 2 years ago

Wow, never heard of that. Crazy. That won’t happen with CGC. The LE price was low due to the fact that they wanted to give us a great value. SE a great price as well!
Good game going on here!

2953EDC1-801B-4A4C-BD92-67D0E82165A0 (resized).jpeg2953EDC1-801B-4A4C-BD92-67D0E82165A0 (resized).jpeg
#5484 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

I've got a feeling we are gonna hear something pretty soon. And usually I'm spot on.
They are ready to ship maybe.

That would be cool!

#5495 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Can't say yet. But I know for a fact it is true. This will be the first concrete/accurate news in 5494 posts.
Enjoy!

Nice!
I wonder how many SEs will ship before they switch to LEs? I gave my deposit Nov 2nd
For my SE. I assume that would mean I’m near the front? Maybe?
Richard

#5506 2 years ago

If this holds up, that's excellent news! I ordered my SE the very day I got the release announcement email, and paid in full about 3 weeks ago. (No invoice was issued, just my choice to pay up). I'd love to get a confirmation from my distributor.

I ordered my SE ver early as well. Just asked my distributor if I’ll be in the first batch. See if he knows.

#5544 2 years ago

Great news! The game looks amazing!

#5574 2 years ago

Game play video posted as well to their Facebook page!

7DF788B9-7CCA-4BF3-BD5A-96ED14926571 (resized).jpeg7DF788B9-7CCA-4BF3-BD5A-96ED14926571 (resized).jpeg
#5580 2 years ago

Another game play video on the same Facebook site. 22 min long. Looking good!

E46B8DF4-17A3-400D-94BA-4E5B3448041A (resized).jpegE46B8DF4-17A3-400D-94BA-4E5B3448041A (resized).jpeg
#5585 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

How many SEs will they make before switching to the LEs?

They are building all the SE’s up to and including mine!! Haha

#5593 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Anyone else Dislike the speakers front faced instead of behind a grill? The frame if it was black would be so much better imo. I never noticed how bad they looked till seeing GAP's video.

Hmm, I always like it. Looks clean!

#5619 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I’ve played a real one. I’ve played the remake at Pintastic. I’m addicted to it on my phone. I know this is an unpopular opinion, the PA version is pretty darn close on these games. It definitely helps you understand the rules or otherwise give you a nice preview of what you are getting. I have MMr and AFMr and despite them not being loaded with “modes” they are a blast. CCr having potentially 3 versions of software is exciting. I’ve always felt DLC was the next natural step in pinball. Off topic and discussed in other threads, but I know I would drop the price of a ColorDMD for having selectable versions of software for my other CGC games.

Cool! What app to you use on your phone?

#5624 2 years ago

Was hoping to see more games in the wild today!

#5647 2 years ago

Yeah, seems like they may have just released a few games…. Still a step in the right direction!

Richard

#5664 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If anyone from CGC is watching I hope the apron cards for the LE show the same credit info as on the SE (with changes necessitated by the flasher position). It’s a perfect update to the original. The old/new credits to those that made both the original and the remake possible should be showcased on every game. Be nice to see everyone else on the teams be credited via flipper code too.
[quoted image]

Wow, that’s a nice touch! I never noticed the SE apron had that. It is not on the CGC web page I don’t believe.
Thanks for sharing!
Richard

#5667 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t think it was on the prototypes either. Just one of the little things CGC is doing for the game they didn’t have to do.

Nice, glad they did it. Looks great. Classy for sure.
RIP Lyman
Richard

#5678 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

My favorite local barcade, Reboot in Dunedin Florida, just got a new CC. So I guess they’re going to locations and distributors now.

Nice!

#5685 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pretty sure Lyman did not do #2. (He may have added some stuff to the OS). I assume Sam Zehr did most of it.
Lyman was the primary (sole?) programmer for #3. Josh is not a programmer so someone else will actually code whatever Josh has on the roadmap. #3 will be part of the optional upgrade kit for which contents, pricing and availability are currently unknown. From Josh’s podcast comment on what they had planned it did not sound like elements from CCC were in the plan.

I just assumed Lyman was not involved in the #2 code. But maybe he was a bit?
If the SE credits Lyman as a coder (as in that pic in the thread with Lyman Sheats listed as a new coder) maybe he was?

#5704 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Mine arrived at my local FedEx freight depot this morning. I can't wait to go pick it up!

Wow! Nice!

#5710 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Just an average Joe collector.
I will post unboxing pics...

Looking forward to it!
Thanks!

#5728 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Mine arrived at my local FedEx freight depot this morning. I can't wait to go pick it up!

Soooooo!!?? You pick it up!?

#5734 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Mine delivers TODAY! So pumped. Pics to come later!

Nice!

#5753 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Shout out to Zach at Flip N Out Pinball. Great distributor! Do not hesitate to work with him![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing! Congrats!

#5770 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I don’t see any extra hanging connectors or anywhere it would mount at this time maybe it won’t be offered on the SE model or at all

I bet if it is offered, it will be on all models.

#5773 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This was previously confirmed.

Nice! Could not remember that. Makes sense!

#5793 2 years ago
6494888A-631C-4314-9A62-631F97DB5830 (resized).jpeg6494888A-631C-4314-9A62-631F97DB5830 (resized).jpeg
#5797 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Nice to see the official "game is shipping" statement from the folks at CGC... Gives me hope that I'll be playing this exceptional title in the near term (hopefully weeks not months)

Same here!

#5807 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks for the help of Tim and Jason Cactus Canyon Remake is up and running.
[quoted image]

Nice! Congrats Lloyd!¡

#5809 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

There's a Clear setting, as in white GI?

Yeah. You can set the GI on warm white for example if you like.

#5818 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

My buddy Kevin just gave a review of the SE, in the ratings section.
Robert

Just read it. Thanks for sharing!

Richard

#5821 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Kevin said he played it for a couple hours and just looked at it for about a half hour.
It's at a public location, so he couldn't open it up.
He said that the flipper issue could be an artifact of the bats not being positioned in the location he was used to.
Robert
PS: He may post more impressions here sometime.

Cool!

#5837 2 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I understand we are a long way away from the Sheats/Sharpe upgrade but was wondering what possibilities would be out there and curious what others may want. Since the mention of “hardware” what about a replacement lockdown bar with a Stern style action button along with code? Or replacement shooter rod with IJ style gun?

Hmm, not sure - my assumption is that the new hardware will be mounted somewhere on the playfield.

#5839 2 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Hahahaha! Yeah my Indy gun has clipped me a couple of times and FT caster too and have the bruises to prove it. But an interesting thing considering a gunslinger game

Yeah, a gun would look cool for sure! But I would rather have something on the playfield. Whatever it is, I bet it will be great!

#5843 2 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Absolutely will be great! Feels like anticipating Xmas until we know . I thought playfield too at first but was thinking outside the box, so to speak ( pun intended )

Haha, yeah. Who knows! Anything is possible!

#5852 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve heard conflicting reports on whether there is a replacement video mode if the topper is not installed/active. If anyone can confirm either way I’ll update the FAQ in the club thread.

Looks like the shootout mode is in there (saw on Lloyds FB page)!
It is disabled in settings he said.
Richard

CFFA9D4F-3B69-4394-A852-9251C521338D (resized).pngCFFA9D4F-3B69-4394-A852-9251C521338D (resized).png
#5868 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I hit up Denver 1 Up @ Colfax and played a few games on their new SE. There’s no comparison to this remake vs the original I also played recently. I couldn’t hear $h?! in that place but the colors of the pin were brilliant, shots flowed nicely, and I really enjoyed the Wild West theme. My son is going to love the moving train. One pinsider created a headlight mod to add to the front of the train on the original. I hope he decides to whip one up and sell or share for the remake. I’m looking forward to receiving my LE.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great to hear! Glad you enjoyed the game!

Richard

#5878 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Ours has been on the floor for about two weeks, and it's been awesome. I'm not going to share exactly how many plays but pretty much non stop every day since.
As other posts have stated, its such an upgrade from the original and impressive how much of a difference the lighting makes. Everything seems beefier and not having mechanical switches in the ramps any more makes my job a lot easier.
Gameplay-wise, people love it. Feels a lot more immersive and we're excited for the new code DLC that we keep hearing rumors about. We've left the game option stock with the exception of enabling the shootout mode (selecting topper installed) and I wasn't as much of a CC junkie to recall what is new, but it plays like any fan-layout game should: fast with great shots and a flow that is accessible to even novice players.
Mechanically it's been pretty bulletproof so far. We had an issue with balls getting stuck to the left of Bart, but bending down the left corner of the vertical piece under him solved that. We also noticed the ramp shots were hitting really low and sometimes would slide under him so we 3d-printed a small wedge to raise the ramp a few mm. Normally the first week of a game is a lot of tweaks from the techs but so far *knocks on wood* it's been great.
The only negative thing to say about it is the sound. It's hard to describe, but its almost like the speakers were wired backwards because its really hard to hear clearly at times, even when its the only game on at the time. We've been so busy getting some other games ready that we haven't had time to dig into it but something is definitely off. However, one of our bartenders giggled with glee when he heard the "you couldn't hit the broadside of a burrito" callout so maybe its just me I donno. Will repost once I have time to throw some test leads on there and see what's up.
I'm sure the LE will be nice (ours is still on order) but so far we're thrilled with the SE and its another home run for Chicago Gaming as far as I'm concerned. Now if they could just get started on ToM

Thanks for sharing!
Richard

#5891 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

My MMRR was like this stock, really hard to hear the call-outs. Ended up replacing the speakers and it made a world of difference.

Hmm… all my 3 remakes I can hear the call outs perfect with the stock speakers.

#5898 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

All of the CGC remakes have sounded incredible to me, compared to originals.
My AFMr sounds great after adjusting the subwoofer control, its in the settings...
They have done a great job.
Im certain that replacement speakers can give you another 2% to 5% improvement, to me its just not necessary.
Its a pinball game, not a high end stereo.
The source files are not super clean.

What did you adjust the subwoofer to? Up? Down? Thanks!

#5969 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

nothing but copyright infringement here ... we are working on similar covers as we speak - that will be under WMS license.

Cool! Also for the other 3 remakes?
Thanks!
Richard

#6034 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

From AYCE

Looking good!

Thanks for the pics!

Richard

#6044 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Knapp arcade posted this on their webpage, Brian Allen is at his desk working on the CC stuff
[quoted image]

They posted another, cool stuff!

737FCABE-01B4-4F23-86FB-F24EC9B1E20B (resized).jpeg737FCABE-01B4-4F23-86FB-F24EC9B1E20B (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#6178 2 years ago
353229E4-690C-4220-AC01-F0B2FC725A0B (resized).png353229E4-690C-4220-AC01-F0B2FC725A0B (resized).png
#6182 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I just placed an order for an SE today and I'm pretty stoked

Nice! You should be!

#6192 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Someone should make a detailed FAQ list ..... oh but wait.....

Lol

#6198 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought I would hate the RGB as it looked horrible in every video I saw. In person it was a totally different experience and it didn’t bother me at all. I didn’t think it was overused/overdone either.

Yeah, it look great in person (I also think it looks great in video but maybe I’m just used to it).

Richard

7 months later
#6494 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Man would it be EPIC if cgc put the saloon doors on the LE model , making it a true LE. No complaining on timing for me, I have too much crap to do anywho.

I don’t think they would do that. I assume they would want to make whatever it is avail to both SE and LE/SE+ buyers.

But you never know!

Richard

#6496 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Anybody know what this tool makes?
[quoted image]

Tell us!

#6498 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

ehhhhh everyone complained the le wasn't le enough...... maybe it is just installed in the le but a kit for others :shrug:

Ohh. That would be good!

#6505 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just received the tracking number for my CCR LE![quoted image]

Congrats!!!

#6551 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Well my LE is supposed to arrive today. What a wait haha

Sweet!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richard-nba-sf2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=richard-nba-sf2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.