(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polishedball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1083 2 years ago

I just wish we new the cost for the Lyman code update in the future, is this a $100's thing or $1000's

#1090 2 years ago

Did they mention what besides the topper and arch are different on the SE? I thought he said something about the train tracks, does this mean no train?

#1292 2 years ago

So I am understanding correct that Lyman code will be available for SE and LE just not the base classic?

Thanks

1 week later
#3393 2 years ago

Personally while the topper looks great and seems cool. I however am not a fan of video modes of which this seems to be a glorified version of. It break flow feel to much for me. Always thought this with hs2 and afm.

Anyhow I am curious this machine is my first NIB are these drop shipped from factory, do they go to your dealer first, how is freight paid, anyone have worries about the recent increase almost doubling of some logistics companies this past week?

Hope everyone enjoys there machine whatever model it may be.

1 month later
#4635 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

That's why Lyman is on this one and they are implementing a new OS that can obtain future updates and changes to code. I'm in IT, so that really intrigues me the most about this

Where is this info. Last I heard the Lyman code would not be released until complete and it would be final.

#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Post a link! Unfortunately, the vendors in my area wanted over $1k for a small custom neon sign.

I have the same issue with my local sign shop. There was an old timer that retired and closed his business over a decade ago that was very reasonable, but now I can not find a place that is reasonable.

I wish CGC would update the distributors with a ship date if not wanting to post here anymore.

#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

. Unfortunately, patience is a dying virtue in America.

It is not so much patience it is the fact that I was told mid-nov at expo. Kinda just a frustration. I get delays, I have had a car in order for 4 months but my salesman at least calls bi-weekly. But a little communication goes a long way.

#4684 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I'm excited to see if Brian Allen does an alternate translate for Cactus Canyon. They're amazing but I've never owned a machine he has done the new art for.
He has done alternate artwork for the last three CGC games, but that could just be a coincidence.
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/medieval-madness-alternative-acrylic-backglass/
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/attack-from-mars-alternative-thin-translite/
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/monster-bash-alternative-translite/

I have a few of his banners and other art work they are excellent.

#4705 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just go straight to Sara @ Planetary Pinball. Largest distro for the CGC remakes.

So your saying they should have updated shipping info.

3 weeks later
#5158 2 years ago

Thanks you for the update and so sorry for the loss of your colleague and friend.

Quoted from ifpapinball:

Fortunately we worked on stuff closest to the start button first. I don't know a lick of programming so I'm thankful we were as far into the project as we were when this tragedy happened.
We were currently working on the (spoiler alert) two-stage wizard mode for High Noon. Rules are in but that Lyman choreography polish we've all grown to appreciate and love hadn't been meticulously implemented yet.
There's also potentially (Spoiler alert) some hardware features to our update that had not been fully implemented yet.
I'll be seeing this thing through without a doubt. Him and I were so proud of the work we accomplished on this thing and there's no way he wouldn't want to see the community enjoy the update.

#5226 2 years ago

At least it is looking like I wont have to worry about a winter delivery and snow-blowing a path to the basement walkout.

#5291 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s like Vegas … no clocks.

Any idea on the square footage footprint you built all that into? Looks amazing

1 week later
#5408 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Love the jukebox & Ford bubblegum machine.

Looked at picking up one of them ford bubble gums at local antique shop but wasn't sure of the value, just remembered them at Kmart as a Kid. They were selling $85~$125 depending on condition of the gum sticker. Thoughts i had no ideas

#5559 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

So… two CCRSE’s out in the wild? Any others? Any other updates from any distros? Patient, just curious. Glad to see these and hopefully avoid ‘23 and ‘24 jokes.
Great stuff with the donations.

A distributor or two have them for immediate shipping, posted in the other new thread.

#5589 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Hi Hope Chris is right regarding lyman's code!

I think I would trust Josh's update a little more since he was working on it with him.

#5590 2 years ago

Anyone else Dislike the speakers front faced instead of behind a grill? The frame if it was black would be so much better imo. I never noticed how bad they looked till seeing GAP's video.

#5609 2 years ago

So while a handful of machines were shipped has anyone else (i think one was posted) gotten an invoice yet for final payment from distributor. Are they continuing to leave the factory?

#5623 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

From what i understand, there were a handful of distributors that recieved a machine (or possibly 2). Not all of us have received machines, or any timline to base things off of.
I hope to start getting some machines in the next few weeks, but that is pure speculation.

Thanks for the update, I have been sitting on my fingers trying not to email you as I figured many were already.

#5730 2 years ago

Any other confirmation to the pinball show ep92, CGC news that it would be 2~5 weeks before anymore CCr's shipped, due to parts availability? At aprox 41 minute mark

#5750 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think almost everyone who has a game on order would agree.
I’ve heard nothing from my distributor since I got my order receipt. I called yesterday to see when they were getting their SEs because Ryan gad told me games were ended route to them but the salesman I spoke with (not my usual contact) didn’t know. I did find out that I’m 15 out of 56 confirmed LEs so that was fun to learn.

Glad you reached them. I have been thrilled with my distributor. I am usually pretty hard to please too He Has always responded within a couple hours usually even less, they even came to this thread and gave an update though as all of them not much info out there.

2 weeks later
#5948 2 years ago

I really wish for the SE+ they would handle it like the back glasses and ship when available. Want to add the pin and don’t want to wait to be the last ones produced. I have an SE coming soon and would have happily upgraded if the tipped would just come when available.

#5951 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not going to happen.
Also - backglasses are from PPS and a stand-alone product; the topper isn’t. Advantage to the SE+ is you’ll get a topper; disadvantage is you’ll have to wait. But at least you won’t have to wait as long as some people still waiting for Stern games ordered early last year.

Yeah I didn’t think it would change. But sure seems a simple way to sell out the +’s. Stern seems to be more about knowing the right distributor as locals have had no issues getting them. Pro or LE if ordered when announced.

1 week later
#6051 2 years ago

I just emailed Brian and he stated his translights will be available to all for CCr. EDIT I see this was covered already. Didn;t see a delete post option.

They will be released next week on his site.

#6080 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Will be interesting to see it!
“Option to purchase an exclusive, numbered collector's art piece from artist Brian Allen @ flylanddesigns.com (offered only to our CCR customers, limit one per customer) who has been creating various title pinball artwork
- FREE cactus canyon OEM (WMS #21-6721 not engraved) plaque (while supplies last)”

He maybe doing them a special limited piece, but the limited backglass, translights sideblades and other artwork will be available for all. Really no different than when he does a limited issue for anyone, I have some of his from the flipper room and elsewhere.

1 week later
#6148 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Another happy buyer here...it could not have been packed any better. Quality build, my family loves playing it, and great service from Jason at Classic Game Rooms!
Watching videos of gameplay doesn't do it justice, you really have to play it to appreciate everything about the game.
[quoted image]

Did the box on the outside indicate a truck and no truck side?

4 weeks later
#6242 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone have an update from PPS on the mirrored backglass?
I thought they were supposed to be shipping by now. I asked Sara who told me to ask Rick but he hasn’t responded to my emails.

I have one coming but it will take a lot IMO to brian allens work, it j

Quoted from jmhewitt:

Woot! I get to fully pay for my SE!

Great news

2 weeks later
#6248 1 year ago

Glad they offer free shipping, but just tag it onto the price. lol It would feel much more honest if it said shipping included in the price.

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Chicago-Gaming-Cactus-Canyon-Remake-Special-Edition-Pinball-Machine

#6252 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hey all, I've been away a long time and hate to ask such a sensitive question, but is it fair to say there is no plan for additional software coming out, now?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/103#post-6745058

#6275 1 year ago

While the art may clash, I actually think operators might benefit from swapping the trans. People seem to be drawn much more to the game from that artwork in my setting. I actually like it and am not as much a creative to notice clash with it or the art blades.

#6284 1 year ago

Cross posted, but in case anyone is not following both threads, LerMods undercab lighting for MM works fine on the CCr SE.

Also Josh was on Final Round PP, Ep56 and had some mentions of CC code. 26 minute mark

#6287 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I'm 16 minutes in and this is testing my patience. There is nothing more boring than listening to people talk about tournament play.

In my post above his I stated it was at the 26 minute mark

#6299 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

When are the LEs shipping?

most likely over the next year, but no confirmations on ship or build dates. A little over 500 SE's have been build by best guessing serial numbers

#6312 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

… that’s 500 SEs, zero LEs shipped so far.

With that good grammar, you should look into making a FAQ

11 months later
#6612 11 months ago

I have the mirror backglass as well as the Brian Allen, if you like his style of art (opinions vary), it really draws people to the machine when they come over. It is what I have left in, but will always have the original art too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polishedball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=polishedball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.