(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,446 posts
  • 757 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by joelbob
  • Topic is favorited by 385 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maxisdead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2393 1 year ago

I guess I’ve got an SE on the way. I hope this was a wise decision. Time shall tell I suppose.

#2429 1 year ago

My SE shipped today. Ordered yesterday, shipped today. I like how that works!

#2465 1 year ago

My SE is on a FedEx freight truck bouncing along the road between IL and CO. Monday delivery scheduled 10:30-12:30, then I will unceremoniously open the box, setup the game and then have fun!

#2499 1 year ago

Monday seems so far away.

#2529 1 year ago

Mine shows it has arrived in Denver. Monday delivery should be a go!

#2583 1 year ago

Confirmed topper not available separate to add to SE. If you want topper then get SE+

#2585 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This is not new. They have said this from day one.

I know. But it’s weird. Why not sell more?

#2588 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

To drive sales and demand for 'exclusive'/limited kinds of titles of course. You undercut your own demand generation if you water down exclusivity after the fact.

That makes sense when it was just the LE. But now that there is the SE+ it doesnt matter. Might as well sell more toppers.

#2602 1 year ago

SE now LE later

#2636 1 year ago

Just about 12 hours away from my cactus delivery!
I’ll play the snot out of it and eventually some day one with a topper will show up at my door

#2643 1 year ago
A (resized).jpegA (resized).jpegB (resized).jpegB (resized).jpegC (resized).jpegC (resized).jpeg
#2686 1 year ago

Been playing my SE that came yesterday. Game is fun and I love the attention to details that CGC added to the game. EXCEPT the flashers under the gun butts, when those go off waiting for shoot out it’s like I am having a seziure. Hopefully moders will come up with a solution for that.

#2687 1 year ago

Installed the mezel train tracks today

AB41C73A-E4F9-4BE2-8B4A-035C0BA11BC8 (resized).jpegAB41C73A-E4F9-4BE2-8B4A-035C0BA11BC8 (resized).jpeg
#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I turned mine OFF. It's in the game settings. Even on the lowest intensity, they were too bright. Shame, because it was a nice touch.

Ah! I shall do the same! I can’t stand them. They could be oh so much better. I wonder if there is room in the apron to add some sort of a filter to cut the intensity of them.

#2695 1 year ago

I have no complaints about the flippers, they are a-ok. But those flashers in the apron under the gun butts, i yi yi yi yi

#2700 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Agree but you can turn them down in settings I put mine as low as it would allow I believe-3 and it does help considerably for what it's worth

I will for sure try that before I turn them off. I don’t normally complain about lighting, so these must be really bad.

#2704 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve already ordered diffusers for my game. The lights are a great idea but WAY WAY too bright. Hopefully they’ll provide more control in the upcoming bug fix.

Where did you order diffusers?

#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Amazon link in the apron flashers FAQ entry under Issues to watch for

Can you just give me the link. I clicked up above and there was so much stuff on your page I got lost.

#2719 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

amazon.com link »
LTG : )

Thanks! Those might be perfect!

#2753 1 year ago

Proof in point on the shallow code. My pinball buddy came over today to play cactus, he’d only ever played it on location a few times. Now he is a pinball guy and plays a lot so yes he is a decent player. But I think on our 5th game he got to High Noon and beat it.

I had lowered the outlane posts all the way, which i do on all my games. Maybe that was just too much for this game.

Anyways, looking forward to beating it myself too. And looking forward to the revamped new code when it’s available.

#2756 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah it’s not very difficult to reach High Noon but I like that I have a game that I can beat every once in a while. Hopefully upgraded code will add some difficulty and more content from continued code.

I do agree it’s nice to have a game thats approachable and beatable. It’s a lot of fun so not really complaining.

#2934 1 year ago

Beat high noon today! Game is a lot of fun and I will continue to come back for more

1 week later
#3361 1 year ago

These legs are a hot mess. All 4 of my legs are crimped wrong and by a LOT. I tried adding a second metal spacer but thats still not enough to keep them from contacting the decals. So I also had to bend each leg AND use the extra spacer. But sadly it’s all too late. My decals are all damaged. Sad

All the legs are wrong in the same way. If looking at them from the front of the leg they are all way extra crimped in on the right side by quite a lot. The left side of the legs are fine.

0EADA52C-DD03-484A-8466-3BF27FEE3912 (resized).jpeg0EADA52C-DD03-484A-8466-3BF27FEE3912 (resized).jpeg57405882-6DFA-4FF9-948E-ADC7486792B0 (resized).jpeg57405882-6DFA-4FF9-948E-ADC7486792B0 (resized).jpeg69C38743-C3A4-47C2-878C-B49D3ED81E35 (resized).jpeg69C38743-C3A4-47C2-878C-B49D3ED81E35 (resized).jpeg

#3364 1 year ago
Quoted from MWM82:

I'm officially in the club!
May 24 build.
Time to get lit!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Hopefully you checked your legs before you installed them

#3368 1 year ago
Quoted from Ripper:

What are people's thoughts on values?
Like, it's great that CCR is a thing because it makes it more accessible, but the original will always be the original. I think I would rather have a minty original than the remake.
Just curious on opinions?

I like everything they did to make the game more awesome. The color changing GI, the custom sculpts. The larger screen. Plus new code coming that will only run on CCr

#3370 1 year ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

To be fair to CGC, I highly doubt they are manufacturing these legs in house. They also likely didn't contract them out. They are probably just buying them in volume from the same supplier that other companies are using...the same other companies that have been called out by HEP for having a crimp angle tighter than 90 degrees.
First line of defense should have been the leg supplier. They clearly aren't randomly screening lots for tolerance issues. In a perfect world, CGC would be checking each and every part that comes in to ensure that it complies to the manufacture's tolerances, but that isn't realistic. Manufactures depend on their component suppliers to ensure that parts are withing the specified design tolerance. With that said, the final product from CGC should be subject to random screening, which may have possibly caught this, but clearly didn't. I'm sure they are aware of it now, though, based on this thread.
I'm not giving CGC a free pass here, but it reminds me a bit of the "capacitor plague" from the early 2000s. The upstream suppliers was providing crap parts, and the various vendors using those parts felt the heat when failures started. This circumstance is certainly different since the issue is immediately apparent, compared to latent failures with the capacitors, but this is probably the best of a bad situation. It would be much worse if a year or two these issues started cropping up.
Before I close, I will say that the pitted/rusting standoffs are 100% on CGC. Even if they have a shoddy supplier, that issue is perfectly visible during assembly. Those should have been instant rejects, followed by a discussion with the supplier about the high part reject rate.

I don’t really care who is to blame in the supply chain. I opened my game and installed the legs and my decals are now ruined. CGC packaged it and shipped it, so it’s on them.

Sending me new decals really isn’t a fix. We all know those stay rolled up in a sleeve forever.

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Do legs even get test fit at the factory? Or are the finished games get play tested on carts, and then 4 bad legs come out of a big box and sent with the game as it's boxed. Yeah they missed the bad legs, but so did the actual manufacturer of the legs along with other parts resellers that sold the same bad legs to people. It all comes down to these legs are being manufactured out of specification

Yep. I am sure they do not test fit the legs at the factory.
Still. CGC sent me bad legs and they ruined my decals.

#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Leg bubbles can be pressed out pretty easily, especially if they are fresh.
Install a couple hex screws, you are good to go.
Expecting perfection in an imperfect world will lead to madness, get over it.
Mantis has larger leg protectors to cover the slight decal distortion if you need....
Its pinball, not cabinet....Play the game.

Oh I’m over it. The game will have permanently ruined decals.
The legs physically cut through the decals. They did also push and bubble some, which I pressed back out. It’s as good as its going to get, but the cuts are there and they are visible.

As far as remedy, they might send decals. BUT we all know those decals will stay rolled up in a tube for life, 90%+ of people will never install them. They might as well not send them. It’s just a permanent issue that will stay with the game for life. Disappointing for a brand new 8k game, but life goes on.

I am guessing all the 500 or so games they shipped will all have this same issue. Lucky for you LE owners this was discovered now and your games will be fine, either cause you’ll get correct legs or because you will watch for the issue and fix it before you install them.

#3391 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I just hope the legs can be bent open a bit in my hydraulic press without cracking the powdercoat. I’ll wait for someone else to try it first lol.

oh crap, thats right! the LE's are powder coated. How much you wana bet they already have all 5000 legs done too. i yi yi.

#3398 1 year ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I wanted to give everybody a quick update.
We have been alerted to the issue going on with the legs, and are working hard to come up with a solution that will resolve this issue. We have the supplier involved and are working internally on this also.
We strive to deliver the highest quality games to you with no issues. We stand behind our games, and will get this resolved as soon as possible.

What can be done for those of us with ruined decals? Seems like we are screwed cause who is going to replace their decals? No one.......

#3405 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did u submit a formal ticket ? I totally agree that removing and installing decals is a total pain in the ass so very few will go through the effort. Unfortunately CGC doesn't have many options in remedying the problem. It will be interesting to see how they resolve the issue.

oh I guess I'll open a ticket, but we all know where this is going. Legs and Decals. Meh

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Jeez… your negative…. What either manufactur comes into a chat and personally responds to you about your problem. Also what other manufacturer owns ip to thier issues.
There maybe issues here, but the way CGC is handling it… i will be a customer for life!

Yep. I am negative. I know my game will have ruined decals for life. Just the way it is. Can't sugar and spice it any different. It is what it is.
Glad LE folks won't have the issue though. So thats a small ray of sunshine on my rainy day.

#3426 1 year ago
Quoted from Beez:

I heard the mantis replacement work ... keep you posted .. I ordered them today for my CCr that is being delivered next week.

They won't be enough. Even with 2 metal spacers the bend in the leg was too much and still would cut into the decal. I had to bend the leg AND use double metal spacers. The Mantis is only marginally thicker than the stock ones, won't help much.

#3440 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Technically the legs are not defective, they are made to B/W original specification.
Choose a colour you like and grab a set, life wlll be good again .
ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

They are not made to specification. Like at all. They are bent way the fuck out of wack.
How can you even say this?!?!?

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Again sorry to hear this and I understand your anger.
See post 3442
Honestly if they were that bad why would you install them in the first place ?

I’ve never had to check the legs before installing them, so silly me for not checking them with a square before installing them. Unless you look closely it’s not that obvious they are bent badly.
Why are you trying to defend these obviously defective legs anyways?
Do you work for JJP? Owners fault………..

#3453 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I do not work for JJP or CGC.
CGC has integrity and has acknowledged an issue.
JJP never had the balls to do this.
Be reasonable, have a little patience and this will all be sorted out.

Yep. It will get all sorted out so future games won’t have ruined decals.
Unfortunately for me mine are ruined for life. There is no way to fix other than replace the decals which would be on me to do and I am not going to tackle that. So, this game has ruined decals for life. Thats my point and why I am a negative bitter person right now.

#3457 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

These problems with legs were discussed in the R&M thread ( worth searching ).
It's a real pain indeed to have this on new games.
Clearly the plastic/metal/mantis leg protectors that are screwed to the cabinet work.....
But maybe CGC need to make them even thicker than the mantis ones to allow the legs to have enough room not to touch the cabinet?

They would have to be REALLY THICK, we’re talking 1/4” thick or more. They legs are bent way out of wack

#3477 1 year ago

As I wake up this morning I realize I am still bitter. Bitter about my ruined decals. Yep, I am still bitter about it.

#3506 1 year ago

BTW I am not a hysterical dope. I am just disappointed something as dumb as defective legs ruined my cabinet decals.
In the grand scheme of life, does this matter? No. But in terms of my $8000 game, yes its disappointing and I am bitter about it. Did it ruin my weekend? Hell no.

#3536 1 year ago

Love all the advice on how to cover up our damaged games. Doesn't change the fact that they are damaged, and it pisses me off. Ruined for life over stupid defective legs. Yes, still bitter.

#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I must be looking at the situation all wrong. Silly me. Here I sit thinking I should be counting my blessings that I can even afford to have 10 pinball machines in my home. Much less, 17.... Life's too short brother. Wait for a resolution from cgc (which they have said is forthcoming), and thank the maker for the good fortune you do have. Especially in these times.

As I’ve said before the resolution will be decals I will never install. So my decals will be ruined forever.
You are right, life is too short. But in terms of this game I am pissed. In terms of my day today, I had a nice day. I’m not saying the decals are ruining my life. I am just saying it pisses me off, which lasts about 3 milliseconds when I look at the game. Then my day goes on just fine.

#3555 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Did you use a rattle gun ? You Possibly over torqued the legs with whatever method you used to installed them.

Ugh, the legs are defective. Severely bent wrong, not obvious when installing them but obvious if you look closely. And no i never over torque the bolts I use a hand wrench and just snug them up. It’s funny how everyone wants to blame anything except what it is. Fucking defective fucking legs.

#3558 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Damn man, I'm picking up my game tmrw, you're bringing me down . But, why not just sell it and buy another one, now knowing how to hopefully prevent? Would be worth it to me if I had your damage.

You’ll love your game and you get the benefit of knowing about the leg issue before hand so you can check them out good before you install them.

#3563 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

But zero onus on the person with no clue installing them ? Really, none of this is your fault ? I check every time I install legs; seems like you just got over excited and missed checking a crucial step in prepping your game & now trying to blame everyone/everything else but yourself !

Give me a fucking break dude. Who checks their legs for square before installing them?!?!? No one!
I’ve opened 25+ NIB games and defective legs have never crossed my mind.
Will I check them now after this, YES. But like literally, checking your legs for squareness has never been on anyone’s checklist ever. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

#3565 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Done anything to prevent further damage?

Do you read anything, or just spout off nonsense?
I already said I added additional metal spacers and bent the bad crimps back as much as I can. The legs no longer touch the decals.
I also never said I wanted the decals, only said that would be what the resolution would be from CGC. Which is why I haven’t bothered opening a ticket cause I don’t want decals I will never install. I will just live with damaged decals.

Not sure which makes me more bitter. My damaged decals or some of you ass hats defending CGC’s defective legs.

#3567 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Why ? Did they tell you that ?
LTG : )

I mean, like thats every manufactures answer to damaged decals. But no, they did not directly say that. But thats what will be offered, I guarantee it. You’re a insider, think there is any other possible resolution? I can’t see them shipping games back and fourth……

#3598 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Because a pinball machine is not a consumer product. It's function(making money on location) is not affected by a scratched decal.

That used to be true. Now they market and cater to collectors and home users. Times have changed my man.

#3652 1 year ago

BTW, leg damage aside. I LOVE MY GAME.
The upgrade are awesome. The playfield is solid. Game is a lot of fun.

1 week later
#3901 1 year ago

Tossed the Brian Allen side art blades on today. They looks awesome!
Still bitter about my ruined cabinet decals though. BITTER

2E8CD2D4-5561-49C8-ACEF-3058AF9CB0FC (resized).jpeg2E8CD2D4-5561-49C8-ACEF-3058AF9CB0FC (resized).jpegCDD3B4AC-F3DD-4106-9610-3B7CFD1574E2 (resized).jpegCDD3B4AC-F3DD-4106-9610-3B7CFD1574E2 (resized).jpegF41881C3-F95A-45B9-BE23-4CA0A7D70E40 (resized).jpegF41881C3-F95A-45B9-BE23-4CA0A7D70E40 (resized).jpeg
#3936 1 year ago

I am happy to say my leg drama is now a thing of the past!

#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did you find a good fix, or just feelin better about it now?

Sold it!

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You going to replace.

Nah. Already beat the game and knowing CGC’s ability to keep time-frames the new code will be a long time away. Think this game has run through my system completely. Fastest game ever in and out! Too shallow. Leg debacle ruined any remaining scraps of interest I had for the game.
It’s a cute game, but meh.

#3951 1 year ago

This is more boring than my great leg debacle. Barely, but slightly more boring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maxisdead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=maxisdead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.