(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 308.
#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from davej:

Like others I waited over 2 years for my MMRLE, just settling in on this one. It will be here when it gets here. Not much to do about it.

Yep. My life ain’t stopping and I ain’t dropping.

CGC is right on their schedule. Welcome to the big wait.

I’m really enjoying the ‘gotta have it now’ crowds out there.

#2602 1 year ago

SE now LE later

#2603 1 year ago
Quoted from davej:

Like others I waited over 2 years for my MMRLE, just settling in on this one. It will be here when it gets here. Not much to do about it.

I'm in the same boat. I know my CCrLE will be worth the wait. CGC makes the highest quality pins on the market.

#2604 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

That makes sense when it was just the LE. But now that there is the SE+ it doesnt matter. Might as well sell more toppers.

If we can take the poll in this thread as a guide, the SE+ is the least popular model which doesn’t look like it will come close to exceeding the initial allocation (believed to be no more than 1250). Maybe this changes after LEs are out and there is more player experience with the toppers and/or distributors have ready stock of SE+ models, but otherwise it doesn’t look like the desire for toppers matched the FOMO outrage we saw during toppergate.

#2605 1 year ago

It's sort of convenient that they have enough parts to pump out entire SEs indefinitely but not parts for the LE after all this time. I mean... They know that the LE buyers are locked in, so why wouldn't they make and sell as many SEs as possible to people who will buy anything available right now before moving on the LEs? That's what I would do.

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I highly doubt the only thing their waiting for is topper parts.

Ok. I’ll bite. What else do you think they are waiting for?

#2607 1 year ago

Maybe LE will come with the new code?

#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If we can take the poll in this thread as a guide, the SE+ is the least popular model which doesn’t look like it will come close to exceeding the initial allocation (believed to be no more than 1250). Maybe this changes after LEs are out and there is more player experience with the toppers and/or distributors have ready stock of SE+ models, but otherwise it doesn’t look like the desire for toppers matched the FOMO outrage we saw during toppergate.

I tried to order an LE but couldn't get one. It wasn't just because of the topper, but because of all the features offered on the LE. When they offered the SE+ for the same price as the LE, I thought that was a crappy deal for anyone that wanted to get an LE, so of course I declined that offer. I think the entire thing was handled so poorly that I didn't even feel like buying an SE. It wasn't JUST the topper. It was telling people they had to pay the same price for the topper as the entire LE package that turned some people off.

#2609 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This +100. Send the fucking games out. Send the toppers later. You’re holding up people’s money CGC.

How much was your deposit? I’m just curious. I’ve seen you mention this a couple of times. My deposit was $1000, which in pinball money isn’t a lot. You’re constantly flipping and selling LEs so I can’t imagine $1000 is that big a deal. Just saying…

#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok. I’ll bite. What else do you think they are waiting for?

I have no clue....could be the apron, powder coating, card board, LE Medallions, Toys, art blades, shakers, speakers, etc....I mean who the hell knows

#2611 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It will not. The upgrade kit will be a separate, optional purchase. The new code will not be sold by itself.

#2612 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It will not.

Also, It sounds like that isn't going to be out for awhile. At least thats the vibe I got from Butch last night

#2613 1 year ago

Sure was a lot of notes on the marksman mode about shooting a cactus in the wind. I hope there is a lot more to the upgraded code than just that. Where is some of the continued code? It was noted additional hardware that would be easy to add or remove but nothing else. Saloon doors? I don’t see how that will make the game any better. It would make getting the Bart Bros harder but really nothing else here. Give us some more meat CGC.

#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:Also, It sounds like that isn't going to be out for awhile. At least thats the vibe I got from Butch last night

The way things are going it might be available by the time LE's ship

#2615 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Also, It sounds like that isn't going to be out for awhile. At least thats the vibe I got from Butch last night

It sounded to me like the updated code would come after all the games were made (ie end of 2023).

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have no clue....could be the apron, powder coating, card board, LE Medallions, Toys, art blades, shakers, speakers, etc....I mean who the hell knows

So your original post was just another faceless shot at CGC furthering your apparent obsession at telling everyone how slowly they produce games and that we’ll be all waiting for years. Got it.

It’s a good thing you like their games.

#2617 1 year ago

More CCR production pics from the seminar. I still can’t believe the host cut Butch off when he announced he had more cool stuff to show from the factory. Unbelievable!
AF088270-76A0-4C50-95E2-C1E3173AFFD5 (resized).jpegAF088270-76A0-4C50-95E2-C1E3173AFFD5 (resized).jpegD0B977BB-7197-45B4-9B6E-F35444A6290D (resized).jpegD0B977BB-7197-45B4-9B6E-F35444A6290D (resized).jpeg554A6851-D731-4D3F-94C0-F612A92BB35A (resized).jpeg554A6851-D731-4D3F-94C0-F612A92BB35A (resized).jpeg0FE6F790-6E71-4C6A-9750-0FEE00C5EC7B (resized).jpeg0FE6F790-6E71-4C6A-9750-0FEE00C5EC7B (resized).jpeg1E6A8DE0-973B-421A-B9BF-5B770594F01B (resized).jpeg1E6A8DE0-973B-421A-B9BF-5B770594F01B (resized).jpegC1A1B2F4-C01F-47EA-AEC6-E15509B0D443 (resized).jpegC1A1B2F4-C01F-47EA-AEC6-E15509B0D443 (resized).jpegADE5B088-DDAC-4009-910A-3308DBD3A2C9 (resized).jpegADE5B088-DDAC-4009-910A-3308DBD3A2C9 (resized).jpegC0DCEF64-C790-4D98-9924-CF4848FF8BC0 (resized).jpegC0DCEF64-C790-4D98-9924-CF4848FF8BC0 (resized).jpeg

#2618 1 year ago

A couple months ago I got the impression the kit could be announced late this year but I’d be (pleasantly) surprised to see anything released in 2022.

#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sure was a lot of notes on the marksman mode about shooting a cactus in the wind. I hope there is a lot more to the upgraded code than just that. Where is some of the continued code? It was noted additional hardware that would be easy to add or remove but nothing else. Saloon doors? I don’t see how that will make the game any better. It would make getting the Bart Bros harder but really nothing else here. Give us some more meat CGC.

There is significant “meat” in the upgrade from what we already know. And we don’t know all that much. There are elements from Continued but not Cowboys vs Aliens and the tribute modes. There’s a whole section on the upgrade kit in the FAQ which will be updated as we learn more.

It’s pretty clear the upgrade is going to be a “must have” for most owners.

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s pretty clear the upgrade is going to be a “must have” for most owners

I agree, completely with this statement...
The concern with CGC... Is when have?

#2621 1 year ago

Yeah I am guessing summer of 2023 for the new code release.

#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah I am guessing summer of 2023 for the new code release.

Probably at the earliest.

#2623 1 year ago

Mezelmods train tracks and bullet posts installed today!

#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Pretty sure the shooting a cactus in the wind is the marksman mode in the current new code

#2625 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I tried to order an LE but couldn't get one. It wasn't just because of the topper, but because of all the features offered on the LE. When they offered the SE+ for the same price as the LE, I thought that was a crappy deal for anyone that wanted to get an LE, so of course I declined that offer. I think the entire thing was handled so poorly that I didn't even feel like buying an SE. It wasn't JUST the topper. It was telling people they had to pay the same price for the topper as the entire LE package that turned some people off.

Compared to a Stern Premium at $8900 without a topper, the SE+ at $9250 is a bargain. I agree it's a hard pill to swallow for those that wanted an LE, but I think the topper games will be more valuable once CC is out of production.

#2626 1 year ago

One thing I thought was interesting from the seminar was that they actually admitted that Lyman was the one that actually finished the game I never heard that being public before. I don't know if anyone else picked up on that or I missed it earlier but it was always hush hush for some reason.

#2627 1 year ago

I took delivery of my SE May 24. It took me two hours to get the machine up the four front porch steps, through the door and setup in the game room. I’ve found the laws of physics and leverage to be my friend. (Irrelevant full disclosure: I’m a 66 year old fart with a heart condition, bad back, arthritis, etc who put his wants aside while putting others first most of his life and now enjoys a hobby that many might think he is too old for.)

I’ve experienced no mechanical issues with the machine so far. The only physical issue was the plastic channel the playfield glass fits under at the top end of the machine was slightly bowed down so it was difficult to slide the glass in risking cracking the channel. Using a heat gun I gently warmed the channel to relax it a bit and no longer have the problem.

The only other issues I’ve had was having the ball get stuck in several places. It has not gotten stuck next to Bart as it has for others, but it has gotten stuck several times behind the wire gate in front of Bart. The gate seemed a little stiff so I worked it a bit to loosen it up and the ball no longer gets stuck there.

A slow moving ball can get stuck just inside the left side of the mine when it is in the lowered position. The machine is level so I may need to do a slight mod so the ball can no longer get stuck in that little corner.

A slow ball can also get stuck in the gap in the out hole hole protector. I forcefully pushed the metal edge of the protector down and the microscopic difference stopped the ball from getting stuck. I may dremmel that a bit to smooth out the metals edge though.

As far as mods go, I modified some HO scale train parts and added railroad tracks under the train including a bit of trestle and a tunnel. It’s still a work in progress needing some adjustment and paint.

I have the Laseriffic topper. It doesn’t interact with the game, but it’s more cost effective. It looks nice, but it’s clear plexiglass and needed something so I printed out cartoon pictures of western town buildings and simply taped them behind the plexiglass as an experiment. I feel it added that needed something. (I noticed the mountains on my topper are flipped around, but it matters not.)

My Flyland Designs art blades will arrive this week. It’s the first time I decided to add blades to one of my games and I felt these looked the best with the most detail.

I’ve really been enjoying the game. No shots are too difficult and the rules aren’t overly complicated. Buying a new machine is a big decision and I have no regrets with this one.

IMG_0188 (resized).jpgIMG_0188 (resized).jpgIMG_0190 (resized).jpgIMG_0190 (resized).jpghole protector (resized).jpghole protector (resized).jpgtopper (resized).jpgtopper (resized).jpg
#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

One thing I thought was interesting from the seminar was that they actually admitted that Lyman was the one that actually finished the game I never heard that being public before. I don't know if anyone else picked up on that or I missed it earlier but it was always hush hush for some reason.

They've said this before.

Lyman didn't finish it by himself though. CGC has someone who did a lot, if not the majority of the work on completing the code on the game the finished code. Lyman definitely contributed though. He has a bigger contribution to the upcoming code though.

I forgot his last name, but I believe his name is Sam. I believe he deserves most the credit for the finished code.

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I took delivery of my SE May 24. It took me two hours to get the machine up the four front porch steps, through the door and setup in the game room. I’ve found the laws of physics and leverage to be my friend. (Irrelevant full disclosure: I’m a 66 year old fart with a heart condition, bad back, arthritis, etc who put his wants aside while putting others first most of his life and now enjoys a hobby that many might think he is too old for.)
I’ve experienced no mechanical issues with the machine so far. The only physical issue was the plastic channel the playfield glass fits under at the top end of the machine was slightly bowed down so it was difficult to slide the glass in risking cracking the channel. Using a heat gun I gently warmed the channel to relax it a bit and no longer have the problem.
The only other issues I’ve had was having the ball get stuck in several places. It has not gotten stuck next to Bart as it has for others, but it has gotten stuck several times behind the wire gate in front of Bart. The gate seemed a little stiff so I worked it a bit to loosen it up and the ball no longer gets stuck there.
A slow moving ball can get stuck just inside the left side of the mine when it is in the lowered position. The machine is level so I may need to do a slight mod so the ball can no longer get stuck in that little corner.
A slow ball can also get stuck in the gap in the out hole hole protector. I forcefully pushed the metal edge of the protector down and the microscopic difference stopped the ball from getting stuck. I may dremmel that a bit to smooth out the metals edge though.
As far as mods go, I modified some HO scale train parts and added railroad tracks under the train including a bit of trestle and a tunnel. It’s still a work in progress needing some adjustment and paint.
I have the Laseriffic topper. It doesn’t interact with the game, but it’s more cost effective. It looks nice, but it’s clear plexiglass and needed something so I printed out cartoon pictures of western town buildings and simply taped them behind the plexiglass as an experiment. I feel it added that needed something. (I noticed the mountains on my topper are flipped around, but it matters not.)
My Flyland Designs art blades will arrive this week. It’s the first time I decided to add blades to one of my games and I felt these looked the best with the most detail.
I’ve really been enjoying the game. No shots are too difficult and the rules aren’t overly complicated. Buying a new machine is a big decision and I have no regrets with this one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good!

Richard

#2630 1 year ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like that trestle look on the tracks!

#2631 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Maybe it should. as a thanks for your patience gesture

#2632 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Godzilla is my first Stern. A dream theme, for me. It really is a fun, fast game and shoots great. I am mostly a B/W guy. I love Godzilla and it needs alot of mods to make it look as nice as it plays.

The only reason I have not jumped on one myself is I think it might be one of the few to drop in price in a few years, so JP will be the stern for now I am adding, even though I enjoy GZ more.

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

CGC apparently debated that internally for a while. When I first learned of what Lyman did with the base code (e.g. what ships with the game) it was obvious to me that CGC did not want that known publicly (at least at the time). I haven’t seen the latest presentation but I guess they decided to ack Lyman’s full contribution to the game. I suspect the hesitation was that they either didn’t want to be seen as ginning sales because “it’s Lyman’s last game” or fearing it would somehow take away from his work on the upgrade code.

Kudos to CGC; I’m glad they gave credit to Lyman (not to take away from the rest of the team), even though I got the impression Lyman wanted to play down his contribution.

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I forgot his last name, but I believe his name is Sam.

Sam Zehr. Without Sam, there would be no CGC code as we know it.

#2635 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sure was a lot of notes on the marksman mode about shooting a cactus in the wind. I hope there is a lot more to the upgraded code than just that. Where is some of the continued code?

Yeah, I wondered about this too. There's all ready a marksman mode in the current CGC code. Where if you hit the main shot, you blow up the Cactus, but if you hit a left or right lit-shot, then you just blow off some of the side branches/stalks. So I'm not sure how the Lyman version will be different, as what Butch talks about sounds an awful lot like what's all ready in the game.

#2636 1 year ago

Just about 12 hours away from my cactus delivery!
I’ll play the snot out of it and eventually some day one with a topper will show up at my door

#2637 1 year ago

CCr SE is officially included in the Top 100 list.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2638 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Get ready for all the 5.5 to 6.5's with out a comment coming in the next 72 hours from ppl that haven't played it! That's always tough to watch but It's going to eventually settle in way above the original CGC made such a fantastic game here!

#2639 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Same issue - almost of all my hex posts are super tarnished and the rubber isn’t in the best shape either.

Oh man I thought this was just a JJP issue

Chinese shit plating, oh man sucks

JJP rails all going to shit as well.

I really hope CGC can engage a solid plating process.

So crazy how hard to get anything done right these days.
Breaks my heart.

#2640 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Cool!

#2641 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Wow - now that's more like it!

Personally, I would rank MM above CC...but that's without experiencing the CC topper and eventual 2.0 software. Perhaps those 2 things will propel it past MM for me.

#2642 1 year ago

It’s too bad it’s tied together with the original as there are enough changes with the remake that should make a difference. And what do you do when the upgrade kit comes out? Do we have Pinside create a Cactus Canyon Remake Upgraded entry?

#2643 1 year ago
A (resized).jpegA (resized).jpegB (resized).jpegB (resized).jpegC (resized).jpegC (resized).jpeg
#2644 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!!!!!

#2645 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Theres a package at your front door. (just in case you missed it with the big package)

#2646 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s too bad it’s tied together with the original as there are enough changes with the remake that should make a difference. And what do you do when the upgrade kit comes out? Do we have Pinside create a Cactus Canyon Remake Upgraded entry?

I prefer that they tie the similar games together. If each game with any kind of tweak to the playfield had it's own spot, on the list, that list would be pretty unruly...

As far as, "what do you do when the upgrade kit comes out", Other manufacturers have had upgrade kits that have had extra code and they don't get their own spot. Such as the JP topper, which included it's own mode. Plus, things like CCC, Rudy's Nightmare, & BoP 2.0. Don't get their own spots.

I don't think Pinside will (or should) separate the upgrade kit from the base game.

EDIT: Everything I said here isn't true.

#2647 1 year ago

BoP 2.0 does.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/bride-of-pinbot-20/ratings

Currently at #74

4A81E657-88A0-49EA-95A6-77D4A242A887 (resized).png4A81E657-88A0-49EA-95A6-77D4A242A887 (resized).png
#2648 1 year ago

That is very interesting. Apparently, I was very wrong.

I guess a case could be made for the Cactus Canyon Extended code to be it's own entry altogether.

Thanks for sharing!

#2649 1 year ago

Yea, but... BoP2.0 and Rudy's Nightmare are different in many ways other than just code and they were made by different companies than the original manufacturer.

I think the case for CC [enhanced] to be listed separately isn't quite as strong.

#2650 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yea, but... BoP2.0 and Rudy's Nightmare are different in many ways other than just code and they were made by different companies than the original manufacturer.
I think the case for CC [enhanced] to be listed separately isn't quite as strong.

I personal don't see much of a difference with what Dutch Pinball did compared to what CGC is doing.

They're both third parties licensing the old Williams properties from Planetary. They both changed out the operating system, added a new display and new code. They did all this while supporting the original game too.

It seems like everything BoP 2.0 did to distinguish itself from BoP, CGC has also done. Plus CGC is adding other things like Topper Mini games and whatever the additional hardware is with the enhanced code.

Why do you think BoP 2.0 did differently that CCr Enhanced isn't going to do?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.