(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,415 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 309.
#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:If it’s actually on the game and not referencing the actual pinball shot I may reconsider. But it doesn’t make sense (to me) a character in the game would think of the Cactus Canyon train station as the Trick Shot train station. Maybe I just have a mental block about it.

In my eyes, Cactus Canyon Train Station would not work as the station on the left of the playfield already has Cactus Canyon on it.

Hence, it needed a different name. Them using what is on the playfield to tie the shot to the station was a good decision in my book. I wouldn't have wanted them to pick out some random Western name, like Tumbleweed/Moonshine/Rattlesnake/Bronco/Sharpshooter Train Station.

Also, Trick Shots are a pretty common thing in westerns. So it fits the theme well.

#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

In my eyes, Cactus Canyon Train Station would not work as the station on the left of the playfield already has Cactus Canyon on it.
Hence, it needed a different name. Them using what is on the playfield to tie the shot to the station was a good decision in my book. I wouldn't have wanted them to pick out some random Western name, like Tumbleweed/Moonshine/Rattlesnake/Bronco/Sharpshooter Train Station.
Also, Trick Shots are a pretty common thing in westerns. So it fits the theme well.

Holy shit! They should have named it the $150 train station! It looks great, but, dammit man....

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:SE delivered today
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!!

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Congratulations! Would you mind taking a picture of the area to the left side of Bart on your machine? I'm curious about how the plate he's mounted to sits on your newer build machine. Thanks!

Yeah, let’s figure this out.

Richard

#2454 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I would have just left the name off entirely (actually the entire sign). I’m sure it’ll be fine for many but I’ll probably just get the smaller building.

#2455 1 year ago

Is this just a poor weldment? Rust? ... for a new game should be bright and shiny clean ?

b76be3d7bf611cc7b9ae92244f185948807d0edc (resized).jpgb76be3d7bf611cc7b9ae92244f185948807d0edc (resized).jpg
#2456 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Is this just a poor weldment? Rust? ... for a new game should be bright and shiny clean ?
[quoted image]

It's steel, it discolors when you heat it to the point of melting... I realize there's nothing better to do until we all get our pins but some of this picking of nits seems a tad silly.

#2457 1 year ago

Congratulations! Would you mind taking a picture of the area to the left side of Bart on your machine? I'm curious about how the plate he's mounted to sits on your newer build machine. Thanks!

20220601_002145 (resized).jpg20220601_002145 (resized).jpg20220601_002150 (resized).jpg20220601_002150 (resized).jpg
#2458 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's steel, it discolors when you heat it to the point of melting... I realize there's nothing better to do until we all get our pins but some of this picking of nits seems a tad silly.

I think it's a completely relevant nit.

Yes metal will discolor when heated, but this is not on my other machines, including AFM. It seems substandard, similar to the oxidized metal posts.

Is it normal for a brand new game? Should we just celebrate it?

#2459 1 year ago

Does anyone happen to know if the gun handles have the same specs as the original? Would a mod handle made to fit in the original work in the remake?

#2460 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think it's a completely relevant nit.
Yes metal will discolor when heated, but this is not on my other machines, including AFM. It seems substandard, similar to the oxidized metal posts.
Is it normal for a brand new game? Should we just celebrate it?

Never said it was irrelevant, just tiresome. Buy it if you want to.. or don't.. I guess over the years I've just grown indifferent to all the silly little things in life that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

#2461 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

[quoted image]

That is normal it is discolored from the heat of welding stainless steel. They have two pieces that are on top of each other. When you puddle weld there is one top piece has a hole and the bottom takes more heat to penetrate. They probably could have butt welded it from the other side to avoid any color differences but that would be a huge pain. Either way not rust and you could try to polish it back if you could like.

#2462 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Thank you. Looks like maybe the gap on the left is smaller on your machine than my early April build. Hmmm... Baseplate appears to be the same though.

#2463 1 year ago

Thank you. Looks like maybe the gap on the left is smaller on your machine than my early April build. Hmmm... Baseplate appears to be the same though.

I’m finding it hard to tell as the angle of the pic is not the same.

#2464 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I’m finding it hard to tell as the angle of the pic is not the same.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well. Each picture is at a different angle and picture depth.

#2465 1 year ago

My SE is on a FedEx freight truck bouncing along the road between IL and CO. Monday delivery scheduled 10:30-12:30, then I will unceremoniously open the box, setup the game and then have fun!

#2466 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

My SE is on a FedEx freight truck bouncing along the road between IL and CO. Monday delivery scheduled 10:30-12:30, then I will unceremoniously open the box, setup the game and then have fun!

Nice! Have fun!

Richard

#2467 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Never said it was irrelevant, just tiresome. Buy it if you want to.. or don't.. I guess over the years I've just grown indifferent to all the silly little things in life that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Not referring to the weld discolor, but rusting posts should be expected on a new game? I guess my expectations of new are different than yours.

#2468 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well. Each picture is at a different angle and picture depth.

It might be better to photo it with the ball stuck there, and then we can check to see if a ball will rest in the same area of our machines.

#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Actually…it might be on a train which is more fitting for this game! Chicago to Denver is a big train route for FedEx. My last NIB a couple weeks ago came by rail from Chicago to Henderson. How do I know? It was delayed and I called FedEx and they said the rail yard was slow in releasing the car from the yard to be taken to the distro center in Henderson.

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:Not referring to the weld discolor, but rusting posts should be expected on a new game? I guess my expectations of new are different than yours.

Well, a bit of rust would be in keeping with the theme!

#2471 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, a bit of rust would be in keeping with the theme!

Patina is in these days!

https://patinapowdercoat.com/gallery/

Lots of fun color choices.

#2472 1 year ago

Surprised only 20 some ratings for 500 delivered. If you have played it rate it, curious where it will land.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/cgc-cactus-canyon-classic

#2473 1 year ago

Have to throw out my thanks for the mine cart mod idea. Good excuse to break out the model paints again as well.
20220531_200351 (resized).jpg20220531_200351 (resized).jpg

#2474 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

It might be better to photo it with the ball stuck there, and then we can check to see if a ball will rest in the same area of our machines.

I literally can't stick a ball to the left of Bart due to lack of clearance from the metal plate. I stuck a ball above him.

20220601_134559 (resized).jpg20220601_134559 (resized).jpg20220601_134604 (resized).jpg20220601_134604 (resized).jpg20220601_134615 (resized).jpg20220601_134615 (resized).jpg20220601_134651 (resized).jpg20220601_134651 (resized).jpg
#2475 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

Have to throw out my thanks for the mine cart mod idea. Good excuse to break out the model paints again as well.
[quoted image]

Cool! I want one of those!

#2476 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

[quoted image]

Does the thingiverse file fit the tracks exactly as is or did you have to scale it?

#2477 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

[quoted image]

anyone sell these Ill take one....

Thx
Mike

#2478 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

anyone sell these Ill take one....
Thx
Mike

I posted yesterday a company that will print them on demand, just upload the STL files from thingunivese

#2479 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

[quoted image]

How did you end up mounting it? Double sided tape was only good for a few games then it found its way off.

#2480 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Does the thingiverse file fit the tracks exactly as is or did you have to scale it?

Surprisingly the wheels fits on the tracks without any scaling.

#2481 1 year ago

Quoted from DJY2J:

I literally can't stick a ball to the left of Bart due to lack of clearance from the metal plate. I stuck a ball above him.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take a pic on my machine tonight. I swear rotating Bart about 1/4" counterclockwise would probably fix the issue. IF he can be rotated. I'll try and have a look at that as well.

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Crazy, it really looks it was designed just for CC! Thanks

#2483 1 year ago

Just finished setting up my Cactus Canyon SE!! Build date May 05, 2022 S/N 1647. Picked it up at the shipping location in town because they were planning on delivering it tomorrow, but I will be away supporting the Special Olympics! This game has some great sounds and what a light show!!! Installed the shaker motor that I bought from PinballLife which is nicely integrated into the game as well as the train track mod from ULEK and plastic protectors from Mezel Mods.

My daughter played a few games and the only issue was the ball had an odd bounce of Bart and got stuck at the wire gate just left of him. Looking at the pics from the original game, seems there needs to be a plastic there preventing hang ups. I should have some clear washers for plastic protectors, will see if that helps, at least that is what the old game seemed to have? Other wise, very happy with purchase. And gosh this cabinet is clean with a nice looking bottom, all plywood, not particle board as some of the older games out there.

Well done Chicago Gaming!

8496E764-DFA6-4201-8E28-3E08869A9F16_1_201_a (resized).jpeg8496E764-DFA6-4201-8E28-3E08869A9F16_1_201_a (resized).jpegIMG_7095 (resized).jpegIMG_7095 (resized).jpegIMG_7098 (resized).jpegIMG_7098 (resized).jpeg
#2484 1 year ago

Wow picked mine up today from automated. It’s an absolute blast. The family will enjoy this for years to come. Plays like butter out of the box. Impressive rgb lighting. It’s a beauty

A19021FA-3562-420E-A25D-F1A067CC7A1F (resized).jpegA19021FA-3562-420E-A25D-F1A067CC7A1F (resized).jpeg
#2485 1 year ago

Success! Quick use of the heat gun and made the washer into a nice ramp. No more ball hang ups!

602565D4-1A85-4E24-8CEC-0433DE48D8AD (resized).jpeg602565D4-1A85-4E24-8CEC-0433DE48D8AD (resized).jpeg
#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Success! Quick use of the heat gun and made the washer into a nice ramp. No more ball hang ups!
[quoted image]

Ball hangups are so odd on this game some get them some don't. I really wonder if it depends on setup angle.

On a side not CGC tech got back to me in under 24hours with a question I had. Win!

#2487 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I can also confirm the cart model fits perfectly on the rails with no scaling.

Quoted from Jon9508:

How did you end up mounting it? Double sided tape was only good for a few games then it found its way off.

I'm using some Quakehold museum putty based on recommendations I found sifting through the forums. Just a small amount where each wheel contacts the rail. I've only played probably 10 games with it installed but it's holding so far even with the shaker motor going.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002VA9NA

#2488 1 year ago

Ball hangups are so odd on this game some get them some don't. I really wonder if it depends on setup angle.
On a side not CGC tech got back to me in under 24hours with a question I had. Win!

I didn't start having any issues until after I increased the angle

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

I can also confirm the cart model fits perfectly on the rails with no scaling.

I'm using some Quakehold museum putty based on recommendations I found sifting through the forums. Just a small amount where each wheel contacts the rail. I've only played probably 10 games with it installed but it's holding so far even with the shaker motor going.
amazon.com link »

Thanks. Orderd some.

#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:I didn't start having any issues until after I increased the angle

So did you increase the pitch to add difficulty or just a little more speed?
I've read a few post in here that suggested to add pitch for difficulty but all the default setting are on easy. You can add up to 7 barts and turn all modes all the way up to Extra hard. I find that one day I will do that when my wife starts reaching high noon.

#2491 1 year ago

Quoted from AJC3030:

So did you increase the pitch to add difficulty or just a little more speed?
I've read a few post in here that suggested to add pitch for difficulty but all the default setting are on easy. As others have stated, you can add up to 7 barts and turn all modes all the way up to Extra hard. I find that one day I will do that when my wife starts reaching high noon.
Honestly I don't know if I would ever reach
(High Noon) on Extra hard and nevermind the outlane adjustment.

#2492 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

You had hangups after INCREASING the angle? That seems opposite of what one would assume. I'm not sure what pitch I'm at, but the shots flow nicely, and a bad shot gets rejected on the steeper ramps. So, maybe I'm too steep? I don't know. Still have to get home and poke around.

#2493 1 year ago

You had hangups after INCREASING the angle? That seems opposite of what one would assume. I'm not sure what pitch I'm at, but the shots flow nicely, and a bad shot gets rejected on the steeper ramps. So, maybe I'm too steep? I don't know. Still have to get home and poke around.

Yea I had a new issue start today. The mine will close sometimes and not raise back up .

#2494 1 year ago

So many posts ... thought Richard got his game .

#2495 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Agreed. A little apathy helps a lot.

#2496 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just finished setting up my Cactus Canyon SE!! Build date May 05, 2022 S/N 1647. Picked it up at the shipping location in town because they were planning on delivering it tomorrow, but I will be away supporting the Special Olympics! This game has some great sounds and what a light show!!! Installed the shaker motor that I bought from PinballLife which is nicely integrated into the game as well as the train track mod from ULEK and plastic protectors from Mezel Mods.
My daughter played a few games and the only issue was the ball had an odd bounce of Bart and got stuck at the wire gate just left of him. Looking at the pics from the original game, seems there needs to be a plastic there preventing hang ups. I should have some clear washers for plastic protectors, will see if that helps, at least that is what the old game seemed to have? Other wise, very happy with purchase. And gosh this cabinet is clean with a nice looking bottom, all plywood, not particle board as some of the older games out there.
Well done Chicago Gaming!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Funny, I have the next machine in sequence, #1648, set it up last Friday. Same build date. Great looking game. Lights and sound very good. Play is fast and smooth, a harder game than I anticipated. Probably played 30 games or so, best score so far 117M. Needed one shot to start High Noon and took a fastball right down the middle. There’s been a lot of games where I got my ass handed to me in rude ways.

I had some issues:

1. No power cord (had to cannibalize my MMr, supposedly CGC is sending me one)
2. You might want to check the edges on the lock-down bar. Mine were so sharp I actually cut my finger while playing. (You can’t expect to be in hundreds of gunfights and not get your hair mussed.)
3. Right outlane micro switch actuator was barely above the playfield, and was very sluggish, not moving freely. I removed it and it was fine. Turned out it was screwed on so tightly that the mechanism was binding. Screwed it back on, then backed out the screws slowly until it worked correctly.
4. Balls would hang up to the right and just below the right pop bumper. The metal guide rail there was not securely tightened and ball impacts pushed it to the right making a little nook between the end of the rail where it meets a rubber on a post, and balls would lodge there. The screws are under the center ramp and with just the right screwdriver was able to reposition the rail and tighten it up.
5. I also have the ratty looking sling posts mentioned earlier in the thread - probably wouldn’t ever have noticed them otherwise.

That’s it, pretty minor stuff. Very happy with the game.

Also, moved the shaker from my MMr where it was turned off because it was ridiculously strong, and it is happy and well behaved in CCr. Only other quibble, there’s a slight ball hop on the right flipper, but I don’t think I want to try bending that right inlane guide rail, it’s pretty beefy looking….

460A45D8-3CBF-4189-A297-0A51A578D4AD (resized).jpeg460A45D8-3CBF-4189-A297-0A51A578D4AD (resized).jpeg7012505D-33B6-4BF5-91DB-B89CE5D8AAF2 (resized).jpeg7012505D-33B6-4BF5-91DB-B89CE5D8AAF2 (resized).jpeg
#2497 1 year ago

6.5° pitch. Here's a pic of the ball hangup. Investigating how Bart is attatched now.

20220601_195549 (resized).jpg20220601_195549 (resized).jpg20220601_195607 (resized).jpg20220601_195607 (resized).jpg
#2498 1 year ago

6.5° pitch. Here's a pic of the ball hangup. Investigating how Bart is attatched now.

Sucks, I wonder why your gap is bigger? Can you rotate it like you suggested?

Richard

#2499 1 year ago

Monday seems so far away.

#2500 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Monday seems so far away.

Closer than me!!

Richard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.