(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,404 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by great-hosts
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 309.
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Bart is registering hits at random times,

Check connectors and sensor, be sure nothing came loose.

LTG : )

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check connectors and sensor, be sure nothing came loose.

Thanks . Nothing obvious stood out . Sometimes when a bad guy pops up it also registers a Bart hit and immediately drops back down. Very strange. Or it'll continue trying to eject a ball from Bart even when the ball isn't in there

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Nothing obvious stood out .

Please open a ticket on the website - under Support - Help Desk. So the engineers can look into it.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

This looks fantastic. What color is this and what does powder coating a pin cost?

Every shop is different. My local shop that I use for all my restoration pins charges about $300 to include all side rails, coindoor, hinges, shooter housing, hardware , and legs for a metallic/pearl/etc job. Half that for just one color like gloss black etc.

#2355 1 year ago

Update on my vibrating up/down post. Reassembled it again and now it's fine.

#2356 1 year ago

So what's the overall feeling on gameplay ? Is it a fun game ? A keeper is a small collection ?

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So what's the overall feeling on gameplay ? Is it a fun game ? A keeper is a small collection ?

Simple Rules..Simply Fun. Another great Classic.

#2358 1 year ago

Was able to play CCr the same day as MMr and AFMr. Does anyone else think the flippers feel significantly better on CC than the other remakes? I’ve always found AFMr and MMr flippers to feel “mushy”.

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Was able to play CCr the same day as MMr and AFMr. Does anyone else think the flippers feel significantly better on CC than the other remakes? I’ve always found AFMr and MMr flippers to feel “mushy”.

When I first played MMr many years ago I felt the flippers felt funny/off compared to those on my original HUO MM. I also saw subsequent comments on the subject refuting that there was any difference on a properly maintained game.

If the flippers are significantly better on CCr that’s all I really care about (unless CGC makes more AFMr).

#2360 1 year ago

Played CC for the first time on Thursday night at "The Pyramid Scheme" in Grand Rapids. I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was, and glad to see great build quality from CGC continuing. I even made it to the leader board! I was previously uninterested in owning one, but will have to give it serious thought.

20220526_200740 (resized).jpg20220526_200740 (resized).jpg
#2361 1 year ago

Is anyone in the US who ordered an SE early on (Announcement/November) still waiting for your game?

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I personally never noticed any mushyness on mmr or Afmr. I have a mbr that I love and plays great. Ccr also feels snappy and normal. Just my experience

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:So what's the overall feeling on gameplay ? Is it a fun game ? A keeper is a small collection ?

Perfect for me a nice fan layout, with some extras. Can easily adjust difficulty with playfield angle. I look forward to the strategy that will come with the future LFS/josh code.

#2364 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

My NIB AFMr and MBr both felt great out of the box.
My MMr I got used with about 1500 plays, the flippers didn’t feel as good. So I rebuilt them, changed the spring that pulls them back (previous owner had a spring that was a little to heavy), and spent sometime aligning them correctly. Now they feel great.

Richard

#2365 1 year ago

The previously linked thingiverse minecart mod is freaking awesome!! It fits perfect

52331EB7-470D-422B-9925-DA1B1F335D5B (resized).jpeg52331EB7-470D-422B-9925-DA1B1F335D5B (resized).jpeg
#2366 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

The previously linked thingiverse minecart mod is freaking awesome!! It fits perfect [quoted image]

Any recommendations of who to send the print files to for those without a 3d printer?

#2367 1 year ago

I’d be willing to pay someone to 3D print one for me. The train tracks too please.

#2368 1 year ago

Am I crazy starting to loose interest in this title.

#2369 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Why?

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

I've been down this road twice w/ the CGC remakes (MMr & MBr). It takes 'em a while to get the machines out. What you will get in the end is worth the wait. You'll be getting the best made pin on the market....

***side note***
My wait for the LE is easy for me right now. I'm enjoying the daylights out of my Rush premium.

Dsc_6550_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6550_1 (resized).jpg
#2371 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

seems crazy to me, I love my SE and will sell it when my SE+ arrives. It is a great WPC example with even more to come with future code purchase.

#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

See ya!

#2373 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've been down this road twice w/ the CGC remakes (MMr & MBr). It takes 'em a while to get the machines out. What you will get in the end is worth the wait. You'll be getting the best made pin on the market....
***side note***
My wait for the LE is easy for me right now. I'm enjoying the daylights out of my Rush premium.[quoted image]

Nice!

#2374 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

7551E41A-22C2-406A-A5E2-FE303A070AE8.gif7551E41A-22C2-406A-A5E2-FE303A070AE8.gif
#2375 1 year ago

Has anyone come up with a solid solution to prevent the ball hangup issue to the left of Bart? My game does have the black rubber nipple that is supposed to help, but it doesnt...lol. The ball on mine regularly rests on the gap between the vertical metal, and the metal plate Bart sits on. Ball search will free it, but its annoying, especially when I'm trying to complete a timed mode like polly peril.

#2376 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Has anyone come up with a solid solution to prevent the ball hangup issue to the left of Bart? My game does have the black rubber nipple that is supposed to help, but it doesnt...lol. The ball on mine regularly rests on the gap between the vertical metal, and the metal plate Bart sits on. Ball search will free it, but its annoying, especially when I'm trying to complete a timed mode like polly peril.

I have now played just over 100 games and have not had this problem yet. At what point does it hangup there on a kickout or a shot at bart?

My machine is a little stepper setup, I am now at 7 degrees.

#2377 1 year ago

Ball search will free it, but its annoying, especially when I'm trying to complete a timed mode like polly peril.

That sounds like a software bug. You would think timers would pause during a ball search.

#2378 1 year ago

I'm trying to find a minature toy to put at the end of the tracks . Like a " Polly tied to the tracks " thing lol

#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That sounds like a software bug. You would think timers would pause during a ball search.

Well, I mean while I'm waiting 10 or 12 seconds for ball search to take effect.

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I have now played just over 100 games and have not had this problem yet. At what point does it hangup there on a kickout or a shot at bart?
My machine is a little stepper setup, I am now at 7 degrees.

I have nearly 200 plays and not once has it hung up there. Hope he finds a solution!.

#2381 1 year ago

Right here, this is where the ball gets stuck. Sometimes once a game. This is Bart at his resting position. If the metal baseplate were wider, the gap would be closed. Ball search will clear it.

20220529_184455 (resized).jpg20220529_184455 (resized).jpg
#2382 1 year ago

Maybe it’s made that way to accommodate a future mechanism which will fill the space. What are the predrilled holes for?

#2383 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Maybe it’s made that way to accommodate a future mechanism which will fill the space. What are the predrilled holes for?

There are two pre drilled holes and a third bigger whole, maybe for future wires?

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

There are two pre drilled holes and a third bigger whole, maybe for future wires?

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

There are unused connectors…

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I'm trying to find a minature toy to put at the end of the tracks . Like a " Polly tied to the tracks " thing lol

Runs to look thru daughters polly pocket toys.

#2387 1 year ago

So how much new code is in the game vs the original? How does it compare depth wise to MM? Are there reasons in the code to keep playing this for a long time?

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So how much new code is in the game vs the original?

If you have access to a game. You can check in the adjustments what is all added.

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can check in the adjustments what is all added.

Sorry for the glare. You can get an idea.

DSC00639 (resized).JPGDSC00639 (resized).JPGDSC00640 (resized).JPGDSC00640 (resized).JPGDSC00641 (resized).JPGDSC00641 (resized).JPGDSC00642 (resized).JPGDSC00642 (resized).JPGDSC00643 (resized).JPGDSC00643 (resized).JPGDSC00644 (resized).JPGDSC00644 (resized).JPGDSC00645 (resized).JPGDSC00645 (resized).JPGDSC00646 (resized).JPGDSC00646 (resized).JPG
#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So how much new code is in the game vs the original? How does it compare depth wise to MM? Are there reasons in the code to keep playing this for a long time?

If you like deep rules, like JP, Avengers, or most JJP games, this one ain't for you. It's super fun and flows great, but you will get to High Noon in pretty short order. Personally I prefer those type games. I'd put it a few steps above Scared Stiff difficulty wise. It's probably on par with MM depth wise, although I admit I have limited plays on MM.

#2391 1 year ago

If you like deep rules, like JP, Avengers, or most JJP games, this one ain't for you. It's super fun and flows great, but you will get to High Noon in pretty short order. Personally I prefer those type games. I'd put it a few steps above Scared Stiff difficulty wise. It's probably on par with MM depth wise, although I admit I have limited plays on MM.

I'd agree that it's pretty equal deph wise as MM but getting through and destroying all the castles is alot harder then getting through all the barts. That being said you can add more Barts or adjust how many hits it takes to beat him to increase the difficulty.
In settings you can really make this game tough if you like!

#2392 1 year ago

Right here, this is where the ball gets stuck. Sometimes once a game. This is Bart at his resting position. If the metal baseplate were wider, the gap would be closed. Ball search will clear it.
[quoted image]

I’ve never had a ball get stuck there. Comparing your picture to mine in the picture below, the highlighted gap is much smaller on mine. Looks like that part is on your game is out of spec. Maybe it can be adjusted or modified to close the gap?

03A7052D-E7A8-455B-89BC-CBB0308F50F8 (resized).jpeg03A7052D-E7A8-455B-89BC-CBB0308F50F8 (resized).jpeg
#2393 1 year ago

I guess I’ve got an SE on the way. I hope this was a wise decision. Time shall tell I suppose.

#2394 1 year ago

Does anyone know if CG is still on for June builds for LE's?? I chomping at the bit for my LE to come in.

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I guess I’ve got an SE on the way. I hope this was a wise decision. Time shall tell I suppose.

You guess? Wouldn’t you know?

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You guess? Wouldn’t you know?

I'm confused by this myself..lol
I know my wife and I are having a blast with our CCr but we also know what kind of games we like, so there wasn't any uncertainty with adding a CCr to our collection.
I'm confident that you will be more than happy with this game.

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Does anyone know if CG is still on for June builds for LE's?? I chomping at the bit for my LE to come in.

Nobody has a clue, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few start trickling out in June

#2398 1 year ago

LE’s starting to be built today?

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

LE’s starting to be built today?

As far as anyone knows, they're still building SEs. Based on how we assume their serial numbers work, they already passed the 500 SE initial run and are continuing to build SEs. We probably won't know that they've switched over to LEs until someone gets an invoice.

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

We probably won't know that they've switched over to LEs until someone gets an invoice.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.