FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1434 1 year ago

My thoughts on Bond...

While I love the franchise and am a big fan I just am not jazzed on this one for some reason. I thought the theme would make it an instant buy for me but I have decided to sit on the sidelines for this one. First is the price-this is getting hard to accept-especially above 10k. Second is I feel like this is one that will benefit by waiting it out. I could be wrong but I believe once the dust settles so will the second hand market pricing. I would not mind picking one up down the line for a discount. I do not have the usual fomo feeling of having to have it first. I do think the Pro is going to be what I am leaning towards. Will I miss a little guy going back and forth on a stick-no, will I miss the little scuba diver under the playfield that is barely visible and does not effect game play-no. Will I miss the corkscrew ramp into building?-meh not sure that is worth almost double the price-feel like I would not miss much. I actually dig the nostalgic look and I think they nailed it-so glad it is not like BM66 art. I do think the layout looks solid and it will be a fun shooter. For now I am going to buy another old school Stern and will wait to buy a Pro at a discount later down the road. -Peace out

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why not just wait for the reveal before you convince yourself one way or the other?

I have seen enough with the foggy leaked photos and just am not feeling it for some reason? I am sure it will be a great shooter and will be a fun game-just not jumping in the pool for this one.

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've never understood the "Pro's are better because they are faster" argument

Lots of Pros are better then LE's when it comes to game play. Now this is subjective but I think AC/DC is way better without lower novelty playfiled, I think Metallica is better without huge hammer that disrupts flow, Black Knight novelty upper, Munsters novelty lower, the list goes on and on. Don't convince yourself that LE's are always better-that is a big misconception.

#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Pros Suck...nuff said

These kind of comments remind me of guys game rooms with nothing but new Stern and JJP LE's with toppers. Not sure if they are collectors or blowhards

-Hey look at me

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

If I had unlimited funds LE's are great but I don't have that.

I have heard this comment many a times. Honestly I have the funds but have drawn a line in the sand. I think the SE versions are simply stupid and are fake in terms of collecting. They do help suck monies out of deep pockets. I have sold some LE's to replace with Pro's-again money has little to do with the decision. Does a feature or mech make or break the game? A good example is Led Zeppelin-the game is so much better with main center spinner mech, Mando-upper makes the game, Jurassic Park-moving T-rex head and gate-no not a big deal and prefer pro-plays fantastic.

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Maybe an extra mech someone mentioned a briefcase mech?

Or maybe just covered in sparkly lipstick with a little fake numbered plaque-super limited!

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from ArtPylon:

When are they going to stop with the old
man themes!

As soon as the millenniums are able to move out of their parents homes-the time could be soon?

#1481 1 year ago

Fast and Furious-what ever happened to that supposed license? I heard chatter about that like 5 years ago-may be that ship has sailed for that franchise?

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

It became Mustang

I think Mustang was its own-helped by corporate funding as advertising from Ford motor-I think there was talk of FF after Mustang

#1490 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

and I think those 2 mechs make the game and give it the wow factor
different flavors for your taste

Yes JP is very subjective and most people absolutly want the moving T-Rex head. It never really impressed me and I felt-been there done that with my Data East version that slows flow for the 'show'. I have seen enough show and prefer flow. The raptor gate is cool but not a mech that makes or breaks it. Had an offer to trade an LE for my Pro and decided it was not worth it-glad I kept my pro and made it into a Promium.

#1495 1 year ago

Guy on stick goes back and forth so you can control to drop a ball on the target-why does this sound lame to me(nightmares of Johnny Mnemonic in my head) Ahhhhhh the horror

#1496 1 year ago

I just want to say I think it is a good thing that Stern delayed the release out of respect for the Queen-Kudos Stern.

-Rip Queen Elizabeth-you will be missed

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

to do with a symbolic leader's passing

One of the most influential dominant figures passes away and a company out of respect postpones their release-this gets my respect.

Keep in mind the commonwealth is much larger than just British, etc. many countries have a direct connection

Again-kudos to Stern

#1738 1 year ago

Stern has so many distributors now-every LE will sell out-sold through allocation

Seems like lots of 'limited' games have taken a considerable hit with depreciation recently. Halloween, Ultra, and Toy Story come to mind. Like $2000 hits-ouch.
Maybe Bond will be the beezneez and go up but my prediction is after the dust settles so will second hand pricing(just a guess-could be wrong).

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

It depends, if it’s great it’ll keep its value

You are absolutely correct. A good game will carry itself. My concern is the theme and art package etc. Will it make a connection with everyone or only a certain niche. I just have a feeling if I wait it out on this one it may be worth it? I probably would go Pro and those are mainly for operators on first run-so I can wait and get to play it first-then make an educated decision. No more jumping in the pool blind(well unless it is BTTF)

#1745 1 year ago

When Mando first pics got released-I ripped the LE up and down. I really do not care for mini novelty playfields-like AC/DC,etc. I love pass through uppers like Wh20 and Simpsons. Well after seeing the upper rotates and adds a whole other dimension to game play I was sold and now-I find it to be one of the most entertaining mini playfields. So I did eat some crow for sure. Now this one I feel is different because of the jetpack reminiscent of Rescue 911 helicopter( just another reused old mech?). I keep trying to picture in my head the action and how it may be enjoyable? I could be wrong and be eating some more crow(it is tasty) but kinda scratching my head still.

#1748 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've cracked the case again!

Oh Levi is at his antagonistic shenanigans again today!

I do feel sorry for the little bird that squawks all day couped up in his NYC bird cage.

#2610 1 year ago

I think I am starting to enter the next stage of collecting. No longer am I feeling this urge to have to have it now. My FOMO is fading away-like a fart in the wind. I keep thinking to myself-are you done with FOMO? Then the little devil on my shoulder says no-there may still be a few themes out there that would bring back the FOMO. I ask myself-what may bring back this FOMO feeling I have felt for so long? BTTF, and Beetlejuice will bring the FOMO back! Well what about Harry Potter-meh, Jaws-meh, Pulp Fiction-meh, rethemed 40 year old single level game-meh. Seems like very few themes are getting me jazzed nowadays.

Pro looks like it will have some good flow-looking forward to video this week

#2612 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm a little disapointed they went with a basic plunger instead of the Walter PPK on Golden Eye

I don't know I may be in the minority but some of the guns protruding outwards are almost more of a hazard than they are worth. The novelty factor wears off quickly-while the bruises you receive on your hip from hitting the gun walking by it-takes weeks to heal. I can't tell you how many times I have ran into the protruding guns on games and then end up screaming profanities.

#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

preferably to people here in CO

Hey dog, I will be listing my CQ Gladiators(previously owned by the man himself-Odin) and you get first dibs . I really do not want to sell it-but other games are inbound.

#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

In a similar situation, the trailer hitch on my Yukon is an undefeated 54-0 vs my shins.

That made me laugh-and when you hit your shins-that pain is like no other. I don't know why but Indiana Jones gun would always get me-doh!

#2625 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Unless you do something cool with the gun during gameplay it's useless.

I recently added the Stern Jurassic Park amber light up rod and I thought afterwards-it almost sticks out too much. It is super cool-so I kept it

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Unless you do something cool with the gun during gameplay it's useless.

Ok, ok, ok, ok I will admit-I do like the gun interaction with T3-(shoot here-shoot here )

-But if it is just to launch a ball-no

-Cool video hurry up modes like Hogan's Alley-maybe

ok ok ok (resized).jpgok ok ok (resized).jpg

#2637 1 year ago

I am somewhat new here-quick question-when you buy a Kapow game do you have the option of KY or Vaseline? I want to make sure I choose correctly

#2642 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Don't forget the optional grade of sand with your decision!

STTNG Ay Caramba (resized).jpgSTTNG Ay Caramba (resized).jpg
#2645 1 year ago

Mr. Pinside antagonist aka 'The big bully'

You must be in a competition with sadsack or something?

I recommend a good book-it is called the Secret-may help give you some positive vibes so you do not feel the need to go around belittling people everyday-lighten up Francis or continue your squawking

#2648 1 year ago

Polly want a cracker?

#2649 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I recommend the following..!

No Pain-No Gain!

That shit made my day-time to work

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

if that lowered and raised with some pulsating red lights, wow.

Yes with the right sounds and lighting it could be really cool. I am thinking TNA reactor beacon and sounds with a little Ghostbusters style blare. Could be excellent

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

So how soon should the LEs ship if ordered tomorrow???

I would guess within a week or so after announcement. Then small run of Pros for OP's then a first Premium run followed by another pro run. Question is-did Stern finally start to get caught up with dealer backorders for other titles?

#2835 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

People are still waiting for Godzilla, etc.

That Godzilla sold like hot cakes for Stern. Wonder how many units they sold for Godzilla for just last year? People waiting 6 months plus to get one. Has to be one of Stern's most successful titles recently. Overall I wonder what games sold the best in recent years for Stern?

#1. Godzilla?
#2. Ghostbusters?
#3. Metallica?

#3194 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

out as both a flipper

This could be a risky flip for flippers? Toy Story burned many flipsters(hey I made up a new catch phrase) and they may be more cautious. I like the contact for pricing bit-that leaves the door open for baiting enthusiast for top dollar-make me holler!

#3247 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I think this might be my last one

connery-laugh.gifconnery-laugh.gif
#3271 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many days after a reveal do people switch from praising a game to bashing it?

-Three days

how many.gifhow many.gif
#3278 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the jetpack seems dumb

-But it magnetically moves the ball!

#3291 1 year ago

Pro is looking more and more like the way to go on this one. Someone needs to get started on a cool alternate translight(cough John-get to work-serious) and changing out backbox trim.

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Pro (First build likely for commercial locations only Early November - Second build April)

Seems weird with this timeline? Usually Stern shits out games the same week and they are on location within days after reveal? Does this mean we have another month of just talking about 007-holy shit storm batman!

#3320 1 year ago

I still am having difficulty understanding how they are tacking on shipping charges on top of MSRP? Seriously $400 to ship a $13000 game-sorry but I think that is BS

#3323 1 year ago

Bond on a wand-classic!

I thought Mick on a stick was clever-who knew?

#3327 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I still am having difficulty understanding how they are tacking on shipping charges on top of MSRP? Seriously $400 to ship a $13000 game-sorry but I think that is BS

-Plus taxes that we did not used to have to pay-ouch

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

What's with the Dildo on the top left of playfield?

People keep saying that but it actually is going to be probably one of the best features in this game? Imagine the balls locked for multi-ball and red lights start blinking on and off and a siren sounds with missile launch type command. Could be stellar-time will tell
Hopefully my imagination will not disappoint

#3344 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Typical Gomez layout, clunky, and stop and go

I would not discount Gomez. His designs are stop and go but they are unique and far from fan layout. Avengers is one of his best games made(once Hulk gets dialed in). I like the depth factor, the dual ramps, the missile(is cool imo), but the jetpack does look lame-a swing and a miss

#3347 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$400 to ship a pinball machine is pretty normal.

I am not questioning the cost-just spent $630 two days ago

What I am questioning is why charge shipping now in addition to? Do they not have enough already built into overpriced MSRP? This has been recent-like last year or so. Feel it is a little greedy and different from the way it used to be

#3354 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

avengers is not one of the best anythings by anyone

We can agree to disagree-one man's trash is another man's treasure

Bring on the downvotes! I would take my Avengers LE over Deadpool any day of the week (;

#3357 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

The missile should have raised from the play-field.

If they get the sounds and lighting effects correct-it may not need to move. Let's not start the does the Missile move? Had enough with people trying to make Grogu move.

#3362 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It shows the rocket (not missile)

Rocket-Missile-same thing
Let's just hope it's not Russian

#3370 1 year ago

You guys are kinda slacking today? Where are all of the best catch phrases? I have only heard two so far? C'mon guys lets step it up-need more cowbell.

Bond on a wand and James Dong-what else you got?

#3393 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It’s more like a plastic rocket, probably on some sort of spring that’s actuated and the rockets vibrates/shakes

It will depend how they tie it into sounds and lighting. I am thinking Ghostbusters Storage facilty multi-ball style action? Hopefully so

Go to 1:10 minute in this video to see Storage Facility example...

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LE hasn't been "Worth it" in over a decade

I hear ya-but I do think my LZ LE was worth it-also love my Mando LE-both bought for under 10k new shipped with taxes

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One pin you’re shooting an anus

I thought we came to the conclusion that it resembled a vagina and not an anus-I could be totally wrong

#3417 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

But have you watched the Stern 007 video?

Just watched it. I see what you are saying but if they stall the sequence and add sounds and lighting-could be cool. Alright I am just going to say that after watching the video that jetpack looks super cheesy. The little plastic figurine under window is cute. Seriously wondering if Gomez rushed this one out taking over for Steve. Usually Gomez has cool mechs-but I am just not seeing it on this table. Hoping Dwight's ruleset will save this game and peak my interest.

#3429 1 year ago

Will wait to play the Pro but for now I am out

Im out (resized).jpgIm out (resized).jpg
#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

We had fun discussing Bond tonight

You guys made some good points-I agree with David on the cost pricing analysis.

Everyone seems goo goo over the 'Toys' and that is where I am not as impressed. The eject mech fits the theme but it is not interactive and is just a cheap die-cast car with a roof flap cut out. The jetpack(bond on a wand) fits the theme but will it really have any strategy. I do not believe it will go past tank because they would not want the ball dropping on top of other parts that could break. Even if you can control it with flippers-looks linear and may be just a flow killer. Scuba Diver under window fits the theme but again not interactive and mainly for show. The rocket is TBD with its interaction and how it is integrated with sounds, lighting, and video. I think for James Bond fans that want the 'show' the Premium/LE may be the route to go. For those who just want more flow and less show(for half the price)-the pro may be the way to go. I do like the dual ramps(probably my favorite part of this game), the combo possibilities and the depth of all the available modes and paths(may be a journey pin). I do love the teal color on LE(very sharp) but I do not like the side blades Stern chose. The LE with the underwater scene is screaming for some underwater scuba diver blades that would tie in better(holy nit picker).

#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Largo’s hydrofoil boat side art

Yea but if someone makes side blades with a full under water scene-it may tie in better with art, etc. The collage seems hodgepodge to me. The 60th edition looks super hodgepodge with collage art. Very busy and not my style

#3917 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

hodgepodge with collage art

Another nitpicking comment I have is I do not like how they chose to do the cabinet art. One side is a movie poster and the is a collage-just looks off to me. Photoshop 101-but I do understand licensing restrictions as well. Well how do you capture all the movies without collage? -Good question

#3922 1 year ago

One thing I can say is literally everyone I know is super excited to eventually get to flip this machine. When Toy Story was released there did not seem to be as much enthusiasm. Seems like lots of new blood is entering the hobby and pinball is starting to make a significant comeback. The pinball juices are flowing

#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

This doesn’t fix the Dbag flipper issue.

Amen brother. How do you fix the flipsters? Jack up your price so there is no meat on the bone left or here is a thought-how about making limited editions unlimited for a certain duration of time and have them reasonably priced-or just continue the artificial collector game.

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

End the distributor network and sell machines factory direct from Stern

Here is where I disagree. I believe the distributors are the back bone for pinball manufacturers. They help promote, market and inform the average consumer and really are responsible for the growth we have seen. I remember back in the day when a few distros helped Stern with purchasing many dog titles and kept them in their stock while Stern struggled to find investors to bail them out. Lots of history and stories with big distros that used to carry Stern. I actually am an advocate to not sell direct and support your local distribution chain.

#3964 1 year ago

What if they were priced at $6500 for pro including shipping

$7200 for premium including shipping

$8995 for LE with free shipping and have them be unlimited for as long as license is held. People who want everything can get it-make everyone happy-why not?

We jumped the shark but is there any way to skip back over the dolphin the opposite direction?

#3982 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Someone is going to have to explain this one to me

It may go over certain peoples heads and that is ok. Think about the ultra broskis driving their Teslas buying nothing but limited editions(oh and they must get the topper!) Seems more like blowhards instead of collectors. Guys with 20-50 plays on machines, do I really need to reiterate my point?

#3995 1 year ago

So is November still when we will see them in the wild? Another month of just talking about it might drive people up the wall

#3997 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

can you recap your "white butthole" campaign. I missed that

Yes no problem. My white butthole campaign was about Stern's useless insider connect annoying qr reader that gums up the apron. It is annoying and I proposed they move it to the coin door. Many have since modded and covered up themselves. Now who is making a mod to go over the white butthole on 007 apron?

#4002 1 year ago

Seems like Bond is going to be a huge hit in Europe like Rush was for Canada

#4005 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I support you in this endeavor!

Sometimes I feel like a one man band-but I do not like to follow the sheep either

#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I couldn't imagine having that white light shining in my house in my own personal arcade and you got all these little lights everywhere

Some people say they dont even notice it, while to me my eye catches it right away and it is distracting. It is not going anywhere anytime soon so it is what it is. Some guys have made some good opaque cover ups that look decent with light illuminating

#4395 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But if you're mooching pinside with no financial support

I used to donate periodically to Pinside back in the day when it was primarily just a hobby based website. Over the years it has turned into a business website capitalizing on market ads. I feel my donations are not as necessary anymore due to the revenue generation for ads, etc. Pinsiders that say people are mooching because they have let their hearts go gray,etc., may not know the true reasoning or history of Pinside. The secret of business is to be in as many pockets as possible-I get it. I also canceled my Spooky fomo fanclub membership, and never got caught up in the Stern Insider fluff n stuff either.

#4416 1 year ago

Going through my movie cabinet last night looking for movies to watch & I went through my 007 collection including every 007 movie. I had a thought of my disappointment for not incorporating some of the newer films-post Connery. Well how could you do that many genres? I think by just having snippets of each era. Feel like if they had the entire catalog available-they should have used it for Pro, Premium, LE instead of Kapow boutique machine. Still am wondering what Steve would have came up with. Would love to see his scrapped design just for shits and giggles.

#4819 1 year ago

I could care less about how fast the flap closes on a $10 die cast toy-meh

What I am concerned about is the jetpack main toy/mech. So far it does nothing and does not look fun or worthy

People saying well Stern knows what they are doing and sorry collectors but take it or leave it. This is a shame watching the hobby head towards this direction. Pinball manufacturers at the end of the day are a business and their focus is to maximize margins and profits-all very well. Now here is my issue with the direction the manufacturers are heading towards trying to capitalize on a high end fake collector market. A perfect example of this is the James Bond 60th anniversary edition that is being revealed at Christies in London. What is Christies in London-they are one of the oldest auction houses specializing in auctioning fine art, furniture, jewlery, and wine. Basically a fine art auctioneer. Have we come to the point now where pinball is more of an 'art' piece and companies now want to make limited runs of art to sell?

I am turned off by Stern wasting another good license to sell as an art piece to high rollers. I feel they really wasted the Beatles license and now I feel like they wasted the 007 license. Bond on a wand or James Dong is not what I envisioned the game to be. I envisioned the game to be a 007 that incorporates all of the Bond films and would have truly interactive mechs that actually do something. Don't get me wrong-I am a big fan of good art-but I believe it belongs on a wall-not a pinball auctioned at Christies. Do I wish the manufacturers would just go back to the basics and get rid of the fluff-yes please.

#4828 1 year ago

This games saving grace will come down to how fun it is to flip. Will it be a deep journey game with tons of combos, hurry-ups and enjoyable multi-balls? Or will it be a mishmash of rinse and repeat modes(too many?) with lack luster repetitive multi-balls? The dual ramps and third flipper are the best part of this table. Code could make or break this game.

#4832 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The Christies reveal is just marketing

Is it really just marketing? Let me ask the question-'Who are they focusing their marketing efforts on?'

Launching a pinball machine at Christies high end auction house has to be one of the lowest points of pinball collecting history/hobby. You guys want the pinball market to turn into a bunch of ultra's that display their art pieces(pinball machines) in their home collections? -Oh Vey

#4838 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am turned off by Stern wasting another good license to sell as an art piece to high rollers.

Wonder what Gary's father would think of the direction pinball is heading towards today? Is Stern selling out? -Inquiring minds want to know

#4841 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Freaking out over Christies, or reading into it is misguided...sorry

I am not freaking out-only putting my palms to my face in disgust is all

#4843 1 year ago

What do you guys plan on talking about for another month or so before games hit the wild?

-Does the jetpack do anything?

-Will someone slow down the flap on the car?

-Will someone make the rocket really move?

-Who is making the knock off scuba diver mod for Pro?

-When will Stern polish the beta code?

-Should I eat pizza for dinner tonight-or tacos?

#4847 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

starting to dampen any positivity anyone has for this game.

This game is kinda turning into a shitshow. Started when Steve left and Gomez taking over. The leaked foggy photos with games they shipped out and expected to stay secret? Really?

Now a reveal at Christies? Really? Sorry but this is not the avenue or direction I believe pinball should be taking. Focus on the operators(your bread and butter) not the 1% Ultra's. -Let's please get back to the basics. I believe Stern can survive and thrive with a business model that caters to their core customers(do they really need the greedy fluff?)

#4851 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

people get offended and take things personally.

I have skin as thick as a piece of leather. I am not taking it personal or am I offended. I am just disappointed in the way the market is heading towards. I like many people would love to flip an Elwin single level Bond game(could be badass). But why focus on the 1% and leave everyone else out? Could it be the cost of the license was so costly-this was the only feasible way to go about it? Sorry I did not buy that excuse for Beatles and I am not buying it for 007. Be innovative and cost average your licensing expenses.

#4854 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

The answer is always tacos

I had tacos for dinner last night. I had a thought during dinner that-I ate some tacos a month or so ago that the taco shell sat for a bit and soaked up some of the juices from the meat. I remember those tacos being super tasty. Should I now let my tacos sit longer-so I can get more juice soaked into shell? This is a serious question and inquiring minds want to know?

#4858 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I like what I see thus far

Lots of people are liking what they see-there is a lot of 'show' for this table. Toys that do nothing and interrupt an otherwise good flowing game does not sound fun but more like torture. I have really tried to visualize how the Bond on a wand would be entertaining and I am at a loss(just looks lame to me). Different strokes for different folks-not trying to be a buzz kill just my opinion.

#4862 1 year ago

This hype thread is starting to get off track with all the negative Nancy's. We need more hype-how about the Bond women? We need more Bond women talk-they are after all a big part of the games ruleset. MMMMMMM- Giggidy giggidy

Bond hotski (resized).jpgBond hotski (resized).jpgBond hotty (resized).jpgBond hotty (resized).jpgBond women (resized).jpgBond women (resized).jpg
#4864 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why do you keep saying this? We know its a timed drop effect

Hey what can I say some people are easily entertained-hey look a squirrel!

#4869 1 year ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

The only thing he's doing is rolling in his grave over the thought of Pinside putting his son's company out of business if they had their way

Stern was just fine before the pinball scene turned into an art gallery show happened. Once investors took over-they helped focus on themes that are nostalgic and worthy. Stern is and will be successful by sticking with a traditional business model focusing on location pinball. Trying to figure out different ways to maximize profits has led Stern down a road that I feel is the wrong road or path. Who am I to say how Stern should run their business-well I am just an average Joe Blow who loves pinball and just wants to have great playing machines for everyone to enjoy.

Come to think of it-if Stern is so desperate to make large profit margins-why not just get their shit together? I have seen the way they have handled secondary accessory market(huge fail). The amount of money they could make on accessories(cough-toppers) is substantial(lots of money left on table). Again focus on the bread and butter-not the Grey Poupon.

#4871 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder what Gary Stern’s father would think of what I’m having for lunch today

He would say hey Levi try leaving your birdcage for a day and go outside to enjoy your lunch-maybe go to Central Park and do some Yoga or something? Need more Zen in your life

Also would probably say you need to go over to Katz's for lunch-yum I am starting to salivate

#4873 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

containing the usual nonsense that makes no sense

I know you sit on Pinside literally all day trying to argue points with rebuttals but your defensive comments come off as petty. Like I said I feel sorry for guys that do not seem to have a life

Go outside-it is nice out there I promise

#4882 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Pizza is great too

One thing about Pizza is once you have been to NYC and had real pizza it is hard to find worthy pizza ever again. Many will search but may never find. There is like one or two places here that have decent NYC pizza(but still not really close). I dream of NYC pizza

1 month later
#6732 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe something to do with transitioning to their new factory location?

It may also be associated with Steve leaving. Gomez having to come up with new design, have parts manufactured and then having to have licensing approval for everything. Some games take a year or two to develop, so considering the circumstances Stern is doing their best. This launch has been interesting and I really hope Stern can get caught back up to shipping games right after announcement. Having a launch like this really lowers the enthusiasm level.

I did have a thought the other day on how to save the Bond on a wand. They may already have this in the works but if they can make it a true hurry up-I think it could be fun to shoot for. If they could speed up the motor and have Bond going back and forth-then you need to hit Bond while he is flying over target. If the speed is right-it could be fun to shoot? I can also see someone making an orchestrated remix with all the great soundtracks out there.

#6788 1 year ago

Another one to add to the growing slogan list...

Bond on a wand
James Dong
Bond in a pond

These names shall live on forever

It's all good-I love my Mick on a stick

#6830 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

but I never understood the pinball collector mentality

Why try and understand-just accept it. Thou shall not judge should be a good pinball motto. Guys like to collect limited edition games, guys like to mod machines, guys like to only buy cheaper player games, etc.(who cares?) Trying to figure out all the different pinball collectors mentality does little-way too subjective. Why do I buy LE's over premiums? I really like the mirrored backglass, powder, shaker, and all the goodies that make it special(I do not care about numbers-make them unlimited). I was looking at a friends Godzilla LE the other day. Let me just say it is a work of art with the reflective foil graphics on cabinet, the mirrored backglass, and silver trim to tie it all in. Is it worth the extra coin-to me yes. Oh and btw-I think the Bond LE will also be stunning in person-that blue/aqua color they chose really ties in well with the art and theme. Really like the powder color they chose for Bond

#6834 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Frankly I wish more people got it, we all have different tastes

One of my best friends recently has changed his direction of pinball. Before he was all about just playing pinball. Participating in tournaments and not caring if a machine is a dog players game or a pristine collector game, he just loves pinball period. I would give him shit about buying routed turds-not being patient and finding a huo for the same price. I soon realized it really does not matter because he trades games like baseball cards anyway. Recently he has caught the pinball modding bug. He has been fascinated with making home made toppers and jazzing up his games with mods. To see the amount of enjoyment he is experiencing with it puts a smile on my face. So many enjoyable aspects of this hobby other than strictly playing pinball. I now appreciate the unique characteristics of every collector/player.

1 week later
#7150 1 year ago

Have you guys noticed a pattern with new releases. Rinse and repeat

The code sucks-blah blah blah
It plays like crap-blah blah blah
The toys do nothing-blah blah blah

Stern pinball machines are like a fine wine-they get better with age

Think about it-what modern Stern machine is a dog? Only one machine comes to mind and the layout just did not do it for me-WWE

So only one machine in the last decade has been subpar? Wow

Bond will be a great game-good to have some faith

I am interested but sitting on sidelines waiting to see how they implement hurry up with jetpack. This will help me figure out if Pro is the way to go or not. Not in any hurry and have zero FOMO(so I have that going for me)

#7151 1 year ago

Keep hearing people complain about beta code and new releases. How can Stern charge thousands of dollars and not have decent code upon release?(the outrage!) I used to complain about this as well and then I came to the realization of how it actually works. Code release has always been beta and for the most part Stern has always updated accordingly. I have grown to appreciate the amount of work that goes into coding and I actually like the journey now. Anyone remember X-MEN code progression? Take a step back-take a deep breath and enjoy the journey of code development. Bond will be stellar and deep

#7153 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

I can’t comprehend how a competent manufacturer can market something like this without remorse. It’s just below par. What's going on?

Yes these kind of post are really amusing to me. I will admit as a noobie I liked to complain about anything I could just to make a point. The pop bumpers-oh those pop bumpers-lol

1 week later
#7341 1 year ago

Got some time on a Pro...

First let me just say playing a game in a loud bar that plays modern rap crap music is a big turn off for me. Am I getting old-I guess so. You can't even hear any music or call-outs which really takes away from the experience. I had thought of-maybe I should open a private pinball club where you don't need blaring music and cheap drinks(membership or daily entry fee?). That's a whole other discussion.

My take on 007 is I think it will become a good game. It has all the elements to make it into a good game like tons of modes, challenging layout, and a great theme. When Deadpool came out I did not care for it. I thought the Katana shot was super clunky and not enjoyable. Over time I got to experience the game in a home environment where you can slow things down-aim for shots and get the feel of the table. Now I enjoy playing Deadpool. Same story with 007, my first impressions are not what I thought they would be. The ramp shots are not easy(brick city) and being on far right has you adjusting your aiming towards end of flipper stroke(could not backhand). Hitting the rocket did not do much in terms of excitement level(still think this could be improved with code tremendously). What about Bond on a wand? I did not play a Premium or LE but looking forward to playing a friends who has one coming in. If they can have bond move back and forth with true hurry up-it may have me looking for a LE for sale. For me the difference between Pro and LE has everything riding on what they decide to do with Bond and jetpack. I think this game is going to be a sleeper title-where it will take time for people to truly appreciate what it has to offer.

#7346 1 year ago

Pops firing all at once is cheesy but if it does not affect gameplay then it does not really bother me, plus the pops are in no mans land where they really do nothing anyway. I tell you what bugs me is not having an actual kick back in outlane. This is where I draw the line for being too cheap. My LZ LE kickback is super lame coming from shooter and they need to go back to real kickbacks-vent over.

#7373 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don't see where the wand will make much of an interesting difference to game play.

If the wand just moves the ball over target and sits idle it will be very lack luster. If they can make it move back and forth and time it so it must be hit in sequence with jetpack over target it will be very entertaining and a true hurry up challenge. There was mention of jetpack moving so there is hope. TBD

#7377 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

be able to be controlled by the user

Now this has me scratching my head. Even if you could control it-that sounds even more lame to me. (still having Johnny Mnemonic nightmares)

Honestly if they can make it go back and forth and you have to time hits with jet pack moving-that sounds super fun to me. TBD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
$ 55.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 19.95
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.