FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slamt1lt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 1 year ago

10 years ago I made a unique Bond game to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Thankfully, virtual pinball has evolved immeasurably since I made this game, so now I can go back and update it for the 60th anniversary.

Might give you an idea of what Stern will come up with, if they go all-in with the license (to thrill)...

1 week later
#1845 1 year ago

Connery is the best Bond, but Roger Moore's movies are more fun and better suited to a pinball experience. Hard as hell though, squeezing all the bonds, all the villains and all the music into a single pinball experience.

This may be the start of a Bond series... which would make perfect sense.

#1961 1 year ago

Bond women? When has it ever been Bond women? It's Bond girls, always has been. PC raising it's ugly head again.

I'm pretty sure Stern are planning a Roger Moore Bond as a follow up (providing sales targets are hit... and surpassed). And maybe then, your top designer will be on the job.

Roger Moore is the target demographic, not Connery. I'm 52 and Moore is the Bond I grew up watching.

#2169 1 year ago

Pro and LE details, but nothing on the Stern website. How very odd indeed.

https://007store.com/en-de/pages/james-bond-x-stern-pinball

#2426 1 year ago

OHMSS is not only the worst Bond film but also one of the worst films I've ever suffered through. Thank Christ Connery came back to save the franchise.

#2617 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm a little disapointed they went with a basic plunger instead of the Walter PPK on Golden Eye. If there is one game that deserves a gun trigger right after watching the 007 turn and shoot intro this it!
[quoted image]

It depends how creative the coding team are. A plunger could be used for many other things rather than simulating a simple gunshot. It could launch missiles, torpedoes, spearguns, bowler hats, Ninja stars... limiting the ball launch to a standard gunshot would be unimaginative.

I do like novelty-shaped launchers though.

#4202 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I present the definition of less is more.
[quoted image]

Indeed....

Bond50 (resized).pngBond50 (resized).png
#4428 1 year ago

Now that's what you call a marketing Jackpot.

#4521 1 year ago

I'm trying to figure out why they went with the wibbily wobbily 'Soviet dildo' rocket when in the movie, the spaceship opens up and swallows other spaceships (see photo), which is very cool.

In a pinball game, this mechanic would be very appealing; the rocket could open up and swallow balls, either as a hazard or to lock balls. Then spit them out for multiball.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

GobbleGobble (resized).jpgGobbleGobble (resized).jpg
#4740 1 year ago

Very early code in that phone vid. Doesn't impress much but shows good promise of what's to come.

#4895 1 year ago

What's this pizza bullshit? I thought this was a Bond thread.

BondPizza (resized).jpgBondPizza (resized).jpg
#4978 1 year ago

It will certainly be a challenge to create a fun and exciting game of pinball on a single level. Not all games need ramps, but a game that features all the Bonds, all the villains, and all the movies?... You most definitely need ramps to do the theme justice.

I suspect they will rely heavily on the LCD mounted in the playfield, to dazzle the player. Best place for the screen in an all-action game, as I demonstrated in my Bond game, a decade ago (and later in Alien at Heighway). You don't miss a single frame when the screen is at eye level, but it only works well with very clever coordination, which matches movie clips and animations with the action on the playfield.

So yeah, if they nail the LCD integration and offer a fully immersive experience, then you won't even notice the game has no ramps.

#5134 1 year ago

Based on the latest vid, the code is a train wreck, and the audio/video integration is a hot mess. They have some serious work to do... Bond deserves only the very best.

Tip: DON'T use the main Bond theme as the main theme in the game, save it for a special feature. And... oh my god... don't play boring, speech-heavy movie clips! Focus on animation, with action movie clips spliced in only for key moments.

Bloody amateurs (joking)... pull your finger out Stern, don't half-ass this.

1 week later
#5510 1 year ago

If Stern do the Roger Moore era, expect 'Live and Let Die' Pro, 'Moonraker' Prem and (of course) 'The Spy Who Loved Me' LE (with JAWS bash toy, probably).

Not sure if Stern will go further than that. The Brosnan Bonds were mostly crap and Dalton was just way too serious to have any fun with. My guess is they have the license for 3 years to cover Connery and Moore.

1 week later
#6239 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

F&O Schwartz has a toy rocket that dispenses gumballs for $35. Imagine if it was inside your game and it dispensed pinballs. Stern needs to add some mechanical engineers with bright ideas to their staff.
[quoted image]

I'm pretty sure there's no shortage of ideas at Stern, even the janitor would've come up with a better idea than a wobbly rocket. But Stern are a business who want to maximize their profits (so Gary can buy more motorcycles and funky glasses). You guys are getting royally shafted. But it doesn't matter, you're all buying what they'll selling no matter what. So why go to the trouble of having a rocket that rises from the playfield in a dramatic audio and video light show, when for a fraction of the cost they can just add a $1 spring. 1000 LEs will sell either way.

#6266 1 year ago

I will never understand why people spend this kind of money on a game with crappy early code. The game you actually want may be years away, and yet you'll buy this machine, look at it, occasionally play it, but will always feel unsatisfied that it's not finished.

So ultimately, you're paying 12 grand for something which is ok now but promises to be awesome later. Bizarre.

#6351 1 year ago
Quoted from Gort:

The Music of James Bond - (BBC Proms)

The master. Such an incredible talent.

When I was a nipper, I would buy movie soundtrack LPs more than pop music LPs. I now use my extensive library of amazing soundtracks in my own pinball creations.

GG did mention that he has most of JBs music in the Bond game, so at the very least, the music will be epic.

#6375 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I am leaning this way - I may cancel my pre-order
I feel like I am taking a leap of faith when I don't have to. I can always buy a Bond in a year or 2.

A very sensible decision. As they say - first impressions last. I can guarantee you, early buyers will be bitterly disappointed at the basic code. Wait a year, and you will be richly rewarded.

Stern need to pull their finger out and stop releasing games with basic, early code. I'm a coder and I can code the shit out of this game in only a few months. The best of the best are supposedly at Stern, not a chance from what I've seen.

1 week later
#6609 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

A shipping notice or a final payment due notice? I didn't think they were building them until late Nov or early Dec?

I think he's asking for pics of the shipping notice. That's one eager beaver.

1 week later
#6737 1 year ago

The code. They're delaying while they franticly update the code, so you have a fun game to play. It was waaaay too early to reveal this thing, but the 007 event at Christie's auction gave them little choice.

That's my best guess.

#6780 1 year ago

Relax and do what I do, just play them on location. I'm having just as much fun with my £1 game as anyone who owns the machine.

#6945 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Zero games. One stream. 6942 posts.
This is what happens when Stern leaves us to our own devices.

It's wonderful entertainment for those of us who have no interest in owning one.

#7066 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Let’s do this!
[quoted image]

My suggestion, leave the game in the box until the code arrives.

#7128 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Does Bond’s super long legs on the playfield bother anybody else? He’d probably be 7 foot if drawing was accurate. WTF. Why are his legs so frickin long?

More concerned about his crossed legs pose, a bit girly if you ask me. Roger Moore was much more manly in his posters...

MoonrakerPoster (resized).jpgMoonrakerPoster (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7286 1 year ago

The silliest backglass idea since Silly McSilly had the silly idea to spray silly string over the entire island of Scilly.

No mention of James Bond... what the game is about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slamt1lt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=slamt1lt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.