B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 151.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Games released since you claimed Bond was "next"

exactly!

#102 1 year ago

Good layout, code and based on multiple eras and a bunch of assets to work with - I may be on board with this one.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

A price increase???? Holy smokes - next thing we'll find out is water is wet!
$8K Pros for everyone within the next 3 years. Already at $7K! Let's go!!!

At some point people will stop buying, if bond has a great layout I’m a buyer but that’s because it’s Bond, at these current and soon to be prices I’m now out of the NIB game, Bond and BTTF being the only exceptions if the games look good.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Good layout, code and based on multiple eras and a bunch of assets to work with - I may be on board with this one.

Connery only, so that might disappoint you.

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Or twice every 6 years.

#106 1 year ago

Connery good

Price increases bad

Unfortunate but not surprised, hope the increases aren't too big. .

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Or twice every 6 years.

Some people live for ANY kind of recognition.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

At some point people will stop buying, if bond has a great layout I’m a buyer but that’s because it’s Bond, at these current and soon to be prices I’m now out of the NIB game, Bond and BTTF being the only exceptions if the games look good.

I’ve heard tobacco users have a similar mentality. They say it’s getting to expensive or if it get any more costly then they are going to quit. I’ve heard the talk but never seen it happen. That’s addiction taking over logic.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The reveal is Tuesday morning

Oh snap. Will be very short notice to make the decision to jump on the one drop

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Connery good
Price increases bad
Unfortunate but not surprised, hope the increases aren't too big. .

They always have done a yearly increase of 100-200. Hopefully, this is what they are planning and not a huge one like last year.

#111 1 year ago

Hopefully they don’t JJP us.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They always have done a yearly increase of 100-200. Hopefully, this is what they are planning and not a huge one like last year.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from Megeant:

Hopefully they don’t JJP us.

Yeah... if an LE is $15K I'm probably out on this one

#113 1 year ago

theres no way they go to 15k for LE. They arent jumping that much. But 12k? Maybe. Ive already been told theres no LE spot for me...

#114 1 year ago

i mean, if the LE goes from $11,100 to $11,500 it's not going to move the needle for most people. Taking your CE from $12,500 to $15k on questionable IP looks like a rough move but they still all sold through. The fact that TS4 CEs are moving fine at 13k-$14k means Stern could probably charge $13k for an LE and still sell $1k with good IP.
I hope they dont, cause I dont think I want to shift to a premium at over $10k but as an addict, I dont really know what I'd do.

#115 1 year ago

Sean Connery era kind of implies more than one movie featured.

Quoted from ticktockman:

My distro confirmed to me both that it’s Connery-era only and a price increase
[quoted image]

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sean Connery era kind of implies more than one movie featured.

3-4 movies supposedly. No idea which they would choose but my choice would be.

Goldfinger
Thunderball
You only live twice
From Russia with love

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:3-4 movies supposedly. No idea which they would choose but my choice would be.
Goldfinger
Thunderball
You only live twice
From Russia with love

Yes, this run of four straight movies would be the natural choice. Basically, every Bond movie made since copies these movies in one way or another, and they contain some of the most iconic bond characters and gadgets, not to mention the best theme songs.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Goldfinger
Thunderball
You only live twice
From Russia with love

I’m fine with these 4, most of my favorites. I do wish we were getting some Roger Moore and Jaws. Love Moonraker and View to a Kill.

Maybe we will see a Roger Moore edition in future.

#119 1 year ago

I’m super excited for everyone to “admit” Godzilla isn’t the greatest but this brand new 007 Stern is literally the best game ever and then Godzilla will come back down to earth.

James Bond will go right to #1 in the top 100 as is customary.

#120 1 year ago

Connery !? as its not "connerie" in french, its all good

(joke inside)

#121 1 year ago

I think it should be based on Goldeneye, like N64 Goldeneye, graphics and all.

#122 1 year ago

Wow Sean Connery era! If so this just went from a really good theme to dream theme.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’m super excited for everyone to “admit” Godzilla isn’t the greatest but this brand new 007 Stern is literally the best game ever and then Godzilla will come back down to earth.
James Bond will go right to #1 in the top 100 as is customary.

The licensing on Godzilla covers multiple movies and includes numerous foes. Also, the shots are superb and the game has great flow.

It will be hard to top Godzilla.

#124 1 year ago
6sfvjm (resized).jpg6sfvjm (resized).jpg
#125 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow Sean Connery era! If so this just went from a really good theme to dream theme.

It is, unfortunately we will not get any custom call outs but Sean is still what James Bond was to me as a kid.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I think it should be based on Goldeneye, like N64 Goldeneye, graphics and all.

Goldeneye was great, but I was always partial to PS2's Nightfire. Super underrated.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Goldeneye was great, but I was always partial to PS2's Nightfire. Super underrated.

Nightfire was great! Love seeing all the excitement around a new Stern pin! Been too long!

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Goldfinger
Thunderball
You only live twice
From Russia with love

Agree those are the strongest Connory ones.

#129 1 year ago

Just s friendly PSA: Order banks open soon. Don't sleep on this one, folks!

connerydrunk (resized).pngconnerydrunk (resized).png

#130 1 year ago

Please Stern please don't make it on Daniel Craig's era

#131 1 year ago

I hope it is Sean Connery based. Dream theme for me. That's a big piece of the theme integration that they got right if true. So far, so good.

His movies were:

Dr. No
From Russia with Love
Goldfinger
You Only Live Twice
Thunderball
Diamonds are Forever

I wouldn't care too much if they left out Diamonds, but the rest I hope are incorporated.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, this run of four straight movies would be the natural choice. Basically, every Bond movie made since copies these movies in one way or another, and they contain some of the most iconic bond characters and gadgets, not to mention the best theme songs.

Exactly my reason for the choice, although I listed them in order of how I rank them.

Dr No is a little too slow and uneventful for a pin and Diamonds was the beginning of the Moore campiness, the tone is very different in diamonds to Connerys other entries.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

theres no way they go to 15k for LE. They arent jumping that much. But 12k? Maybe. Ive already been told theres no LE spot for me.

I'd say between $11,500 and $12K is likely -- I don't have an LE spot either but I also don't have FOMO and don't need an LE to be content. If Stern keeps to its current trajectory, the LE will likely be exclusively cosmetic in terms of differences between it and the Premium making not having one inconsequential. Don't get me wrong, if you can snag an LE its a nice "have" but for me--assuming all playfield toys are the same as between a Premium and LE--I'll take a Premium if I jump in at all (I'd like to actually see the game first).

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Please Stern please don't make it on Daniel Craig's era

See above, it’s Connery, it’s always worth reading a new announcement thread from the beginning

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I hope it is Sean Connery based. Dream theme for me. That's a big piece of the theme integration that they got right if true. So far, so good.
His movies were:
Dr. No
From Russia with Love
Goldfinger
You Only Live Twice
Thunderball
Diamonds are Forever
I wouldn't care too much if they left out Diamonds, but the rest I hope are incorporated.

I didn't realize he was only in 6 movies...

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Exactly my reason for the choice, although I listed them in order of how I rank them.
Dr No is a little too slow and uneventful for a pin and Diamonds was the beginning of the Moore campiness, the tone is very different in diamonds to Connerys other entries.

If it is a tribute to Connery as Bond why not just do the 6 films?

I do agree the 4 you listed were his best, I have a hunch diamonds will be included.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I didn't realize he was only in 6 movies...

Roger Moore was 7 movies, I always thought Connery had more as well.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I wonder who will be doing call outs?

George Lazenby ?

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Roger Moore was 7 movies, I always thought Connery had more as well.

Never say never again, was Connery’s 7th time in the role of James Bond but it wasn’t an EON production, so not part of the official Bond canon.

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I FUCKING CALLED IT!

Do you work for Stern?

#141 1 year ago

Wait, I read the whole thread - where is it confirmed Connery? I see speculation, inference - NO confirmation.

Personally while I'd even kick out Zilla for a Connery theme, I'm hoping it's Craig based since the only way I might get an LE is if that happens and everyone bails, heh. And I DO really like the Craig ones, specter excluded.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

George Lazenby ?

Haha let’s hope not he was dubbed over in parts of OHMSS, which parts I forget.

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Wait, I read the whole thread - where is it confirmed Connery? I see speculation, inference - NO confirmation.
Personally while I'd even kick out Zilla for a Connery theme, I'm hoping it's Craig based since the only way I might get an LE is if that happens and everyone bails, heh. And I DO really like the Craig ones, specter excluded.

someone on the last page got this email from their distro:

Quoted from ticktockman:

My distro confirmed to me both that it’s Connery-era only and a price increase
[quoted image]

#144 1 year ago

It's not going to be that hard to get an LE. Starting hitting up distros now. The market has softened with 1k of these going out.

Quoted from Ollulanus:

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Never say never again, was Connery’s 7th time in the role of James Bond but it wasn’t an EON production, so not part of the official Bond canon.

Wouldn’t mind seeing that included, liked this one too. Doubtful not being part of Canon. Domination game video mode!

#146 1 year ago

I sense this game will have some sort of elevator in it.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

It's not going to be that hard to get an LE. Starting hitting up distros now. The market has softened with 1k of these going out.

If you have a suggestion, PM. Have contacted several to no avail this morning. Though I wouldn't be surprised if things free up a bit between now and shipping as usual, so hoping to at least get a bump off a wait-list. If it's Connery, it's basically shut up and take my money.

#148 1 year ago

I'm still fully enjoying my most current batch of newish games (Godzilla, Rush, JP, R&M, UM, even TNA), so I'm more than happy to sit this out. Hope it's awesome for you Bond fans! If I end up thinking it's awesome, I'm cool waiting to get one down the road.

I've actually never seen a Connery Bond movie. I saw the first Dalton one in the theater...some of the Pierce Brosnan ones. I owned Sega's Goldeneye pin for a while...prob my favorite Sega pin. I think I saw all of the Craig ones except for the most recent. I can't recall much about the Bond series other than the music.

#149 1 year ago

Man talk multiball!

#150 1 year ago

If it puts the player in the role of Bond, hurry-ups are gonna be damn fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/3?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.