FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from HatTrick:

Stern cutting out the distributors for LEs now?

They've done this for the last several releases. They aren't cutting anyone out. Just selling a few (maybe 10) LEs direct via insider all access. A small perk for paying the $40 per year.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Connery good
Price increases bad
Unfortunate but not surprised, hope the increases aren't too big. .

They always have done a yearly increase of 100-200. Hopefully, this is what they are planning and not a huge one like last year.

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Also last Batman pin was TV Batman not new Batman. Ghostbusters pin was old Ghostbusters not the new ones.
People who can afford these expensive toys are probably desiring the old versions of what they remember vs the latest reincarnations.

If only they had went with old Transformers. That would've been sweet.

#710 1 year ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

You'll still get the Aston with the VUK ejector seat on the pro.

Is that confirmed? I would figure this is exactly the kind of mech that would be cut out on the pro. No VUK on Rush pro or Star Trek pro, for example.

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So can anyone tell what the difference is between the Pro and the Premium besides cosmetics?

Looks like no wireform/vuk? on the back left shot. Only a loop for pro.

#781 1 year ago

Looks like the pro cabinet is gonna suck. Bright yellow background. Hopefully it looks better when we see full images.

#959 1 year ago

Whomever is leaking these must not give a shit about us lowly pro buyers. No full playfied shots or cabinet images.

#967 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

You can see in a couple of the shots that the pro cabinet will be using the 62 movie poster.
[quoted image]

I gathered that. I was hoping for a poster collage on the right maybe like the premium has and it'd be nice to see what all is left off the playfield.

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Word on the street is the rumored Elwin's Bond 60th special edition is a street level game, no ramps. Why would they waste Elwin on a retheme?

Oh, great a 30K classic Stern retheme/reimagining a la Beatles?

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Did it though? I suppose Stern sold them to dealers, but I thought many dealers were sitting on Beatles Gold machines for a long while after release.

It didn't sell well and I know platinums and diamonds are still sitting in warehouses. They only finally completed the run of 1964 games late last year. Oct-Nov time frame. They finished up the last of the golds.

#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone know who is actually lead on the code for this one?

All signs point to Dwight, but nothing concrete, yet.

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Pro and LE details, but nothing on the Stern website. How very odd indeed.
https://007store.com/en-de/pages/james-bond-x-stern-pinball

The pro is better than I was fearing. Main thing I don't dig is the Arnie last action sized head on the translite.

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Definitely looks like a hinged ramp that lifts up.

I think that is just where the side ramp connects to the main right ramp. Kinda like a habitrail fits into a section of a plastic ramp.

#2203 1 year ago

Page not found on that original link. Must've been pulled.

#2223 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I still think trap door feeding down to the DB5. Where else could it get fed a ball to get ejected?

Looks to me that the Q gadget lane is where the VUK for the DB5 is. Shoot, pause for gadget clip, then eject.

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This photo is the pro, entire left side lined in foam and a rearward scoop under plastic. Can see the top of hood.
Really has me wondering about the premium version now with scuba guy and clear plastic.
[quoted image]

My take on this shot is, you shoot under the flipper, it his rubber and drops to the scoop, then maybe a clip or animation plays, then it shoot out from the scoop. Maybe the player has to press the action button, maybe not. Neat idea. George is always coming up with cool stuff.

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think the issue is a lot of people, myself included, use single level and street level inter changeably when there is a difference
All street level games are single level. Not all single level should be called street level

Good distinction. I've been baffled at the incorrect use lol. Street level means, no ramps or subways.

#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from cynric:

Comparing the two it's actually a pretty neat design. They can route and print the same pf and have the distinction purely in the mounted parts. Premium has the diver window, the tower lock/eject and the ball crane from the backboard going to the dragon tank, but everything else seems to be there on the pro too. Maybe even the on-ramp lock as the hole for the up-post is there.
Lots of lock and ball-stop places in this game. Quite unusual for GG. Still really excited about this one, love the theme and the art design - yes even the cabinets and translites! :p

Very much like Stranger Things. All wood playfields are identical. Only the "stuff" is different.

#2286 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Hate to be the one to say it. Playfield looks awesome and the mechs are all over the place. Anyone else thinking the premium/LE could be a maintenance nightmare???

I feel that way about most premiums. I'm a pro guy all the way. Less headache still the same fun.

#2296 1 year ago

Nitpicky, but it's weird they used the proper Dr. No font on the playfield insert, but not on the cab and translite.

#2301 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Those QR Code readers really ugly up the apron.

Hell, I just realized the Pro apron is getting the generic retrofit IC art. GZ and Rush have game specific IC apron art. That's just weird. And a missed opportunity to refer to the QR scanner as a Q gadget of some sort.

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How do they put that big side armor on a LE and NOT custom cut it?
Feature left out for the SLE?

So, they can sell the custom cut stuff afterward

#3552 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Are all Stern prices going up to these new levels?

Yes. Non Bond games remain at the old level until Jan 1, 2023, but most likely dealers will start using that sooner. We saw it last year after Godzilla.

#3592 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Nah, pro looks cool. Very old-school movie theater look.

After seeing it in full, the only eye sore to me is the translite. Wish it was more of a full scene like the other 2.

1 month later
#6800 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Dogfather? As in Godfather? And Elton John?! First time im hearing about these themes.

I've seen MOTU a few times now. Who said this was gonna happen?

1 week later
#7096 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I wouldn’t go as “doom or gloom” but this will be the ultimate Lonnie test. If this game has underwhelming code, or takes forever to get to a playable state, you can bet that the market will be forever scared of his games. Even BTTF would be a hesitation for many at that point if Bond is a code dud and he was then lead on BTTF. The game has to work FFS!

It's Lonnie with MXV on rules. They did Stranger Things and it came out nicely. I believe they will get this one to a great spot, as well.

1 week later
#7166 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Your achievement toppers are a good idea. Honestly Stern should sell a super cheap topper like that to operators to help drive IC adoption (hell, just give them away to Stern Army locations). It's to everyone's benefit.

Those toppers are from Stern and they are free, I believe. You just have to prove you are a location owner. I'd like one for my personal gameroom if anyone has extras.

#7231 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I really don’t understand the notion that firing two pops together is somehow an inherently negative thing. It’s only an issue if you’re really searching for something to nitpick and complain about.
I’ve played Bond enough to know that the pops firing together on it is a non-issue for gameplay.
Oh, and as for something that does matter… shot layout and fun… it’s a good layout thats fun to shoot. Good flow & combos and good mix of easier and tougher shots.

It's not a big deal really. It's been done for ages before the modern era, as well. Jungle Queen has the same thing. The blue pop fires on it's own. The 2 red pops fire together, using a single relay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
$ 55.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

11,500 (Firm)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=rc_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.