FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 1 year ago
6sfvjm (resized).jpg6sfvjm (resized).jpg
#333 1 year ago

Most memorable Bond moment for me, some cool ass shit when your six years old seeing it for the first time.

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I hope it's better than Deadpool and Godzilla.

Could be better than Deadpool but doubt any pin in the near future will top Godzilla. Elwin will have a challenge topping it much less any other designer.

#1359 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

The Dr. No font isn't even correct which is part of why it looks so horrible.

I was told that Stern didn't make these kind of mistakes and that only amateur companies like Spooky did

#1690 1 year ago
guy (resized).jpgguy (resized).jpg
#2306 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I still think the 4th is going to be something like a SLE Goldfinger with some gold trim and maybe a few other cosmetics. Maybe an exclusive topper

If they made a version with a topper, that would make all the people waiting on previous game toppers heads explode lol.

head.gifhead.gif
#3609 1 year ago

Was there any mention of how far the along the code is at launch?

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

if that rocket just rattles back and forth when a ball goes around it ill be pretty dissapointed. Especially on premium/le

It's knocking the ball into stand up targets around it from what I can see.

#3736 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I bet it goes for $30k.

Hey why not $40K? Plenty of stupid money in this hobby, sure they can throw in some uneven speckled powdercoat like EHOH 40th

#3790 1 year ago

$6K difference between pro and LE. Think I would be happy spending that difference on another game and call it good.

#3884 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so, prices jumped $800 from rush premium to bond premium, is that right?

$700

#4352 1 year ago

Has Stern made a statement on when games will be hitting the line or is this still in some licensing delay with no definite start date yet?

#4357 1 year ago

I guess the first opportunity for some gameplay will be some shaky phone video of someone chimp flipping at the upcoming events next week/weekend. Copy and pasted from Knapp Arcade below:

Fittingly, the new James Bond 007 pinball machines will be on show for the first time to media and public in London. On September 26th the games will be on display and available to play as part of the Bond-themed Christie’s Late, a public event celebrating the forthcoming Christie’s Sixty Years of James Bond Charity Auction. Shortly after, they will be a part of the James Bond at 60 weekend at the British Film Institute on the South Bank, September 30th-October 2nd.

#4454 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

James Bond 007 games will be available in November. We will begin with Pro Editions, followed by Limited Edition games, and then Premium Editions. The 60th Anniversary Limited Edition production will be in December. Information on accessories is coming soon."

They won't even hit the line until November lol. Is this the first time games weren't ready to ship like a week after the reveal for Stern?

#4478 1 year ago

So if you want a pro and are not an operator you have to wait until after release of next cornerstone basically because of 60th edition money grab will be on the line instead of the pro. Brilliant!!!

giphy (3).gifgiphy (3).gif
#4963 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Gomez did post on Facebook in response to the April thing saying it’s not true or accurate.

You have the 60th edition on the line normally when the pros would be and then they have the cornerstone release at the end of the year so not very much of a window to get consumer pros made after the initial run for operators.

#4967 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I thought Bond was the last cornerstone for this year?

Rush and Bond would only be two cornerstones this year, supposed to be three unless they announced skipping another one due to delays that I missed.

#5000 1 year ago
giphy (5).gifgiphy (5).gif
#5003 1 year ago
Quoted from hoopybox:

some time in December

giphy (6).gifgiphy (6).gif
#5032 1 year ago
heart (resized).jpgheart (resized).jpg
#5041 1 year ago

That spinner sound does not jive with the theme.

#5171 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

With Mike V on rules and Lonnie’s doing his special, the game code will slam dunk.

giphy (7).gifgiphy (7).gif
#5311 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Drop targets aren't a mech. The ball doesn't interact with the car it just comes out the top. That's not a mech either in my opinion. You probably don't agree. I probably don't care.

Those are all mechs, nothing innovative and used frequently in other games but mechs all the same.

#5315 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So is the rocket a mech if there is no mechanically actuated movement to it?

I wouldn't consider it one if it had no solenoid, motor or magnet involved but then again is the Jeep on JP a mech? I guess it's a more simplified one that relies on kinetic energy from ball hitting it to work.

1 week later
#5615 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

"Getting over insecurities." Dude, we're talking about a scene that most people agree seems like a rape - including a director of a Bond movie.
I like these films. I like them so much that I'm ordering an LE. If you're willing to plunk that much money down, you clearly like the films.
But, it's also true when you're in a very male-dominated space like pinball - it's super creepy to hear even noting something was not consensual sex is when you should "get over your insecurities." It's super cringe. And frankly, troubling. And it's the kind of behavior that pushes many women away from this amazing hobby.

You could let the comments push you away from the hobby but that would be letting the actions of a few control you. I just watched some of the scenes and they are shocking but in the end it's just a movie and people in a hype club thread don't want to be reminded of the few flaws that the movies had.

#5645 1 year ago

This thread...

giphy (8).gifgiphy (8).gif
#5662 1 year ago
drake (resized).jpgdrake (resized).jpg
#5733 1 year ago

Yep...thread still fucked.

giphy (9).gifgiphy (9).gif
#5899 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Normal for them to have Pro models on the line during the first live stream, which is tomorrow 10/18.

Nothing is normal about this game launch so I wouldn't count on it.

#5989 1 year ago

Looks like the Bird One is just reactive and has no independent movement. Would have been a cool effect at the start of the multiball if it did.

3 weeks later
#6765 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

No need to buy it now. Wait. It will be on the line for 3 years. I just don't get all the impatience of got to have the game now!

Well getting a new game is kind of exciting so telling people to wait upwards of three years is laughable, no excuse for code to be at .57 at this stage in roll out but incomplete code at release is becoming the norm with multiple companies at this point.

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would not buy a premium / LE over the fact that the pops will be popping together. That’s just odd

It's just plain getting less for more money. Rocket had a coil at one point but they yanked that also, nothing odd about it cause Stern is a business. Have seen plenty of people commenting that they shouldn't be buying the game because of the price but are anyway, nothing will change until they vote with their wallet.

#6877 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

It’s not getting less for more money. This is rehashed drama from a few weeks ago in this thread. There were a few pages of outrage/explanations… really boring. The recap is that the node boards have a finite number of ports and to add all the other mechs on the prem/le vs the pro they had to tie the pops together.

So tell me, what is the cheapest node board they would have had to add to make the pops fire independently?

#6892 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Damn…every time I see this thread turning and take a look it’s only whining about something. Who cares if two pops pop together? People will complain about anything. Yes, these games are too expensive. We’ve beaten the dead horse to death over and over again. Yes, stern is trying to make as much money as possible. It’s a business. Either buy it or don’t. It’s a free market.

Well you can look at it as whining or telling buyers the truth of what they're getting for more money.

#6897 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Bringing it up again and publicly threatening to not buy a premium is whining.

Man what kind of world do we live in now when we have to deal with "pinball threats"...sheesh.

#6898 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

You’re basically pissing into the wind with you oh so wise commentary.

I would more consider it spitting into the wind or messing around with Jim with my actions

#6910 1 year ago

But enough of this two pops one master fuckery...bring on the Bond hype!!!

giphy (14).gifgiphy (14).gif
#6967 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I see BONDLE being the second coming to STLE.
People are going to cancel their LE order with the distro due to the cost, code is nowhere close to being finished, distros will have them on the shelf.
Game is a long bake process for the code to be complete. Sales will dwindle down to nothing and nobody wants to pay 10k for a premium.
Stern announces they are moving on from the game...
Code gets finished,,,,,,,,,,game gets pumped by SDTM...next thing you know it's the next total sleeper hit...
TOPPER is announced...OMG I have to have it...Tons of extra things to do with a 3k price tag...
CODE BECOMES A GAME CHANGER...
STERN IS NEVER MAKING ANY MORE....
ONE LE SELLS FOR 25K WITH SAID TOPPER....
BOOM....PINSIDERS PISSED THEY DIDN'T PAY SAID 13K!!!!
Rinse repeat ....¯\_(ツ)_/¯ haha...

Possible but big difference in theme and how wide of an audience they both attract. ST speaks to all ages where Bond is mainly older men.

#7101 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah I created an owners thread. I manage the Godzilla as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-owners-club

Too late, one was started yesterday.

#7105 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's kinda odd that club thread is in the Stern subforum, and the Bond club thread in the club subforum was the one closed.

I'm sure the mods can change the subforum category, it was the first club thread created so it gets to remain.

#7111 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoundress:

In title only, this was the first created, but whatever works I guess. I'm new so what do I know

I really could give two shits which one the mods pick to remain, just going by their past actions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.