IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 132.
#1 10 years ago

TAF-translite.jpgTAF-translite.jpg

Tips, wants, mods, current owners, future owners, past owners, playing tips, honor tourneys. Everything relating to TAF. Enjoy!

#2 10 years ago

Hi, all
Does any of you know of a nice looking custom topper for The Addams Family?
I have a low ceiling game room and the original topper will not fit. I sadly need to
dismount it for safe keeping. However it would be nice to have some kind of looks
that utility the backbox topper lights. Preferably smart looking as what could have
been if the cloud wasn't the preferred choice of Bally back in the days.

The height can not be more than 15 cm.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading
/mima

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I have a low ceiling game room and the original topper will not fit.

I have a pretty low ceiling in my game room too but my friend Drano gave me a set of shorter legs which I believe came from a Blackwater 100. I was told these are 4 front legs as the back legs are about 2" taller. You can see in this picture how much lower they are compared to the standard legs on my Roadshow.

Another suggestion to get you possibly an extra inch would be to use these Blackwater 100 legs and remove the front leg levelers so that way you can crank the back leg levelers as low as possible to still get the right pitch. I had to do this before using standard legs on my WH20 to clear the topper without the dome.

IMG_20131229_062015.jpgIMG_20131229_062015.jpg IMG_20131230_212026.jpgIMG_20131230_212026.jpg
#4 10 years ago

Just put on Uncle Lester. And also put a post with rubbers on the front of the bracket for the switch from the Bear Ramp. Was getting a few air balls up there.

IMG_5477-25.JPGIMG_5477-25.JPG

This is the area I put the clear post:
IMG_5468-279.JPGIMG_5468-279.JPG

#6 10 years ago

I've looked for a TAF club more than once, but neither of those listed above are tagged as CLB, so I never found them. Can we get the tag switched to that from ALL on this one: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-owners-club ?

#7 10 years ago

I would not want to be part of any club where they would have me as a member

IMG_20131224_184746_438.jpgIMG_20131224_184746_438.jpg

Quoted from dmacy:

Just put on Uncle Lester.

I love Uncle Lester, hehe

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I would not want to be part of any club where they would have me as a member

» YouTube video

I love Uncle Lester, hehe

Obviously we don't want you as a member .

IMG_20131224_184746_438.jpg 149 KB

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Obviously we don't want you as a member

I am shocked and appalled, sir

#10 10 years ago

Here are some pics of one I just redid for a customer . New plastics ,new ramp , new complete bookcase parts, decals for bookcase and back wall . New clear flipper rubbers ( added after this pic)and rubbers , LEDs from comet pinball , added lights to the scoops, bought and painted bear rug mod . Rebuilt all flippers and new bats , cliffy for fester scoop , color dmd and of course total take down and complete shop jobimage-743.jpgimage-743.jpgimage-869.jpgimage-869.jpgimage-598.jpgimage-598.jpgimage-96.jpgimage-96.jpgimage-671.jpgimage-671.jpgimage-928.jpgimage-928.jpgimage-73.jpgimage-73.jpgimage-694.jpgimage-694.jpgimage-462.jpgimage-462.jpgimage-540.jpgimage-540.jpgimage-402.jpgimage-402.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#11 10 years ago

I really want one again, I just haven't found one in the price/condition I want. I got 5-6k Canadian under my mattress.

Who's selling in Canada

#12 10 years ago

Finishing up my taxes. An TAF is going to be soon I hope.

#13 10 years ago

Yea, but do you have an alligator in your swamp?
TAF rebuild 001.jpgTAF rebuild 001.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Another bear rug "do-it-yourselfer", I see.... Well done!

Beats the hell out of paying $60 for that thing, doesn't it?

(BTW, that last picture in your post is from my machine and my thread on the how-to.)

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Yea, but do you have an alligator in your swamp?

TAF rebuild 001.jpg 199 KB

that's a good one . . .

#16 10 years ago

Use 27" legs if you need that little extra height to get the topper on.

#17 10 years ago

Your right ! I totally missed that . I saved it to look at the paint . Too funny !

#18 10 years ago

What did you use for the white paint? Anything special or different?

#19 10 years ago

Whats your opinion?
What is the current value of a TAF:

ptetty worn cab
nice playfield (only minor ware)
heavy ware on swamp
some ware on balthrough and the other sink holes
really dirty flip sife of play field
seemingly random isses with swamp kickut & ballthrough
few busted rivited lampsockets on top of play field
plays well

/mima

#20 10 years ago

I've never seen one below $4000, even beat up ones. Doesn't mean that they weren't sold for less than that though. I paid $2500-$2900 back in '03 or "04 (can't remember it's been so long, and I don't have a receipt because it was a cash deal through a private seller. And mine was pretty beat up). Generally people don't give them up once they have one. Would you want to fix one up yourself or have everything done already?

#21 10 years ago

I just recently bought one in pretty close condition as discribed above. Just want to get the feal for if it was a good/ok/bad deal. Payed about 3500

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I paid $2500-$2900 back in '03 or "04

Managed to buy mine for $1700 shopped out from a retailer back in 2001.
Those were the good old days

#23 10 years ago

I paid $2,000, but it was a lot back in the very late 90's, maybe 98 or 99, can't remember to be honest. It was very popular and hard to find then and the internet was not what it is today. It was in good shape, but not great. Still glad we got it then and still love playing it. Just did a lot of work on it in the past few weeks and added a lot of mods to it.

Phil

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I just recently bought one in pretty close condition as discribed above. Just want to get the feal for if it was a good/ok/bad deal. Payed about 3500

Sounds like a good deal. I would like a pin that needs TLC and just buy what it needs slowly over time rather than dumping a lot on a pin that needs nothing. It's kinda like a payment plan .

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Sounds like a good deal. I would like a pin that needs TLC and just buy what it needs slowly over time rather than dumping a lot on a pin that needs nothing. It's kinda like a payment plan.

That is wise approach, the one I'm taking with MB. (Not sure if it will work though... I probably overpayed for my Addams )

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Now that's a deal

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

That is wise approach, the one I'm taking with MB. (Not sure if it will work though... I probably overpayed for my Addams )

As long as your happy with it, that's all that matters. There always seems to be a better deal after you buy something (should be in Murphy's Law )

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

As long as your happy with it, that's all that matters. There always seems to be a better deal after you buy something (should be in Murphy's Law )

Yep

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Ya, things has pretty much changed since
then...

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

And also put a post with rubbers on the front of the bracket for the switch from the Bear Ramp. Was getting a few air balls up there.

This is the area I put the clear post:

FInally took a picture of what I did. Clear double post with one of the bug plastics that isn't drilled/used. Drilled a hole and put it on top of the post. Maybe this will help anyone else who gets airballs from the ball making the turn. Seems like I get this more when the playfield was super slick from the wax and being new. Either way, it hides the bracket somewhat.
IMG_5495.JPGIMG_5495.JPG
The before the post:
IMG_5468-863.JPGIMG_5468-863.JPG
And my before PF swap and after:
Taf Before and After.jpgTaf Before and After.jpg

#31 10 years ago

Hand painted my Electric Chair.
TAF_Electric_Chair_2.jpgTAF_Electric_Chair_2.jpg
RussMyersFinished with Fester.jpgFinished with Fester.jpg

#32 10 years ago

I've had my TAF since 2009. My wife picked it up for $3,000 on ebay as a surprise for me. It was rough, but I found a good tech and then started to learn things on my own. It has every sort of mod you can think of, including a foghorn doorbell wired into the start button. I also powdercoated all the habitrails and trim black. It's a really pretty game. 002.JPG002.JPGIt is by far and away my favorite game.Swamp 002.JPGSwamp 002.JPG

#33 10 years ago

MikeMaynard21, I'd like to see some better pics of your mods, please.

Thanks.

#34 10 years ago

interesting. First time seeing swamp grass in the swamp.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

interesting. First time seeing swamp grass in the swamp.

Toxic waste, too

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Toxic waste, too

yeah, I like the toxic waste container too !

Wonder where he got that one.

3 weeks later
#37 10 years ago

whats the graveyard type mod there? cant see it very well..

great looking TAF. love the purple flippers.

1 month later
#38 10 years ago

Should be able to join the club as an owner by late July. I have a local friend gave me the heads up that she is willing to part with hers and since TAF is my wife's favorite movie it's kind of a no brainer. Got a little over half of the cost saved up. Hopefully it can be an awesome joint anniversary gift for us.
Cheers!

#39 10 years ago

Hey fellow TAF owners! I am finishing up my shop job and I am not sure where these plastics go. Can someone help me with where these plastics belong in the machine. I know some of these aren't actually used, but I wasn't sure which ones. Thanks in advance for your help!

TAF_Plastics.jpgTAF_Plastics.jpg

#40 10 years ago

TAF Owners... I started a thread on how to build your own Limo mod..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-limo-mod-building-my-own

All this being said, I am in bad need of a play field. I passed on a few here lately, and wished i didn't. I need a hook-up..

#41 10 years ago

I need help with preventing further mansion wear. I am having trouble finding a hard wax I can layer and protect the area. I am considering a Mylar overlay to protect it....but am afraid that if I ever decide to restore the playfield, removing it with cause more issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

Hey fellow TAF owners! I am finishing up my shop job and I am not sure where these plastics go. Can someone help me with where these plastics belong in the machine. I know some of these aren't actually used, but I wasn't sure which ones. Thanks in advance for your help!

TAF_Plastics.jpg 56 KB

1 and 3 are used to hold lights over bookcase and thing metal ramp I think?

2 and 4 are not used, similar to archway/window plastic

#43 10 years ago

whats the 2nd plastic from the top left ?.... wheres that plastic go. ive seen it for sale around, but never worked out where it would go. thanks.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

whats the 2nd plastic from the top left ?.... wheres that plastic go. ive seen it for sale around, but never worked out where it would go. thanks.

It is one of those plastics that ended up as "never used" when the pin finally was released

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from mima:

It is one of those plastics that ended up as "never used" when the pin finally was released

ah i see. thanks.

my TAF is currently getting a new main ramp. so that will look better. the old one had a tinted ramp on it, and didnt look that good. got some good mods on it, so cant wait to get back playing it.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Funone:

I need help with preventing further mansion wear. I am having trouble finding a hard wax I can layer and protect the area. I am considering a Mylar overlay to protect it....but am afraid that if I ever decide to restore the playfield, removing it with cause more issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

usually the mylar can come off without any issues. freeze spray/and goo gone works very well. no heat guns. im not a fan of mylar though, but it is on my TAF over the mansion. but i guess at some stage in the future when i have time, ill do a PF restore.

#47 10 years ago

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was able to get pics of my TAF while I was back in Florida. The toxic waste containers came from a model train. You get two with the car. The tombstones are also from a train set. All the grass and weeds are aquarium grass. The frogs are D & D game pieces. I like the alligator from one of the other posts. looking for one that size for my Junkyard. Beware of Thing sign is made by a guy that stopped making them a couple years ago. Addam's figure's are from the '60's or '70's. I also have a foghorn doorbell wired into the start button.Seattle-Vancouver 2011 384.JPGSeattle-Vancouver 2011 384.JPGSeattle-Vancouver 2011 386.JPGSeattle-Vancouver 2011 386.JPGSeattle-Vancouver 2011 387.JPGSeattle-Vancouver 2011 387.JPGSeattle-Vancouver 2011 388.JPGSeattle-Vancouver 2011 388.JPGSeattle-Vancouver 2011 389.JPGSeattle-Vancouver 2011 389.JPG

#48 10 years ago

I love the painted chair. That's definitely on my future project list.

#49 10 years ago

I'm adding the TV set, but it is supposed to connect to the 5v test pin on the power driver board, mine is a new rotten dog board, and does not have test posts, just pads. I need a better source for constant 5 v power. Anybody else have any suggestions for a better hook up?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeMaynard21:

I also have a foghorn doorbell wired into the start button.

I would love to see/hear a video of this and see how it was done! Cool idea!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

30,000 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.