IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vilant.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

Yea, but do you have an alligator in your swamp?
TAF rebuild 001.jpgTAF rebuild 001.jpg

#20 10 years ago

I've never seen one below $4000, even beat up ones. Doesn't mean that they weren't sold for less than that though. I paid $2500-$2900 back in '03 or "04 (can't remember it's been so long, and I don't have a receipt because it was a cash deal through a private seller. And mine was pretty beat up). Generally people don't give them up once they have one. Would you want to fix one up yourself or have everything done already?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I just recently bought one in pretty close condition as discribed above. Just want to get the feal for if it was a good/ok/bad deal. Payed about 3500

Sounds like a good deal. I would like a pin that needs TLC and just buy what it needs slowly over time rather than dumping a lot on a pin that needs nothing. It's kinda like a payment plan .

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Managed to buy mine for $1700 shopped out from a retailer back in 2001.
Those were the good old days

Now that's a deal

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

That is wise approach, the one I'm taking with MB. (Not sure if it will work though... I probably overpayed for my Addams )

As long as your happy with it, that's all that matters. There always seems to be a better deal after you buy something (should be in Murphy's Law )

5 months later
#117 9 years ago

Is the coil weak? Did the welds break on your scoop assembly? Very common that they break, and it puts some slop in the scoop (left, right movement). I tied mine together with a wire underneath where you can't see it. The proper way to fix it is to re-tac the welds. Not sure if this your problem, but it might help.
P.S. Mima, I love your machine. It looks great, nice job.

#121 9 years ago

Yes. Underneath the bookcase there is a height adjustment. Spinning it one way raises it and the other lowers it. I think you loosen the Philip screw on the bottom then spin the nut up or down. Make sure the plastic at the bottom of the bookcase hasn't broke or crumpled. You'll have to shim it or buy a new one, as it won't sit level.

6 months later
#222 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Joined the club last week and am in need of some instruction cards for the apron. Any recommendation for some good ones?

Here ya go. There may be more if you go through the thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-create-your-own-custom-rule-cards#post-303661

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm just finishing up a playfield restoration.I have a set of plastics from IPB. Can anyone explain where these supposedly went/go. Its always interesting to see some of these unique plastics.

I thought they were used on the proto games but ended up getting deleted from production. I'm trying to remember where they went, and I could be wrong, but... I thought the longer skinny green one originally went somewhere on top of the side rail in the graveyard. I think the arch went in front of the side ramp entrance (not positive)? Someone who really knows might chime in.

1 month later
#263 9 years ago

Any Addams owners ever see this? In certain animations I'm getting extra pixels on the display. It's not the ribbon cable and not the display. Most animations are fine, it's just a few. Any ideas?

Well if your sure it's not the ribbon cables because you have all new ones, then my next guess would be the RAM chip at U24 (Although I would of thought it needed new cables). Hopefully others will chime in so you can get a consensus.
Personally I would pull the DMD board and check all the components, possible there's a bad IC in there. It's nice to have a board to test against (I have CFTBL and TAF, they use alot of the same boards).

1 week later
#270 9 years ago

While I'm in troubleshooting mode, any suggestions for a weak kickout on the chair scoop? It can get so bad that sometimes when I hit two balls in it during multiball it won't kick them all the way out.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I had this same problem with my CftBL and resolved it by just adjusting the kickout coil underneath the playfield. ... sometimes it just gets out of alignment and it does not hit the ball right in the middle!

Like amendes said, try adjusting first. If that doesn't work, check the transistors that control it. Q64 Outhole or Q70 Lockup Kickout on the driver board (according to the operations manual), not sure which is the swamp kickout. If they're OK, then a new coil is needed.

11 months later
#608 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Swapped out my old smokey ramp for a new crystal clear one.

Would you sell the old one? If so, how much? I'd be interested.

3 months later
#908 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody have a clue on this one? My Thing hand won't move because I'm missing the linkage between these two parts (moving motor plate and the Thing hand camshaft). Are these available?
Here's a pic without the opto board and you can see the piece connecting the two metal plates. Rotated picture of mine below it for comparison.
I think I may have found the piece inside the game but not sure how to secure it - I think I'm looking for a small screw type thingee. It's in there somewhere...I hope!

Does this help? Looks like the screw is either 6/32, or 1/4-20. Most machine screws used on TAF are 6/32, 8/32, 10/32, or 1/4-20 of varying lengths. Most hardware stores carry them and if they're too long buy the bolt cutting wire strippers that cut 6-/32 to 10/32.pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vilant.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=vilant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.