5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,994 posts
  • 355 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by shriver187
  • Topic is favorited by 215 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 983 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B673E7FC-079C-47E2-A3AA-B691B2AF13A3 (resized).jpeg
pcb (resized).jpg
plunger (resized).jpg
coil (resized).jpg
hole (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
539EC5E7-65C9-40DA-9135-5A60D692D56B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).JPG
IMG_0804 (resized).JPG
IMG_0802 (resized).JPG
IMG_0792 (resized).JPG
IMG_0789 (resized).JPG
2019-04-30_10-19-11 (resized).png
2019-04-30_10-19-40 (resized).png
2019-04-29_20-46-33 (resized).png
E555C168-C14B-472B-8F13-A4E28987F03E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider philwojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 5 years ago

I paid $2,000, but it was a lot back in the very late 90's, maybe 98 or 99, can't remember to be honest. It was very popular and hard to find then and the internet was not what it is today. It was in good shape, but not great. Still glad we got it then and still love playing it. Just did a lot of work on it in the past few weeks and added a lot of mods to it.

Phil

9 months later
#196 4 years ago

Thanks PinZig, but quick question, I don't know anything about Classic Play Fields Rep, do you or does anyone else, especially in regards to the TAF PF? Not questioning them as I know they are bad, just asking as I don't know anything about them is all.

Also, how much work is required by me if I do purchase one of these, I have never done anything like a PF replacement? I do have some obvious mansion wear though and some other issues, so just thinking about this for now.

Thanks,
Phil

2 months later
#224 4 years ago

Those are mostly pre-production plastics and they don't get used. The one small one in your pic (upper left) might not be part of that though, it goes on top of one of the pop bumpers, I think.

There are threads on here about these you can search for it and find out more about it.

Phil

2 months later
#286 4 years ago

I have the Tour the Mansion Kit on mine from leesparts and love it!! It really adds a ton of great lighting to all the right places for me.

I also went with the Cointake Premimum non-ghosting kit for Addams family and have really liked that as well:
http://cointaker.com/t/addams-family

Phil

#291 4 years ago

It keeps the ball from hanging up in the swap. There can be a "dead" area in the swamp and the ball can get stuck there or move slowly through that area. This just sticks in place and prevents that from happening.

Phil

1 month later
#328 3 years ago

I think most MODs can be undone, but some, like stickers might not do so well to take them off. I put on the bookcase sticker set and I love it, and you could probably get it off, just not sure on that to be honest.

Otherwise most mod's, that I put on at least, are reversible. I put in Uncle Lester in the chair and he can easily come out if you wanted. I also did a lot of light mods and those were all just clip on mods, so again, they can easily come back off.

I did change my flipper buttons to be clear with a blue LED on them and those I had to screw in on the inside of the cabinet, you could back those out and put in the originals, but the small screw holes inside would be left.

I can't think of any MODs that are permanent off hand, though I could just be forgetting something.

phil

5 months later
#425 3 years ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

Just brought an Addams Family home a couple days ago! I'm waiting on my Novus clean/wax kit to come and new balls. I also ordered the magnet fuse kit. I have a couple questions:
How is the Fester mod usually secured to the chair? Previous owner used a rubber band...
What LED kit is preferred? Cointaker?
My mansion is in pretty good shape, how do I keep it that way? Anyone use an overlay/mylar just for that area?
Thanks everybody!

478903_1.jpg

My Uncle Lester mod is not secured in any way, it is wide enough that it is just a snug fit, and being it is rubber it stays in place without any issues, at least for me.

As for the other questions I don't have any feedback at this point.

Phil

#433 3 years ago

Ha, I actually think that is kind of cool that he moves! But I can see why you are asking, I don't have that mod, so i really can't offer up any help, sorry.

Phil

#435 3 years ago

I put in the Cointakers premium non-ghosting kit and I like it a lot, though I don't have anything to compare it to if I am being honest!

Phil

3 months later
#567 3 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Available at LeesParts.com Lights the cloud blue all the time but still allows the flashers to be visible when active.
http://www.leesparts.com/products/addams-cloudtopper-light.html
Cloud_Topper_Installed_(resized).jpg

I have this mod from Lee's, I love it, it doesn't flash, as he stated, it is always on and it is a LED strip. Simple to install, but I think it adds to the game, at least for me.

I have many other of Lee's mods as well, love them all.

Phil

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nah... it goes straight to the seller pockets...

I highly doubt that, shipping charges have gone way up on stuff even within the US in the last few years. I used to be able to ship things, by standard mail, or UPS or FedEx really cheap. Something like an xmas ornament would cost me US $2-3 to ship, and now it costs me US $6-8, it is just crazy.

2 weeks later
#625 3 years ago

I agree with accidental on this one, the cost of materials is one thing, the development and R&D are another. As well as the time to source the parts and assemble the units and then ship them. That all takes time and time isn't free.

Now, do I think $160+ is a great price, not at all, but as accidental said, if people are buying it at that price then that is the price it will be. If the seller had 100's of them in stock and they don't sell at $160, maybe they lower the price at that point since they don't want to sit on the stock. But until that happens they will probably remain at that price.

If you don't like it, source the materials yourself, build it and see how that goes for you. But if you do that track your time and see just how long all that takes and see if it is then worth it to dish out the $160, or whatever the price is, next time you want a MOD you feel is overpriced.

Phil

4 months later
#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from mima:

My latest The Addams Family mod is coming together pretty nicely. I believe.

Do you have a thread detailing this MOD?

1 month later
#1144 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Who here has painted the chair? I remember someone posted some cool pics a while back. I would like to get one just like that. How much? PM me

I don't recall anyone selling them, the few I have seen have all been done by hand by the owners of the machines. But maybe my memory is off.

Phil

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 999.00
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, MN
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 18.95
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hardware
CPR Playfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider philwojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside