IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fast_in_muskoka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Yea, but do you have an alligator in your swamp?

TAF rebuild 001.jpg 199 KB

that's a good one . . .

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Toxic waste, too

yeah, I like the toxic waste container too !

Wonder where he got that one.

2 months later
#56 10 years ago

Gotta love the toxic waste container, let me know if you have an extra that you would part with !

regards,

Steve

Quoted from MikeMaynard21:

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was able to get pics of my TAF while I was back in Florida. The toxic waste containers came from a model train. You get two with the car. The tombstones are also from a train set. All the grass and weeds are aquarium grass. The frogs are D & D game pieces. I like the alligator from one of the other posts. looking for one that size for my junkyard. Beware of Thing sign is made by a guy that stopped making them a couple years ago. Addam's figure's are from the '60's or '70's. I also have a foghorn doorbell wired into the start button.

Seattle-Vancouver 2011 384.JPG 117 KB

Seattle-Vancouver 2011 386.JPG 142 KB

Seattle-Vancouver 2011 387.JPG 89 KB

Seattle-Vancouver 2011 388.JPG 130 KB

Seattle-Vancouver 2011 389.JPG 124 KB

1 year later
#475 8 years ago

last time i talked to duct tape he said undetermined . . .

#480 8 years ago

It was right before he bolted from pinside - I think, so late last year . . .

Quoted from golfingdad1:

When was that, recently. ?

1 week later
#510 8 years ago

The bottom one looks like a pain in the thing to put on . . .

. . . is it ?

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I highly recommend: ebay.com link » Addams Family Pinball Bookcase Decal Set Mod

#513 8 years ago
Quoted from trab:

The one i ordered was, i took the whole bookcase out to do it. Wasnt bad once the case was out and it needed to be cleaned anyways.

that's what I thought, but they do look great when installed.

1 year later
#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from gilders:

I bought my TAF 15 years ago. I was told that it was a rare one as it has Thing flicking the ball towards the player on the left side of the cabinet. I was told that this was because it was one of the very first ones built.
I think it must be fairly rare as I've only seen one other like it on line.
But is the story about it being one of the first ones made true?
Or is there some other reason for the side art being different on my TAF?

what's the serial # of your TAF ?

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from gilders:

The label with the serial number is there, but the number itself has been scrapped off.
Any ideas why someone would do this?
As far as I'm aware, the cabinet has never been refurbished.

serial numbers can be found in various locations inside the pin, circuit boards, inside to the right of the coin door, etc.

1 month later
#1388 7 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Are your clouds painted black?

looks like one of the aftermarket / non-original "black" toppers . . .

8 months later
#1834 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Anyone know where I can get the ramp flap metal? Didn’t realize the clear ramp from Mr. Pinball wouldn’t include them...

a company in Germany or UK will mail die cut versions to you, it's been a while - I'll take a look

8 months later
#2396 5 years ago

TZ as well as other wood rails too

Quoted from jimmyb:

A nice condition Addams Family up for auction Saturday Sept 15 in Canada. Online bidding is available.
https://www.millerandmillerauctions.com/catalog.aspx?searchby=3&searchvalue=pinball

1 month later
#2538 5 years ago

sweet TAFG, and nice carpet !

Quoted from snowvictim:

Good progress on the cabinet lol, starting the backbox tonight, will start grounding everything during breaks from sanding, filling, and painting.
[quoted image]

4 months later
#2801 5 years ago

PM SENT

Quoted from tdunbar:

Just3DMods reproduced Thing Box remolded after an original. I have this first reproduced thing box for sale at a reduced cost to someone who might want to have it and help make sure it fits in a TAF. Should work fine so selling it for 50 plus 8 to ship and if it doesn't will redo and resend another. If this works out we will sell more at 75 plus 8 to ship. Anyone interested in this remade box then PM me and I have just this one at this time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 months later
#2977 4 years ago

random extra points is correct

Quoted from stavio:

Anyone running gold rom know if there is an extra mode or bonus for collecting all of cousin its goodies (hair spray, car keys, etc) or if its just random extra points at random times for mansion lights?

2 months later
#3153 4 years ago

Lot of these NOS have shown up for sale lately . . .

Quoted from Barr993:

Beware the ebay NOS translites...
Backstory: I've had bad luck with translites, original in my machine is scratched, I bought a crappy NextGen on ebay a couple of years ago but never installed and never returned it, was then looking to buy an NOS one on ebay that was 10 miles from my house but seller wouldn't allow an inspection so passed on that one, bought another NOS off ebay but by the time it got from CA to NJ it was beat up on the ends too bad to use.
So fast forward to a week or 2 ago, saw another NOS pop up on ebay. All the right description, seller confirmed it was NOS and screen printed. Looking back, the pics were a suspect but seller had perfect feedback so I went for it. Immediately knew it was NextGen when I got it, not a bad one, had clear registration but washed out when lit. Seller said it was in with other NOS translites so he assumed it was NOS too. Utimately returned it for a refund with no issue.
Not going to out the seller here or in PM. Just want to give a heads up to those also looking for an NOS translite. If it looks to good to be true...

5 months later
#3518 4 years ago

Can the LEDs be replaced, or are they soldered in place ?

Awesome mod !

Quoted from robgo777:

Hey Everyone,
Just joined the club the other day and we love our TAF so far. Finally something my wife and I can both agree on!
I went to install a ColorDMD and immediately ran into the issue with the "THING" light board being in the way. Looked through this forum and found that it can be installed in the highest position but you will have to monkey around with closing the backbox light panel first and removing one of the lamps in order to install the display panel. I am in and out of my backbox enough that to me this is just too much of a PITA. Then I read through some more posts and saw that there was a company that made an aftermarket board.. but the link to their website doesn't seem to work any more. I also saw that CLEllison was attempting to make one but looks like he wasn't able to finish it.
Anyways, I decided to design and create my own. Below are some pictures of the finished board. I chose to use 3000k warm white LEDs to try and mimic the original incandescent look, however I am also ordering a batch with 5700k cool white LEDs. It fits flush with a black colored PCB so there is no light that bleeds through back onto the DMD. I updated the design so that it will fit with a set of Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro speakers without having to remove them. There is some slight ghosting though, but it isn't too bad IMO. I believe there is a solution to fix ghosting LEDs... OCD LED Board... and it should work with this thing light board however I do not have one to test it.
If anyone wants one just let me know with a PM including (Subject: TAF Thing Board, Quantity, Full Mailing Address). Not looking to make anything off these, just trying to help others out. Also not trying to step on anyone else's toes.. e.g. CLEllison or that other company that made them, or anyone else planning to in the future. The price per unit should only be about $10-$15 plus shipping and will come fully assembled and ready to plug and play. The manufacturer I am using is closed until Feb 1st, and they are about a 3 week turn-around so expect them in stock around the middle to end of February.
All that being said I am thrilled to be apart of the club. We have already installed one of our shaker kits in the machine and it is amazing. Got it set to trigger with the topper lightning flasher. We are also planning to bring the machine with us to Pinfest for everyone to play at our booth.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 year later
#4169 3 years ago

check this out ( not mine ) . . .

ebay.com link: itm

#4172 3 years ago

I've never seen one in Canada before

Quoted from fiberdude120:

I remember seeing them all up and down the boardwalk at one time.

10 months later
#4583 2 years ago

How high will it go ? ( not mine )

#4589 2 years ago

Difficult not to think about it when prices are what they are

Quoted from fiberdude120:

I dont know but am watching. I am thinking of selling mine and this may be a good idea of asking price.

1 month later
#4786 2 years ago

TZ listed as well

Quoted from monkfe:

anyone following the three TAF's on ebay...seems like an odd way to list these machines....

1 week later
#4795 2 years ago

PM sent

Quoted from CubeSnake:

I just realized I still have my NOS cloud from my last TAF (let that one go back in '06) if anyone needs it, PM me with an offer. Thanks!

11 months later
#5452 1 year ago

I`ve only seen this in Canadian EM Gottliebs, where second transformer is a 110VAC to 110VAC isolation transformer . . .

. . . adds about 30 lbs of unnecessary weight too

Quoted from Williampinball:

Does anyone know why some TAF has two trasformers in the base Cab

IMG_8485 (resized).JPGIMG_8485 (resized).JPGIMG_8486 (resized).JPGIMG_8486 (resized).JPG
#5457 1 year ago

Here`s the other side

I`ve never seen one of these isolation transformers on a Canadian TAF before.

I just remove them from my Gottliebs and sell them.

Quoted from Williampinball:

Ya the one u have looks the same one on the left side

IMG_8487 (resized).JPGIMG_8487 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#5519 1 year ago

ask this guy, he has ordered every single part ! :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-scratch-build/page/70#post-7407312

Quoted from defonze88:

Does anyone know if there is a Playfield hardware list? I see one in the manual but seems to be missing parts I am starting a playfield swap and would like all new hardware Thanks,

1 week later
#5557 1 year ago

never worked on with DE flipper, lol

Quoted from pinballinreno:

My original un-restored game (all original, un-maintained or worked on "ever" etc...):
double ring post on the lane adjusters:
[quoted image]
Purple posts at the bottom of the slings:
[quoted image]
This should be definitive.

#5569 1 year ago

Holy Shit - Words of Wisdom !

Quoted from Playdium:

Disassembled the 5 pop bumpers today. Not much fun with those damn lamp leads. Next, I'll replace the stand up targets. Still enjoy this better than a 9-5 job. Happily retired!

#5576 1 year ago

Wednesday Addams v1 / v2 are kinda kool

Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Hi everyone,
I'd like to share with you the gallery of all the mods I've made for my Addams Family pinball!
Thank you
https://www.dystopicpinball.com/my-pinball-gallery/the-addams-family

2 weeks later
#5629 1 year ago

Anyone purchase one of these, ( not mine ) ?

1 month later
#5794 11 months ago

FORD = Fast Only Rolling Downhill, LOL !

Quoted from dmacy:

Camaros suck. But they’re not the worst. I’m on our local Mustang club board so I have to say that. Right freddy

8 months later
#6431 3 months ago

I've got many NOS TAF parts and assemblies, never seen the cloud topper NOS though . . .

Quoted from mmr61184:

Anybody have an original good condition topper they want to sell. NOS would be amazing but I know that’s like finding gold in the street

#6440 3 months ago

yes on plastics, I plan on listing a hoard of TAF & TZ parts in the next few weeks.

Quoted from mmr61184:

Any extra plastic sets you would part with

#6450 3 months ago

PM Sent

Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

FS:
Used original Addams Family Apron with Ball Guard with New Set of Decals
85$ plus $20 for USPS shipping
US Shipping only
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 1,159.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fast_in_muskoka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=fast_in_muskoka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.