(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,005 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Morgoth00
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pizzaman13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5256 3 years ago

Every time I consider buying ACNC I open up to this forum and get scared off by all the technical issues. I am the kind of collector that just wants to play...Having to consistently mess with electronics is not my forte. Sure, I get it, owning a pinball machine always requires some attention but with ACNC seems to be a consistent problem for most owners.

Is this an accurate portrayal? I keep trying to talk myself into buying but concerned.

3 months later
#5664 3 years ago

I’m new to the club, I’ve had the game for a couple weeks. Early, I got a few Frankenstein ball locks. I have no idea what allows for that lock. Now it’s been another 25-30 games and I havent had one.

The 0diverted never seems to move. I’m always ending up in the upper play field. Do I need to do something to become eligible for that lock? I’m wondering if I’m just a lousy player or if something isn’t working correctly.

One related additional issue, when I end up in the upper play field, when i hit the drop target it goes down but then pops right back up.

Anyone else had this problem? Any suggested fixes?

#5667 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You need to go into servo tests to test it

That answers the drop target, thanks. But the left ramp doesn’t allow for the first ball lock. The diverter is always sending me to the upper play field.

The only servo I could find in test was under settings which I put into default settings. I couldn’t find an actual servo test.

#5671 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Check your upper drop target

It’s usually up. And when I knock it down it pops right back up. Occasionally it will stay down and when I shoot the ramp behind it it just goes around the orbit and down to main play field. For whatever reason, the diverter never switches to allow the ball to lock at Frankenstein.

#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

For whatever reason, the diverter never switches to allow the ball to lock at Frankenstein.

Spooky support diagnosed it as a burned out Servo. Anyone had experience in replacing the Frankenstein Servo? Any installation/replacement tips?

#5686 3 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

But make sure that under the playfield your wire didn't come undone

My “blown servo”, you were right Stemmi. The wire came loose. Or at least that is what it appears to be. Can anyone point me to where this plugs in? I can’t see where it came from.

BB87D28E-06EA-42DF-A697-6ED0A3249689 (resized).jpegBB87D28E-06EA-42DF-A697-6ED0A3249689 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#6402 2 years ago

I’m pretty new to this and don’t want to burn anything up. I was looking to add an LED light strip. Is there an easy place for a 6.3 v strip to attach or is everything 12v.

1 year later
#7230 1 year ago

I loved playing it but yes, it did require more fiddling with, swapping out some difficult to reach servos, and other miscellaneous items. Frank lock switches swapped out, guillotine never seemed to work quite right, magnets get a little squirrely without adjustment. Definitely more upkeep than any of my other machines. Spooky is a great help but you still have to be willing to do the work to make the fixes happen.

Beautiful machine, a blast to play but understand what you’re getting in to.

Quoted from dnapac:

Mine was plagued with gremlins for a while. As soon as I fixed something, another thing seemed to break.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, FL
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pizzaman13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=pizzaman13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.