(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 161.
#6401 2 years ago

Spooky has the best customer service in the game.

Love this company.

#6402 2 years ago

I’m pretty new to this and don’t want to burn anything up. I was looking to add an LED light strip. Is there an easy place for a 6.3 v strip to attach or is everything 12v.

#6403 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Spooky has the best customer service in the game.
Love this company.

Spooky’s customer service is TOP NOTCH. I had some issues with my ACNC topper and they took all the time in the world to help me even though I was the second owner of the game. AP is also top notch when it comes to customer service. Stern, not so good. And JJP is despicable. From now on I’m only buying games from Spooky and AP. For all we’re spending on new pins these days if a company won’t be there to stand behind their product I want nothing to do with them.

#6404 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Spooky’s customer service is TOP NOTCH. I had some issues with my ACNC topper and they took all the time in the world to help me even though I was the second owner of the game. AP is also top notch when it comes to customer service. Stern, not so good. And JJP is despicable. From now on I’m only buying games from Spooky and AP. For all we’re spending on new pins these days if a company won’t be there to stand behind their product I want nothing to do with them.

You should really find a good distributor to deal with that can handle 99% of your needs for tech support. There are a few of them out there that can help you after the sale is over.

#6405 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

You should really find a good distributor to deal with that can handle 99% of your needs for tech support. There are a few of them out there that can help you after the sale is over.

My ACNC was a private sale from a fellow Pinsider. But I agree with you. I thought I had a dependable distributor here in Florida, but when I called him interested in getting a GNR LE back in October he never called me back though I called 4 times and left messages. I’d want a distributor more reliable than that.

#6406 2 years ago

My ACNC was a private sale from a fellow Pinsider. But I agree with you. I thought I had a dependable distributor here in Florida, but when I called him interested in getting a GNR LE back in October he never called me back though I called 4 times and left messages. I’d want a distributor more reliable than that.

That KingPinGames guy is pretty good. He's the one who sold me my ACNC, actually.

#6407 2 years ago

It all depends on what you are looking for in a distributor. If you need someone to deliver and install the game, do maintenance, have the ability to trade in games, then you will need a local distributor. On the other hand, if you are capable of all of the above and need someone that answers the phone when you call, does their own tech support (and possibly even tech support for some companies), and will be upfront and honest with you, then let us know.

www.KingPinGames.net
[email protected]

we are authorized distributors for

Stern
Jersey Jack
Chicago Gaming
Spooky
American Pinball

Raw Thrills
Incredible Technologies
Namco home sales
and many more.

#6408 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

It all depends on what you are looking for in a distributor. If you need someone to deliver and install the game, do maintenance, have the ability to trade in games, then you will need a local distributor. On the other hand, if you are capable of all of the above and need someone that answers the phone when you call, does their own tech support (and possibly even tech support for some companies), and will be upfront and honest with you, then let us know.
www.KingPinGames.net
[email protected]
we are authorized distributors for
Stern
Jersey Jack
Chicago Gaming
Spooky
American Pinball
Raw Thrills
Incredible Technologies
Namco home sales
and many more.

I will definitely keep you in mind for my next purchase, which I’m thinking will probably be the next offering from AP...possibly Spooky, though the only rumored title that interests me is Scooby, and I doubt they’ll make that.

#6409 2 years ago

Hope not.

#6410 2 years ago

Hey folks! I just purchased an ACNC and I absolutely adore it. It's possibly the most fun game I've acquired in a long time.

That said, has there been any development on resetting high scores by a menu item? I reset all the GCs/high scores in my place every month and it feels weird to have to re-install the software (1.1.0.5) every time.

Awesome, challenging game!

#6411 2 years ago
Quoted from triggur:

Hey folks! I just purchased an ACNC and I absolutely adore it. It's possibly the most fun game I've acquired in a long time.
That said, has there been any development on resetting high scores by a menu item? I reset all the GCs/high scores in my place every month and it feels weird to have to re-install the software (1.1.0.5) every time.
Awesome, challenging game!

No, sadly. Not now, anyways. (MAYBE in a future update?)

#6412 2 years ago

With every ad I post when I sell a game, I get at least one offer for my ACNC.

I don't even advertise that game. They must be going through my collection just to see what else I have.

The demand for this game is definitely increasing. I wonder if it's due to the popularity of R&M.

#6413 2 years ago

Curious -
Sometimes the 'combo' arrows light up a deeper yellow/orange. Is that indicating anything specific, or just something amiss in the software?

#6414 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Curious -
Sometimes the 'combo' arrows light up a deeper yellow/orange. Is that indicating anything specific, or just something amiss in the software?

I had two bulbs of the GI creating multiple colours, except the white they should. Actually it was an issue of loose connectors. I bent the pins al little bit and that solved the problem.
Maybe it could be the same with your lamps!?

#6415 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Maybe it could be the same with your lamps!?

Nono, this is a light animation effect. It only happens when the arrows are flashing for a combo, and then only *sometimes*.

I DO have a bad light, so I'm familiar with what you're saying (I tested and it's the lamp itself, not the connection. My 'RBG' lost the 'R'. Heh.)

1 week later
#6416 2 years ago

How many people check here everyday for Alice updates? . I’ve recently been trying hard to get to billion dollar babies. Boy what a game!! Getting closer.

#6417 2 years ago

Still paying good money for a nightmare castle pinball flyer for the pinball flyer database, someone on here must have one ?
https://nypinball.com/top-100/

#6418 2 years ago

My left ramp opto switch started tweaking out. Triggering on its own very frequently. I will be investigating this further this week, checking for proper alignment and wiring. Anyone else deal with a similar issue yet? If the opto is bad, anyone know which one is the proper replacement? The manual parts section looks to be a wip. I haven't had to deal with any opto sensor issues yet; anything else I should be looking at other than wiring and alignment or a dirty lens?

Cheers!

#6419 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

My left ramp opto switch started tweaking out. Triggering on its own very frequently. I will be investigating this further this week, checking for proper alignment and wiring. Anyone else deal with a similar issue yet? If the opto is bad, anyone know which one is the proper replacement? The manual parts section looks to be a wip. I haven't had to deal with any opto sensor issues yet; anything else I should be looking at other than wiring and alignment or a dirty lens?
Cheers!

I just joined the club this past weekend...got mine home and the right upper ramp opto was firing off on its own. Check the wiring first, mine was just a loose connector. There is a lot of play on these crappy connectors, spooky is definitely making the right move switching to all molex.

#6420 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Cheers!

Look at the connector plug. Splay the prongs so they make good contact.

Check the solder joints for dry solder.

If it needs replacing I believe they are the standard Williams optos from Pinball Life.

rd

#6422 2 years ago

Was just rebuilding my ACNC's flippers for the first time. Ordered a regular williams rebuild kit and as I'm replacing parts I realize that my return springs don't match. The ones that were on my game from the factory look way bigger? Anyone know what's going on with that? I replaced them with the 'correct' williams springs, and my flippers seem a bit stronger

#6423 2 years ago

[quoted image]https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball

Yes! Saw this post on Instagram and snagged one. Really unexpected that these resurfaced after being sold out for so long. Was lucky enough to play a couple games on location when it first came out, and was very impressed with the overall presentation. Great looking game, and I love the dark, cartoony castle theme. First NIB for me, so really stoked. Should look good next to the AMH!

#6424 2 years ago

Now you have to find an RZ. well done.

#6425 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Now you have to find an RZ. well done.

Dare to dream!

#6426 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Dare to dream!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497239890571190/permalink/2614060728889095/

In Australia today, but it's a sign that it's possible.

#6427 2 years ago

Just saw Spooky put ACNC up for order again for a limited amount. I have never played it and my wife is a huge AC fan and monster fan. Is this worth getting?

I like to play games first before I buy. And of course Spooky hasn’t announced their new game yet. Only one I want is Scooby and that most likely will not be happen.

Appreciate any feedback. Never played a spooky pin btw.

#6428 2 years ago

Can't go worong. Endorsed by rotordave

#6429 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Just saw Spooky put ACNC up for order again for a limited amount. I have never played it and my wife is a huge AC fan and monster fan. Is this worth getting?
I like to play games first before I buy. And of course Spooky hasn’t announced their new game yet. Only one I want is Scooby and that most likely will not be happen.

It is an amazing game and worth getting for sure. It is tough and a hard game to shoot, much like R&M is, but I love hard games that are a challenge. Unfortunately, I have to move one of my pins and I think ACNC is the one that will be leaving. Not because it is my least favorite, but it gets the least play in my house as I am pretty much the only one that flips it. I am going to miss it tremendously, so take it for what its worth.

#6430 2 years ago

On 2nd thought, RZ might be too scary for my daughter. And by my daughter, I mean me.

#6431 2 years ago

[quoted image]https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball

I just grabbed one! Joining the club soon!

#6432 2 years ago

It is very difficult and can be very frustrating until you find the shots. Then it becomes really fun and a good challenge. The animations and sounds are great, and the light show is pretty good too.

Once I beat the game though it didn’t have much replay ability for me. There wasn’t much left to do that made me want to keep hitting start.

#6433 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't go worong. Endorsed by rotordave

Ha!

I’m sure that’ll sell a few units.

Or not.

rd

#6434 2 years ago

ACNC is my 4th spooky pin. I have to say, it's "almost" my favorite. Great game. I agree that the shots are really tight and can be frustrating if you "brick" them a lot. But once you dial in your shots it's actually pretty awesome. Lots of varied goal shots for the various modes... it's not just do the same thing 5 times in a ladder or something.

The best I've done is 5 monsters defeated, so I've got a ways to go before I can beat the game. Time will tell if it's a long term keeper or not, but for now I love playing it, and am very happy I got a one.

#6435 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It is very difficult and can be very frustrating until you find the shots. Then it becomes really fun and a good challenge. The animations and sounds are great, and the light show is pretty good too.
Once I beat the game though it didn’t have much replay ability for me. There wasn’t much left to do that made me want to keep hitting start.

Thanks Chuck! I have not beaten one game I own yet lol. Not a great player like you.

#6436 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

ACNC is my 4th spooky pin. I have to say, it's "almost" my favorite. Great game. I agree that the shots are really tight and can be frustrating if you "brick" them a lot. But once you dial in your shots it's actually pretty awesome. Lots of varied goal shots for the various modes... it's not just do the same thing 5 times in a ladder or something.
The best I've done is 5 monsters defeated, so I've got a ways to go before I can beat the game. Time will tell if it's a long term keeper or not, but for now I love playing it, and am very happy I got a one.

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it! Definitely helps. Which version (upgrades) did you get?

#6437 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

It is an amazing game and worth getting for sure. It is tough and a hard game to shoot, much like R&M is, but I love hard games that are a challenge. Unfortunately, I have to move one of my pins and I think ACNC is the one that will be leaving. Not because it is my least favorite, but it gets the least play in my house as I am pretty much the only one that flips it. I am going to miss it tremendously, so take it for what its worth.

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it. Hopefully get a chance to try it. Pinsider in cave creek AZ offered to let me try one. Hopefully I get to before they sell out.

#6438 2 years ago

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it! Definitely helps. Which version (upgrades) did you get?

Pretty much everything but butter cabinet and powder coin door. I got it 2nd hand and it had the volcano medisinyl mod already.

#6439 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Pretty much everything but butter cabinet and powder coin door. I got it 2nd hand and it had the volcano medisinyl mod already.

The medisinyl mods look pretty damn good.

#6440 2 years ago

The medisinyl mods look pretty damn good.

medisinyl mods RGB Crypt (if you have the lighted speakers) and Volcano are musts!! Also, shaker, knocker, plastic protectors and art blades. Glow in the dark TITAN silicone rings and posts are great to! There is also a dungeon wall decal that is real nice to make the castle wall section in front of Frank match the sculpts.

#6441 2 years ago

Well, that was quick. Sold out.

B7358CB9-7BFC-4E6B-ADB3-51EF854FE794 (resized).jpegB7358CB9-7BFC-4E6B-ADB3-51EF854FE794 (resized).jpeg

#6442 2 years ago

Wow. I thought for sure they'd last longer than a few hours.

#6443 2 years ago

I have two games available in my allotment still if anyone is looking.

plastic protectors, interior graphics, knocker, shaker, speaker kit, target decals, blue powder coat, coin box and lid, and powder coated coin door.

Selling price

$7235 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes.

#6444 2 years ago

Wonder what #'s this group is/was from..

#6445 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Wonder what #'s this group is/was from..

Same here. I'll report back when mine shows up.

#6446 2 years ago
#6447 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

medisinyl mods RGB Crypt (if you have the lighted speakers) and Volcano are musts!! Also, shaker, knocker, plastic protectors and art blades. Glow in the dark TITAN silicone rings and posts are great to! There is also a dungeon wall decal that is real nice to make the castle wall section in front of Frank match the sculpts.

I appreciate the mention, but to clarify, the lighted speakers aren't necessary for the RGB crypt interaction (instructions show where to connect the wires without the speaker lights, and it's the way I run it in my game).

-----------------‐

Otherwise, I recently satisfied everyone that was on my ACNC lists, so if I missed anyone, please let me know. I now have some ACNC mods ready to ship.

I'm planning to discontinue the castle arch/tunnel mod (EDIT: Sold out of what I had on hand) and vampire tower (EDIT 2: Sold out), but would consider one final run if there was enough interest in those pieces (4+ by the end of this week).

Once AMH is finished, there may be another mod or two for ACNC (had more plans before getting buried in Elvira orders).

#6448 2 years ago

Does anyone have an extra game flyer they could share or sell? Thanks!

#6449 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does anyone have an extra game flyer they could share or sell? Thanks!

I didn't even get one with my effin' game.

#6450 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I didn't even get one with my effin' game.

Me either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.