(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 161.
#3351 4 years ago

Proud to report that ACNC #214 finally arrived and I won't have to send it back!

CoinDoor (resized).jpgCoinDoor (resized).jpg
#3352 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Proud to report that ACNC #214 finally arrived and I won't have to send it back![quoted image]

I may need to come visit to play this one eventually!

#3353 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My wife and I have decided to go after Billion Dollar Babies...we’ve been playing 4 person coop...went through all the monsters once, but failed to start BDB before we drained it! Aaarrggghhh! We will get there! Tournament for us this week is who kills the most monsters and who lights the most (2 places, 2 very competitive people)

You-can-do-it (resized).jpgYou-can-do-it (resized).jpg
#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I may need to come visit to play this one eventually!

Come on, Tommy! You're already delinquent in your visit!

I will play the game this weekend and share first impressions. Last night I did have to adjust the back drop target and Frank.

Still not convinced that Frank is working as he should. He is currently set to 86 and cannot be raised any higher (due to his head hitting the cabinet), but balls still hang up rather than drop. What setting are others using - a number higher than 86?

My magnet save was working about 60% of the time, I added the plastic disc (which required lowering the magnet to keep everything flush) and then it failed 100% of the time until I changed the pattern to "original" (it was set to 2). Now, it seems to throw straight up and go straight down the drain.

First game to which I have ever had to add rattle tape as the shaker would really vibrate the glass.

As many of you have already observed, the game is drop dead gorgeous and yes, those orbits are hard to hit. Oh, and all those people who claim that cameras don't do a butter cab justice - they aren't lying!

#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Still not convinced that Frank is working as he should. He is currently set to 86 and cannot be raised any higher, but balls still hang up rather than drop. What setting are others using - a number higher than 86?

Try run Frank through the full range in the servo menu. I also did this with the playfield raised...not sure if it helped “reseat” Frank so the servo worked better or not. It seemed to be binding until I did this. Now he’s 100%.

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve tried to set my tilt very generous, but I regularly get yelled at and occasionally tilt it. ACNC just has a tight tilt.

I loosened mine up. Shake the shit out of it!

#3357 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I loosened mine up. Shake the shit out of it!

My tilt doesn't seem to register as well as I would like. I can hear it rattle and I won't get a warning. I haven't really looked into it yet, but I found it odd.

#3358 4 years ago

Your tilt is turned off from factory I believe. I’m pretty sure I had to turn it on in settings

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Your tilt is turned off from factory I believe. I’m pretty sure I had to turn it on in settings

It is turned on, it will definitely tilt out, I just don't think it is registering 100% of the time.

I would link the YouTube video to our last stream, but it got hit by copyright claims.

#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

It is turned on, it will definitely tilt out, I just don't think it is registering 100% of the time.

Have you tried playing with the debounce setting?

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Have you tried playing with the debounce setting?

What is your debounce set to?

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

What is your debounce set to?

I'm not near my game at the moment. I believe it is at the default, which i think is 1500 IIRC.

#3363 4 years ago

I got my tape but does anyone have a picture of how they applied it. I think i understand the directions but want to make sure I do it right

#3364 4 years ago

My tilt doesn't seem to register as well as I would like. I can hear it rattle and I won't get a warning. I haven't really looked into it yet, but I found it odd.

Mine was way to tight when I bought the game IMO...lots of tilt throughs and double dangers off very normal pinball bumps and nudges. I loosened it quite a bit to where I felt like it was fair.

#3365 4 years ago

I think I got it figured out, it wasn't he debounce, it was the other tilt setting that I can't remember. It seems to tilt when I move it now way more consistently unlike before.

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got my tape but does anyone have a picture of how they applied it. I think i understand the directions but want to make sure I do it right

You start at the bottom of glass where lock down bar goes. Run tape continuously up one side, when you get to top of glass tape goes over top and down the back of same side. Make sure you don’t cut tape should be one continuous piece. Cut over lap off(end cut is at lockdown bar). This way it won’t peal off when removing and sliding in glass.

I find leaving backing on and pulling off as affixing tape to glass is easiest, cut backing when it gets in the way don’t cut tape. Hope this helps, don’t have pics cheers

#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

You start at the bottom of glass where lock down bar goes. Run tape continuously up one side, when you get to top of glass tape goes over top and down the back of same side. Make sure you don’t cut tape should be one continuous piece. Cut over lap off(end cut is at lockdown bar). This way it won’t peal off when removing and sliding in glass.
I find leaving backing on and pulling off as affixing tape to glass is easiest, cut backing when it gets in the way don’t cut tape. Hope this helps, don’t have pics cheers

Thanks, I think I got all set. Seems to cut the rattle a lot but might put a second layer

#3368 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks, I think I got all set. Seems to cut the rattle a lot but might put a second layer

I used a couple layers, you can get it to the point where there is no rattle whatsoever. I used off the shelf blue removable tape.

#3369 4 years ago

So, in a little over 6 weeks of game play, my wife and I have put on over 500 games. Rubbers are holding up pretty good except the one by the center stand up targets. It has a little hole in it, but the thickness is still good...kinda weird. Anyways, what’s the best way to get at this post? Looks kinda buried, unless I’m missing an easy way to replace it. Any advice?

E3056B89-B606-403C-BFC5-E617C0144152 (resized).jpegE3056B89-B606-403C-BFC5-E617C0144152 (resized).jpeg
#3370 4 years ago

Went under the hood today to install some of Greg's mods. Before I did anything, I found this sitting on top of the cpu box just like this. Upon looking at the underside of the playfield, nothing jumps out at me. Anyone have any idea where this may have come from? Figure I can call Spooky on Monday if I cant figure it out, but hopefully someone here has the answer...

20200110_155956 (resized).jpg20200110_155956 (resized).jpg
#3371 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Went under the hood today to install some of Greg's mods. Before I did anything, I found this sitting on top of the cpu box just like this. Upon looking at the underside of the playfield, nothing jumps out at me. Anyone have any idea where this may have come from? Figure I can call Spooky on Monday if I cant figure it out, but hopefully someone here has the answer...[quoted image]

Look at the bottom of the drop target assemblies. There are three total that I noticed.

IMG_20200110_221420203 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_221420203 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_221426885 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_221426885 (resized).jpg
#3372 4 years ago

Look at the bottom of the drop target assemblies. There are three total that I noticed.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ah, thanks! Not sure how I missed those. Ill admit that I half-assed looked as I was installing the mods, but I was looking more at he actual playfield and for items not secured. I wasnt looking at the drops.

#3373 4 years ago

'Tower of Torture' #8 and #9 have sold and shipped. Thank you jcg9998 and VALIS666 for your interest and support!

I cast four in total for this run so two more are available. Paint is almost finished, just needs some black detail and a final clear before shipping. If anyone is interested PM me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acnc-tower-of-torture

Thanks once again.
~d

TowerOfTorture.JPGTowerOfTorture.JPG
#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, in a little over 6 weeks of game play, my wife and I have put on over 500 games. Rubbers are holding up pretty good except the one by the center stand up targets. It has a little hole in it, but the thickness is still good...kinda weird. Anyways, what’s the best way to get at this post? Looks kinda buried, unless I’m missing an easy way to replace it. Any advice?[quoted image]

Have not done it myself but looks like you have to remove the black front of the upper playfield and the plastic below it, thankfully dont need to remove whole upper playfield. post #3336 shows a pic

Mine is starting to wear as well so i just turned the rubber moving the damage to the back for now

#3375 4 years ago

Ah! Thanks! That’s perfect.

#3376 4 years ago

I'm still looking for an ACNC. I have a very nice MBrSE for trade. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-special-edition-20#post-5407132

I've had two people make a straight up trade offer but both of you guys were 14+ hours away. Shucks... if anyone is in the Northeast, it'd be easier.

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm still looking for an ACNC. I have a very nice MBrSE for trade. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-special-edition-20#post-5407132
I've had two people make a straight up trade offer but both of you guys were 14+ hours away. Shucks... if anyone is in the Northeast, it'd be easier.

I have a few new in box Alice cooper's in stock. 2 with plastic protectors and 1 with plastic protectors, interior art and scary blue powder coat. If you end up selling your mbr outright let me know.

[email protected]
Christopher

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a few new in box Alice cooper's in stock. 2 with plastic protectors and 1 with plastic protectors, interior art and scary blue powder coat. If you end up selling your mbr outright let me know.
[email protected]
Christopher

Crazy that 500 of these weren’t sold outright...

#3379 4 years ago

Is there a rubber ring chart posted anywhere yet, or does anyone know how accurate this list on titan is?

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1039

#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Crazy that 500 of these weren’t sold outright...

Are all 500 sold now, or are there still some free in the Spooky queue? Had a league night today and had a few people inquiring.

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Is there a rubber ring chart posted anywhere yet, or does anyone know how accurate this list on titan is?

I just used this list to order some replacements off of Pinball Life. So I hope it's accurate.

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Are all 500 sold now, or are there still some free in the Spooky queue? Had a league night today and had a few people inquiring.

Spooky website doesn't indicate ACNC sold out yet. They seem to be totally focusing on Rick & Morty now though so ... perhaps.

My guess is there are a few left.

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

[email protected]
Christopher

Chris at kingpingames has a few , contact him.

Quoted from zacaj:

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Luke at Spooky sent me this list:

Flipper rubbers
Post Sleeve-6
3/8"OD-2
3/16"-5
5/16"-4
1"-3
1 1/2"-5
2"-2
2 1/2"-2

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Luke at Spooky sent me this list:
Flipper rubbers
Post Sleeve-6
3/8"OD-2
3/16"-5
5/16"-4
1"-3
1 1/2"-5
2"-2
2 1/2"-2

10x - 3/8" Bumper Post Rings
2x - 2-1/2" Rubber Rings
This is for the lower slings. 2” or 2-1/4” can be used to further minimize the risk of balls
getting stuck behind these slingshot rubbers.
3x - 2" Rubber Rings
1x - 1-1/4" Rubber Ring
5x - 1" Rubber Rings
3x - 1-1/16" Thin (Stern Compatible) Rubber Post Sleeves
1x - 5/16" Bumper Post Ring
2x - 3/8" OD Mini Post Rubbers
2x - Flipper Rubber - Standard Size – Purple
1x - Flipper Rubber - 1" Mini Size – Red

This is the current list that I have. Mostly the same.

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah, I have a few left in my allotment if anyone is looking. They were just boxed up a couple weeks ago and are ready for a first home!

#3387 4 years ago

Hearing a higher pitchy "ping" sound anytime hit right flipper. Suggestions?

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Hearing a higher pitchy "ping" sound anytime hit right flipper. Suggestions?

Coil stop. It's loose, or worn unevenly. Assuming it's mechanical noise, and not something your game is playing out of the speakers.

#3389 4 years ago

Swapped out those slick, bouncy, purple flipper rubbers (are they superbands?) that came with the game for some generic Stern black ones I had lying around, and my god does The Coop play so much better now. This game is so much trap/control & aim, so being able to trap/control more easily is pretty key. Might trade 'em out for some purple standard or purple silicones at some point, but either way, I'm happy as I was not enjoying the play on this lately. The music and art package is top notch, but play wise, you need to be in the mood for a fight. People say Houdini is hard, but it's minor leagues next to Coop. Even good tournament players who come over to my house are like "Eh, I don't feel like wrestling with this" and play something else.

#3390 4 years ago

So my Alice is coming tomorrow
Anything I need to double check.
Foe eg, I have read a few times of the upper playfield small ball guide coming loose, or should that be factory fixed now as this is new off the line.Plus if anything like that I need to look for?

Plus any reccomended settings changes. I am allready going to slightly up the power of the upper flipper.

I have a few other pins, so just after game specific heads ups.

Cheers all

Poibug

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Foe eg, I have read a few times of the upper playfield small ball guide coming loose, or should that be factory fixed now as this is new off the line.Plus if anything like that I need to look for?
Plus any reccomended settings changes. I am allready going to slightly up the power of the upper flipper.
Cheers all
Poibug

Make sure the coin door latch is there...

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Cheers all
Poibug

Mine was great out of the box. I made some switch adjustments to the slings (they were too close and firing when the sling rubber was barely grazed). I also adjusted the tilt to be a little looser as the factory setting was double dangering on very minor nudges. I think I also had to adjust the lockdown bar screws a little.

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Anything I need to double check

Just ensure the power supply is on 230v before you fire it up.

You can put an iPhone down the back of the unit (in the bottom of the cabinet) - set it to video with the light on, and video - saves taking the supply out. There is a 110-230v slider switch, check it is on 230.

The only setting change on mine is the upper flipper power is raised to 20. And my magnet works best on Pattern 2. Otherwise stock.

rd

#3394 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

wapped out those slick, bouncy, purple flipper rubbers (are they superbands?) that came with the game for some generic Stern black ones I had lying around, and my god does The Coop play so much better now. This game is so much trap/control & aim, so being able to trap/control more easily is pretty key. Might trade 'em out for some purple standard or purple silicones

Oh ghods yes. I put blue standard rubber on mine, and .. love it far, far better.

#3395 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Swapped out those slick, bouncy, purple flipper rubbers (are they superbands?) that came with the game for some generic Stern black ones I had lying around, and my god does The Coop play so much better now. This game is so much trap/control & aim, so being able to trap/control more easily is pretty key. Might trade 'em out for some purple standard or purple silicones at some point, but either way, I'm happy as I was not enjoying the play on this lately. The music and art package is top notch, but play wise, you need to be in the mood for a fight. People say Houdini is hard, but it's minor leagues next to Coop. Even good tournament players who come over to my house are like "Eh, I don't feel like wrestling with this" and play something else.

Yeah this game is a ball-buster. Just how I had hoped it would be. Flailing away gets you nowhere, trapping and control is essential. I’ll try some new rubbers, see if it helps.

#3396 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Oh ghods yes. I put blue standard rubber on mine, and .. love it far, far better.

Anyone else tried lightning flippers yet? Those bouncy stock flipper rubbers aren’t quite as stretched on them, work perfectly

#3397 4 years ago

Does it come with a manual

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Does it come with a manual

Not yet. Manual hasn't been finalized.

#3399 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the top light under the right sling going red/pink in certain modes? It is the only one of the 4 sling bulbs that does it and definitely seems like either a defect with my machine's lamp or a universal bug in the code.

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Has anyone else noticed the top light under the right sling going red/pink in certain modes? It is the only one of the 4 sling bulbs that does it and definitely seems like either a defect with my machine's lamp or a universal bug in the code.

My bottom left sling bulb does this. I suspect a loose socket/bulb, but it hasn’t bothered me enough to investigate yet. I doubt it’s code problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.00
$ 300.00
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.