(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 161.
#2351 4 years ago

On a FREAKING FANTASTICALLY GOOD NOTE....
mine ships tomorrow!!!
ALL AMPED UP BOBBY!!!

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My MET and ACDC start shooting out 2 balls about twice a year. Just a reseat of the trough connectors and all good. Could it be that simple?
I'm guessing Coyote has seen this many times on many machines too. Which leads me to believe it's not that simple, or he would've mentioned this already.

Actually, my ACNC is doing it a LOT - at least once a game. (And I used to see it a lot on WPC/WPC95 games - but not as often, and there's a reason for that..)

There seems to be code in the game where if the trough coil fires, and then the shooter lane switch is NOT closed, the trough coil will fire AGAIN. IN MY case, this happens because the ball is ejected so hard that it bounces back and barely rests on the trough's edge. The second fire will kick a second ball up. Depending on how happy physics is at the time, the second ball will drop back into the trough, or end up in the shooter lane.

On WPC/WPC-95 games, the game wouldn't try to 'rekick' out a ball if the shooter lane wasn't closed. It WOULD gently fire (like at 25% strength) the coil if the Trough Jam opto was stuck, which would sometimes give you two balls.

I'm worried if the shooter lane switch actually causes this (this is all speculation as right now I'm focusing on my drop target - other things are less important), as that could get REALLY annoying if that shooter lane switch suddenly died.

#2353 4 years ago

Interesting. Never had my I500 or FT do that, only the newer Sterns.

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My MET and ACDC start shooting out 2 balls about twice a year. Just a reseat of the trough connectors and all good. Could it be that simple?
I'm guessing Coyote has seen this many times on many machines too. Which leads me to believe it's not that simple, or he would've mentioned this already.

My met does it too but it’s ball stacking causing it on met. Also rebound from the cliffy shooter lane protector

#2355 4 years ago

I have beta code... ever since installing it I’ve encountered issues of the game launching 2 balls. Haven’t been able to nail down any specific scenarios where it happens. But, it never happened in code that shipped with the game.

#2356 4 years ago

Does anyone else have a small black vertical piece of foam stuck on the right side behind guillotine? If so, is it supposed to stay there?

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't think my magnet save has ever failed. Really confusing what the difference could be.

Mine has never once worked and I’ve tried all the settings. It is weird how variable it is.

Maybe I need to try jacking it up past 7 where it currently sits a la RotoDave. If that doesn’t work maybe I’ll try the magnet adjustment Charlie mentioned.

#2358 4 years ago

Try checking your shooter lane switches in test fellas. Maybe need an adjustment up or down a squeak. I talked to our programmer and he thinks that is a plausible theory.

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Try checking your shooter lane switches in test fellas. Maybe need an adjustment up or down a squeak. I talked to our programmer and he thinks that is a plausible theory.

Mine is never kicking one out and then a second, it's always failing to get the first one out, and then kicking two at once. Could be an issue though if it's possible for a ball to not make it out but also not trigger the jam opto?

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine is never kicking one out and then a second, it's always failing to get the first one out, and then kicking two at once. Could be an issue though if it's possible for a ball to not make it out but also not trigger the jam opto?

That is 100% correct. If the trough becomes stacked (failed attempt) it will then launch out 2 so it is unstacked. We are adding a trough coil power setting so this can be adjusted to hopefully not fail.

#2361 4 years ago

I made this plastic for my ACNC as a protector for the magnet core, but it also makes the save launch super consistent. I installed this and put back the pattern to "Original" and it is amazing. What a great ball save idea Charlie!

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0148-00

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Spooky, what does this magnet resister do exactly?

I'm also curious about this.

#2363 4 years ago

I feel like the 2 ball in shooter lane issue only happens to me if I press the launch button before a ball is in the shooter lane. I can't confirm for a few days, but I'm pretty sure this is the case on my machine.

#2364 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That is 100% correct. If the trough becomes stacked (failed attempt) it will then launch out 2 so it is unstacked. We are adding a trough coil power setting so this can be adjusted to hopefully not fail.

If this is the case, then the "unjam" coil kick should be a low percentage of the strength setting. Like under 50%. (The goal is to simply 'unjam' the balls, which gravity is already helping you with..)

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I made this plastic for my ACNC as a protector for the magnet core, but it also makes the save launch super consistent. I installed this and put back the pattern to "Original" and it is amazing. What a great ball save idea Charlie!
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0148-00

Curious how this improves reliability on the magnet save? By what mechanism? More friction so it stops the ball more easily?

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Sounds like you’ve got balls stacking in your trough. Could be the trough kickout power up too high .

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Curious how this improves reliability on the magnet save? By what mechanism? More friction so it stops the ball more easily?

That link comes up as a non existent product for me.

#2368 4 years ago

Added to Pinball Life wish list!
Thanks!!

#2369 4 years ago

#246 arrived in Germany last week
I play pinball since more than 40 years and I know more or less all machines ...
It’s not so easy to surprise me, but AC is a masterpiece and will be in my collection forever!
Well done Charly & team, you made it !

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

That link comes up as a non existent product for me.

Yeah, looks like pinside quoting messes up the link. It is supposed to look like this:

Anyway, people were asking how this makes it more reliable... What this does is it puts a tiny gap between the metal of the magnet core and the pinball. This allows the ball to float more freely above the core and not be completely stuck to the core in a random location in 100% magnetic contact. Think of how The Shadow works. There is a gap between the center of the magnet and the ball filled with playfield. This allows the ball to not smash to the metal core, but instead the ball is touching the wood. It definitely works really well on my game and Terry's game here at Pinball Life.
--Scott

#2371 4 years ago

Yeah, looks like pinside quoting messes up the link. It is supposed to look like this:
Anyway, people were asking how this makes it more reliable... What this does is it puts a tiny gap between the metal of the magnet core and the pinball. This allows the ball to float more freely above the core and not be completely stuck to the core in a random location in 100% magnetic contact. Think of how The Shadow works. There is a gap between the center of the magnet and the ball filled with playfield. This allows the ball to not smash to the metal core, but instead the ball is touching the wood. It definitely works really well on my game and Terry's game here at Pinball Life.
--Scott

Ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from wizard1:

#246 arrived in Germany last week
but AC is a masterpiece and will be in my collection forever!
Well done Charly & team, you made it !

Yes it is, and yes they did !!!!!!!!!

#2373 4 years ago

Good work ... now please make one for Rollergames.

rd

#2374 4 years ago

SMH, $5 shipping on a $.95 item. Ugh.

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

SMH, $5 shipping on a $.95 item. Ugh.

Get those awesome green plastic protectors and make it worth it

#2376 4 years ago

Ok, so let me know if I need my head checked. I do not own ACNC yet, nor am I really in a spot where I can pull the trigger right now (space, money, holidays, etc..) although I am inquiring with someone in CA regarding a HUO one. Still, probably won't happen right now.

But this pin, based on everything I have read and seen, is at the top of my short list of games that I want to own someday. I am seriously considering purchasing the topper and the available mods that I will want on my game, to force myself to carry out the actual purchase of this pin someday! Is there something wrong with me?? Does anyone else do this or think this way? I also figure that if I don't get the pin right away, I still have the cool mods and topper that might not be available later when I do finally get the pin. So the purpose is two fold. But what kind of sickness is it that I am going to probably be buying parts for a game that I do not even own?

#2377 4 years ago

Lol. I just placed a $150 order with PL...about 30 minutes before Scott posted that. Oh well...

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I am seriously considering purchasing the topper and the available mods that I will want on my game, to force myself to carry out the actual purchase of this pin someday! Is there something wrong with me?? Does anyone else do this or think this way? I also figure that if I don't get the pin right away, I still have the cool mods and topper that might not be available later when I do finally get the pin. So the purpose is two fold. But what kind of sickness is it that I am going to probably be buying parts for a game that I do not even own?

Seems pretty bass akwards to me but whatever you think you need to do to convince yourself to buy it. I'd go buy $400 in lotto tickets instead and try to win enough money to buy the game. Or take it to Vegas and bet on red or black until you get enough money or lose it all.
OR buy entries to project pinball drawings to win a different game that you can sell/trade for this one and help some kids in the meantime.

Odds are you can find someone down the road selling the game with the topper and mods for less than you'd buy it for now anyway, money is way cooler now than later!

#2379 4 years ago

!!!

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol. I just placed a $150 order with PL...about 30 minutes before Scott posted that. Oh well...

Send Terry an email and he'll fix the order!

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

buy entries to project pinball drawings to win a different game that you can sell/trade for this one and help some kids in the meantime.!

I already do this part..

As for it being bass-ackwards, I agree... Hence the post. But the first step is admitting that you have a problem.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I already do this part..
As for it being bass-ackwards, I agree... Hence the post. But the first step is admitting that you have a problem.

92FF722B-8C54-4531-840D-6C5BB7647DFA (resized).jpeg92FF722B-8C54-4531-840D-6C5BB7647DFA (resized).jpeg
#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I get two balls in the shooter lane about 1/20 balls. Seems like either the first ball is bouncing back in or isn't being given enough force to make it all the way out?

Maybe you're having the same problem I did. The balls were occasionally bouncing back because they were hitting the trough wall (where the metal is cut out). I simply slid a piece of cardboard against the trough to give the balls a smooth surface to launch out of... and I haven't had any problems since.

IMG_0392 (resized).JPGIMG_0392 (resized).JPGIMG_0393 (resized).JPGIMG_0393 (resized).JPG
#2384 4 years ago

If anyone has the topper already can you post some pics or video from the players perspective or maybe at a short distant away? Thanks in advance

#2385 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Thanks, I'll look into that. Meanwhile Spooky Service told me to adjust the playfield pitch. That seemed to solve the problem so far...

Spooky Luke reproduced the issue in-house and did a youtube video of how to fix it. Simple fix:

Thanks Luke!

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

If anyone has the topper already can you post some pics or video from the players perspective or maybe at a short distant away? Thanks in advance

I’ll post this weekend, 368 full loaded butter shows up Friday with topper!

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Send me your order confirmation number and I'll throw one in at no charge.
Terry.

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

Oh man I LOVE YOU GUYS!

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

pinballlife
I wish overseas shipping charges weren’t so prohibitive, I’d be a regular for sure

#2390 4 years ago
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#2391 4 years ago
20191106_131959.jpg20191106_131959.jpg20191106_132015_HDR.jpg20191106_132015_HDR.jpg
#2392 4 years ago

Love this freaking game. Got 54 million last night. Getting better haha. I only wish I had time to play more. Spooky you guys made one hell of a fun game!
68F199D6-1DD3-49B1-9E36-A1E3EBD8B859 (resized).jpeg68F199D6-1DD3-49B1-9E36-A1E3EBD8B859 (resized).jpeg

#2393 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Love this freaking game. Got 54 million last night. Getting better haha. I only wish I had time to play more. Spooky you guys made one hell of a fun game!
[quoted image]

Where's your door lock cam?!?!

Congrats!

#2394 4 years ago

Gonna wax the other gals before I undress this one. But I have to say, first and foremost, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how Spooky's box pulls right up and off. That is some mf attention to detail right there!!
Was sweating all morning about how I was gonna not cut open the box, but get it out to inspect, all by myself.
VOILA!
FN PERFECT SPOOKY!

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

FN PERFECT SPOOKY!

Gryszzz... you're F'n perfect buddy. Don't ever let anyone tell ya' different!

Lots of adjustments coming for power on the ball eject folks... that seems to be the biggest culprit.

Quoted from CurtDR:

The balls were occasionally bouncing back because they were hitting the trough wall

We're looking into that as a possible rattle spot too. Nice homework!

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Gryszzz... you're F'n perfect buddy.

I'll let ya in on a little secret...
Minute
Abs.

#2397 4 years ago

Charlie Im sorry we didn't get to chat at the PL party like normal. I was really lookin forward to catching up with you and KT and Bug.
But you always had 10 people waitin to talk to ya! I didn't wanna interrupt. But in hindsight, I shouldve!
Can't tell ya how happy I am to finally have a Spooky machine in the house baby!!!
❤ you guys!

#2398 4 years ago

My boy is en route so I can finally unwrap my 2020-2030 Christmas present YEE HAW

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

you always had 10 people waitin to talk to ya!

I paid 9 of them to stand there and make me look interesting. Something Gryszzz will NEVER have to do!

HELL YEAH COME TALK TO ME MAN! Every single time. Just glad you're enjoying the game, and we'll catch up to you sooner or later!

#2400 4 years ago

Dang! I got an invoice on Monday. I was told it was still on the line being built and low and behold I get a message today saying it's packed up and ready to go in 2 days time? Spooky fast! Those elves are working overtime, indeed..... I'll be doing a road trip to Benton to pick it up over a happy thanksgiving.

I can smell the butter already.

20191106_145929 (resized).jpg20191106_145929 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.