(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 160.
#1 6 years ago

Lets get this SPOOKY PARTY STARTED!

Who's with me?!?!?!

#2 6 years ago

The teasers are really getting me hyped and excited for a freaking amazing game that will blow up spookys sales!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Lets get this SPOOKY PARTY STARTED!
Who's with me?!?!?!

I'm with you. Party on!

#5 6 years ago

My interest is piqued

#7 6 years ago

Most likely my next game. Checking every morning for more details. One if my first concert was alice cooper. I was hanging out at the local pool hall/arcade when I heard my older brothers friends talking about going to the a.c. concert in ny. Tickets were sold out but they took me anyway. It was the first time this small town boy was to the big city and wow!!! I remember standing in front of the Palladium in nyc thinking this was freakin nuts when a scalper walked up and asked if i needed a ticket. I said yes and forked over 20 bucks for a second row ticket smack dab in the middle. I remember it being a little scary cuz my older friends had seats in the balcony and we had to seperate. When Alice took the stage I was mesmerized, a pure spectacle of showmanship and great music I was instantly having the best time of my 13 year existence. If this pin can capture a fraction of that moment I'll be grinning ear to ear.

1 month later
#9 5 years ago

I’m not in coz of the theme...but wow! What a fantastic looking! I love 3D decors.
Layout seems original and the pin gets great features.
Well done.

#10 5 years ago

Been reading through the available “add ons” but did has Spooky produced a spec sheet for ACNC?
Along those lines, can anyone confirm if it will have a translite or back glass like TNA?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Been reading through the available “add ons” but did has Spooky produced a spec sheet for ACNC?
Along those lines, can anyone confirm if it will have a translite or back glass like TNA?

We sent out the list of adds ons that are available now. We will be adding more as we get them done. As for the backglass it IS a true backglass printed on the actual glass LOL

#12 5 years ago

Thank you Charlie!! Sweet!

#13 5 years ago

I'm in, should be a great game.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thank you Charlie!! Sweet!

Hmmm maybe I need to girlie up my ghost more then just red lipstick.... that's twice I have been called Charlie in 2 days lol

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Hmmm maybe I need to girlie up my ghost more then just red lipstick.... that's twice I have been called Charlie in 2 days lol

ha. isn't there a ghost in AMH that you could use? looks pretty feminine in the game i own.

#16 5 years ago

So Sorry!!! Ha! Didn’t see the lipstick!
Then again, my wife says I often miss the details!

#17 5 years ago

Earliest "Club" thread ever, but I'm in!

#18 5 years ago

I’m in and can hardly wait for my first NIB game!

#19 5 years ago

I think this and TNA will make Spooky a real contender and solidly #3 after Stern and JJP. They are probably already #3 but far behind JJP as of now.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

We sent out the list of adds ons that are available now. We will be adding more as we get them done. As for the backglass it IS a true backglass printed on the actual glass LOL

Adding more!? Just committed to the full current list, hopefully there aren't more

#21 5 years ago

For those who tried it in TPF, how is the sound and LCD animations?
Do we know which percent the code is done? How is the flow?
Thanks

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

For those who tried it in TPF, how is the sound and LCD animations?
Do we know which percent the code is done? How is the flow?
Thanks

Sound is going to be a leap of faith, but I’m 90% sure it will be great, modulo a few callouts. The LCD animations were killer, can’t wait to see more. It flowed well for me, but there are some tight shots. There’s an inner loop that’s a lot of fun to hit.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sound is going to be a leap of faith

Like Doctor Jones in front of the Grail cup? lol
what i would like to know if the Alice Cooper songs will be drown in the general sound as it is a pain for me to listen to them...

#25 5 years ago

Charlie has addressed this already...you have to earn the AC songs. The music for exploring the castle is by the Rob Zombie bass player, I think. Regardless of what you think you know about AC’s music, I’d recommend downloading the songs that are planned for the games. I was pretty happy with the choices, except ones that hint at necrophilia (I Love the Dead, Cold Ethyl). I’m hoping I can change those out.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’d recommend downloading the songs that are planned for the games.

As I don't have all of the original albums on vinyl, like some folks on here, I put together a soundtrack for ACNC on Spotify with the 10 Alice Cooper songs in the pin.

https://open.spotify.com/user/joelreeves/playlist/6pU2XNBKwqJFtKSfJyXZ6q?si=XmYcr9BoSga_UfmNevPqUA

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Charlie has addressed this already...you have to earn the AC songs. The music for exploring the castle is by the Rob Zombie bass player, I think. Regardless of what you think you know about AC’s music, I’d recommend downloading the songs that are planned for the games. I was pretty happy with the choices, except ones that hint at necrophilia (I Love the Dead, Cold Ethyl). I’m hoping I can change those out.

I already listened to some of them that will be in the pin and it really can’t do it for me.
Either songs sound will be drown in the general sound or I can change them ( is it possible?)

#28 5 years ago

From what I understand it is the same sound system as TNA (correct me if I am wrong)

I can tell you from first hand experience that IT BOOOOOOOOMS!

Super excited to check this game out at MGC!

1 week later
#29 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sound is going to be a leap of faith, but I’m 90% sure it will be great, modulo a few callouts. The LCD animations were killer, can’t wait to see more. It flowed well for me, but there are some tight shots. There’s an inner loop that’s a lot of fun to hit.

Still leap of faith? How does it sound for those who played it at MGC? What LCD animations ?
Thanks

1 month later
#30 5 years ago

Let's get this thread going again! I just played the pin a handful of times at Golden State Pinball Festival this past weekend. Kudos to Charlie and team for making the long haul and bringing ACNC for us to play.

Being that I have a pre-order spot I was very eager to play this pin. I ordered based on the looks and concept, which I love. After seeing it in person and playing it I wanted to share some of my impressions.

It is probably the prettiest pin I've ever seen. Great to look at. Almost worth buying on looks alone.

The audio is great. Zero criticism for the music, songs and call-outs. The Alice call-outs are actually quite good.

The LCD graphics/animations are the best I've seen on a pin.

The PF lighting & RGB GI is great.

How did it play? Well, I think this is where opinions will be mixed, including my own. In short, a number of cool shots and features but also felt very clunky to me which I will explain.

Nice outer orbit shot. Inner orbit shot not as smooth.

Some scoop ejects go STDM - probably adjustable and not too worried about that.

The left ramp to physical ball lock shot is cool.

Subway shot is cool.

Not sure what's behind the shot with the stand-up target. Either another target or kick-back. Can't see under there. Ball comes back out the same place.

Upper PF looks great and has several shots (big improvement over RZ upper PF), but it's tough to keep the ball up there. Most times drained out after 1 flip. Rightmost exit from upper pf often goes SDTM. Lane exits from upper PF are safe. Seems like it will be tough to hit the drop 3 times and then a 4th shot to lock when you often drain after a single flip, but it's probably meant to be difficult.

What made it feel clunky to me are all the posts across the main playfield and the Select Monster Mode 3-bank. In between every orbit and ramp shot is a steel post with post sleeve (I counted 7) and none of them have targets in front of them or anything, so hitting them accomplishes nothing and is a dead brick shot. Very unsatisfying. And since some of shots are tight I was hitting the posts a lot. Hitting the 3-bank of stand-ups doesn't feel much better. The ball just rebounds right back. That area felt unsatisfying. IMO the the overall feel would've been better if at least half the posts were targets instead (too many posts) and if the 3-bank was something different and more satisfying to hit.

Played about 5 games and barely made any progression. I didn't see a multi-ball and didn't complete a mode. Never saw Frank or the guillotine. More bricks than made shots. I know what Steve Richie would say. "Play better!". I'm sure the experience improves once a person gets the shots down.

No comment on the rules at this point simply because I know too little. They have Bowen. Not worried at all. I'd love to see a Bowen tutorial. That would be a big help for me.

Of the modes we started, each one had it's own song and light show which instantly changed the feel. Very cool.

Not a big deal but a couple times I got a 2M mystery award at the scoop which is possibly unbalanced because in both games the other 3 players' final scores were around 100k, so I beat them by twenty fold on the mystery award alone.

There's so much I love about this pin that even though the layout leaves some things to be desired (a bit tight and clunky) I still may buy it. I love the concept and in many ways it's a home run, but overall I'd say it's a triple due to some concerns about the layout.

#31 5 years ago

Thanks for writing that up! Lots to think about.

#32 5 years ago

I think for home environment it's probably fine. With practice you will progress and I'm sure that's where the pin really comes to life.

For perspective, I'm not a terrible player. Been in a league for a long time. I played Iron Maiden and JJP Pirates for the first time at the show and smashed both of those on my first play. 15-20 min games. Saw lots of modes and multiballs.

My plan was to buy this to operate, but based on first impressions I'm not feeling this one for route. Might be too hard. I suspect casual players won't get to see very much.

Please keep in mind I only got in a handful of plays at a show and with more time on it my opinion may change. And overall I'm still quite impressed.

Asked a few other guys for their take on it. Some shared my feelings. Some did not and loved it all around.

3 weeks later
#33 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think for home environment it's probably fine. With practice you will progress and I'm sure that's where the pin really comes to life.
For perspective, I'm not a terrible player. Been in a league for a long time. I played Iron Maiden and JJP Pirates for the first time at the show and smashed both of those on my first play. 15-20 min games. Saw lots of modes and multiballs.
My plan was to buy this to operate, but based on first impressions I'm not feeling this one for route. Might be too hard. I suspect casual players won't get to see very much.
Please keep in mind I only got in a handful of plays at a show and with more time on it my opinion may change. And overall I'm still quite impressed.
Asked a few other guys for their take on it. Some shared my feelings. Some did not and loved it all around.

In the same time, what are you supposed to do on this upper playfield? Is the ball sensed coming back to the flipper?
In fact I don’t understand how it works.
Anyway, I agree with you, very nice machine that you could buy only for its beauty!
Is the left decor with skull in 3D?
Another review for this machine?

2 weeks later
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

In the same time, what are you supposed to do on this upper playfield? Is the ball sensed coming back to the flipper?
In fact I don’t understand how it works.
Anyway, I agree with you, very nice machine that you could buy only for its beauty!
Is the left decor with skull in 3D?
Another review for this machine?

Skull is 3D sculpted with flashing eyes. Looks bad ass

1 month later
#35 5 years ago

Anybody in here get one yet? IOW, have any come off the line yet?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Anybody in here get one yet? IOW, have any come off the line yet?

Looks like some people have their games already. I got a call yesterday to pay the balance on machine #49, so they're definitely well into production. You can get better updates on this forum:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units

#37 5 years ago

IN.
I have a feeling this one is gonna make ACDC seem like a walk in the park with its tight shots and posts everywhere. But like NorCal said, I absolutely love everything else about this pin. A pin this beautifully brutal will only make me a better player. And I'll take all that I can get.
STOKED!!!

#38 5 years ago

WE'RE ALL HUMANARY STEW!

#39 5 years ago

I canceled mine.

#40 5 years ago

Thanks for the update.
Don't let the castle door hit ya on the way out.
aaand-fuck-you-26988.gifaaand-fuck-you-26988.gif

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

IN.
I have a feeling this one is gonna make ACDC seem like a walk in the park with its tight shots and posts everywhere. But like NorCal said, I absolutely love everything else about this pin. A pin this beautifully brutal will only make me a better player. And I'll take all that I can get.
STOKED!!!

She’s a tough shooter for sure. But there is a lot of cool stuff going on with this game. Wizards World has one on the floor already up in Fort Wayne. So if you ever find yourself up this way stop on in and give her a few plays

#42 5 years ago

I know I've got a whole year to figure this out, and I have skimmed over about half of the other 76 page thread, but does anyone have any close-up/hi-res pics of the silver vein finish? Wondering how it compares to the scary blue.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I know I've got a whole year to figure this out, and I have skimmed over about half of the other 76 page thread, but does anyone have any close-up/hi-res pics of the silver vein finish? Wondering how it compares to the scary blue.

I am getting the silver vein on mine , I shall do my best to take some good pictures of it .

#44 5 years ago

I swore Maiden was my 1st and last nib. Oof.
With as much as we're spendin I can't justify many added expenses. I'm thinkin the silver vein will prob look just swell.
Countdown to Expo Dougster can't wait to see y'all bub!

#45 5 years ago

From Spooky's Facebook page.... I am currently in for silver, but the blue looks really good - better than on the prototype IMO. I'm waffling, but have a year to stew on it.

ACNC Production Line (resized).jpgACNC Production Line (resized).jpg
#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

IN.
STOKED!!!

AC/DC's great, and fair IMO ... except for the damned cannon mech. Constant ball strikes on the under side, which result in constant insta-right-outlane drains ... which ruins the game for me. That's with resistors on the slings to depower them and reduce airballs, and washers to raise the height of the mech. Still happens all the time. Also completely obscures the right outlane / inlane area from view.

For me, one of the worst and most game-breaking designs in all of pinball.

I wish it were possible to disable it in setup, and take the whole damned thing off. Hate it.

#47 5 years ago

I love the cannon. But I know a lot of people dont lol. I just cannot, no matter what, put up a decent score. And I play it EVERY NIGHT!
My best is like 126m. Happened ONCE. Oh well. I need to get some old Bon tracks in there. I think that'll help.

#48 5 years ago

In the above pic. Are they butter cabnets or standard?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

In the above pic. Are they butter cabnets or standard?

Pretty sure they are all standard.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I love the cannon. But I know a lot of people dont lol. I just cannot, no matter what, put up a decent score. And I play it EVERY NIGHT!
My best is like 126m. Happened ONCE. Oh well. I need to get some old Bon tracks in there. I think that'll help.

Same here. AC/DC premium is tough. I think my average game is 20 million. But I am not that good anyway. I did get 189 million a few months ago. Haven’t gotten close.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.