(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,039 posts
  • 420 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Black
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1336 (resized).jpeg
20240110_190333 (resized).jpg
20240110_190318 (resized).jpg
ACNC 5'' monitor dark 2022.5.5 (resized).jpg
20231226_174204 (resized).jpg
IMG_0873 (resized).png
IMG_2180 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2249 (resized).JPG
IMG_2244 (resized).JPG
IMG_2241 (resized).JPG
IMG_2227 (resized).JPG
IMG_0331 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240430_192628_YouTube (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,039 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 161.
#8001 89 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Snagged one today!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Great game!

#8002 89 days ago

Congrats. Alice approves!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8003 87 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Snagged one today!
[quoted image]

Your gonna love it
Best upper playfield in all of pinball

#8004 84 days ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Your gonna love it
Best upper playfield in all of pinball

Agree! Great pin and amazing UP-do what ya want to do up there quick then get out of the kitchen!

#8005 81 days ago

Anyone else have problems like this?

*Ball got stuck up in guillotine halfway lock position. Ball search finally decided to release it after 5 or so times.

*Had vampire goin. One ball locked in crypt. One ball in Frank. Ball drained but no new ball. Repeated ball search didnt release anything. Finally it released both balls at once and I continued playing. Later during same mode still running, balls drained and music just kept playing- no ball search ever. Song played twice. But still gave me tilt warnings when I shook it. Finally tilted it and the TILT appeared and music shutoff, but went back to vampire graphic in silence like I was still playing mode, frozen. Reboot fixed it.

*Started frank mode. Then locked crypt. Dropped another ball into crypt from above and machine lost track of it. Ball search running and wouldnt release crypt lock or launch new ball. Reboot fixed it.

*locked frank mb. But it never launched another ball. Ball search dropped out frank ball and it drained but still no new ball. Reboot fixed it

The reboot fixes make me think it isn't the trough and with the ball searches acting strange and the pin losing track of the ball makes me think code.
Any ideas?

#8006 81 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anyone else have problems like this?
*Ball got stuck up in guillotine halfway lock position. Ball search finally decided to release it after 5 or so times.
*Had vampire goin. One ball locked in crypt. One ball in Frank. Ball drained but no new ball. Repeated ball search didnt release anything. Finally it released both balls at once and I continued playing. Later during same mode still running, balls drained and music just kept playing- no ball search ever. Song played twice. But still gave me tilt warnings when I shook it. Finally tilted it and the TILT appeared and music shutoff, but went back to vampire graphic in silence like I was still playing mode, frozen. Reboot fixed it.
*Started frank mode. Then locked crypt. Drained ball and machine lost track. Ball search running and wouldnt release crypt lock or launch new ball. Reboot fixed it.
The reboot fixes make me think it isn't the trough and with the ball searches acting strange and the pin losing track of the ball makes me think code.
Any ideas?

…I would check if balls are magnetized and try new balls.

#8007 79 days ago

Is there a different kind of switch that can replace the roll over switch in the secret room shot? I've had a few balls get stuck between the switch wire and the side.

Thanks!

#8008 79 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Is there a different kind of switch that can replace the roll over switch in the secret room shot? I've had a few balls get stuck between the switch wire and the side.
Thanks!

I've installed several MRS switches on my RAM but none yet on ACNC. They can add up $$ but ignored shots drive me crazy. Before changing a physical rollover switch to MRS, I'd try adjusting the existing one, either by adjusting the wire form or shimming the switch on the underside of the pf.

#8009 78 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I've installed several MRS switches on my RAM but none yet on ACNC. They can add up $$ but ignored shots drive me crazy. Before changing a physical rollover switch to MRS, I'd try adjusting the existing one, either by adjusting the wire form or shimming the switch on the underside of the pf.

Thanks for the info!

Did anyone actually get one of the spooky toppers? Looks pretty neat but I don't think I've ever seen one for sale with a game.

Screenshot_20240430_192628_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240430_192628_YouTube (resized).jpg
#8010 74 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thanks for the info!
Did anyone actually get one of the spooky toppers? Looks pretty neat but I don't think I've ever seen one for sale with a game.
[quoted image]

I’ve been looking for a Brain-O-Rator for my Alice for a good while now. I recently found someone willing to part with the last two Medisanyl mods I needed which was driving me nuts. Hahah. Actually received the last one this PM/Volcano, and got the Secret Passage sign (same individual) a few weeks ago.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8011 74 days ago
Quoted from Minibull:

I’ve been looking for a Brain-O-Rator for my Alice for a good while now. I recently found someone willing to part with the last two Medisanyl mods I needed which was driving me nuts. Hahah. Actually received the last one this PM/Volcano, and got the Secret Passage sign (same individual) a few weeks ago.
[quoted image]

Congratulations, looks great! Just played several games on ACNC after also playing my RAM and HW: how I love these games!!! Each is so unique, fun and beautiful. So unlike some other company where every game is overly busy/illuminated/chromed and end up looking, feeling the same.

#8012 74 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thanks for the info!
[quoted image]

Love mine!

IMG_0331 (resized).jpegIMG_0331 (resized).jpeg
#8013 73 days ago

Spoiler alert - I think you’ll all enjoy the next Danni Teaches tutorial on Bugs Scream and Stream YouTube page.

Should be out in a week or two.

rd

https://youtube.com/@BugsScreamNStream?si=1iCZyJ4h6NdG40N-

1 week later
#8014 64 days ago

Great game!!!

#8015 63 days ago

Spooky, make more of that glorious topper!

#8016 60 days ago

Alice Cooper Start & Launch Button Replacement Set. - Replace those ugly yellow buttons with something that fits the theme of the game. Backlit by the LED in your mechanisim. Full replacement buttons. Easy install.

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1267-cento-creations/10841-alice-cooper-start-amp-launch-button-replacement-set

IMG_2227 (resized).JPGIMG_2227 (resized).JPGIMG_2241 (resized).JPGIMG_2241 (resized).JPGIMG_2244 (resized).JPGIMG_2244 (resized).JPGIMG_2249 (resized).JPGIMG_2249 (resized).JPG

IMG_2180 (resized).jpegIMG_2180 (resized).jpeg
#8017 60 days ago

Nice product, crazy price.

$15 for plain buttons, $90 for your ones.

#8018 60 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

$90! I’m in the wrong business.

Reminds me of this guy who contacted me during Covid. He was a NIB NEWB to the hobby (like so many during Covid)

Anyway he emailed me to see if I wanted to buy his standard shooter rod. He had a new Avengers and had “upgraded” his lovely new pinball machine with a fantastic new $300 stern shooter rod!

So would I be interested in buying his standard shooter rod? Because his new one was $300 bucks (or whatever) his stock one must be worth some good coin!

“Thanks for the email! Yes, I would definitely be keen on the shooter rod. I’m always using them. Here’s a screenshot of my trade price from Pinball life of $6 USD. Now I don’t have to ship it from the states, and yours is brand new, so I’d give you $10 NZD for your one, if you send it to me”

Which I felt was very generous!

Alas …. I never heard back ….

rd

#8019 60 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

$90! I’m in the wrong business.
Reminds me of this guy who contacted me during Covid. He was a NIB NEWB to the hobby (like so many during Covid)
Anyway he emailed me to see if I wanted to buy his standard shooter rod. He had a new Avengers and had “upgraded” his lovely new pinball machine with a fantastic new $300 stern shooter rod!
So would I be interested in buying his standard shooter rod? Because his new one was $300 bucks (or whatever) his stock one must be worth some good coin!
“Thanks for the email! Yes, I would definitely be keen on the shooter rod. I’m always using them. Here’s a screenshot of my trade price from Pinball life of $6 USD. Now I don’t have to ship it from the states, and yours is brand new, so I’d give you $10 NZD for your one, if you send it to me”
Which I felt was very generous!
Alas …. I never heard back ….
rd

On the flipside i had a guy from the USA advertise here that he'd pay $350usd for a Stern shooter out of an Aerosmith LE.

I hate those grubby looking cast resin shooter rods, especially during covid, so when i sold the LE it was missing the shooter rod.

#8020 60 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

On the flipside i had a guy from the USA advertise here that he'd pay $350usd for a Stern shooter out of an Aerosmith LE.
I hate those grubby looking cast resin shooter rods, especially during covid, so when i sold the LE it was missing the shooter rod.

I bought an Avengers used, it had most of the accessories on it. Of course it cost me only a little bit more than a game with no accessories.

One of the other pinballers just bought an Avengers pro, so I’m “hey mate, do you want this topper? $1000 bucks (nzd)”. Half what they cost new here, and $1000 more than I paid for it.

My game is worth the same without it. And more importantly, plays exactly the same. And he’s happy. Win win win.

rd

#8021 60 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

These aren’t plain buttons! Maybe you can buy only the launch button from this guy for $160 before you spew nonsensical comments. Plus mine look way better and are $70 cheaper for Both buttons!

Crazy prices would be what CRCades is selling his mods for not mine.

IMG_0873 (resized).pngIMG_0873 (resized).png

#8022 59 days ago
Quoted from Cento:

These aren’t plain buttons! Maybe you can buy only the launch button from this guy for $160 before you spew nonsensical comments. Plus mine look way better and are $70 cheaper for Both buttons!
Crazy prices would be what CRCades is selling his mods for not mine.
[quoted image]

Not spewing nonsense at all, just because the product you copied and undercut one is more ridiculously expensive than yours, doesn't mean that yours is not ridiculously expensive.

These aren't plain buttons either and they are $10 each.

https://www.pinballlife.com/20-9663-13_TNA

https://www.pinballlife.com/als-garage-band-lets-rock-dude-button.html

You should remember you are talking in public to your potential customers here and your attitude is being noted by those customers. My feedback is also as a potential customer. I was interested enough to click on your link with a view to ordering. That's how come i know what the price is.
Reject potential customer feedback if you like though.

NoNonsensicalGarbageSpewedHerePunkin

#8023 59 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not spewing nonsense at all, just because the product you copied and undercut one is more ridiculously expensive than yours, doesn't mean that yours is not ridiculously expensive.
These aren't plain buttons either and they are $10 each.
https://www.pinballlife.com/20-9663-13_TNA
https://www.pinballlife.com/als-garage-band-lets-rock-dude-button.html
You should remember you are talking in public to your potential customers here and your attitude is being noted by those customers. My feedback is also as a potential customer. I was interested enough to click on your link with a view to ordering. That's how come i know what the price is.
Reject potential customer feedback if you like though.
NoNonsensicalGarbageSpewedHerePunkin

And what you don’t understand is the other cost associated with creating something like this. Buy the buttons yourself and let me know your cost in creating & producing the decals. (You don’t have the right links by the way) The fact that you think you need to comment at all proves you don’t know what you are talking about. Your the person that posts on here to make yourself feel relevant when you are really not!

#8024 59 days ago
Quoted from Cento:

And what you don’t understand is the other cost associated with creating something like this. Buy the buttons yourself and let me know your cost in creating & producing the decals. (You don’t have the right links by the way) The fact that you think you need to comment at all proves you don’t know what you are talking about. Your the person that posts on here to make yourself feel relevant when you are really not!

Sure mate Ok.

Take my feedback as you will and good luck with the product.

I'm not engaging in personal abuse with you.

#8025 56 days ago

I’m sorry but if you don’t like a price for something. Just move on and don’t buy it! You don’t have to make a big stink and fight with someone over it. When I don’t like what’s on TV. I turn the channel! Not bitch to everyone I know about it.
Magicchiz

#8027 55 days ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I’m sorry but if you don’t like a price for something. Just move on and don’t buy it! You don’t have to make a big stink and fight with someone over it. When I don’t like what’s on TV. I turn the channel! Not bitch to everyone I know about it.
Magicchiz

Exactly. That winer doesnt get that.

2 weeks later
#8028 40 days ago

It's been a little quiet on the ACNC thread... been rediscovering how much fun my ACNC is (ok, taking a break from RAM after repeatedly getting my butt kicked). While driving on the GSP I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the PNC arts center advertising a Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper upcoming concert: My 1st thought was all I have to do is put both games on at the same time and save on ticket prices...

20231226_174204 (resized).jpg20231226_174204 (resized).jpgACNC 5'' monitor dark 2022.5.5 (resized).jpgACNC 5'' monitor dark 2022.5.5 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8029 23 days ago

Offical Spooky ACNC Gameplay Tutorial:

#8030 20 days ago

Hi all,
is there any video on how to remove the upper pf to service the flipper assembly?
Didn‘t find anything about that very topic in the key posts etc.

#8031 20 days ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Hi all,
is there any video on how to remove the upper pf to service the flipper assembly?
Didn‘t find anything about that very topic in the key posts etc.

I did a topside teardown back in January. You have to remove most, if not all of the castle decorations, both ramps, all of the stuff in front of the upper PF, the guillotine. Once it's all removed, there are four (maybe 5?) screws holding down the upper PF.

It's been a while since I put my playfield up. Are you sure you can't get to what you need from underneath? It was a lot of time and effort, but i was doing a complete deep cleaning, so it was worth it to me. I'd avoid it if I could for a flipper rebuild. It was a ton of work.

Edited post to add pics. You can see all the stuff I had to take out to get to the upper PF.

20240110_190318 (resized).jpg20240110_190318 (resized).jpg20240110_190333 (resized).jpg20240110_190333 (resized).jpg
#8032 19 days ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I did a topside teardown back in January. You have to remove most, if not all of the castle decorations, both ramps, all of the stuff in front of the upper PF, the guillotine. Once it's all removed, there are four (maybe 5?) screws holding down the upper PF.
It's been a while since I put my playfield up. Are you sure you can't get to what you need from underneath? It was a lot of time and effort, but i was doing a complete deep cleaning, so it was worth it to me. I'd avoid it if I could for a flipper rebuild. It was a ton of work.
Edited post to add pics. You can see all the stuff I had to take out to get to the upper PF. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the very detailed information That‘s a real nightmare… I have to change the flipper bushing, since the flipper is shaky and therefore weak. Sometimes it gets stuck and won‘t reset. Frank MB can hardly be started…
I will try to do the repair through the hole in the main pf.

#8033 17 days ago

Found the problem (loose flipper bushing, screws not tight) and fixed it. Fortunately doable through the hole in the main PF.
Now, the pinball is way better since the 2nd lock for Frankenstein MB is accessible now more often.
I love this game…
Definately a keeper.

IMG_1336 (resized).jpegIMG_1336 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8034 6 days ago

Hello together!

I wanted to ask, if anyone can tell me please: why there are 4 balls inside the machine? I have one for quite a while now but I never had a 4 ball multiball or something like that…

Any idea?

#8035 6 days ago
Quoted from Black:

Hello together!
I wanted to ask, if anyone can tell me please: why there are 4 balls inside the machine? I have one for quite a while now but I never had a 4 ball multiball or something like that…
Any idea?

If you have two balls locked (Frankenstein 1 and Crypt) and you loose your ball by falling from the right metal ramp into the right outlane the game can kick out another ball immediately. That‘s what I think…

#8036 5 days ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

If you have two balls locked (Frankenstein 1 and Crypt) and you loose your ball by falling from the right metal ramp into the right outlane the game can kick out another ball immediately. That‘s what I think…

I had this issue for some time till I could fix it. But I had never experienced that the game would give me a new ball. It kept searching forever…

#8037 3 days ago
Quoted from Black:

I had this issue for some time till I could fix it. But I had never experienced that the game would give me a new ball. It kept searching forever…

I just checked it out. If you have two balls locked and you are loosing the third ball by leaving the spiral ramp and falling into the right outlane by mistake you should get the fourth ball into play exactly at the time the third ball triggers the right outlane switch. Otherwise there‘s something wrong…

#8038 44 hours ago

When I turn the game on and start my first game, it kicks out two balls into the lane. After that, it acts normally. Not sure why it always does that on game one.

#8039 40 hours ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

I just checked it out. If you have two balls locked and you are loosing the third ball by leaving the spiral ramp and falling into the right outlane by mistake you should get the fourth ball into play exactly at the time the third ball triggers the right outlane switch. Otherwise there‘s something wrong…

Sorry - I somehow mistook your answer…
Ok. That makes sense to me.

Thanks you very much

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
$ 300.00
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 8,039 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.