(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 161.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I created a reference table pdf for the Room/Monster/Weapon info previously

Nice - thanks!
Has anyone done a map of the rooms?

#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Nice - thanks!
Has anyone done a map of the rooms?

BAM!

ACNC Rooms Map 2.pdfACNC Rooms Map 2.pdf

#4753 3 years ago

Here's a REFINED version of my Rooms/Monsters/Weapons chart too. Thanks again to Coyote for providing the original info!

ACNC Rooms and Weapons.pdfACNC Rooms and Weapons.pdf

#4754 3 years ago

BAM!
[quoted image]

You got Parlor and Kitchen backwards.

#4755 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You got Parlor and Kitchen backwards.

Thanks - how's it look now?

#4756 3 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. For me it started with V1.1.0.0 and continues with the newest code (the game worked flawlessly prior).

When I have a ball locked in Frank the inner ramp correctly switches to the mid position. Occasionally during game-play (maybe 1 in every 10 games), the inner ramp switches to the right position... and I only notice it when I shoot the left ramp and end up with two balls stuck on Frank's left side. It is like the inner ramp gets confused as to what position it should be in... and I have yet to notice one particular thing that causes this to happen.

The only way to correct the confusion is to go into Utilities/Servo and scroll through left/mid/right and save.

#4758 3 years ago

One problem I’ve noticed since the update is a ball doesn’t always load into the shooter lane at the first attempt.
Anyone else?

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

One problem I’ve noticed since the update is a ball doesn’t always load into the shooter lane at the first attempt.
Anyone else?

Try turning up the kicker coil power maybe? It's adjustable now.

#4760 3 years ago

#4761 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Anyone else?

I get this often now. Not so much that it doesn't load, but it loads too hard and kicks back into the trough. I might try turning my coil down a little and see if that helps.

#4762 3 years ago

Just installed a bunch of mods on my ACNC this weekend now that I received my fabulous Medisinyl Mods products. Others added include Pinsiders @dnaman's 2nd tower mod and @Cento's castle wall decal; Titan glow-in-the-dark rings and sleeves; Pinball Life's green sling/outlane plastic protectors, "scary trees", and ball save magnet disk. Sorry for the overhead light glare in a couple of the pics.

What was already a cool game is now even cooler! My thanks to the various mod makers!

NOTE: Think I'm going to remove the ball save magnet plastic disk though as that feature doesn't work nearly as well now as it did before - regardless of pattern setting.

DSC05272 (resized).JPGDSC05272 (resized).JPG
DSC05268 (resized).JPGDSC05268 (resized).JPG
DSC05265 (resized).JPGDSC05265 (resized).JPG

#4763 3 years ago

Wow.

Apparently the Hurry Up has no upper limit. After a rather good Cold Ethyl multiball, the mode's hurry up STARTED at 113million...

#4764 3 years ago

Followup -
Bigger bug? On that same game, I drained and ended the game while BDB was lit. (All other monsters visited.)

Started next game, and got this:
https://i.imgur.com/3AItaLs.mp4

.. No monsters lit at the start of a game. Hitting the 'Change Monster' targets played the short sound but did not play any monster music. Eventually, as filmed, my guest made it to the Monster room, and.. was pretty stuck.

#4765 3 years ago

Just installed a bunch of mods on my ACNC this weekend now that I received my fabulous Medisinyl Mods products. Others added include Pinsiders dnaman's 2nd tower mod and Cento's castle wall decal; Titan glow-in-the-dark rings and sleeves; Pinball Life's green sling/outlane plastic protectors, "scary trees", and ball save magnet disk. Sorry for the overhead light glare in a couple of the pics.
What was already a cool game is now even cooler! My thanks to the various mod makers!
NOTE: Think I'm going to remove the ball save magnet plastic disk though as that feature doesn't work nearly as well now as it did before - regardless of pattern setting.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Who makes the secret passage sign? I'm getting tired of pointing out that shot every time the wifey has it ready.

#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Who makes the secret passage sign? I'm getting tired of pointing out that shot every time the wifey has it ready.

Medisinyl Mods

#4767 3 years ago

Has nobody mentioned this yet?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4768 3 years ago

Yeah, Spooky posted it on Twitter last night.

#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Try turning up the kicker coil power maybe? It's adjustable now.

That sorted it, thanks!

#4770 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Enjoying the update. Only about 6-7 games so far but I like how it plays, the new animations, definitely a lot snappier overall. Seems like the lighting has changed as well (for the better) but I can't put my finger on how. But as I said above, I didn't do the previous update, so maybe some of this was there already.

Two problems though:

- The game still resets after game over or after high score initials entered. The backglass goes dim, the LCD goes dark, and Alice's closing line is cut off after a word or two. Happens 100% of the time.

- My crypt lock is going crazy. When a new ball is put into the shooter lane, the drop target will keep going up and down. So in one way it's easy street, I can just stand there and watch the game reward me a skill shot then a crypt multiball, but yeah, obviously it's not supposed to do this. Not sure if a glitch with the code or something mechanical on my machine, but this is the first time it's been happening. Happens about 50% of the time a new ball is put in the shooter lane.

My crypt lock is still going apeshit but I haven't been underneath the table yet to check it out. I think I figured out the other problem though. When I have match off in settings, Alice's game over call out gets cut off mid-sentence every time. However when match is on it goes through the match animation, then Alice's closing call out in full, then does a quick little lights off reset thing. So that's fine.

Is anyone else playing with match off but not getting Alice's closing call out cut off? I really hate having match on for any of my machines.

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

When I have match off in settings, Alice's game over call out gets cut off mid-sentence every time.
Is anyone else playing with match off but not getting Alice's closing call out cut off? I really hate having match on for any of my machines.

I had match turned off before last update and it cut off Alice every time. I posted this in the 'Alice Cooper ACNC Bug and Enhancement Feedback Thread'.
I haven't tried it since last update though.

#4772 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

My crypt lock is still going apeshit but I haven't been underneath the table yet to check it out. I think I figured out the other problem though. When I have match off in settings, Alice's game over call out gets cut off mid-sentence every time. However when match is on it goes through the match animation, then Alice's closing call out in full, then does a quick little lights off reset thing. So that's fine.

I had trouble with my crypt lock going nuts on an early code. I check connections and cleaned the optos. Cleaning seemed to work for a bit, but the problem was so intermittent that it was tough to troubleshoot. Spooky sent me a replacement opto, but the problem just stopped. I’m not sure if it was a code issue or what to this day. Haven’t had any trouble on the two latest codes.

#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I had match turned off before last update and it cut off Alice every time. I posted this in the 'Alice Cooper ACNC Bug and Enhancement Feedback Thread'.
I haven't tried it since last update though.

Not fixed in the new update.

#4774 3 years ago

Hello has anyone successfully installed Pin Stadium Fusion in the Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle - would love some tips if you have. Thanks...

#4775 3 years ago
Quoted from ronzomatic:

Hello has anyone successfully installed Pin Stadium Fusion in the Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle - would love some tips if you have. Thanks...

In my understanding from previous posts, Fusions do not work with ACNC.

#4776 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

In my understanding from previous posts, Fusions do not work with ACNC.

I’m working with someone who made fusions work. Waiting on some parts from PinballLife to make a wiring harness so we can tap the fusions into an RGB outlet. It can be done, but the 10-15 install time on their site is far from the truth. Once I get the parts, I’ll document the build and post it.

#4777 3 years ago

Unless you want the RGB and extra flashers, you can just install spot lights for a fraction of the price. I installed four spot lights (two on each sling) on my Deadpool and it brightened up the playfield nicely.

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I’m working with someone who made fusions work. Waiting on some parts from PinballLife to make a wiring harness so we can tap the fusions into an RGB outlet. It can be done, but the 10-15 install time on their site is far from the truth. Once I get the parts, I’ll document the build and post it.

Good news i will be looking forward to seeing this - Thanks

#4779 3 years ago

I am running the fusion on mine. Seems to work fine. I was too dumb to know it wasn’t supposed to.

#4780 3 years ago

Finally updated to the latest code. On the first orbit shot, the game automatically travels three rooms, to the one right before the monster. Is that normal?

#4781 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Finally updated to the latest code. On the first orbit shot, the game automatically travels three rooms, to the one right before the monster. Is that normal?

Yes, that the new "progressively harder" setting that starts every game on easy mode. Not seeing anyone that is a fan of having that progressive setting the only option.

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from GvikenL:

am running the fusion on mine.

If you have, post up how you connected!

#4783 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

We just received the prototype from the printer. The borders need to be adjusted slightly but we are getting close! The colors are actually more vivid than what appears in these photos, thanks to my junk camera
[quoted image][quoted image]

Any updates on when it will be available for purchase?

#4784 3 years ago

In case this may be of help to anyone:

I was having a problem with the Lab Lock 2 (right side - accessed from upper playfield) not registering. Tried the switch bend from the Spooky vid, tested 100% but was seeing 50%+ non-register and that pretty much screws the game). Finally ciphered the diverter was far enough to the right the lower loop of the diverter was too far over and was preventing the ball from reliably hitting the switch. Easy fix - servo settings, changed "Lock Right" from 75 to 72 and seems to be very reliable now.

Also - if you like to change things up a bit, set the upper magnet to "Spooky". When you start a mode, sometimes you get the standard slow roll out the passage, but other times.... not. Keeps things less predictable and was a good feature IMO.

#4785 3 years ago

Added this to the coin door

DF056049-AC9B-42B9-A4FC-458CF4272F66 (resized).jpegDF056049-AC9B-42B9-A4FC-458CF4272F66 (resized).jpeg
#4786 3 years ago

made this for the coin door and the money return ^^

IMG_20200219_173120B (resized).jpgIMG_20200219_173120B (resized).jpg
#4787 3 years ago
Quoted from surfinvet:

[quoted image]

Quoted from LorenZ:

made this for the coin door and the money return ^^
[quoted image]

Do you guys still have the art files for these?

#4788 3 years ago
Quoted from surfinvet:

[quoted image]

That font looks awesome! What did you print that on?
I have access to a color laser printer.

#4789 3 years ago

here it is friends ^^

ALICE STICK DOOR (resized).jpgALICE STICK DOOR (resized).jpgcooper  monnayeur L (resized).jpgcooper monnayeur L (resized).jpgcooper  monnayeur R (resized).jpgcooper monnayeur R (resized).jpg
#4790 3 years ago

Mr Outlane,
I found it on ebay for 4 bucks with free shipping, hard to beat! The size was 7” by 2.6”. Used a heat gun to aid in removing the outer layer as it is a window decal originally.
The color is lime green:.)

#4791 3 years ago

Joined the club last week.
Very glad with it, will soon look for mods medisynil probably.

#4792 3 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

here it is friends ^^

Well, I finally figured out how to resize and print this file. Using Paint.net (best free image editor) requires a plugin to achieve this. Without it, it'll resize in editor but prints out the wrong size.
Latest version of plugin here ... https://forums.getpaint.net/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17048
* Make sure to view the Readme.txt for installation and usage.

* More info here *
https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/28520-print-it-tools-effect/

#4793 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

Any updates on when it will be available for purchase?

We just received another prototype from the printer to confirm the fit. It was still a little bit off and we want it to be perfect. The final product should be ready in a week or two. Trust me it will be worth it

BTW - I would appreciate any feedback on techniques to measure decals for speaker panels? We have found it quite difficult to get everything just right. We contacted Spooky for a template and received no response so we had to measure everything manually. Lots of trial and error with the printer. We would like to produce awesome speaker decals for other popular pins like MM/MMR, MB/MBR, LOTR etc., but it has been time-consuming to get the measurements exact and each pin is different.

#4794 3 years ago

So my upper pf drop target slapped right off. Do I have to order this target from spooky or is there another make that will work that I could possibly find and my local distributor?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4795 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

So my upper pf drop target slapped right off. Do I have to order this target from spooky or is there another make that will work that I could possibly find and my local distributor?
[quoted image]

If your game is under warranty (1-year), then they'll send you one.
Otherwise, it's a standard WMS drop-target.. part #03-8033
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-black-rollover-drop-target.html

#4796 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If your game is under warranty (1-year), then they'll send you one.
Otherwise, it's a standard WMS drop-target.. part #03-8033
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-black-rollover-drop-target.html

Thanks

#4797 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

[quoted image]

I ordered the frosted one as it's supposed to be unbreakable. See post #4241

Factory (black) vs new Pinball Life (white) drop target.
Frosted Rollover Drop Target
SKU: PBL-300-0021-00-71

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/85#post-5543118

#4798 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/85#post-5543118

Thanks I will have to try those. I found one locally tho couldn’t wait 3 weeks for one to show up. But if I’m not the only one that’s had this problem I’m going to need spares.

#4799 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Had ordered these a little while ago - and plan on doing something with the insert lights to light them up..

#4800 3 years ago

Hmph, right after collecting some handy dynamite, my upper flipper just died. Doesn’t fire in coil test either.
Hmph.

Edit: My first ever soldering job - success!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.