IMG_6320 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240402_013903958 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 133.
#6102 83 days ago

Ouch.

Just went to their website and the A1 is the first thing featured for purchase on the homepage, so I guess they are selling corrected units.

#6103 83 days ago

Is there a lane cleaning tool file?

#6104 83 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

That one is perfect for HueForge! I’ve been playing with it lately, very cool. Could probably do some fun stuff like coin insert buttons with gradients, or some other playfield decoration.
https://shop.thehueforge.com/

I have Hueforge, but haven’t played with it too much. I wish there were more filament companies posting their transmission distances. I’m too lazy to take the time to do it on my own.

#6105 82 days ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

These are relatively simple to make. I thought about making a number of light boxes with those symbols but I’m not sure if they would sell or not.
No need to use translation filaments. I printed this today with standard filaments. [quoted image]

Do you have the stl for those?

#6106 82 days ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I have Hueforge, but haven’t played with it too much. I wish there were more filament companies posting their transmission distances. I’m too lazy to take the time to do it on my own.

I haven’t done any measurements but just made some guesses and it still generates cool results. I’d suggest just playing around more.

#6107 82 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

I made a couple of different sizes for cleaning via tinkercad, but havent shared them yet.

#6108 82 days ago
Quoted from yamahayz26:

I made a couple of different sizes for cleaning via tinkercad, but havent shared them yet.

LOL I downloaded tinkercad now. Dam another app on my pc.
I saw someone's idea and not bad but I though along with a pad at the end on a pin for movement another one about 5cm or so back a side to side swivel pin?
Are you going to share?

#6109 82 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Dude on a FB group is making these, does anyone have a guide on how to make them? I imagine a thin layer for the front so it will illuminate. Curious of tolerances between and best practices.
[quoted image]

Those are mine. I never talked to anyone about sharing files that I can remember. I personally don’t print them, my buddy does, then I light them up. I started doing them as door prizes for the tournaments I hold at my house.

I also did some Scooby plunger support brackets for a couple people since somebody posted the file for free, but not everybody has access to a printer, I just wanted them to cover shipping and I was good on those.

IMG_6910 (resized).jpegIMG_6910 (resized).jpegIMG_7510 (resized).jpegIMG_7510 (resized).jpegIMG_7522 (resized).jpegIMG_7522 (resized).jpegIMG_7536 (resized).jpegIMG_7536 (resized).jpegIMG_7542 (resized).jpegIMG_7542 (resized).jpegIMG_7544 (resized).jpegIMG_7544 (resized).jpeg
#6110 82 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Dude on a FB group is making these, does anyone have a guide on how to make them? I imagine a thin layer for the front so it will illuminate. Curious of tolerances between and best practices.
[quoted image]

I designed and created the files for these light boxes, my buddy and i make them and we post the files for free on maker world. if you need links, just let me know.
We use fusion360 to create these.

oh and in Kolk1's pic above, that's my hand holding the bracket for his scooby cab lol

#6111 82 days ago

Yup lol. That’s how I would have printed it

Quoted from prentice:

That one is perfect for HueForge! I’ve been playing with it lately, very cool. Could probably do some fun stuff like coin insert buttons with gradients, or some other playfield decoration.
https://shop.thehueforge.com/

#6112 82 days ago

How are you doing the yellow/orange/red gradiant in the Bally one?

Quoted from Kolk1:Those are mine. I never talked to anyone about sharing files that I can remember. I personally don’t print them, my buddy does, then I light them up. I started doing them as door prizes for the tournaments I hold at my house.
I also did some Scooby plunger support brackets for a couple people since somebody posted the file for free, but not everybody has access to a printer, I just wanted them to cover shipping and I was good on those.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#6113 82 days ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

How are you doing the yellow/orange/red gradiant in the Bally one?

Thats just the camera making a bad hot spot from the led bar.

IMG_7540 (resized).jpegIMG_7540 (resized).jpeg

#6114 82 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

[quoted image]

What wiring/controller do you use?

#6115 82 days ago

Just cut those rolls into the length I need and solder on a new usb. The tape sucks, so I also use hot glue to hold it down.

IMG_7579 (resized).pngIMG_7579 (resized).pngIMG_7580 (resized).pngIMG_7580 (resized).png
#6116 82 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

[quoted image]

The hot spot looks cool in the picture.

#6117 82 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

The hot spot looks cool in the picture.

Yea, would be nice to make it that way.

#6118 82 days ago

So, you're all 5V. I'm looking for an inline controller option that plugs into a standard wall outlet (even if I have to make it). Guessing I'd just have to add a power supply into the mix (or just an outlet to USB brick).

#6119 82 days ago

I took an old window, built a box to hold LEDs to put on a basement wall to simulate a window. It was a bitch diffusing the LEDs. Ended up using wax paper to cut down hot spots. Any better idea. Probably a common problem trying to light things where you don't have a lot of depth.

#6121 82 days ago

It’s might look slightly better, but it’s almost 3Xs the price.

#6122 82 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

It’s might look slightly better, but it’s almost 3Xs the price.

If someone is making these in any quantity that certainly makes sense. However, I was directing my post more to those of us who just want to print one or two for ourselves in the context of better light diffusion (I certainly wasn't telling you how you should do it - sorry if I came across that way). The cost would actually be less purchasing 6 ft of the COB vs 16 ft of the standard LED strips, assuming one doesn't need/won't use the extra footage.

#6123 82 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If someone is making these in any quantity that certainly makes sense. However, I was directing my post more to those of us who just want to print one or two for ourselves in the context of better light diffusion (I certainly wasn't telling you how you should do it - sorry if I came across that way). The cost would actually be less purchasing 6 ft of the COB vs 16 ft of the standard LED strips, assuming one doesn't need/won't use the extra footage.

Yea, assuming you’re using about 1ft per sign (these are about 10inchs) you could do almost 7 signs on $10 with yours.

#6124 82 days ago

I actually played around with the color changing COB one for a buddy that wanted his Williams to try and look like a moving CMD. I haven’t trimmed it yet, but this is a shot of a video where it’s laying on the led strip. Down side, it’s $20 and the trimmed part can’t be reused. It of course did any color you wanted and a bunch of different patterns. But just imaging the lights are all chasing each other, and you can do sound activation, all that stuff.

IMG_7581 (resized).jpegIMG_7581 (resized).jpegIMG_7582 (resized).jpegIMG_7582 (resized).jpeg
#6125 82 days ago

Okay, I just ordered COB light strip, 5 controllers, and 6 USB blocks (cheaper that way) for about $38. Now I can make each of the signs for myself and a couple for friends. Thank you for sharing your files and posting your parts usage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LCTB6LW
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BYJ8C2RG
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3T8FXFJ

#6126 82 days ago
Quoted from m6speed:

I designed and created the files for these light boxes, my buddy and i make them and we post the files for free on maker world. if you need links, just let me know.
We use fusion360 to create these.
oh and in Kolk1's pic above, that's my hand holding the bracket for his scooby cab lol

links would be cool, apologies if already posted and I missed it.

#6127 82 days ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

links would be cool, apologies if already posted and I missed it.

He stated that he posted them on Maker World, but for the search challenged . . .

Bally Sign | https://makerworld.com/en/models/154890#profileId-169457
Williams Sign | https://makerworld.com/en/models/161170#profileId-176887
Stern Sign (a different creator, but looks like the one he printed) | https://makerworld.com/en/models/42149#profileId-42820

#6128 82 days ago

I tried to publish it, Let me know if the link works for lane cleaning tool - haven't tested it out much, but its a start: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6473884

Quoted from Gunner007:

Screenshot 2024-02-07 141435 (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-02-07 141435 (resized).png
#6129 81 days ago

I was thinking a 1x1 inch square pad underneath the end on a swivel.
Also a side to side swivel about 3 inches up to make it around bends.
I'll play around see if I can figure out something

Not my are but I'll try

Quoted from yamahayz26:

I tried to publish it, Let me know if the link works for lane cleaning tool - haven't tested it out much, but its a start: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6473884

[quoted image]

#6130 81 days ago

There is a pad on ther for the end.

Quoted from Gunner007:

I was thinking a 1x1 inch square pad underneath the end on a swivel.
Also a side to side swivel about 3 inches up to make it around bends.
I'll play around see if I can figure out something
Not my are but I'll try

20240207_172621 (resized).jpg20240207_172621 (resized).jpg
#6131 81 days ago
Quoted from yamahayz26:

There is a pad on ther for the end.
[quoted image]

Yup thats about it.

#6132 81 days ago

I made a minimalistic spotlight fixture. On a quest to get rid of those obtrusive plastic chrome cones.

This thread has lots of pics and discussion. The linked post points you to the STLs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-modern-minimal-spotlight-fixture-#post-8019182

Gonna keep working on it a bit. But happy enough with where I got on the first pin I overhauled.

Old version but you get the idea:

Pinside_forum_7967805_1 (1) (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7967805_1 (1) (resized).jpg
#6133 80 days ago

First sign came out great.

IMG_0266 (resized).JPGIMG_0266 (resized).JPGIMG_0267 (resized).JPGIMG_0267 (resized).JPGIMG_0271 (resized).JPGIMG_0271 (resized).JPG
#6134 80 days ago

Williams

IMG_0273 (resized).JPGIMG_0273 (resized).JPGIMG_0274 (resized).JPGIMG_0274 (resized).JPGIMG_0275 (resized).JPGIMG_0275 (resized).JPG
#6135 80 days ago

I guess I'm going to have to make one of those I dig that

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:Williams
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#6136 80 days ago

The Stern

IMG_0276 (resized).JPGIMG_0276 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0278 (resized).JPGIMG_0278 (resized).JPG
#6137 80 days ago

FYI, you do need to be a little careful when squeezing the top. Make sure you only apply pressure around the edges so that you don't accidentally pop out any of the colored inserts (even thought it was printed as a single object).

#6138 80 days ago

The stern needs a light behind the ball I think.

#6139 80 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

The stern needs a light behind the ball I think.

First of all, my iPhone 5 camera really sucks when it comes to lit objects and washes out reds really badly. In person, the glow is much more even/better.

Certainly wouldn't hurt if you wanted to jump another section of LEDs to that area, but in person it is not nearly as obvious as in the photo.

#6140 80 days ago

Trust me, fuck iPhone cameras and trying to get them to look right

Still not the right purple lol

IMG_7543 (resized).jpegIMG_7543 (resized).jpegIMG_7544 (resized).jpegIMG_7544 (resized).jpegIMG_7545 (resized).jpegIMG_7545 (resized).jpeg
#6141 80 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Trust me, fuck iPhone cameras and trying to get them to look right
Still not the right purple lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not to make this about phones, but for what they cost and what they claim to be iPhones camera tech is complete garbage. I miss my Android device.

#6142 80 days ago

Has anyone ever made a stl for the threaded plug for modern Stern tournament button holes?

#6143 80 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, you do need to be a little careful when squeezing the top. Make sure you only apply pressure around the edges so that you don't accidentally pop out any of the colored inserts (even thought it was printed as a single object).

Here is a tip: change this in your slicer and it will strengthen the inserts, Ironing Angle from -1 to 50.

Ironing (resized).pngIroning (resized).png
#6144 80 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Here is a tip: change this in your slicer and it will strengthen the inserts, Ironing Angle from -1 to 50.
[quoted image]

So, you actually iron the backside of the sign faces (these are printed face down)? I would never have thought of doing that.

#6145 80 days ago
Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

Not to make this about phones, but for what they cost and what they claim to be iPhones camera tech is complete garbage. I miss my Android device.

Just to emphasize my original statement, I'm still on an iPhone 5 (there have been 16 newer generations of iPhone made since the 5). I figure it still works and does what I need so why drop the coin to by a newer version? Surely the newer iPhones have better cameras?

#6146 80 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, you actually iron the backside of the sign faces (these are printed face down)? I would never have thought of doing that.

Yes, After I made a few signs and noticed how brittle(fragile) they were, I started playing with the ironing settings and the quality/strength improved.

#6147 80 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just to emphasize my original statement, I'm still on an iPhone 5 (there have been 16 newer generations of iPhone made since the 5). I figure it still works and does what I need so why drop the coin to by a newer version? Surely the newer iPhones have better cameras?

We switched to iPhone when out kid was old enough to have a phone, because they do have a better eco system for securing what a child can do and access on a phone. We have the 13 Pro Max, so still very new and relevant. Can it take nice video, yes, but unless it's daytime your photos will be sub par.

#6148 80 days ago

This is how I mount the led’s strips into light boxes. I also put some reflective duct tape on back panel, not sure if it helps but it can’t hurt. If you want more light you can easily run another row of led’s.

IMG_0849 (resized).jpegIMG_0849 (resized).jpegIMG_0850 (resized).jpegIMG_0850 (resized).jpeg
#6149 79 days ago

IIDMAX valentines day sale, save 10% (myValentine)

#6150 79 days ago

Thanks. I've been using their black pla+ for some non pinball stuff, works great. Been through 100 rolls of it zero issue. I tried their white again, it's less cummy colored but still not good enough or me, the other colors work great though. Gonna wear this coupon out.

Quoted from toyotaboy:IIDMAX valentines day sale, save 10% (myValentine)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/123?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.