HoustonExpo2014-p3-tron-2.jpg
HoustonExpo2014-p3-tron-1.jpg
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1986.JPG
JG.jpg
image-855.jpg
image.jpg
groucho-1.jpg
There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 9 years ago

39 hours until the start of the load-in/setup.

#252 9 years ago

#253 9 years ago

120 Pinball machines listed to be there.
http://arcadecenter.com/showgames.asp

This does not even include the P3 machine and the 4 pinball machines that Dutch Pinball is supposed to bring. Here comes the Big Lebowski pin!!!!

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

4 pinball machines that Dutch Pinball is supposed to bring. Here comes The Big Lebowski pin!!!!

YES!

JG.jpgJG.jpg

#255 9 years ago

I'll be substituting a Bally Black Pyramid for the Super Straight Acrylic Pinball Project. It is just not ready. Looking forward to the show and will be there mid afternoon Thursday ready to help others load in once I set my two up.

#256 9 years ago

2014 Houston Arcade Expo Tournament Update:

Here are the POSSIBLE Tournament games this year:

01. TWD Pro
02. TWD Pro
03. Mustang LE
04. Iron Man
05. X-Men LE
06. Pirates Of The Caribbean
07. Paragon
08. Raven
09. Diner
10. Skateball
11. Pinbot
12. Kings & Queens
13. Card Whiz
14. Centigrade 37
15. Capersville

This list is not definitive. But it is full of actual tournament games.

#257 9 years ago

I planned on bringing Killer Instinct, but that plan may not happen. Instead, I'll be bringing TRON LE with a ton of mods instead and the remix soundtrack installed. Sorry to disappoint!

#258 9 years ago

My Fish Tales is not going to make it to the show, instead WH2O will be subbing for FT. Might swap over the Color DMD to WH2O if I have time......lol

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

I planned on bringing Killer Instinct, but that plan may not happen. Instead, I'll be bringing TRON LE with a ton of mods instead and the remix soundtrack installed. Sorry to disappoint!

maybe we can hook up the Tron LE audio output to the main event speaker system

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

maybe we can hook up the TRON LE audio output to the main event speaker system

You guys saying you don't like Keith's music?

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

maybe we can hook up the TRON LE audio output to the main event speaker system

That would be nice, it's pretty thumpy with the remix.

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

You guys saying you don't like Keith's music?

oh, i totally dig Keith's jamz, i'm justa Tron fanatic

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

oh, i totally dig Keith's jamz, i'm justa Tron fanatic

Have you seen the remix thread? Really changes up the audio, more Daft Punk remix but less purist.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

Have you seen the remix thread? Really changes up the audio, more Daft Punk remix but less purist.
» YouTube video

yeah, i haven't installed yet. i'll definitely be listening to yours in a couple of days, and probably making the update to mine very shortly after

let's connect there. i'll get in around noon on Friday.
always fun to meet someone else from Rosenberg + Tron LE owner too.

ps. here's a Tron Prequel pin I'm considering making:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-prequel-pinball

vote if you're interested in it (or not). i'm trying to see if there's enough demand to build it.

#265 9 years ago

Sad news for the expo.
Here is an email from the Expo organizer about Dutch pinball.

hey guys,

I just got a call from Barry at Dutch pinball, due to unseen circumstances they cannot make it to the show this year....
This is a huge disappoint for me and I know too a lot of you guys.
They promise they will be back to Houston Next year.

Dutch pinball will be sending a shipment of giveaways before the weekend to give out at the show!
Sorry for the bad news, but we plan on having a SUPER time anyway!

Thanks again for your support!
Cheers!
Keith

#266 9 years ago

Dirty Donnie originally was not coming out, but now he is.

#267 9 years ago

oh well... more time for playing pins & zookeeper

#268 9 years ago

Looks like my BOP will be V 1.0

#269 9 years ago

I still have blank Pinside badges PracticalSteve made that didn't get claimed at TPF last year. If you want one just look me up. (Middle aged, pot bellied, gray haired, pinball t-shirt wearing dude.)

#270 9 years ago

I'm thinking you're going to need to be a little more specific on that one!

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I still have blank Pinside badges PracticalSteve made that didn't get claimed at TPF last year. If you want one just look me up. (Middle aged, pot bellied, gray haired, pinball t-shirt wearing dude.)

i'll take one.
i'm the guy with the perma-grin on the whole time i'm there playing.

#272 9 years ago

A demo of the LOTR new color ROM will be on display at the Expo.
In case you hadn't seen a preview yet, here it is.

#273 9 years ago

Likely anyone could find me buried in any given pinball repair this weekend.
Just ask for Brian, especially if you are looking for a part to repair something.

#274 9 years ago

Still going to have a great time, but really bummed not getting to see TBL in person before commiting.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Still going to have a great time, but really bummed not getting to see TBL in person before commiting.

Yeah, I'm bummed about it too. Multimorhic should have the Lexi light speed theme machine there. Looking forward to seeing the progress on that game.

#276 9 years ago

13 hours until load-in starts!!

#277 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm bummed about it too. Multimorhic should have the Lexi light speed theme machine there. Looking forward to seeing the progress on that game.

it's cool !

#278 9 years ago

12 hours until load-in starts. Are you ready, Erich????

#279 9 years ago

tic
toc

#280 9 years ago

I'll be there ~10am on Friday for loadin... Need to work tomorrow.

#282 9 years ago

12 hours until load-in starts. Are you ready, Erich????

As ready as I'll ever be. Since we aren't getting the southside truck, Brolyn and I are sharing his trailer which means I'm only bringing about 6 or 7 games. I just finished Bride of Pinbot so it will be there. I'll fit however many I can in the trailer. We should be there by 1:00.

#283 9 years ago

I'm going to try and get my game there tomorrow around 7 or 8. Hope to see some of you guys then. Can't wait!

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

As ready as I'll ever be. Since we aren't getting the southside truck, Brolyn and I are sharing his trailer which means I'm only bringing about 6 or 7 games. I just finished Bride of Pinbot so it will be there. I'll fit however many I can in the trailer. We should be there by 1:00.

What the ??? Oh man. That truck pickup would have rocked for you'll down south.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I'm going to try and get my game there tomorrow around 7 or 8. Hope to see some of you guys then. Can't wait!

Hey G, I probably will be poking around in a machine still at that time.

#286 9 years ago

With Dutch Pinball out, this is Gerry's chance to make a big impression, go Multimorphic!

By the way, there is a nice interview with Gerry (and Andrew Heighway) on the latest Broken Token podcast which came out today.

#287 9 years ago

5 hours until load-in.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm thinking you're going to need to be a little more specific on that one!

Sorry, did I forget balding and pasty white? OK, fine. Just for today I will be wearing a non-pin t-shirt that you can't miss at 500 yards...

#289 9 years ago

2.5 hours until load-in starts.
Giddy up!!
Hey Rocky, It's showtime!!

#290 9 years ago

You better start loading that big bad truck of yours Brian.

#291 9 years ago

Anyone willing to help me out by looking for a few parts for me while at the show??? The parts I am looking for can be found at: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/10#post-2023504

I know this is a long shot but!!! If willing to look let me know and I will PM you with my number so you can call me if you find the part(s). I obviously will pay to ship and compensate for your time!

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

You better start loading that big bad truck of yours Brian.

My bus will be here soon to load up.
Don't drop that Tron, Chris.

#293 9 years ago

meSz, I just may know someone that has a similar machine.
I'll check with him to see if he has any parts.

#294 9 years ago

An hour away from start of the load-in.
Can't wait to set up and test play some games.

#295 9 years ago

meSz, I just may know someone that has a similar machine.
I'll check with him to see if he has any parts.

Thank you!!!

#296 9 years ago

Waiting off the rain, open bed truck.

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone willing to help me out by looking for a few parts for me while at the show??? The parts I am looking for can be found at: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/10#post-2023504
I know this is a long shot but!!! If willing to look let me know and I will PM you with my number so you can call me if you find the part(s). I obviously will pay to ship and compensate for your time!

i've heard tales of pinball machines accepting drinks from strangers at these kinda shows and waking up the next morning in a hotel bathtub full of ice, internal parts missing, and a note & phone that says, call the pin dr, we've removed your ____ parts.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i've heard tales of pinball machines accepting drinks from strangers at these kinda shows and waking up the next morning in a hotel bathtub full of ice, internal parts missing, and a note & phone that says, call the pin dr, we've removed your ___ parts.

Whatever it takes right???

#299 9 years ago

Looks like the 290 freeway is having a lot of closures this weekend. Anyone have any travel tips getting there?

#300 9 years ago

Traffic sux. Just got here, will be down to unload shortly. If you don't mind paying, use the toll roads. The 610 is a parking lot!

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-houston-arcade-expo-nov-7-8th-dirty-donny-to-return/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.