HoustonExpo2014-p3-tron-2.jpg
HoustonExpo2014-p3-tron-1.jpg
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1986.JPG
JG.jpg
image-855.jpg
image.jpg
groucho-1.jpg

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 9 years ago

Half the machines are loaded in. Biggest Houston Arcade Expo yet with 245 slated to be there.

#302 9 years ago

holy cow!

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Half the machines are loaded in. Biggest Houston Arcade Expo yet with 245 slated to be there.

Im looking forward to it to. But i gotta ask are you counting consoles in that game count?

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Im looking forward to it to. But i gotta ask are you counting consoles in that game count?

Gotta be. Or the pinball list on the web page is extremely lacking.
Looks like 120+ pinballs though.

#306 9 years ago

My small contribution. I'm smiling because my wife had just said "say transexual bathroom!"
IMG_1986.JPGIMG_1986.JPG

Neatest spot in the room.
IMG_1978.JPGIMG_1978.JPG

Crank it up!!!!

#307 9 years ago

somebody give Keith a Dr Pepper. that dj desk isn't going to build itself.

#308 9 years ago

196 actual pinball and arcade games.

Quoted from hassellcastle:

196 actual pinball and arcade games listed. Still a good number, right?

#309 9 years ago

Any chance we can make that picture of me adjusting the level on Raven disappear? People may get the wrong impression and I may want to run for office someday.

#310 9 years ago

^^^^^is that any worse then the STTNG I saw sitting on your lap outside?

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

^^^^^is that any worse then the STTNG I saw sitting on your lap outside?

There are no pictures of that, therefore it did not happen!

#312 9 years ago

Spoken like a true politician....guess you really do have a futrue in it

#313 9 years ago

Looking for STTNG parts. Anyone have STTNG stuff at the swap meet tomorrow?

#314 9 years ago

Anyone going to the swap meet.....if you dont mind keeping an eye out for the lamp fixture for a Chicago Coin Rebound Shuffleboard game would appreciate it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/10#post-2023504

Pinball Maniac tried to help me out but his contact did not have one thus the reason I am posting again!

#315 9 years ago

hmmm...

what could a P3 and original Tron mean ?

HoustonExpo2014-p3-tron-1.jpgHoustonExpo2014-p3-tron-1.jpg

HoustonExpo2014-p3-tron-2.jpgHoustonExpo2014-p3-tron-2.jpg

#316 9 years ago

If you build it they will come

#317 9 years ago

Day 1 came to an end. It was a fantastic Friday for pinball.
LOTR ColorDMD looks amazing in full color.

Now the swap meet starts at 8am and goes until noon.

This is going to be another fantastic long day of pinball and arcade fun.

#318 9 years ago

Kinda lost my voice from yesterday.
On hunt for coffee...
Caugh hack caugh...

#319 9 years ago

Glad I drove over from Louisiana this morning. Been having a great day hanging out with friends, playin pinball, listening to the music being played, watching all the people having fun, etc.

Ate bbq for lunch w/ Jodester. That restaurant is close enough to just walk to it. We noticed that several other expo people did the same.

Headed back inside for more.
Hope all you pinball fanatics have a good weekend.
Cheers!

#320 9 years ago

Kids and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who brought games. Got to see and play many pins for the first time.

#321 9 years ago

It was a lot of fun

#322 9 years ago

Just wanted to thank the organizers for putting on a fantastic event this weekend! It was the first time I had ever been to the expo and I had an absolute blast yesterday! The panels were great and the variety of games was amazing! It was such a thrill to play some machines I had never seen in person or even heard of.

Can't wait until next year!

Oh and to whoever brought the LED'd WH20, thank you, thank you, thank you!! What a beautiful machine and the game play was incredibly smooth! It was by far my personal favorite of the show! It is definitely the next machine I would like to own.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Just wanted to thank the organizers for putting on a fantastic event this weekend! It was the first time I had ever been to the expo and I had an absolute blast yesterday! The panels were great and the variety of games was amazing! It was such a thrill to play some machines I had never seen in person or even heard of.
Can't wait until next year!
Oh and to whoever brought the LED'd WH20, thank you, thank you, thank you!! What a beautiful machine and the game play was incredibly smooth! It was by far my personal favorite of the show! It is definitely the next machine I would like to own.

I agree 100%. Plus there was a wide variety of pins. Every pin I've been wanting to try were there. The BoP was super nice. And that White Water was beautiful. Makes me want one too.

#324 9 years ago

Thank you, come again!!

#325 9 years ago

Just my impressions of what was there -

Whitewater - first time I played a nice one and got why people loved the machine. This was an awesome machine. Wow. I would take this over MM or AFM anyday.

The Walking Dead - I think that it is a good machine. I think the early hate will die down. I would rather play this than tron, actually.

Taxi - the one next to the Whitewater was beautiful. Whoever restored this machine did an awesome job.

Apollo13 - a pretty neat game. I liked it. The only thing I didn't like was that it sometimes struggled to keep track of how many balls were in play so when you drained your last ball, it would have to sit their until it timed out.

JM - not a bad example but the more I played it the more I realize I should pick one up sometime

Flintstone - I think this is a neat game. Trudeau did this game right.

Demolition Man - as much as I want to get into it, I always want to like it more than I do

Monopoly - I didn't get far into it but it seems a lot better than the hate it gets

The Addams Family - finally played one that impressed me. Maybe, I am a guppy for bright LEDs but I like it

It is really surprising sometimes when I run across a nice example of something that changes my opinion about a game.

#326 9 years ago

Det, I know what you mean about the Addams Family. They had one in each room and the one with LED's was more fun to play in my opinion. The brightness made it easier to tell what was going on, especially since it was too loud to hear the game.

The Taxi next to WW was nice too. There was a sweet modded STTNG. Gave me lots of inspiration with the restore I'm doing. The Circus Voltaire was a beauty.

Can't say enough about the great guys that brought such these excellent games.

I also discovered that ColorDMD and a shaker need to be in all my games.

#327 9 years ago

Yeah the Taxi that was next to the LED'd WH20 was also a real beauty! It was definitely the cleanest and smoothest playing Taxi I've ever seen. A lot of love and TLC was put into restoring that machine. Looked fantastic!

I also really enjoyed playing Twister for the first time. I found it to be one of the most fun Sega machines I've played and I actually think the artwork is quite nice! Right up there with Apollo 13.

The variety of games at the show was excellent and it was nice seeing the modded/upgraded versions in person. While I still think there are a few games that I prefer with their original lighting, the majority of the games that had LED upgrades were vastly improved upon, WH20 being one of the best examples, imo. It was like a completely different game and really breathed new life into it!

Also, major kudos to the team of folks that were making on-the-spot repairs/adjustments to games throughout the day. Their efforts were much appreciated and didn't go unnoticed!

#328 9 years ago

TRON LE was given a relatively easy time in the tournament area...

The game started off with 92 plays when we picked it up, and it perhaps had around 180-190 plays at the Houston Arcade Expo. Still very new, just time for a good clean up!

TronLE_Plays.jpgTronLE_Plays.jpg

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Yeah the Taxi that was next to the LED'd WH20 was also a real beauty! It was definitely the cleanest and smoothest playing Taxi I've ever seen. A lot of love and TLC was put into restoring that machine. Looked fantastic!
I also really enjoyed playing Twister for the first time. I found it to be one of the most fun Sega machines I've played and I actually think the artwork is quite nice! Right up there with Apollo 13.
The variety of games at the show was excellent and it was nice seeing the modded/upgraded versions in person. While I still think there are a few games that I prefer with their original lighting, the majority of the games that had LED upgrades were vastly improved upon, WH20 being one of the best examples, imo. It was like a completely different game and really breathed new life into it!
Also, major kudos to the team of folks that were making on-the-spot repairs/adjustments to games throughout the day. Their efforts were much appreciated and didn't go unnoticed!

Awww...Glad to hear you enjoyed Twister. It held up quite well.
I did what I could to keep many machines up and working. I can't believe how many people enjoyed playing Mousin' Around. I saw more adults playing it than kids.
Sad to say that LOTR went down early Saturday evening due to an issue that took out a solenoid fuse. At least many people enjoyed seeing the newest ColorDMD release coming out later this week.

#330 9 years ago

That was my first time playing mousing around, I liked it.

#331 9 years ago

I had a great time guys. Mad props to all the organizers and especially to Marcus. I ended up staying in the tourney area most of the day Friday due to all the cool events.

The Taxi, WW, AC/DC and Addams were all for one pinsider. All were awesome. I am pleased to own his former Tron Pro and would gladly buy any of his machines. (I even asked him what he was selling before HAAG)

#332 9 years ago

Great event. Wife and kid had a great time. Thanks to everyone whom makes this happen.

A few thoughts on machines at the show:

- The hate about the Walking Dead was "dead on".
- Mustang did not get better. Still hate it.
- Wizard of OZ. Used to not like it, but I actually got a few more plays on it. I'm starting to warm up to it.
- Like Stern StarTrek. Cant explain why, I shouldn't..
- Zitt's Star Trek mirror universe. Was very impressed. I absolutely loved the displays. Incredible.
- Really nice example of White Water.
- Nice Addams with many mods and upgrades.

There were many more nice games, but far too many too mention. Thanks to everyone whom brings their machines to the show.

#333 9 years ago

Thanks guys - for all the warm comments about the Star Trek: Mirror Universe.

Thanks to the event organizers; and again - thanks for the Best of Show award from HAAG.

I finally got to play WOZ and TWD... both are certainly bright; but neither themes really do it for me.
I did kind dig the clear plastics with blood splatter on TWD.

#334 9 years ago

Who won the cash game on the Tron LE, Zitt?

#335 9 years ago

IIRC; It was Gerry. And it was a Tron Pro in cover shots mode.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

His name was Chris. I talked to him a little bit about the beautiful Getaway a few pins over. It was great to see one with leds because I was thinking of doing the same to mine. WH20 and TAF just looked awesome but I have never seen a pinball machine look as good as that Taxi. Amazing. I too thank him for bring not just one but many beautiful, great machines. He looked busy keeping them all running so I hope he had a good time.

#337 9 years ago

Great show, had a fantastic time. Managed to play lots of machines I had never seen before. Pinball Magic is awesome. Mad props to the owner who spent a lot of time with a flashlight trying to get it going. He got it running again and the wife and I played the heck out of it. Bad Cats - loved it! IJ = I chose, poorly! Loved it!

Got to play several games on all of the new Sterns. Love all of them but Mustang. It just doesn't do it for me. Also enjoyed a lot of WoZ which kicks ass. What a game!

Finished out the final night playing the world's longest single score game of bubble hockey. The wife and I have not laughed that hard in a long time. After that I chose to utterly demean myself by playing a round of "Wipeout" on the 360Kinect system being projected onto a giant screen. Exhausting and fun!

I WILL be back next year.

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Great show, had a fantastic time. Managed to play lots of machines I had never seen before. Pinball Magic is awesome. Mad props to the owner who spent a lot of time with a flashlight trying to get it going. He got it running again and the wife and I played the heck out of it. Bad Cats - loved it! IJ = I chose, poorly! Loved it!
Got to play several games on all of the new Sterns. Love all of them but Mustang. It just doesn't do it for me. Also enjoyed a lot of WoZ which kicks ass. What a game!
Finished out the final night playing the world's longest single score game of bubble hockey. The wife and I have not laughed that hard in a long time. After that I chose to utterly demean myself by playing a round of "Wipeout" on the 360Kinect system being projected onto a giant screen. Exhausting and fun!
I WILL be back next year.

hey,

great seeing you.
i couldn't find ya the 2nd night.

The LED Addam's family is absolutely by far the best lit TAF i've ever seen or played. i've got to get to work on mine now. The color DMD and shaker on it were too cool/fun.

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

His name was Chris. I talked to him a little bit about the beautiful Getaway a few pins over. It was great to see one with leds because I was thinking of doing the same to mine. WH20 and TAF just looked awesome but I have never seen a pinball machine look as good as that Taxi. Amazing. I too thank him for bring not just one but many beautiful, great machines. He looked busy keeping them all running so I hope he had a good time.

Was this Chris an older gentleman with gray hair and cycling gloves?

Before this weekend I had a very short list of games that looked better with LEDs: BSD and LAH. LEDs look nice when done right but for every way to do them right there are a 100 ways to do it wrong. Comparing the two WH20s, the game really did need more lighting to feel alive. The other one looked kind of old and unlit. Also, as good as the ramps looked, I would have a hard time arguing against flame polishing. Cloudy ramps really make a game look old.

#340 9 years ago

That little group of pins was awesome Taxi, WH2O, HS2, AC/DC, TAF. The AC/DC belongs to a pinsider, and it actually made me want to buy a pro model if I could get the lights and mods to look like that. I basically want an exact duplicate.

Great show, the only issue was I was sad to see the Fire disappear so soon, I wanted to come back to it.

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Was this Chris an older gentleman with gray hair and cycling gloves?

No sir...he is in his 30's...was wearing a black baseball cap that said RAMS in green.

Quoted from jkdblaze:

That little group of pins was awesome Taxi, WH2O, HS2, AC/DC, TAF. The AC/DC belongs to a pinsider, and it actually made me want to buy a pro model if I could get the lights and mods to look like that. I basically want an exact duplicate.
Great show, the only issue was I was sad to see the Fire disappear so soon, I wanted to come back to it.

Chris' pinside name is fish1975tx....please don't flood him with PM's...I need him to make me a set of LED lightning bolts that he had on his AC/DC first

Chris wanted to have more completed on his AC/DC to blow everyone out of the water...maybe it will be complete by TPF.

Glad I was able to help in getting these games to the show....makes it all more rewarding to see people really appreciate the hard work Chris has done with his games.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hey,
great seeing you.
i couldn't find ya the 2nd night.
The LED Addam's family is absolutely by far the best lit TAF i've ever seen or played. i've got to get to work on mine now. The color DMD and shaker on it were too cool/fun.

Yeah, I was here, there, everywhere! And somebody left my car out front!

IMG_2041.JPGIMG_2041.JPG
#344 9 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Yeah, I was here, there, everywhere! And somebody left my car out front!

IMG_2041.JPG 114 KB

is this the car you're bringing the 'clear pin' in for the Dallas show ?

#345 9 years ago

Thanks everyone for all of the kind words! Thanks to Captive Ball helping us load and unload all of the games. It was an awesome show. Hope to have the pig-2 in AC/DC by TPF!

#346 9 years ago

Thanks to Captive_Ball and fish1975tx, who helped get my five games to the show.
Many more thanks to fish1975tx for helping me keep many of the machines (not just ours) working through the weekend.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

IIRC; It was Gerry. And it was a Tron Pro in cover shots mode.

Guess it's lucky for you guys that I didn't go down there. I got Portal three times over the weekend between my game with a new disc rubber and the local movie theatre..

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Thanks to Captive_Ball and fish1975tx, who helped get my five games to the show.

GU.jpgGU.jpg

#349 9 years ago

Great show and great people! It was my first time in attendance….very impressed. Wish there was another one this weekend.

The Taxi and Bride of Pinbot were really sweet! The Atari music mix late Saturday night was pretty cool. Spent some time with Walter Day, Twin Galaxies official. He is a really good guy. His head is like a walking encyclopedia of facts.

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

And then there was this -
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

I wanted to punch Mario lol. That sound effect backpack was loud and the dude wearing it was backed up next to me while I was playing Metalica. The "Buh Da Ling" Mario game noise kept going off in my ear and I swear it was cranked up to 11.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Other
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Other
There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-houston-arcade-expo-nov-7-8th-dirty-donny-to-return/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.