(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,492 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by JediPimp
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider exflexer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

The guy e-mailed me and said "They are on the list for this summer". Hopefully they get to them.

They were originally slated for release by the fall so September/October is when I would expect them. Rumor is that CPR is going to re-release the plastics since they have been sold out for a while. I'm working on a neat little mod for WCS.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

If you guessed Bad Cats, that would ALSO be correct.

That would make sense since CPR is releasing the plastics, playfield, and the side art is going to be available soon.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Care to elaborate?

Yes it involves a WCS

#238 10 years ago

Don't forget to gap the flipper bats. If your new at it use a credit card to gap the flipper from the bushing either on top or below the playfield.

#256 10 years ago

So there is an oval hole that the cam rides in creating the side to side movement. The hole maybe worn out. I will take a picture of what I am talking about when I get home.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Finally picked mine up. I know I started a thread on this, but since this is the WCS owners thread here is my LED conversion completed pic!

The spot lights are a nice add-on but that purple washes out the art.

#267 10 years ago

Here is a picture of the back of the goalie. Noticed the slot the cam rides in and the correct spring. Don't notice how dirty my spare part is. image.jpegimage.jpeg

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Now if I could just get my kickout cliffy's to stay down, they keep popping up from the playfield even though I really cleaned the area before putting them on

This is also a common problem. Cliffy once suggested putting double-sided tape under the protector but I don't think it is wise. The Mantis circle hole protectors are a better fit.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Don't know about wise (I mean how much damage can double sided tape do), but it would have to be hella strong double sided tape to work

The issue is that you are applying tape to an area that already has wear. You are going to pull up artwork. If you don't think see what happens to people who have mylar installed and are trying to remove it. You can use a stronger adhesive like carpet tape but you run into the same issue.

Quoted from Gov:

Mantis doesn't make them for WCS to my knowledge.

Mantis did sell them at one time. They still offer the hole protector for TOTAN which is the same fit for WCS.

Quoted from Syco54645:

Way more than at illinoise pinball... that sucks...

Gene has a ton of these Soccer Balls. Every time he comes to a show he has a couple dozen of them. They are not as good as the originals as the black lines wear off quicker but with nothing else available you take what you can get.

#303 10 years ago

Burnt GI connector is the first thing I would check out.

#307 10 years ago

Those cliffys are going to pop back up after 100 games or so.

#308 10 years ago

My WCS with Cointaker LED goodness.

IMG_0709.JPGIMG_0709.JPG

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

any luck on getting a picture of this? had my pf up most of the weekend looking things over. not really sure how to check the motion under the pf... any suggestions here? ordered new optos just in case...

Look back on page 6.

2 weeks later
#326 10 years ago

Can you get me a pic of that?

I already told you I posted that pic before on page six. Here it is again.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

2 weeks later
#354 10 years ago

Party Zone is a fun game but it gets old fairly quick. Ramp shot, ramp shot, ramp shot, ramp shot.

#366 10 years ago

The purple Cliffys in the skill shot ruin the way that the game plays. The cliffy posts have no rebound so making the skill shots require no skill. It looks pretty though.

#370 10 years ago

The original rubbers in the skill shot area are the larger 7/8 rubbers not the standard post rubbers.

#379 10 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I purchased a WCS a few months ago and have a question on flipper strength.

You should go over the flipper mechs as a general purchase rule of thumb. There are many things that affect flipper performance. If you move the flipper bat by hand and feel it "dragging" then you most likely have a mushroomed plunger or the bushing in the linkage is worn out. You may also want to check the EOS switch like tucson mentioned. Make sure it is opening at the very last moment. You may also want to check that the coil is secure and not freely moving as the wiggle room will lessen the plungers momentum. Flipper coils usually don't need replaced unless you can't remove the coil sleeve. This means that the coil has a deformed cavity from prolonged use and will cause more resistance on the plunger. Lastly make sure that the gap between the white flipper bushing and the bat is about a credit cards thickness.

#381 10 years ago

So one thing you can check to make sure the interlock is working correctly is:

Take the backglass out first and make sure all the LED's are lit when the game is powered on. Then open the coin door. If the interlock is working correctly the high voltage LED's should turn off.

There are two switches on the inside of the cabinet. One is an interlock to kill power when the door is open and another is the CPU interlock that prevents the settings to be altered when the coin door is closed.

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Did anyone here win any of the plastic sets? I need to buy a few pieces if you are willing to sell...

What pieces are you looking for?

3 months later
#493 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Does anyone's magna-save actually stop SDTM drains? Mine sure doesn't...

Mine does.

Quoted from waveman:

Just thought I'd share that Marco Specialties has the WCS Soccer Ball in stock for $49.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6709

It looks different than the original. The print doesn't go as far down.

#525 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Yeah, mine are doing that too. Dunno what to do about it. maybe some rubber cement? Does that damage anything?

That is a bad idea. Try an use an ultra thin adhesive like carpet tape.

Quoted from Gov:

I had to take them off and back bend them by hand a bit and then put them back on. Seemed to work pretty well.

This works for about a hundred games. Then they start to lift again. The cliffy hole protectors are garbage but they are the only thing available so it is what it is.

1 month later
#559 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

i only need 2 pieces of plastic. not worth it to order. if someone were to order this set and wanted to break them up I would buy it in a heart beat!

Unfortunately the 2 plastics you need are the ones that are always broken. You just need to pony up.

1 week later
#582 10 years ago

Test it in switch test and verify that the diode isn't the problem first

4 weeks later
#649 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

man, someone is bidding against me and price now over $100.00.....hope it's not another Pinsider, and I gave away my hand too early.......mark

Haha you'll feel better when pinball inc releases the repro ramps that are thicker and crystal clear compared to the 20 year old ones. Probably cheaper too.

8 months later
#1363 9 years ago

It's to stop ball traps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 1,059.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider exflexer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=exflexer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.