(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 170.
#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

It's quiet in here.......

Holidays and all keeping us busy.

On topic though, my right GI went out Looks like a burnt connector. Time to learn some more. To test do I select right GI and put a meter on the proper pins to check output?

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

On topic though, my right GI went out Looks like a burnt connector. Time to learn some more. To test do I select right GI and put a meter on the proper pins to check output?

if it is a burnt connect id say just to replace it. use a better connector, cant remember the type. also use leds so that it doesnt happen again to the rest of the original connectors...

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

I can help you replace burnt connectors if that is he issue.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Trifurcons are considered an upgrade over the original IDC connectors. In a home environment I just install new IDC connectors.

#206 10 years ago

Thanks guys! Think I'm going to have Whysnow head over and give me a lighting 101 class!

#207 10 years ago

Today I join your ranks! So excited... Going over to buy my friend's after work... this is going to drag...

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Awesome! Congrats!

Thanks. Now I need to decide if I led the gi or not... Plan on doing the inserts but not sure on the gi. Guess I will see how I like it standard first.
Next game to pick up is my father's Gottlieb Kewpie Doll em. It has been in storage for years. fired it up a year ago and it worked great, just dirty as hell. Going to shop that out first then move onto WCS. My friend kept the WCS fairly clean to begin with.

#210 10 years ago

I put cool white frosted in the GI and I think it looks amazing. I am not affected by strobing at all on it.

#211 10 years ago

Good to know. I will have to try some out I guess and figure out what I like.

#212 10 years ago

I think I'll be tossing LED's into WCS at some point. Right now it resides between Wh20 (which I've led'd more than I ever thought I would..) and AC/DC Premium. WCS is definitely the odd man out, looking quite a bit yellow.

#213 10 years ago

WCS is safely in my house now. Played a few games last night. Majorly rearranged the room before we moved it in. Took way too long to do that, cant wait to play it more today after work.
Only broken plastic (that I saw) is the header plastic and I have a new one of those. Any word on the repo ramps? Mine are cracked at the tabs, nowhere else thankfully. May just repair them and roll with it.

#214 10 years ago

The header plastic being broken is pretty common from what I have read. I need to order a new one for mine as well.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Any word on the repo ramps?

The guy e-mailed me and said "They are on the list for this summer". Hopefully they get to them.

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The header plastic being broken is pretty common from what I have read. I need to order a new one for mine as well.

I ordered a set of plastic protectors. Hopefully my cliffys come in soon. Gonna clean the game and wax it. Will do cliffy and plastic protectors at the same time

#217 10 years ago

Yep, shopping these out it quite a job, best to do everything all at once.

#218 10 years ago

So when I was investigating what to order I noticed some damage at the ball drop. There is a thread here, any ideas on how to fix it or stop the damage from getting worse?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-cracked-clear-at-ball-drop

#219 10 years ago

Not to hijack your question, but as of Monday I am the proud owner of a WCS!!! I can't get enough of this pin!

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from crazyerk:

Not to hijack your question, but as of Monday I am the proud owner of a WCS!!! I can't get enough of this pin!

Congrats!

#221 10 years ago

Ya I have that damage at the ball drop above the rollover and below where the ramp drops. The ball will actually hang there sometimes. I am going to cut some small clear vinyl circles to put there to help. Hopefully that will at least keep it from getting worse.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

The guy e-mailed me and said "They are on the list for this summer". Hopefully they get to them.

They were originally slated for release by the fall so September/October is when I would expect them. Rumor is that CPR is going to re-release the plastics since they have been sold out for a while. I'm working on a neat little mod for WCS.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

They were originally slated for release by the fall so September/October is when I would expect them. Rumor is that CPR is going to re-release the plastics since they have been sold out for a while. I'm working on a neat little mod for WCS.

Care to elaborate?

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Ya I have that damage at the ball drop above the rollover and below where the ramp drops. The ball will actually hang there sometimes. I am going to cut some small clear vinyl circles to put there to help. Hopefully that will at least keep it from getting worse.

Would the clear vinyl be removable without damage? I am worried putting mylar on it will rip up the clear if I ever want to remove it.

#225 10 years ago

Just a little tease: Guess which game should have new ramps available from Pinball Inc. by the end of the year. If you guessed Bad Cats, that would ALSO be correct... <grin>

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I am worried putting mylar on it will rip up the clear if I ever want to remove it.

It is certainly possible if the clear is cracked or if any part of the playfield is exposed. I would clean it as best you can and then put some polyurethane clear on with a small brush to seal in the area. Once this cures, then I would put mylar over that. Pinball life sells nice mylar for inlane drops.

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

It is certainly possible if the clear is cracked or if any part of the playfield is exposed. I would clean it as best you can and then put some polyurethane clear on with a small brush to seal in the area. Once this cures, then I would put mylar over that. Pinball life sells nice mylar for inlane drops.

That was my first thought on how to repair it. I found this article as well.
http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/pinball-restoration/playfield/205-repairing-clear-coated-playfield-planking

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

If you guessed Bad Cats, that would ALSO be correct.

That would make sense since CPR is releasing the plastics, playfield, and the side art is going to be available soon.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Care to elaborate?

Yes it involves a WCS

#231 10 years ago

So I will be repairing with some nail polish. The divot is not that bad. Ordered some removable mylar. if anyone needs some hit me up. Will cover cost and shipping for a few people .
In other news I made it to the world cup last night (though on a buy in so I do not count the score). Lost though. Few reasons are that my goalie doesnt move all the way to the right and my flippers are horribly misaligned. All will be fixed in due time.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

and my flippers are horribly misaligned

Unless your flippers are visually out of whack, take a look at the ball action coming off your metal inlane guides. I've noticed that the guides can cause some wonky action if they aren't perfectly aligned to deliver the ball smoothly to the flipper. I fixed a fellow pinsider's alignment issues by adjusting the metal guides even though at first I thought it was a flipper alignment issue.

Either way it is an easy 10 minute fix.

#233 10 years ago

they are sitting almost completely over the alignment holes. played one on route that you couldnt make the goal and adjusted the flippers to be in line with the alignment holes and it played much better. i trap the ball a lot when i play. Even shots from a trapped flipper did not make it to the goal when normally they would have.

#234 10 years ago

The flippers should certainly be in line with the alignment holes. Jam a toothpick in that hole to help you make sure alignment is correct.

If the balls are bouncing onto the flipper from the inlane it is a guide alignment issue and you will need to adjust the guide slightly so that it sits further away from you. This will allow the ball to roll smoothly onto the flipper instead of making "hard contact" with the portion of the flipper resting against the guide. Not sure if you have this problem, but thought I would throw it out there just in case.

#235 10 years ago

Here is a question, do you align your flippers with the rubbers on or off? I used to align them with the rubber on but was unable to make the shuttle ramp on bop so I went back and aligned with the rubber off and was able to make the shot. Aligned the WCS (my friend's machine, he is an op) with the rubber off and again, able to make goals easily. Before was unable to make them.

#236 10 years ago

It should be with them off, but I leave the rubbers on (snicker) to aid in alignment. Just jam the tooth pick in between the bottom of the flipper and the rubber.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It should be with them off, but I leave the rubbers on (snicker) to aid in alignment. Just jam the tooth pick in between the bottom of the flipper and the rubber.

That is a great idea. Need less hands that way! Thanks so much!

#238 10 years ago

Don't forget to gap the flipper bats. If your new at it use a credit card to gap the flipper from the bushing either on top or below the playfield.

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Anyone looking for a NOS PF on e-bay
Ebay link

That is wild, I was just going to come post here that I am picking up a NOS WCS pf this upcoming Wednesday (so I can then look for a game with a beater pf to do an eventual full on restoration to).

What do you guys think the ebay one will go for?

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What do you guys think the ebay one will go for?

$501. Where you getting yours from? And when you going to come teach me lighting 101?

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

$501. Where you getting yours from? And when you going to come teach me lighting 101?

I am paying a bit more than that>>> hope I am not overpaying. I am picking it up in chitown.

Summertime is tough to even find a spare evening. Did you determine in was a burnt connector, if so I can help you to easily swap out both the male and female sides. I think it is J121 you want to look at to see if it is burnt. That was the exact same issue with my FT GI when I originally got it.

Pretty easy to desolder and replace the male side and the IDC female is even easier.

#243 10 years ago

I just put a Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade in my WCS. It sounds better, but I don't know if it is $140 better. I will have to play around with it some more.

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Don't forget to gap the flipper bats. If your new at it use a credit card to gap the flipper from the bushing either on top or below the playfield.

Yep, have a gift card that I cut specifically for this purpose

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Summertime is tough to even find a spare evening.

Good thing I'm patient. I might get some time to mess with it this week after Wednesday. Will look closer and see what I can do.

#246 10 years ago

Ordered up parts last night. Mostly coil sleeves and flipper rebuild kit. If the flippers end up being fine I will just save it for if/when I get a demo man or dredd.
Few problems I am having is the diverter sometimes gets stuck in the middle. It fixes itself next time it fires (assume this is just a dirty sleeve, will replace and see how it is).
More troubling is that the goalie is not traveling all the way to the sides. It travels further to the left than it does to the right. I looked to see if the wire was prematurely triggering the opto but it doesnt look like it is. Any ideas here?

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Ordered up parts last night. Mostly coil sleeves and flipper rebuild kit. If the flippers end up being fine I will just save it for if/when I get a demo man or dredd.
Few problems I am having is the diverter sometimes gets stuck in the middle. It fixes itself next time it fires (assume this is just a dirty sleeve, will replace and see how it is).
More troubling is that the goalie is not traveling all the way to the sides. It travels further to the left than it does to the right. I looked to see if the wire was prematurely triggering the opto but it doesnt look like it is. Any ideas here?

My goalie has a similar problem, but it is the other direction. It isn't enough to really affect play, but after watching some videos of other machines, mine definitely doesn't go far enough to the left.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

My goalie has a similar problem, but it is the other direction. It isn't enough to really affect play, but after watching some videos of other machines, mine definitely doesn't go far enough to the left.

Mine is pretty bad as there is only about a ball width on the one side and far less on the other... makes goals next to impossible.

#249 10 years ago

I am sure mine affects play some, but not as bad as yours sounds. I can usually shoot around mine unless it is multiball then it is save after save

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

My goalie has a similar problem, but it is the other direction

This is often caused by the wire for the goalie "hit" switch not being properly seated within its guide as it goes down the back of the goalie. This allows the wire to become separated from the post that it rides down. The wire then trips the opto that indicates the end of the side-to-side goalie movement stroke and causes the motor to reverse prematurely. There are little raised dots that define the wire path in the moving post. Make sure your wire is seated in that vertical track.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,059.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.