(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

There are 8,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 170.
#1 10 years ago

Just got mine and as I learn more about it I would be happy to help others and be helped by others. That's the GOAAAAAAAAL of this thread!

#2 10 years ago

Mine is heading to a new home in a couple weeks - but it's a great game! The final with Germany is always an adrenaline rush!

#3 10 years ago

Got mine early this year. It was resetting every 10th game or so which eventually ended up turning into a reset anytime both flippers were hit...yikes! I got a new baby in the house so troubleshooting and soldering just wasn't very motivational to say the least. Thought about dumping it to a fellow pinsider and great guy who loves working on pins for a below market price. Instead he offered to do the board repair for 50 bucks. When I brought it to his house, He found 3 undersized BRs on the board. Most people would have bought the game cheap, fix it and flip it; this guy helped a fellow pinsider out. Thanks Tracelifter!

I'll post pics of my WCS later on. Fun game. And we're a soccer family so glad we didn't sell it off

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Mine is heading to a new home in a couple weeks - but it's a great game! The final with Germany is always an adrenaline rush!

Lost to Germany 4-2 yesterday. You're so right though, always a rush!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Got mine early this year. It was resetting every 10th game or so which eventually ended up turning into a reset anytime both flippers were hit...yikes! I got a new baby in the house so troubleshooting and soldering just wasn't very motivational to say the least. Thought about dumping it to a fellow pinsider and great guy who loves working on pins for a below market price. Instead he offered to do the board repair for 50 bucks. When I brought it to his house, He found 3 undersized BRs on the board. Most people would have bought the game cheap, fix it and flip it; this guy helped a fellow pinsider out. Thanks Tracelifter!
I'll post pics of my WCS later on. Fun game. And we're a soccer family so glad we didn't sell it off

I take it BR= Bridge rectifier? How do you get 3 undersized? Hack job?

+1 for Tracelifter. So many good people here on Pinside!

#5 10 years ago

WC94 is perhaps the most accessible pin I have. Non pinball people get it immediately and enjoy it. This seems to be the case whether they like soccer or not.

I've got info about mine here http://www.aaarpinball.com/WCS94/wcs94.htm

It was in pretty nice shape when I got it, so there isn't as much detail on that page compared to some others.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When I brought it to his house, He found 3 undersized BRs on the board. Most people would have bought the game cheap, fix it and flip it; this guy helped a fellow pinsider out. Thanks Tracelifter!

Thanking someone called "Tracelifter" for electronic board repairs... not something you see every day

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from altan:

WC94 is perhaps the most accessible pin I have. Non pinball people get it immediately and enjoy it. This seems to be the case whether they like soccer or not.
I've got info about mine here http://www.aaarpinball.com/WCS94/wcs94.htm
It was in pretty nice shape when I got it, so there isn't as much detail on that page compared to some others.

Awesome page! Not sure why Propoganda gave you a downvote. Did you hurt his feelings?
Thanks for sharing!

#8 10 years ago

I miss mine and would buy or trade into another one again.

Might have to slide the Roadshow over....

#9 10 years ago

Just picked mine up last Saturday!! First pin! Glad to be part of the club!

#10 10 years ago

Was one of my favs in the 90's and would love to pick up a nice one locally if I ever had the chance.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Awesome page! ...
Thanks for sharing!

Glad you liked it. I try and keep track of my repairs, but it really ends up being about 50% or so...

#12 10 years ago

I just picked up mine last week, works great, adding cointakers right now.
It goes on location at Murray Hill Theater in Jax FL next Monday.

#13 10 years ago

Was I think the third pin I ever owned...wound up trading it & cash for a TSPP. HUGE mistake! Wound up getting another one a couple years later, and it will never leave. It is by far our most played pin. LOVE this game!!!

#14 10 years ago

Turbos in the house ..... this was my second pin that i got about 5 years ago i put on some new plastic and shopped out with leds about 6 months ago fun game the new Bs alway love it

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Was I think the third pin I ever owned...wound up trading it & cash for a TSPP. HUGE mistake! Wound up getting another one a couple years later, and it will never leave. It is by far our most played pin. LOVE this game!!!

Just played TSPP for the first time yesterday. I really liked it, and really want one. It will be a while until I can afford one though.

#16 10 years ago

Looking for a WCS let me know if you or anyone you know is interested in selling one near Michigan area.. Just PM me.. Thanks in advance..

#17 10 years ago

As others have said, this was one of my favorites in the 90's. I seem to remember the goalie traveling farther to the left than mine does. I have a very hard time hitting the Penalty Shot as it seems the goalie is not far enough left. I played WCS in a tournament in March and had no problem hitting the Penalty Shot so I'm pretty sure something is up. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for quality of video.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

As others have said, this was one of my favorites in the 90's. I seem to remember the goalie traveling farther to the left than mine does. I have a very hard time hitting the Penalty Shot as it seems the goalie is not far enough left. I played WCS in a tournament in March and had no problem hitting the Penalty Shot so I'm pretty sure something is up. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for quality of video.
» YouTube video

Yep he's not moving far enough to the left .. just compared it with mine. It's not a huge distance off, and honestly, I'd probably prefer mine be more like yours to make it more challenging.

Funny thing on mine with the Penalty Shot - the goalie moves to the left, stops for about 1/2 second, then moves over a little bit more. It's the only time this happens (the stop then move a bit more).

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

and honestly, I'd probably prefer mine be more like yours to make it more challenging.

Thanks for looking. Not a bad point on the challenging part, now you have me considering leaving it alone.

#20 10 years ago

Dewsho,

The travel of the goalie is controlled by an opto. Something is triggering the opto on the left. There is a wire on the back of the goalie that registers goalie hits. If the wire isn't placed in its track along the back properly, it hangs down and can prematurely trigger the opto. Check that.

#21 10 years ago

Hey all! I've had mine for almost a year now and I don't think it will ever leave.

It's the first pin that kids play.....in fact in a lot of cases it's the ONLY pin they play. Just so easy for them to grasp trying to score goals.

I really enjoy it myself and it's a nice change of pace from my other super fast-n-flow games.

#22 10 years ago

I have a px-3 game rom in mine, does anyone know what the differents from the L-2 game rom?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I have a px-3 game rom in mine, does anyone know what the differents from the L-2 game rom?

The best information I could find says that PX-3 is a prototype ROM. No idea what the differences are.

If you want to run the latest tried and true then go with L-2 (LX-2).

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The best information I could find says that PX-3 is a prototype ROM. No idea what the differences are.
If you want to run the latest tried and true then go with L-2 (LX-2).

Mine says LA-2. LX-2 better/newer?

EDIT: A=America/Canada X=Export.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Just got mine and as I learn more about it I would be happy to help others and be helped by others. That's the GOAAAAAAAAL of this thread!

Nice! That's awesome you landed one. This is at the very top of my wishlist right now, I really love this game.

#26 10 years ago

It's a great pin and my friends and family were sad to see it go. The light show, music, big ramps are great and this pin is still priced pretty reasonable too! I see this one being the flavor of the month soon

#27 10 years ago

I've had mine for about a year. Very fun. Will probably be moving it along soon though to make room for something else. Time to let someone else have some fun!

#28 10 years ago

GREAT PIN

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Nice! That's awesome you landed one. This is at the very top of my wishlist right now, I really love this game.

Thanks! I shall help you find one!! Like many people have said, it's so easy for anyone to walk up to and understand!

#30 10 years ago

Hey... it's only a $900 pin per pinside... People could own 5 WCS94's instead of an ACDC. That's a good value

(Obviously pinside's estimate price is ridiculous in this case)

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I see this one being the flavor of the month soon

I think it's well on it's way. I know of at least 5 people who are looking to pick one up. Heck, HighProtein just got one to put on route and tullster still has one on route too.

Quoted from altan:

Hey... it's only a $900 pin per pinside... People could own 5 WCS94's instead of an ACDC. That's a good value
(Obviously pinside's estimate price is ridiculous in this case)

I was so geeked when I found pinside and saw that estimate! Oh well, still easily worth double that in my book.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

I was so geeked when I found pinside and saw that estimate! Oh well, still easily worth double that in my book.

Worth more than double if it's in decent condition.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I see this one being the flavor of the month soon

It already surpassed flavor of the month a few months back it appears. It went up for a short bit and then dropped back down the past few months. There have been a few that have sat unsold on pinside for quite a while and they were advertised/sold at prices lower then they were selling for a few months ago.

Fun game but with almost 9000 made it is still readily available and the theme kills it for some. Luckily, I think WCS falls into the category of game that has not been impacted too much by the past years trend. It does actually seem that things are starting to settle down on many of the 'b' listers. This is great from my point of view because 'b' and 'c' listers are my wheelhouse

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It already surpassed flavor of the month a few months back it appears. It went up for a short bit and then dropped back down the past few months. There have been a few that have sat unsold on pinside for quite a while and they were advertised/sold at prices lower then they were selling for a few months ago.
Fun game but with almost 9000 made it is still readily available and the theme kills it for some. Luckily, I think WCS falls into the category of game that has not been impacted too much by the past years trend. It does actually seem that things are starting to settle down on many of the 'b' listers. This is great from my point of view because 'b' and 'c' listers are my wheelhouse

I actually think the interest is going back up again - at least it seems that way in just the last few weeks with people wanting one, and there aren't many/any readily available right now. Yeah I knew about the 9000 made and that honestly shocked me quite a bit, as you don't see them come up for sale too often, and don't see them out in the wild. Perhaps a lot went overseas? But I do see this pin creeping up more towards the $3k mark if things keep on the same trajectory. I think it's just as fun as NGG and NGG shot up recently, although they now seem to be in the same predicament (coming back down a bit and harder to sell for some reason).

#35 10 years ago

Neither NGG nor WCS has shot up recently... Enough with the silly cheerleading!!!

Heck, there has been a decent NGG for sale on here for a while and the price seems to drop a hundred every week and still not sell (last I saw it was down to 2700 for a game that would have easily sold for 3k this time last year)

WCS can be found on ebay any day of the week for ~3 and it IS NOT SELLING. WCS can be found with minimal effort for 2300 for a NICE example (here you go >> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cv-wcs-and-diner-in-nw-suburbs-of-chicago) and it sat for 1 month.

1800 for fully functioning (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-nice-wcs-for-sale-in-sw-ohio-1900)

AND these are pinside prices!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Enough with the silly cheerleading!!!

Don't you go starting fights in my thread you no having WCS person! As a matter of fact you should probably sell me that RFM and get you a WCS. Just not yet cuz I'm broke.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Neither NGG nor WCS has shot up recently... Enough with the silly cheerleading!!!
Heck, there has been a decent NGG for sale on here for a while and the price seems to drop a hundred every week and still not sell (last I saw it was down to 2700 for a game that would have easily sold for 3k this time last year)
WCS can be found on ebay any day of the week for ~3 and it IS NOT SELLING. WCS can be found with minimal effort for 2300 for a NICE example (here you go >> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cv-wcs-and-diner-in-nw-suburbs-of-chicago) and it sat for 1 month.
1800 for fully functioning (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-nice-wcs-for-sale-in-sw-ohio-1900)

Sorry, my definition of recently is more like in the past 12-24 months in terms of life of the pin. I wasn't talking like in the last 8 weeks. I think just about every pin value has dropped recently in the past few months. I still say games like WCS and NGG, time proven classics that consistently top the value/fun charts, stand the most chance of still increasing in value. It wouldn't surprise me to see NGG become a $4k game in the next 1-2 years, and WCS near $3k.

And as a disclaimer, this isn't cheerleading - I want a NGG and have never had one, and I recently sold my WCS. I have no vested interest in seeing any of these machines go up.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

maybe the bubble is starting burst

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

maybe the bubble is starting burst

I do not think 'burst' can apply to this hobby.

However, I have definitely noticed some titles have actualy stopped going up and some have even receded a bit. Things eb and flow (even from the short time I have been in the collecting aspect of the hobby) and it only makes sense that with so many GREAT new games coming out, that some titles may actually go down a bit in perceived value (i.e. market).

Back on topic >> WCS is a fun game!!! Maybe Ken will actually invite me over to play some time and explain it fully to me???

#40 10 years ago

I will say that any WCS I have seen in my area is either gobbled up by a retailer who trolls the internet 24/7 and then rots in storage and on ebay for crack prices or sits at a "pay me to sell it" collectors price. So although I am not holding my breath, I am keeping my eyes open :-/

Hopefully I can get a functioning BEATER WCS94. I could care less about wear and tear for that game, its all about the light show, sound fx and TNA and I dont mean tits and ass! LOL (Total non-stop action).

Kudos and Olay Olay Olay Olay!!! to all owners

#41 10 years ago

I love WCS..... but I have lost to Germany enough times I am starting to feel Polish.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I love WCS..... but I have lost to Germany enough times I am starting to feel Polish.

Hmmm... I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd say I lose to Germany maybe 1 out of 20 times, maybe even less. The key is to just keep plunging the ball - when I first got the game I would forget about the ball in the plunger and would be about 50/50. But now you just keep plunging all the time and it's pretty easy to win since the plunged ball goes to the flipper.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Hmmm... I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd say I lose to Germany maybe 1 out of 20 times, maybe even less. The key is to just keep plunging the ball - when I first got the game I would forget about the ball in the plunger and would be about 50/50. But now you just keep plunging all the time and it's pretty easy to win since the plunged ball goes to the flipper.

I have my "final match difficulty" set to "Hard" for the exact reason you described.
I was trying to be funny......another fail for me.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I have my "final match difficulty" set to "Hard" for the exact reason you described.
I was trying to be funny......another fail for me.

Excellent point! *goes to set difficulty to Hard*

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do not think 'burst' can apply to this hobby.
However, I have definitely noticed some titles have actualy stopped going up and some have even receded a bit. Things eb and flow (even from the short time I have been in the collecting aspect of the hobby) and it only makes sense that with so many GREAT new games coming out, that some titles may actually go down a bit in perceived value (i.e. market).
Back on topic >> WCS is a fun game!!! Maybe Ken will actually invite me over to play some time and explain it fully to me???

You should know that you have an open invitation. I've got a long stretch of weird work days until the 19th. How about the 20th, 21st, 22nd, or the 26th? Not much variety over here but good company

Also supposed to hook up with Dave somewhere in there to play some ac/dc!

#46 10 years ago

could probably do 22nd or maybe 21st after work?

grab a pizza and a few beers and some wcs?

#47 10 years ago

I wanted one for years, finally bought it, was ready to sell it within the month. Over two years later, I still can't quite let it go... haha... One of those modern 'classic' games that seems to connect with everyone. You never hear anyone say 'yeah, I hate WCS94'.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

You never hear anyone say 'yeah, I hate WCS94'.

Yeah....even people who "hate" soccer still don't hate WCS....some of them even like it.

#49 10 years ago

Has anyone had, or know how to deal with this issue...Left pop bumber plastic is a little low on the left side. Right above the entrance to Striker's hideout. Usually not a problem, but every so often it will catch a slow rolling ball and hold on to it for a few seconds. Working crazy hours right now so I have not delved into it yet. Shim it up on that side? Order new plastic? Thanks in advance for any advice!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Has anyone had, or know how to deal with this issue...Left pop bumber plastic is a little low on the left side. Right above the entrance to Striker's hideout. Usually not a problem, but every so often it will catch a slow rolling ball and hold on to it for a few seconds. Working crazy hours right now so I have not delved into it yet. Shim it up on that side? Order new plastic? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Is it warped? You could flatten it. If not, maybe throw a couple lexan washers in there to raise it a hair...?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
16,500 (OBO)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.