(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,762 posts
  • 670 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by ArnoBosvelt
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

68080E34-DF64-4F54-8501-B723A3E0850C (resized).jpeg
0E59BD39-FD85-4182-8A38-0213D5E8442E (resized).jpeg
4DCC73C3-0D27-47F4-8035-785DC5EC21D8 (resized).jpeg
0-1 (resized).jpeg
0-2 (resized).jpeg
20221028_122916 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 02-49-58 Marco Specialties Pinball Parts (resized).png
305311894_1596217294108737_2845400578204479785_n (resized).jpg
21CF8BFE-96FB-4DE6-BCFD-694E8EA06AC4 (resized).jpeg
light (resized).jpg
light (resized).jpg
??????_Viber_2022-10-17_12-48-52-245 (resized).jpg
20221016_194159 (resized).jpg
R3 (resized).jpg
20221016_194136 (resized).jpg
20221016_194119 (resized).jpg

There are 7,762 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 156.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I would say that you traded up quite a bit Congrats!

No doubt!

#352 9 years ago

Agreed traded up

#353 9 years ago

Have you guys played party zone? It is an equally fun game and also very funny.

#354 9 years ago

Party Zone is a fun game but it gets old fairly quick. Ramp shot, ramp shot, ramp shot, ramp shot.

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Party Zone is a fun game but it gets old fairly quick. Ramp shot, ramp shot, ramp shot, ramp shot.

Yes...and one more ramp shot...

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have you guys played Party Zone? It is an equally fun game and also very funny.

Get out of our circlejerk!

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Get out of our circlejerk!

Hey, you said everyone was welcome... ;(

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey, you said everyone was welcome... ;(

In the topic, not the circlejerk!

As a side note, man do you get up early!

#359 9 years ago

Right when I get rid of my WCS94, plastics show up for sale.....
CPR is selling WCS94 plastics on ebay right now if anyone is interested. I searched for months to try and find some and couldn't.

ebay.com link: sch

#360 9 years ago

Don't really need them, but wouldn't mind having an extra set. What does a set go for when not being bid up but sold outright?

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Don't really need them, but wouldn't mind having an extra set. What does a set go for when not being bid up but sold outright?

I NEED them so please don't bid!

On a serious note, last set I saw sold for 125.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

I NEED them so please don't bid!
On a serious note, last set I saw sold for 125.

Good to know. I will not bid on these out of respect for my fellow pinheads.

#363 9 years ago

I only need 2 pieces of plastic. Would be willing to just buy those ones...

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Has anyone sent their wire ramp and skill shot off to be re-done in brass? If so do you think it was worth the money? Thanks, Jason

I had Mike Chestnut replate everything on mine in brass a few years ago. It looks awesome and was totally worth it. I put purple Cliffy sleeves inside the skill shot and installed purple pop bumper caps. I have it in storage but will take some better pics when I get down there. 5.jpg

#365 9 years ago

Love the purple in the skill shot!

#366 9 years ago

The purple Cliffys in the skill shot ruin the way that the game plays. The cliffy posts have no rebound so making the skill shots require no skill. It looks pretty though.

#367 9 years ago

I just picked up a WCS 2 weeks ago. My kids love it, and I find it challenging. I'm new to Pinside, and was surprised to see a thread dedicated to WCS.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from tucson:

I just picked up a WCS 2 weeks ago. My kids love it, and I find it challenging. I'm new to Pinside, and was surprised to see a thread dedicated to WCS.

I joined in January and was surprised there wasn't a WCS thread considering how there are 200+ owners here on pinside. Congrats on the pickup and welcome to pinside!

Think I need to clean the opto for my Striker hole. Been working a TOn of 12 hour days in a row though and have not looked at it. Does anyone know how hard or easy it is to reach this opto. Have to get the machine tip top for MRP 2013.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

The purple Cliffys in the skill shot ruin the way that the game plays. The cliffy posts have no rebound so making the skill shots require no skill. It looks pretty though.

Thanks for the info, i've had them installed for 5 years and never noticed. I have another WCS on location with the standard setup, i'll have to compare the skill shot between the two.

#370 9 years ago

The original rubbers in the skill shot area are the larger 7/8 rubbers not the standard post rubbers.

#371 9 years ago

Thanks to GOV, I am proud to announce that I am now an official member of the WCS Owners Club!

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal! <rips off shirt and runs around the house>

1st game after setup": 4.025B (yeah...I bought-in twice)
2nd game: 121M - Ha!

#372 9 years ago

I need coaching. 2.4 B is the best I've done so far!

#373 9 years ago

I purchased a WCS a few months ago and have a question on flipper strength.

When I take a shot from the right flipper, it will sometimes make it all the way up to the goal or up the ramp, but the vast majority of the times it is too weak to go all the way up the ramp and then goes SDTM! The left flipper is much stronger. Would the fix to this be to just replace the coil?

#374 9 years ago

Check the EOS switch. Make sure it doesn't break contact until near the end of flipper travel. Hope that helps.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

I joined in January and was surprised there wasn't a WCS thread considering how there are 200+ owners here on pinside. Congrats on the pickup and welcome to pinside!
Think I need to clean the opto for my Striker hole. Been working a TOn of 12 hour days in a row though and have not looked at it. Does anyone know how hard or easy it is to reach this opto. Have to get the machine tip top for MRP 2013.

I just replaced them on the machine I sold to Dayvv. They are easy to replace as they are connected to the harness by a molex connector?

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from tucson:

Check the EOS switch. Make sure it doesn't break contact until near the end of flipper travel. Hope that helps.

Thought EOS switch didnt really matter in fliptronic flippers as it was controlled by the board. Not saying to remove them. Either way I would say to do a flipper rebuild. Replace the eos, bushings, and the flipper mechs. You probably have the one side mushroomed pretty good. I still havn't rebuilt mine yet but can say that the left flipper is slower returning because of the mushroomed plunger.

#377 9 years ago

After 5 months of ownership and never beating Germany for the World Cup, I finally did it two games in a row tonight! What a great feeling to finally when the Cup!

What a great pin this is!

#378 9 years ago

I got to Canada, and that's good for me!

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I purchased a WCS a few months ago and have a question on flipper strength.

You should go over the flipper mechs as a general purchase rule of thumb. There are many things that affect flipper performance. If you move the flipper bat by hand and feel it "dragging" then you most likely have a mushroomed plunger or the bushing in the linkage is worn out. You may also want to check the EOS switch like tucson mentioned. Make sure it is opening at the very last moment. You may also want to check that the coil is secure and not freely moving as the wiggle room will lessen the plungers momentum. Flipper coils usually don't need replaced unless you can't remove the coil sleeve. This means that the coil has a deformed cavity from prolonged use and will cause more resistance on the plunger. Lastly make sure that the gap between the white flipper bushing and the bat is about a credit cards thickness.

#380 9 years ago

Hey, I posted this in a seperate thread, but thought I'd check here and see if its a game specific issue...

I replaced most of the GI lights w/ pinballbulbs LED, installed a LED strip at the back of the cab, put on new legs and bolts and installed a new coin door. The coin door I installed was brand new but lacked one separate 2-pin plug that the previous door had. I left this unplugged.

Game powers on and all the coin door buttons work for navigating the menus. You can start a game but no ball launches in to the ball launch area. Flippers do not work. Coin door high voltage switch works,. when I open the door the game notifies me that the high voltage has been disabled. Closing the coin door makes this message go away.

I've pulled and checked the fuses. I see two IDC connectors look like they may be burnt.

I pulled the new coin door out, disconnected the LED strip, and reinstalled the old coin door. Same exact symptoms.

I'm not at the machine now, but I'm trying to get a game plan for tonight when I work on this again. Any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#381 9 years ago

So one thing you can check to make sure the interlock is working correctly is:

Take the backglass out first and make sure all the LED's are lit when the game is powered on. Then open the coin door. If the interlock is working correctly the high voltage LED's should turn off.

There are two switches on the inside of the cabinet. One is an interlock to kill power when the door is open and another is the CPU interlock that prevents the settings to be altered when the coin door is closed.

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

There are two switches on the inside of the cabinet. One is an interlock to kill power when the door is open and another is the CPU interlock that prevents the settings to be altered when the coin door is closed.

I (stupidly) knocked a wire loose on the interlock switch. After plugging that in correctly, everything works!! Game is super bright now too Thanks for the suggestion.

#383 9 years ago

Did anyone here win any of the plastic sets? I need to buy a few pieces if you are willing to sell...

#384 9 years ago

Those prices were ridiculous...Hopefully they will make more sets with the large interest and two of the sets were seconds!

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Did anyone here win any of the plastic sets? I need to buy a few pieces if you are willing to sell...

What pieces are you looking for?

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

What pieces are you looking for?

Off the top of my head the one that is under the left ramp. some of it is above the assist hole. i have plastic protectors installed on my machine but that plastic is just destroyed on mine. Cant remember the others, that is the biggie...

1 month later
#387 9 years ago

Can someone please take a few pics of their final draw scoop (more angles the better)? Mine is pretty bent, thinking maybe that is why it never goes in there. I make a shot and it hits it hard, a good metal thwack, and just rolls back down the pf. If this is the problem then I will just end up ordering a new one the next time I have a free moment.

#388 9 years ago

Will try and get some for you when I get home in the morning if there are not already some here.

Possibly related...I played another WCS94 at league on Saturday. Deaconblooze and I were talking about the differences in our machines as he got to play mine at the Mad Rollin tourney this year. Not sure how much variance there can be in flipper position but on my machine it is MUCH easier to hit the kickback relight than on his. Some shots were so different it was unreal.

But as you said, you're hitting it and it's still not going in so probably nothing to do with flippers.

He also had the new Saturn rubbers on there which made the game different. In a good way.

#389 9 years ago

I'd sure like to own one of these is anyone in the area is ever looking to sell!

#391 9 years ago

In the club about 3 months ago.....Love it!!! Just a really fun pin..haven't beaten Germany yet, but close, close.....

Technically bought this for my Son as a joint fixer upper modder, so I guess he's really in the club, not me....ha

#392 9 years ago

I am late to the show. New owner very fun game and very approachable.

#393 9 years ago

GOAL!!

WCS is a great game, I love mine!

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I am late to the show. New owner very fun game and very approachable.

Better late than never.

Anyone else eyeing up those new Saturn rubbers? Couple of colors on there that would look cool on this game. I want to see how easilt they clean up.

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

GOAL!!
WCS is a great game, I love mine!

Just noticed you have been a pinside member for 2015 years!

Doctor?

#396 9 years ago

I just picked up this machine, seems to be pretty good in general, but the goalie movement is sporadic. Any tips where to look first? It does move, but stops and starts (when he goalie is supposed to be moving all the time).

I can tell I'll need to get some LED's in this, it's a super dark machine otherwise.

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

but the goalie movement is sporadic. Any tips where to look first? It does move, but stops and starts

I had a wire for the switch that was catching sometimes as it moved back and forth. Check to make sure wires are routed properly.

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Will try and get some for you when I get home in the morning if there are not already some here.
Possibly related...I played another WCS94 at league on Saturday. Deaconblooze and I were talking about the differences in our machines as he got to play mine at the Mad Rollin tourney this year. Not sure how much variance there can be in flipper position but on my machine it is MUCH easier to hit the kickback relight than on his. Some shots were so different it was unreal.
But as you said, you're hitting it and it's still not going in so probably nothing to do with flippers.
He also had the new Saturn rubbers on there which made the game different. In a good way.

Thanks. It is quite annoying. My flippers need rebuilt and realigned but with buying a house just been too busy. Figure if my scoop is in need of replacement or repair I will do it all at the same time.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I just picked up this machine, seems to be pretty good in general, but the goalie movement is sporadic. Any tips where to look first? It does move, but stops and starts (when he goalie is supposed to be moving all the time).
I can tell I'll need to get some LED's in this, it's a super dark machine otherwise.

Did you land the one that was for sale up in Alexandria?

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Thanks. It is quite annoying. My flippers need rebuilt and realigned but with buying a house just been too busy. Figure if my scoop is in need of replacement or repair I will do it all at the same time.

Sorry. Been fighting with people on the phone since I got off work (while sitting here on pinside of course). Tired and need to go to bed but will take pics for sure when I get off tomorrow morning.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hopkinton, MA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Holly Springs, NC
There are 7,762 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!