(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 170.
#1351 9 years ago

My new soccer ball just came in...

How do I install this? Do I need to drill a hole in it?

#1352 9 years ago

I think I had to do that (just to clear the rubber from the hole). You should be able to see the exact location from the bottom (inside) of the ball (center of the square) if I remember correctly.

#1353 9 years ago

Yeah, did some research. Just gotta put a hole in there.

Also need some help on something silly - I need a few screws and want to know where to buy them.

1) The bronze hex screws that hold the switches to the ramps. I need a few because they were missing in my game.

2) The bottom right pop has two screws in it that hold the clear plastic onto it. One of them is nearly stripped on the head and I want to replace it.

Any thoughts as to what these are so I can go shopping?

#1354 9 years ago

New TV Award / Final Draw Scoop Light mod from Lee's Parts. Light up your TV Award and Final Draw Scoop with a Green glow when the TV Award is active and Purple when the Final Draw is active.
http://www.leesparts.com/products/WCS94-TVFinal-light.html
WCSTVAwardGreen300300.jpgWCSTVAwardGreen300300.jpgWCSFinalDrawPurple300300.jpgWCSFinalDrawPurple300300.jpg

#1356 9 years ago

Anybody every purchased the rubber ring kit from Marco Specialties? I think it's missing two of the 27/64" rubbers for the Gate 1 ramp. Can you buy a white ring anywhere without having to buy a whole kit + pay shipping?

Also, the dome flasher on top of the goalie...I have no idea what hole the wires go through on the playfield. Anyone able to give me some insight/take a pic of where their wire goes under the playfield at?

#1357 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Can you buy a white ring anywhere without having to buy a whole kit + pay shipping?

Dont all the suppliers let you buy rings separately? I dont think I have ever bought a kit. I think you are out of luck as far as going down to the local hardware store to get a rubber ring.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

Also, the dome flasher on top of the goalie...I have no idea what hole the wires go through on the playfield. Anyone able to give me some insight/take a pic of where their wire goes under the playfield at?

If no one answers I will take a look later when I can.

#1358 9 years ago

For anyone interested I have a HEP Chris Hutchins restored WCS pin in the market place.

#1359 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Dont all the suppliers let you buy rings separately? I dont think I have ever bought a kit. I think you are out of luck as far as going down to the local hardware store to get a rubber ring.

If no one answers I will take a look later when I can.

A local guy had a few and is sending me some.

Also, I'd really appreciate it if nobody else is able to. That will allow me to start putting ramps back on!

#1360 9 years ago

Anyone else get annoyed when you might be having just a little trouble hitting shots or goals and you hear... "They can't seem to get control of the ball" or the one that gets me "the crowd is waiting in anticipation". Let them anticipate and I'll get control of the ball when I'm darn good and ready. If I'm agitated enough at the time I've been known to respond with a wise guy type of "Shut up". Anybody else? All in good fun

#1361 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

"They can't seem to get control of the ball"

That is actually my favorite call out in all of pinball. I do respond to him though...

#1362 9 years ago

Can someone explain to me two things:

1) Is this where this plastic goes? I've seen it on a few ways on different pictures of people's games.

2) What on earth is it for? I can't figure out why this would even be needed.

20141107_122827.jpg20141107_122827.jpg
#1363 9 years ago

It's to stop ball traps.

#1364 9 years ago

That looks right... it keeps balls from getting stuck between that plastic and the ramp. Many such items that seem to have no purpose are there to prevent balls from getting stuck in place. Stuck balls = broken game and no revenue/service call for an operator.

#1365 9 years ago

Ah OK - thank you guys. I guess in looking at it more, it makes sense.

#1366 9 years ago

Hey Everyone,
New to Pinside but own a World Cup Soccer. I am missing the 'Header/Kick' Plastic for the Striker/Pops area and can't seem to track it down anywhere. Does anyone have any leads?
Thanks!

#1367 9 years ago
Quoted from dloe007:

Hey Everyone,
New to Pinside but own a World Cup Soccer. I am missing the 'Header/Kick' Plastic for the Striker/Pops area and can't seem to track it down anywhere. Does anyone have any leads?
Thanks!

CPR is supposedly running new plastic sets sometime soon.

#1368 9 years ago

Does anyone have a picture or can tell me how the washers in the goalie assembly are supposed to stack? This is how my goalie assembly looks, but the long metal bit leans very close to the white optos even when fully assembled. I'm wondering if the washers are just in the wrong order.

Edit: This is of course in the manual, I'm a dummy. Looks like someone put a bonus washer in mine because they lost an E-clip.

#1369 9 years ago
Quoted from dloe007:

Hey Everyone,
Thanks!

I have a used one that is in decent shape, PM me if you want it.

#1370 9 years ago

Finally fixed our WCS, first flipper coil was bad. Perplexed me and swapped some of the boards with JM and no worky. Ordered another coil and bingo. Mod time...

1 week later
#1371 9 years ago

Ok I think my WCS is at 99% and playable. The only issue is an F8 UL Flipper error at startup? Anyone dealt with that?

That said, I played around with the glass off...What sort of settings and adjustments do you guys do to keep the game challenging? I put up 1 bil without trying. I know that's not a HUGE score, but I felt like I didn't even try. I want to work for my points!

#1372 9 years ago

I set mine up steep 7+.

#1373 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I set mine up steep 7+.

Oh wow, duh...I forgot that I haven't leveled mine yet, haha. That will definitely play a pretty big role in difficulty.

#1374 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Ok I think my WCS is at 99% and playable. The only issue is an F8 UL Flipper error at startup? Anyone dealt with that?
That said, I played around with the glass off...What sort of settings and adjustments do you guys do to keep the game challenging? I put up 1 bil without trying. I know that's not a HUGE score, but I felt like I didn't even try. I want to work for my points!

Turn off automatic TV Award. It is a minor adjustment but a step in the right direction.

#1375 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Turn off automatic TV Award. It is a minor adjustment but a step in the right direction.

Will do.

Mind me asking, but what does that do?

#1376 9 years ago

TV Award will automatically be lit for ball one unless you turn it off. You should have to score four goals in order to achieve first TV Award. No big deal, but like I said a step in the right direction.

Quoted from nicoga3000:Will do.
Mind me asking, but what does that do?

#1377 9 years ago

A question as I'm putting my WCS back together: Is there a connector for the Goalie under the playfield? Mine was just spliced together--poorly.

#1378 9 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

A question as I'm putting my WCS back together: Is there a connector for the Goalie under the playfield? Mine was just spliced together--poorly.

Yes there is.

#1379 9 years ago

Awesome. Thank you!

#1380 9 years ago

Anyone ever have an issue with the goalie block registering randomly? I think my leaf is a too tight, but I wasn't sure if it could be anything else.

#1381 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone ever have an issue with the goalie block registering randomly? I think my leaf is a too tight, but I wasn't sure if it could be anything else.

Not really. Try adjusting the leaf first. Simplest thing to do.

#1382 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Not really. Try adjusting the leaf first. Simplest thing to do.

Alright, I'll start there. Hopefully that's all it is!

Oh another question....

The wire guard under the left flipper sticks out pretty far. A fast moving ball that hits it tends to pop up and smack the glass. Anyone else have this issue? I'm legitimately worried about the glass shattering with how fast the ball is moving.

#1383 9 years ago

Does it stick out far into the center drain or sticking up from the playfield far?

#1384 9 years ago

Hi ,
It's possible to make a modification (update) , a new code , on World Cup Soccer ?

# 20 USA 20M
# 19 Russie 20M
# 18 Corée du Sud 25M
# 17 Arabie Saoudite 30M
# 16 Maroc 35M
# 15 Autriche 40M
# 14 Canada 45M
# 13 Nigeria 50M
# 12 Colombie 55M
# 11 Cameroun 60M
# 10 Suède 65M
# 9 Australie 70M
# 8 Hollande 75M
# 7 Grande-Bretagne 80M
# 6 France 85M
# 5 Italie 90M
# 4 Argentine 95M
# 3 Espagne 100M
# 2 Brésil 150M
# 1 Allemagne 250M

#1385 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Does it stick out far into the center drain or sticking up from the playfield far?

Sticks out far into the center drain. From pictures I've seen, it's OK. But I've attached a picture of mine just in case (pre-cleaning, so ignore the rubbers and game looking icky). The sad face is where the ball hits and jumps up into the glass.

Wire.JPGWire.JPG

Quoted from Furro66:

Hi ,
It's possible to make a modification (update) , a new code , on World Cup Soccer ?
# 20 USA 20M
# 19 Russie 20M
# 18 Corée du Sud 25M
# 17 Arabie Saoudite 30M
# 16 Maroc 35M
# 15 Autriche 40M
# 14 Canada 45M
# 13 Nigeria 50M
# 12 Colombie 55M
# 11 Cameroun 60M
# 10 Suède 65M
# 9 Australie 70M
# 8 Hollande 75M
# 7 Grande-Bretagne 80M
# 6 France 85M
# 5 Italie 90M
# 4 Argentine 95M
# 3 Espagne 100M
# 2 Brésil 150M
# 1 Allemagne 250M

I was actually thinking about how fun it would be to able to update the code every couple of years to reflect the most recent World Cup. I'm guessing that would require a LOT of work, though...You'd have to re-write the code on a P-Roc system, no?

#1386 9 years ago

You might tone down your angle (or slope) a bit. I have mine medium high and the ball almost never hits the glass. Do it in increments so that you do not go too far.

#1387 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

You might tone down your angle (or slope) a bit. I have mine medium high and the ball almost never hits the glass. Do it in increments so that you do not go too far.

I like my 7.1-7.2 degree slope! But I wonder if I couldn't wrap something around that point of the wire to kill some of the momentum? I know it would look tacky as hell, but it may help the ball jumping up? I thought someone here said they keep their game around the 7.5 range...

#1388 9 years ago
Quoted from Furro66:

Hi ,
# 20 USA 20M
# 19 Russia 20M
# 18 South Korea 25M
# 17 Saudi Arabia 30M
# 16 Morocco 35M
# 15 Austria 40M
# 14 Canada 45M
# 13 Nigeria 50M
# 12 Colombia 55M
# 11 Cameroon 60M
# 10 Sweden 65M
# 9 Australia 70M
# 8 Holland 75M
# 7 Great Britain 80M
# 6 France 85M
# 5 Italy 90M
# 4 Argentina 95M
# 3 Spain 100M
# 2 Brazil 150M
# 1 Germany 250M

#1389 9 years ago

Have you tried just pulling up the wire a little bit?

#1390 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Have you tried just pulling up the wire a little bit?

No, I have not. I could give that a shot, too. That's a good point, though...

#1391 9 years ago

That is completely normal. Do not worry about it breaking the glass.

#1392 9 years ago

Mine smacks the glass too, no worries though. I have mine at a 6.5 degree slope.

#1393 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

My new soccer ball just came in...
How do I install this? Do I need to drill a hole in it?

I didn't drill a hole in mine....but save the screw for the future. Mine was such a tight fit on the mech that I thought creating a hole and adding the screw was unnecessary. Maybe in the future though...save the screw.

#1394 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Sticks out far into the center drain. From pictures I've seen, it's OK. But I've attached a picture of mine just in case (pre-cleaning, so ignore the rubbers and game looking icky). The sad face is where the ball hits and jumps up into the glass.

I was actually thinking about how fun it would be to able to update the code every couple of years to reflect the most recent World Cup. I'm guessing that would require a LOT of work, though...You'd have to re-write the code on a P-Roc system, no?

Wire.JPG 179 KB

Your flipper bat sizes are not correct in my estimation, or, you need to fix your flipper alignment drastically on the right side. Everyone needs to check their flipper bat alignments, please, that's a huge factor in game enjoyment...even more than angle IMO!

#1395 9 years ago

Hey guys -
Okay, need some help. Once I get my game (early 2015 some time), I'm going to be installing the proto/sample playfield.

Not worried about installation, but I can't seem to find a good picture of the left and right inlane inserts. I believe that the colors were changed, but want to verify --

Can anyone grab a pic, or tell me what colors those two inserts are?

Thanks!
-Mike

#1396 9 years ago

Hey WCS94 Crew... I just posted a question in Tech about a trough opto board problem I'm having. Take a look at the link if your interested and just a heads up to look at this board from time to time to save yourself a headache in the future.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs94-trough-opto-board-issue

#1397 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Your flipper bat sizes are not correct in my estimation, or, you need to fix your flipper alignment drastically on the right side. Everyone needs to check their flipper bat alignments, please, that's a huge factor in game enjoyment...even more than angle IMO!

As I stated, that's my old arrangement. I have brand new, correctly aligned flipper bats in mine.

Working on a new issue where the soccer ball won't spin. Nothing is wrong, but it just doesn't spin. I hate diagnosing games, ha.

#1398 9 years ago

does it spin in test? how do you know that nothing is wrong?

#1399 9 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

does it spin in test? how do you know that nothing is wrong?

It was spinning fine the other day, but now it stopped spinning. Checked it in test, hooked it up to a battery, checked wire continuity, checked the board...Nothing appears to be wrong. It doesn't look like it's getting power when it's supposed to, though. So I may just need to reflow the solder. Even though it LOOKS like the contact is good (and the continuity is OK), it could just be wonky.

#1400 9 years ago

Wonky? Please define wonky!

Again, does it run in test (both directions)? If so, then nothing is wrong with the motor/motor circuit, it has to be a switch or setting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,159.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.