(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 170.
#501 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I still have minor hope stern makes a new worldcup pin, brasil 2014.

probably not, considering the US doesn't care about the World Cup unless its in our country for the most part. But who knows, Stern is making a Mustang pin so anything can happen.

#502 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there is a word for that...

LOL!

Yeah -time for a major downsizing coming soon....

#503 10 years ago

I can make room for free storage of operational games

Or we can find a local place that wants to let us operate a few games and make a Madison destination...

#504 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can make room for free storage of operational games

Man we can call dibs on that now too?????? DDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Quoted from Whysnow:

Or we can find a local place that wants to let us operate a few games and make a Madison destination...

Are you offering to pimp Mark's games?

#505 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

probably not, considering the US doesn't care about the World Cup unless its in our country for the most part. But who knows, Stern is making a Mustang pin so anything can happen.

The tide is turning in the US as people get fed up with all the BS the major US sports deal with every year. With NBC landing the EPL you are alps seeing a lot more advertising dollars going to promote the sport. The US also had a great un in their last WC so interest will be there as well. I do hope Brazil doesn't end up being the mess it looks like it will be.

#506 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The tide is turning in the US as people get fed up with all the BS the major US sports deal with every year. With NBC landing the EPL you are alps seeing a lot more advertising dollars going to promote the sport. The US also had a great un in their last WC so interest will be there as well. I do hope Brazil doesn't end up being the mess it looks like it will be.

Yup, it is shocking how much the sport has grown here in the last 10 years.

#507 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

MLS has a foothold and the Men's National team becoming something other than an afterthought has helped a ton. Our draw in the WC is a tough one though so may not be a deep run that Klinsman is hoping for. We shall see. I have a game to watch in about 7 hrs so need to go get some sleep. GGMU!

#508 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I've been hearing that since I started playing soccer in the 70's. Love playing it, hate watching it. Just like tennis and golf.

Anybody picking up one of those $49 WCS94 balls? Curious as to quality.

#509 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I've been hearing that since I started playing soccer in the 70's. Love playing it, hate watching it. Just like tennis and golf.

I have one. It's way better than the one that came on the machine I bought...

#510 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Man we can call dibs on that now too?????? DDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Are you offering to pimp Mark's games?

sorry, you are too late on that dibs...

I would bet good money that you would come drop coins' in Marks game's slots if I did ;0

#511 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I am the opposite, never played but I love watching. I am one of those people that despised soccer for the better part of my life until I watched the 2006 WC because it was one of the few things you could get in HD back then (shallow I know) and I have been hooked ever since. Back then the MLS was terrible and I gravitated towards the EPL which I still watch, but the MLS has improved greatly in that time. I was at the Eastern Conference Final in KC a couple of weeks ago (18 degrees...brrrrrrr) and it was awesome! Looking forward to the final later today.

There will always be haters.

On topic, I am starting to miss my WCS94, but I don't think I want to get it again until my collection has grown some.

#512 10 years ago

Nothing as big of a waste of time as watching 90 minutes of a sport ending in a 0-0 tie.

#513 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My magna save will prevent SDTM's from happening but only on slow moving balls. If it's going fast don't waste your magna save on it.

On fast moving SDTM balls, the magnet will move the ball just enough to get a slap save in. But you have to work for it, it won't straight up save your ass but it'll give you a helping hand.

#514 10 years ago

Question about the assist(?) saucer next to the goal. On my friend's machine, the ball enjects and rolls into the goal. On my machine, the ball hops out of the sauce like it is being kicked. My friend looked at the papa video and said the WCS94 there worked like his machine. How is it supposed to work?

#515 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Question about the assist(?) saucer next to the goal. On my friend's machine, the ball enjects and rolls into the goal. On my machine, the ball hops out of the sauce like it is being kicked. My friend looked at the papa video and said the WCS94 there worked like his machine. How is it supposed to work?

My machine before Cliffy's : Powerful into the goal.
My machine after Cliffy's : Rolls into the goal.

#516 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

After rebuilding it definetly has more kick than before but nothing like yours.

#517 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Played 3 different WCS lately. One at epthegeeks, one at beardbro's house, and mine. Theirs roll up to the goal, mine hops. Same end result. Although mine seems to have worse wear in the goal where the ball hits.

#518 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

My machine before Cliffy's : Powerful into the goal.
My machine after Cliffy's : Rolls into the goal.

Iv got a hopper, and Cliffys are installed.

#519 10 years ago

Iv got a hopper, and Cliffys are installed.

Mine always rolled in... My damn cliffys are starting to lift too...

#520 10 years ago

Mrs. tamoore has never been much into the pinball thing.

I've tried to get her interested, but she really isn't that big into these things.

However, we had some friends over one weekend, and she took a liking to Batman Forever. She would actually go downstairs to play it when I wasn't around and she was bored.

This weekend I was downstairs watching football, and she decided to play some games of Batman Forever. It was experiencing some weird reset behaviors, so she decided she'd just give up.

Not wanting to kill her desire to play pinball, I showed her WCS94, and explained some of the basic stuff to her.

SHE LOVES IT! She told me she went downstairs to play on to different occasions already today.

Now she has two pinball machines that she really likes, but I'm afraid even once I sort out the issues with BF, it'll sit lonely when she decides to play.

#521 10 years ago

that is great stuff!

Having the wife involved is one of the things I love about pinball!

#522 10 years ago

My chick actually likes WCS. It has to do with "the cute little dog".

Backglass stays.

#523 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

My damn cliffys are starting to lift too...

Yeah, mine are doing that too. Dunno what to do about it. maybe some rubber cement? Does that damage anything?

#524 10 years ago

I had to take them off and back bend them by hand a bit and then put them back on. Seemed to work pretty well.

#525 10 years ago

Yeah, mine are doing that too. Dunno what to do about it. maybe some rubber cement? Does that damage anything?

That is a bad idea. Try an use an ultra thin adhesive like carpet tape.

Quoted from Gov:

I had to take them off and back bend them by hand a bit and then put them back on. Seemed to work pretty well.

This works for about a hundred games. Then they start to lift again. The cliffy hole protectors are garbage but they are the only thing available so it is what it is.

#526 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

That is a bad idea. Try an use an ultra thin adhesive like carpet tape.

This works for about a hundred games. Then they start to lift again. The cliffy hole protectors are garbage but they are the only thing available so it is what it is.

That is what everybody told me before I did it. They stayed flat on mine for at least 500 games after bending them and I know the guy that bought mine and he hasn't mentioned them lifting up again. I put a pretty good bend in them, almost a crease.

#527 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That is what everybody told me before I did it. They stayed flat on mine for at least 500 games after bending them and I know the guy that bought mine and he hasn't mentioned them lifting up again. I put a pretty good bend in them, almost a crease.

use 3m double sided tape like Pinrestore sells. Prep the areas with alcohol before application.

#528 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

use 3m double sided tape like Pinrestore sells. Prep the areas with alcohol before application.

I was saying I didn't need it as mine stayed down fine long after bending them. I don't think I was very clear in my response, sorry.

#529 10 years ago

Anybody have any suggestion for a preferred replacement/ new pinballs for use in a WCS?

1 week later
#531 10 years ago

Just added this World Cup flag soccer ball as a topper...

WCS Topper.jpgWCS Topper.jpg

#532 10 years ago

Lets talk spinning soccer ball. How much extra action does yours give the pinball? Personally, mine doesnt do much in my opinion. How about yours?

#533 10 years ago

Lets talk spinning soccer ball. How much extra action does yours give the pinball? Personally, mine doesnt do much in my opinion. How about yours?

Get a new one. The new one that has more grippy rubber throws the ball around really well.

#534 10 years ago

I agree with tamoore. When I bought mine back in May, the ball was "pretty new". Just played a few games and the ball stills plays nice! A hard shot from the left flipper into the ball will bounce off and hit the upper left of the goal. Plenty of kickbacks will hit the ball nicely and cause some sweet goals. Or I could get a pinball come softly from the middle of the field or the pop bumpers, bounce off the top of the soccer ball few times, and come out with TONS of spin that usually requires some finesse to get back under control.

Of course since I've got mine, I haven't been able to play very well on 3 others I have access to. Maybe I'll get some new rubbers.

#535 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Get a new one. The new one that has more grippy rubber throws the ball around really well.

My ball looks pretty new. Its still bright white. Maybe something else is wrong. The motor sounds like its spinning pretty strong. I dont know, I just dont feel like bounces off the spinning ball introduces much added momentum or changes in direction.

#536 10 years ago

After re-checking this out tonight. My ball spins counter-clockwise. From the action y'all seem to be getting it sounds like it SHOULD be clockwise?

#537 10 years ago

After re-checking this out tonight. My ball spins counter-clockwise. From the action y'all seem to be getting it sounds like it SHOULD be clockwise?

Mine will spin both ways.

Before I launch a ball (if I wait for a while), it'll go forwards, slow down, stop, and reverse.....

#538 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Before I launch a ball (if I wait for a while), it'll go forwards, slow down, stop, and reverse.....

mine definitely doesn't do this... maybe its a setting? Ill check it out when I get back for the holidays.

#539 10 years ago

mine definitely doesn't do this... maybe its a setting? Ill check it out when I get back for the holidays.

Mine was doing this earlier this week, but it's not doing it now... Sorry for the bad information... Not sure what's going on....

#540 10 years ago

I played this pinball @ Bumper Action amusements, I don't particulary like this machine, nor would I want to own it.
Soccer(or football as it is known outside the English speaking world) is taking over Down Under too.
The other forum members are right, I think Brazil 2014, is looking like a "fiasco grande".

#541 10 years ago

From Mr. Pinball today: World Cup Soccer, 1994 Bally: $3600.00

Now I love my WCS, but someone has been checking E-bay prices or something.

#542 10 years ago

LOL, now that is funny.

I guess it is supposedly HUO, but still seems crazy

#543 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

From Mr. Pinball today: World Cup Soccer, 1994 Bally: $3600.00
Now I love my WCS, but someone has been checking E-bay prices or something.

I should sell mine then... probably still too fun. No way this game is worth that...

2 weeks later
#544 10 years ago

This was a new one for me. Happened during multi ball.WCS.jpgWCS.jpg

#545 10 years ago

Got beat by Germany yesterday 5-3. that goalie was unbeatable!!

#546 10 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

This was a new one for me. Happened during multi ball.

WCS.jpg 49 KB

is your diverter not moving completely or just two lucky shots?

#547 10 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

This was a new one for me. Happened during multi ball.

WCS.jpg 49 KB

Have had that happen a couple times with one ball, but never had that happen to both at once!

#548 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Nothing as big of a waste of time as watching 90 minutes of a sport ending in a 0-0 tie.

Not if you appreciate how difficult it is to prevent the other team from scoring. Its a chess match. Not everyone enjoys chess.

Btw WCS94 is hands down the most underrated 90's era dmd game in my book.

#549 10 years ago

I get today a WCS94 and i am happy.

I hope someone can help me out with Scans or have a idea :

The both official 94 Stickers at the Cabinet Sides
Flag Decals for the ramps.##

++Thanks for your support++

hornisse

#550 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

is your diverter not moving completely or just two lucky shots?

It's working fine. I think one ball just rolled back and got stuck behind it. I kept playing the other two balls and couldn't figure out where it went. Then I shot a ball over the right ramp and it also got stuck.
It took me a little while to figure out how it got this way but that must be it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 29.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.