(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 170.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

This is often caused by the wire for the goalie "hit" switch not being properly seated within its guide as it goes down the back of the goalie. This allows the wire to become separated from the post that it rides down. The wire then trips the opto that indicates the end of the side-to-side goalie movement stroke and causes the motor to reverse prematurely. There are little raised dots that define the wire path in the moving post. Make sure your wire is seated in that vertical track.

Can I see if it is aligned correctly without disassembling anything? If so it looks to be aligned correctly. Waiting on parts to arrive before I start the complete shop out...

#252 10 years ago

Look down the back of the goalie as it moves side to side. If the wire separates from the moving post to hang down vertically, then you likely have the problem I described.

In sum, something is likely tripping the opto prematurely to tell the controller that the goalie is at the end of its travel.

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

Look down the back of the goalie as it moves side to side. If the wire separates from the moving post to hang down vertically, then you likely have the problem I described.
In sum, something is likely tripping the opto prematurely to tell the controller that the goalie is at the end of its travel.

Checked and the wire does not move when the goalie travels. Any other ideas?

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Checked and the wire does not move when the goalie travels. Any other ideas?

Same here, mine doesn't even go down there, it comes out well above the optos.

#255 10 years ago

I'd generally check out the optos. The optos control when the motor is told to reverse direction.

#256 10 years ago

So there is an oval hole that the cam rides in creating the side to side movement. The hole maybe worn out. I will take a picture of what I am talking about when I get home.

#257 10 years ago

Finally picked mine up. I know I started a thread on this, but since this is the WCS owners thread here is my LED conversion completed pic!

wcsbeforeafter.pngwcsbeforeafter.png

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

So there is an oval hole that the cam rides in creating the side to side movement. The hole maybe worn out. I will take a picture of what I am talking about when I get home.

Please do. This would help me tremendously.

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Finally picked mine up. I know I started a thread on this, but since this is the WCS owners thread here is my LED conversion completed pic!

Love the color scheme. Any way we can get a list of the colors you used? Also what are the spot lights for?

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Any way we can get a list of the colors you used

I'll second that request.

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Love the color scheme. Any way we can get a list of the colors you used? Also what are the spot lights for?

What do you mean what are they for? They are the reason the PF is bright and really playable. Is that what you were asking?

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

What do you mean what are they for? They are the reason the PF is bright and really playable. Is that what you were asking?

I meant what specifically are they lighting up? Do they have purple lights in them? That would make sense given the color of the pf in the pic...

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I meant what specifically are they lighting up? Do they have purple lights in them? That would make sense given the color of the pf in the pic...

oh, lol gotcha. Yeah, I always use purples and very rarely cool whites in the spots. The purples really bring out a lot of the colors well. Game is much less purple in person too

#264 10 years ago

Picked up my WCS last night! Great machine, I'm a big football (soccer) fan so unlike many it would appear, I actually love the theme! Can't wait to put a couple of high scores in!

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Picked up my WCS last night! Great machine, I'm a big football (soccer) fan so unlike many it would appear, I actually love the theme! Can't wait to put a couple of high scores in!

I am a huge soccer fan so the theme is perfect for this American

On a side note, I rebuilt my flippers yesterday and they feel great now, but it seems like the alignment hole on the right flipper makes it a bit low. Anybody else notice this?

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

The spot lights are a nice add-on but that purple washes out the art.

#267 10 years ago

Here is a picture of the back of the goalie. Noticed the slot the cam rides in and the correct spring. Don't notice how dirty my spare part is. image.jpegimage.jpeg

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

The spot lights are a nice add-on but that purple washes out the art.

Quite the opposite in person actually. I can actually see the art and colors now

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Here is a picture of the back of the goalie. Noticed the slot the cam rides in and the correct spring. Don't notice how dirty my spare part is.

I figured out my problem. I wire that goes to the switch on the goalie was getting caught on another wire underneath and it was plulling on the goalie wire keeping it from going its full motion. Since the goalie is mounted on a spring lever it was just pulling it back some. I reran the wire so that it doesn't bind and now I have full motion on my goalie! Now if I could just get my kickout cliffy's to stay down, they keep popping up from the playfield even though I really cleaned the area before putting them on.

#270 10 years ago

What would you trade a really nice WCS for?

I've recently posted mine up locally for a trade. The sports theme isn't my bag. Beautiful game, for sure.....but what would it take to get a WCS out of your collection?

#271 10 years ago

Honestly I think I would only trade mine for a game of a higher value that I really want and some cash on my end. Of the games that are of moderately equal value, I think WCS is a better game. I am a big race fan too and Indy 500 looks awesome, but I have never played one. If it were really good I might consider that.

#272 10 years ago

Nice...nice.

I'm more of a science fiction/movie pin theme kinda guy. Sports themes don't much interest me. I've got into the game a couple of times, but it doesn't quite click with me.

I keep thinking that I should keep it for collection diversity, but collection space keeps telling me to buy whacha like.

#273 10 years ago

If anyone in Michigan has one for sale at a reasonable price PM me.. Thanks in advance..

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Now if I could just get my kickout cliffy's to stay down, they keep popping up from the playfield even though I really cleaned the area before putting them on

This is also a common problem. Cliffy once suggested putting double-sided tape under the protector but I don't think it is wise. The Mantis circle hole protectors are a better fit.

#275 10 years ago

Mantis doesn't make them for WCS to my knowledge.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

This is also a common problem. Cliffy once suggested putting double-sided tape under the protector but I don't think it is wise. The Mantis circle hole protectors are a better fit.

The ones I just got from Cliffy already have the same tape as his switch protectors. Does he recommend something more than that stuff?
I too dislike taping stuff to my pf. I just put the switch protectors in without taping them down. Hopefully I can do that with kick out protectors...

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

The ones I just got from Cliffy already have the same tape as his switch protectors. Does he recommend something more than that stuff?
I too dislike taping stuff to my pf. I just put the switch protectors in without taping them down. Hopefully I can do that with kick out protectors...

I wouldn't bet on them staying down without some sort of adhesive. I used the tape supplied with my cliffys and that didn't hold them down. The inlane protectors and the TV and Striker holes are fine though.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I wouldn't bet on them staying down without some sort of adhesive. I used the tape supplied with my cliffys and that didn't hold them down. The inlane protectors and the TV and Striker holes are fine though.

Damn... That sucks. Really the only damage is to my kick outs...

#279 10 years ago

New to the group - have had my routed example back working for about two weeks now - just challenged Germany for the first time and lost 4-3 - very fun

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

Just an FYI...In my search for new parts for WCS, I found a company selling repro Soccer balls for the very reasonable price of $52.50 if anyone is looking for one. These are on Ebay now and then for more than double that price. Good luck, link below.
http://www.illinoispinball.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=97&products_id=4871

product not found

Quoted from Barrythick:

I got confirmation yesterday that Pinball Inc. has reproduction ramps scheduled to be done this year.
Still hopeing to hear something from CPR on a re-run of plastics, will post if I hear anything.

would love new ramps for my WCS... we had one on location here for a while and it did ok... may make a return

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Cliffy once suggested putting double-sided tape under the protector but I don't think it is wise.

Don't know about wise (I mean how much damage can double sided tape do), but it would have to be hella strong double sided tape to work. Used some double sided tape from work and it was no where near strong enough.

#282 10 years ago

maybe he should bend them slightly. Bend them downward from the mounting post just a bit and that would help them stay down. or i assume it should.

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

product not found

would love new ramps for my WCS... we had one on location here for a while and it did ok... may make a return

looks like no WCS products on site currently

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

If anyone in Michigan has one for sale at a reasonable price PM me.. Thanks in advance..

pmWolf has two for sale $1650 which needs work or $2400 for one that is plug and plug

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-world-cup-soccer-94-1650

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

product not found

They sold out pretty quickly after I posted the link. Just missed a decent used one on ebay that went for $5.00.

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

I've recently posted mine up locally for a trade. The sports theme isn't my bag. Beautiful game, for sure.....but what would it take to get a WCS out of your collection?

I think The Shadow would be a good trade, and is a great game too.

#287 10 years ago

Here is a thread from KLOV for a guy who is selling replacement balls. The last post says he is out now, but will get more. I saw his post after I had paid a fortune for one from Australia. It was expensive, but it is very nice and has a good grip to sling the ball around.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=278909&page=2

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

pmWolf has two for sale $1650 which needs work or $2400 for one that is plug and plug
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-world-cup-soccer-94-1650

When I contacted him a few weeks ago he wanted 1750 for that project one I believe. Ended up picking up a fully working one for less...

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

They sold out pretty quickly after I posted the link. Just missed a decent used one on ebay that went for $5.00.

Yeah thanks for posting it. Ordered it as soon as I saw you posted. Meant to get a second one but never got around to it. Oh well. By the time I need a new one I am sure more will have been made.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

dm or jm come to mind since you like scifi. i prefer dm over jm... very satisfying shots on dm.

#291 10 years ago

New Ball on ebay i'm sure it wont last

ebay.com link: itm

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Ebay link

Way more than at illinoise pinball... that sucks...

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Ebay link

For $125 I hope it lasts forever! Fuck that price! That's more than the soccer ball motor and gearbox sell for.

#294 10 years ago

IPB had them for $48 with blemishes and $52 without. It looks like they are out though. I bought one a month ago that looks great for $52. These other prices are crazy.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Don't know about wise (I mean how much damage can double sided tape do), but it would have to be hella strong double sided tape to work

The issue is that you are applying tape to an area that already has wear. You are going to pull up artwork. If you don't think see what happens to people who have mylar installed and are trying to remove it. You can use a stronger adhesive like carpet tape but you run into the same issue.

Quoted from Gov:

Mantis doesn't make them for WCS to my knowledge.

Mantis did sell them at one time. They still offer the hole protector for TOTAN which is the same fit for WCS.

Quoted from Syco54645:

Way more than at illinoise pinball... that sucks...

Gene has a ton of these Soccer Balls. Every time he comes to a show he has a couple dozen of them. They are not as good as the originals as the black lines wear off quicker but with nothing else available you take what you can get.

#296 10 years ago

Figured you folks might appreciate my "conversion" of WCS to an FC Barcelona pin...

wcsfcb.jpgwcsfcb.jpg

#297 10 years ago

You could have picked a good team

#298 10 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

I think The Shadow would be a good trade, and is a great game too

Quoted from Syco54645:

dm or jm come to mind since you like scifi. i prefer dm over jm... very satisfying shots on dm.

Yup, I would agree. Those would all be decent trades. Solid machines.

#299 10 years ago

As a "Die Mannschaft" fan, I like the fact that the final match is against Germany. Am I wrong to want to lose the final match? I love this pin, and I hope I can own one some day. Tor!

#300 10 years ago
Quoted from juster:

Figured you folks might appreciate my "conversion" of WCS to an FC Barcelona pin...

I love what you did here, but I personally think it would be better with a FC Bayern München theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.