(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,904 posts
  • 535 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Flynnyfalcon
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,447 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D7372B42-7995-4E43-93B4-274E4D493561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200707_015600 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200706_192738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200706_160418 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_131029 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130415 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130403 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130401 (resized).jpg
WCS F6 sm (resized).jpg
pinball cabinet (resized).jpeg
D3C7AF9D-7413-4F18-8AB3-BA3F2494B19D (resized).jpeg
C5992A00-798C-4606-8F7C-BB016865EF58 (resized).jpeg
D94BDEA1-33D9-4125-A1A6-BE767736DED9 (resized).jpeg
RzkN41B (resized).jpg
20200605_214333 (resized).jpg

There are 5904 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 119.
#451 6 years ago

I was just guessing that draining was how Germany scores.

Someone on here will know.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I was just guessing that draining was how Germany scores.
Someone on here will know.

Germany scores based on how hard you have the final draw setting. Easy 1-3 goals, medium 2-4 goals, hard 3-? goals. Supposed to be something like that anyway. I have mine on hard and Germany never scores over 5. Hard doesn't seem harder than medium on mine.

#453 6 years ago

goals are on a timer. simple as that.

#454 6 years ago

Gotcha. I know Germany scored 5 goals and I won at 6. SUPER cool. This is coming from a guy who has never experienced anything other than system 11s and below. Loved it.

#455 6 years ago

Thanks for explaining how Germany's goals worked. I couldn't tell if it was a timer, drained balls or a combination of both. I knew they were getting goals when it wasn't draining but I thought they were getting those goals and drains too.

#456 6 years ago

I guess knowing now that the cpu just gives them goals based upon settings, I don't like it. I would have preferred Germany only scoring goals based upon YOU draining. Seems more appropriate. With 5 ball multiball there surely will be drains.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

With 5 ball multiball there surely will be drains.

Unlimited balls for 45 seconds could = MANY drains. Would be an interesting way to do Germany's scoring though. Earlier in this thread I posted my best MVP goal score (probably under my old DEWSHO account) of 13 or 14. I got that by only using 2 balls and had perfect timing.

#458 6 years ago

Perhaps then what one should do to beat Germany is only shoot in one or two balls into the PF so as to be able to concentrate on just those balls instead of trying to focus on 5.

#459 6 years ago

Speaking of Germany, is there no Autokick during that mode? I kept having to pull the plunger to get more balls going.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Speaking of Germany, is there no Autokick during that mode? I kept having to pull the plunger to get more balls going.

No autokick in the game at all

#461 6 years ago

No autoplunger on WCS. It makes it that much more hectic, which is intended IMO. Beating Germany in the WC Final is one of the best feelings in pinball if you ask me

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

No autoplunger on WCS. It makes it that much more hectic, which is intended IMO. Beating Germany in the WC Final is one of the best feelings in pinball if you ask me

Yep, it kicked ass.

When the flippers went dead I was sure the pin was malfunctioning.

#463 6 years ago

Dang, that does make it super hard.

#464 6 years ago

That's what makes it fun. Was sad on Coast2Coast that Nate missed the strategy involved there.

And there is strategy, no doubt. My son tells me constantly, "Daddy, don't have more than 3 balls in play at a time!" He's only 8, but I think he's right! LOL

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yep, it kicked ass.
When the flippers went dead I was sure the pin was malfunctioning.

Flippers also go dead on SWEP1 and if I recall correctly, CV. It's kinda a JPop trademark.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Flippers also go dead on SWEP1 and if I recall correctly, CV. It's kinda a JPop trademark.

...and TOTAN too! You definitely see a lot of common features across JPOP games. Rollovers, Timed multi ball modes, ramps that have magnets that lead to a lock

Im sure there are more Im not even thinking of.

#467 6 years ago

Does anyone have an extra coin toss plastic? The game I have is missing it. I think Martin will make one and I can by the decal but if someone has a used for less that would be great. PM me.
Thank,
John

#468 6 years ago

...and TOTAN too! You definitely see a lot of common features across JPOP games. Rollovers, Timed multi ball modes, ramps that have magnets that lead to a lock
Im sure there are more Im not even thinking of.

Having to plunge to add balls during multi-ball.

Alternating ramp combos.

Real plungers and skill shots.

#469 6 years ago

Is the correct part for the plastic bit on each side of the goal A-18510? Mine are bashed in a bit and would like to replace them.

#470 6 years ago

Hello guys,

I picked up a really nice example of WCS and put it on location to join my other pins. It is doing really well! Today I was able to play some and actually beat Germany! FINALLY! Hope everyone had a great weekend!WCS.png

#471 6 years ago

It seems to me that Germany's goals are just timed.

#472 6 years ago

Game of my life last night...

Played Germany in the final wizard mode.. then again about 3 times in normal mode. It's like I couldn't drain a ball.

3 ball game, score of just a tad under 5 billion.

#473 6 years ago

Went to a pinsiders house the other day and played a couple of games of WCS. It was like playing a completely different game. Couldn't hit the Final Draw for anything! Was fun to see and feel all the differences.

#474 6 years ago

I have some news about the ramps I saw james from pinball inc @ SPF in Orlando Fl this past weekend I asked him when we may see the new ramps for WCS they had ran out of plastic and they have to make some ramps that are out of stock and with the holidays coming its going to be a few more months before they can get to WCS ramps but they are coming soon

#475 6 years ago

What is your magna-save like on the flipper. Does the ball snap right to it, or does it kinda spin around and maybe settle before the magnet stops?

#476 6 years ago

If anyone is ISO a NOS WCS pf then hit me up (is that enough abbreviations for you?). Cash is a bit tight right now going in to the holiday season and I would sell for what I paid ($700) plus shipping.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

What is your magna-save like on the flipper. Does the ball snap right to it, or does it kinda spin around and maybe settle before the magnet stops?

I've actually played around with this since buying one. Increased magnet time up to 180, ball completely stopped and held for a short time. Put it to 60 and it's almost like a Wolverine magnet depending on how far your trying to use the magnet from. Default 120 can be a mix of both. Sometimes it will still be spinning when the magnet cuts out and plops it down the middle. But most times it's enough time to get complete control. Saw my son hit the magna-save and flipper as the ball went past, pulled the ball up tight against the bottom of the flipper.

Overall I think the magna-save is underrated. I like using it to shoot for the final draw, striker's hideout, or even to stop a left ramp shot that relights goal.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Overall I think the magna-save is underrated. I like using it to shoot for the final draw, striker's hideout, or even to stop a left ramp shot that relights goal.

Interesting. I'll have to try that out for fun. I always forget the button is there!!

#479 6 years ago

Does anyone's magna-save actually stop SDTM drains? Mine sure doesn't...

#480 6 years ago

i became a wcs94 owner Saturday. Love it. One slingshot getting a little dead. Other than that...its all good.

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Does anyone's magna-save actually stop SDTM drains? Mine sure doesn't..

Nope, its more for getting control of balls.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Mine does, but only on a slow rolling ball that would go SDTM (say off a carom off one of the sides a third of the way up, or during multiball when two balls collide near the flippers).

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Mine either, which is why I wondered in another thread if it was possible to install a stronger magnet?

#484 6 years ago

Nope, its more for getting control of balls.

But the image is of a goalie. I think the intention was to stop sdtm but it didn't quite work out...

#485 6 years ago

shopping out a proto, thought I'd share

Pinball.jpg
#486 6 years ago

My magna save will prevent SDTM's from happening but only on slow moving balls. If it's going fast don't waste your magna save on it.

I've had Germany score 7 goals against me a few times but usually it's more like 4-5. I try to keep 2-3 balls in play and only plunge another ball into play when one drains.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I try to keep 2-3 balls in play and only plunge another ball into play when one drains.

I agree. When there are too many balls in play they just seem to get in the way of shooting at the goal. I got my highest score (12) in my first try because I didn't know I could plunge more balls.

#488 6 years ago

My DMD is going out - should I just replace it with a plasma replacement, or should I go with one of the alternatives like XPin or Signma? What color would look great in the machine?

#489 6 years ago

Might be easier to buy some lighting gels and hold then up over your current display and see what you like.

#490 6 years ago

Hold out and hope for a WCS updated Color DMD!

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

My DMD is going out - should I just replace it with a plasma replacement, or should I go with one of the alternatives like XPin or Signma? What color would look great in the machine?

Buy the SIGMA! It also does not pull off the often burnt section of the DMD driver board which is a good thing it seems

The colors are great. I personally think a blue or purple would look great! Also they have new code which has made the upscaling look even better!

I just got an email the other day saying that ColorDMDs will be back in stock sometime this week >> maybe thursday??

Perfect timing but they seem to sell out somewhat quick each time so make sure you are ready to buy when the on sale starts.

#492 6 years ago

Just thought I'd share that Marco Specialties has the WCS Soccer Ball in stock for $49.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6709

I've been looking to replace mine for quite a while but just couldn't find it anywhere, except for the ridiculously overpriced ones on ebay. Happy hunting!

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Mine does.

Quoted from waveman:

Just thought I'd share that Marco Specialties has the WCS Soccer Ball in stock for $49.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6709

It looks different than the original. The print doesn't go as far down.

#494 6 years ago

I still have minor hope stern makes a new worldcup pin, brasil 2014.

Would you guys like that?

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

You could just get a color DMD in your STTNG, then move the DMD over to WCS.

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

You could just get a color DMD in your STTNG, then move the DMD over to WCS.

I can't - STTNG won't be with me for much longer.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I can't - STTNG won't be with me for much longer.

#498 6 years ago

Well - I have to find somebody to take it first - will go up on the FT/FS block in Jan or so. Once I get organized....

#499 6 years ago

Well, that timing may just align for me... keep me in mind!

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Well, that timing may just align for me... keep me in mind!

there is a word for that...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Garden City, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 5904 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 119.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside