kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1713992383846 (resized).jpg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 844 of 943.
#42151 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

$360,000. Goldin auctions 2020.
There’s a segment on the Netflix documentary about Goldin and sports collectibles that shows some high end Pokémon cards getting listed for big $$$

Who the dumbell Frig would pay a full mortgage for a single Poketard?

#42152 5 months ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Zero interest if Robert Shaw’s Quint doesn’t say “Here’s to swimming with bow legged women” upon triggering a ball save.

Hope you're OK with soundalikes

#42153 5 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Who the dumbell Frig would pay a full mortgage for a single Poketard?

That’s exactly what i thought Rick! Apparently lots of people out there with more money than sense.

Put Logan Paul in that camp. Of course he made more on what got paid for the “views” in streaming himself opening up some original 1st edition box he paid a fortune for.

#42154 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s exactly what i thought Rick! Apparently lots of people out there with more money than sense.
Put Logan Paul in that camp. Of course he made more on what got paid for the “views” in streaming himself opening up some original 1st edition box he paid a fortune for.

I’m doing it wrong. Less sense=more cents. Genius.

#42155 5 months ago

If only Stern could get Paul to live stream a Pokémon pin. Stern would have to give up 50% of the company for the privilege.

IMG_0025 (resized).pngIMG_0025 (resized).png
#42156 5 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

IMG_6343.gifIMG_6343.gif
#42157 5 months ago

Back to reality.

JAWS! Let’s go

#42158 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Back to reality.
JAWS! Let’s go

20 days to possible reveal. Fuck Thanksgiving. Awww yeah.

#42159 5 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

20 days to possible reveal. Fuck Thanksgiving. Awww yeah.

Yellow barrels taken under the PF after Shark hits?

Maybe a shark tank under the PF like the bowling alley on Lebowski. Would Stern go that big?

Or more like the little Diver guy on James Bond under that scoop

#42160 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Or more like the little Diver guy on James Bond under that scoop

That was a little too cutsey "Oh you think bally is the only one who can holograph/light up stuff under the PF?".

#42161 5 months ago

How many will go for a LE on Jaws if it’s another Godzilla from Elwin?

#42162 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

I’m open to it. I like the theme much better than GZ

#42163 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m open to it. I like the theme much better than GZ

Me too. LE as long as value to cost is there. Without assets no sale. We’ll see.

#42164 5 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Hence the “no thanks” part.

#42165 5 months ago

I’ll go premium, I can’t justify LE and don’t see that changing.

I usually go for second best it’s where price and value hit the sweet spot in most things

#42166 5 months ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

I’ll go premium, I can’t justify LE and don’t see that changing.
I usually go for second best it’s where price and value hit the sweet spot in most things

I was premium guy with AC/DC. Then came TWD.

Still, like Rick said, need to see some “assets”.

JPLE was cheaper than the premiums these days.

Great game but with just Nedry in it! Like it better than GZ except the code.

We will see soon enough.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#42167 5 months ago

Which LE the first run or the year after an anniversary edition ?

#42168 5 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Which LE the first run or the year after an anniversary edition ?

Well. Now that you mention it. 2025 is the 50th anniversary of Jaws 1.

#42169 5 months ago

I’d like to think the Jaws release will be the 50th Anniversary edition, even though that’s in 2025.

#42170 5 months ago

Few distros said prem list for jaws is much longer then le.

#42171 5 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

8K by March.

#42172 5 months ago

I hope for movie assets.

I think the music can lend itself to the game better then Jurassic Park because of how well it was integrated to the movie action.

I believe a lot of that “soul” people say is missing from elwin games is just asset integration. Godzilla is pretty charming with the baby godzilla and the Mothra call out.

I finally got to play a more recent version of Bond in a not so loud environment and boy was it a lot more fun then the earlier games I played and that was largely just asset and theme integration.

we have emotional connections built to the assets already, being able to leverage that is huge.

#42173 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JP did just fine. A great pin is a great pin.
I also think you're underestimating the power of each Jaws LE coming with a lightly-used copy of the book!
[quoted image]

Jp did great because of the movies that came out in the 2015 and 2018. Jaw's last film was 2001 I think. Dinosaur theme is better than a shark theme.

#42174 5 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Jp did great because of the movies that came out in the 2015 and 2018. Jaw's last film was 2001 I think. Dinosaur theme is better than a shark theme.

Meh. I couldn't care less about any of the JP movies after the first one or two. The fact that there were mediocre movies recently may help with the location casuals, but I think owners are just impressed with the game itself. It's very well done (after a rough start). My second-favorite Elwin.

#42175 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. I couldn't care less about any of the JP movies after the first one or two. The fact that there were mediocre movies recently may help with the location casuals, but I think owners are just impressed with the game itself. It's very well done (after a rough start). My second-favorite Elwin.

mine too! IMDN is my first.

#42176 5 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

mine too! IMDN is my first.

Yeah, I like Maiden best, then JP Prem, then GZ, then AIQ.

#42177 5 months ago

I’d like to think the Jaws release will be the 50th Anniversary edition, even though that’s in 2025.

Nah, they gotta make 1000 LE's before that, then gear up for 500 of the 'Blood Red Shark' ed. in '25

#42178 5 months ago

Any thoughts on whether Jaws will be a studio title and not a cornerstone? So no pro at all? Heard that a while ago but not again since.

#42179 5 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Me too. LE as long as value to cost is there. Without assets no sale. We’ll see.

There MUST be assets !

Sel 1.gifSel 1.gif
#42180 5 months ago

Ooops,
Wrong thread

j1.gifj1.gif
#42181 5 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

There MUST be assets ![quoted image]

I see what you did there…

#42182 5 months ago

Monsters of Rock !

Happy Halloween.

Lets go Mr Gomez !

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#42183 5 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Funny I know 2 people on the LE wait list.

The flippers are probably gone though.

#42184 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:Funny I know 2 people on the LE wait list.
The flippers are probably gone though.

True. I'm debating LE list but hate to lose too much. I never look at this like I'll make money and ok with losing some. Just hate to have a game value decrease by like 2k or whatever...

#42185 5 months ago

Didnt Gomez say stern was only releasing 2 cornerstones in 2023? These would be Foo Fighters and Venom. Did I miss where they said a 3rd cornerstone would be released in 2023

#42186 5 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Didnt Gomez say stern was only releasing 2 cornerstones in 2023? These would be Foo Fighters and Venom. Did I miss where they said a 3rd cornerstone would be released in 2023

Probably the difference between announcing (late nov/dec 2023) and shipping (jan 2024) the next game.

#42187 5 months ago

that gotta be the worst time to announce a game. Most people are getting over the holidays and funds are scarce, I suspect the next cornerstone in Feb-March.

#42188 5 months ago

that gotta be the worst time to announce a game. Most people are getting over the holidays and funds are scarce, I suspect the next cornerstone in Feb-March.

Stranger Things says hello. Not the only one, but it was announced in Dec and shipped in Jan.

#42189 5 months ago

December is when they've announced many titles: STh, LZ, Rush, etc. I think Stern knows if pinheads want a machine, they'll sell their firstborn child to get it.

#42190 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stranger Things says hello. Not the only one, but it was announced in Dec and shipped in Jan.

I hate when I get beat by 50 seconds.

#42191 5 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

December is when they've announced many titles: STh, LZ, Rush, etc. I think Stern knows if pinheads want a machine, they'll sell their firstborn child to get it.

Not anymore Boobie.

Dec is also when Stern used to offer the $$$ grabs to Distros like EHOH 40th, which worked, and BOND60th, which didn’t.

I hear they have some kind of Super CE planned for Jaws? Who knows.

#42192 5 months ago

Anyone have advice on how to get on distributor wish list for Pokemon LE? I had a distributor for years who recently got out of selling Sterns and so I have lost my place on the imaginary list. My kids and I have played pokemon for years!! Thanks

#42193 5 months ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Anyone have advice on how to get on distributor wish list for Pokemon LE? I had a distributor for years who recently got out of selling Sterns and so I have lost my place on the imaginary list. My kids and I have played pokemon for years!! Thanks

Get on the 2 months later discount list. Call around

#42194 5 months ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Don’t need wishlists or interest lists anymore. You’ll be able to get one if it happens

#42195 5 months ago
Quoted from blastbeat:True. I'm debating LE list but hate to lose too much. I never look at this like I'll make money and ok with losing some. Just hate to have a game value decrease by like 2k or whatever...

Do it, you know you want to, and you will make $$$$ tomorrow.

#42196 5 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Except none of those were particularly popular.

#42197 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Except none of those were particularly popular.

Stranger Things is still EXTREMELY popular on location. The only reason the initial sales were cut short was because of the pandemic starting right as it started shipping, and the initial rough shape of the code. The fact that was getting 50%+ over MSRP used shows demand in the market for home users is still very strong.

#42198 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stranger Things is still EXTREMELY popular on location. The only reason the initial sales were cut short was because of the pandemic starting right as it started shipping, and the initial rough shape of the code. The fact that was getting 50%+ over MSRP used shows demand in the market for home users is still very strong.

But the fact remains 3 were initially not sold well and therefore December launches are questionable.

#42199 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But the fact remains 3 were initially not sold well and therefore December launches are questionable.

December launches just before a global pandemic are bad. I agree with that.

The other two, LZ famously sold lousy, but I think that was less to do with the timing than the game Stern delivered. RUSH I think did okay out of the gate, but I have no inside knowledge on that.

Also, the ONLY non-music Dec launch of those three is the one that did all right and is being vaulted now due to persistent demand.

#42200 5 months ago

Way too many distractions around Xmas. Over here it’s summer holidays - no one wants to preorder a $17-24k game when they’ve just spent a small fortune in Xmas presents and/or a family beach holiday or overseas trip. I know for fact it’s the worst time to sell a used game.

In the northern hemisphere I would think there’s also too much distraction in December and January. Not sure $10-13k Xmas gifts are on the cards for most people and the post Xmas hangover takes out most of January, but I could be wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 844 of 943.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/844 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.