(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,284 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1278 8 years ago

I joined the TSPP club a few weeks ago. Bought a HUO with 230 plays on it. Absolutely loving this game. I am considering installing a punching bag next to the cabinet though. I could have used it last night when I was a few thousand short of Grand Champion score. I've always heard that the pinball addiction can hit hard...and it has.

IMG_8771_(resized).jpgIMG_8771_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1301 7 years ago

So I just hit my highest score yet of 227,192,460. Played for about 45 minutes and triggered mystery spot, alien invasion and pretzel multiball all for the first time ever. It was insanity. I don't quite know what pretzel multiball is or how I even triggered it, but it was an adrenaline rush for sure.

Just thought I'd share my excitement.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#1383 7 years ago

For anyone who has the garage ramp cliffy protector installed.....do you find it much harder to make the garage shot to the upper play field? It seems that ever since I installed the protector, the ball bounces back out of the garage and straight down the middle about half the time. At this point I'm thinking about taking it out because it is really affecting the gameplay.

#1387 7 years ago

I'll have time tonight to take the upper playfield off and inspect but in the meantime, I slid the glass down and took this picture. It looks to me like the Cliffy is making the edge of the ramp sit too high. I'm guessing the balls are bouncing off the edge of the ramp back into the lower playfield.

1 week later
#1418 7 years ago

Mine also illuminates.

2 weeks later
#1477 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I'm missing the post on the left lane next to Cletus, below Comic Book Guy, to the left of the center post that holds the rail. Could anyone tell me what parts I need from Marco to replace it? I'm also missing the lock nut on the weldment next to the Moe's ramp. Highlighted in the image below, appreciate help identifying what I need to order. Thanks!

This is the post you need. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/550-5059-00
You'll also want a rubber ring for it. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-0316

Not sure on the size of the nylon nut you're missing but I'm pretty sure its the same size that's holding down Barts skateboard assembly. You could take one of those to any hardware store and match up the nut.

#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Thank you! Any idea on the screw size to hold that post in? It seems like the manuals don't go into that detail and I'm horrible at determining thread size.
As for that darn nylon lock nut, I bought 3 different sizes in my last Marco order, not one fits, all too big. It's like a much smaller thread than everything else. Figures. Good idea on the hardware store, I'll just buy one of each and stick the rest in part stock haha

Pretty sure the thread size is #6-32 based on the manual. You'd probably need a #6-32 x 1/4 inch, or maybe 3/8 inch.

If you go to Home Depot they have a setup in the nuts and bolts area where you can easily determine what thread size you need.

Screen_Shot_2016-07-08_at_10.22.00_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-07-08_at_10.22.00_AM_(resized).png

#1485 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

I've noticed that a lot of TSSPs have a black blob over Homer's hair. Mine luckily doesn't have that. I'm just wondering if this is a printing issue with most games or it's just a result of cleaning and waxing the playfield?
The manufacturing date on the back of my machine is August 9, 2007.

are you talking about the black rubber ring that keeps homers head connected to the post?

#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Sorry I wasn't specific enough. I'm talking about Homer's portrait on the playfield artwork (in the car). His stringy hair on most games that I've seen is just a tiny black blob.

ahhhh, interesting. I'll have to check when I get home now.

#1497 7 years ago

Damnit, I have the hair blob. That's all I'm going to be able to see now when I look at Homer...

2 months later
#1722 7 years ago

I thought I could get used to the ghosting after I installed my LEDs....but there's no looking past it. The LED OCD board is 110% worth buying.

2 months later
#1989 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Upgraded ROM to 5.0 and now balls loaded into the coach are not draining after the game ends. So if you have 2 balls in the coach at the end of a game, when you start a new game the 2 balls remain in the couch and it only takes 1 ball in the new game to start multiball. Is there a setting that controls this behavior? Thanks for any input! -- Craig

When upgrading ROM, the game resets to factory settings. You can adjust that feature in the feature adjustments menu. I think it's called "hold couch locks".

#1990 7 years ago

Can anyone give me some input on Mezel Mods KWIK-E-MART DECAL? I would like to purchase one but when I look at the picture they provide on their website, the decal looks low quality. Almost like it's filled in with a sharpie marker and hand cut with scissors.

I mean no disrespect to Mezel Mods. I have ordered other things from them and have been very satisfied. The picture of the decal just makes me wonder if thats a prototype or the final product I would receive.

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 10.33.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-11-11 at 10.33.43 AM (resized).png

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1992 7 years ago

Thanks Lermods. It looks great! Ordering now.

1 month later
#2144 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ill add ball screaming down ramp from upper playfield skipping off wireform and over the lane guides to the drain.

There is nothing more infuriating than this...

4 months later
#2470 6 years ago
Quoted from tampapinhead:

Hello I have TSPP game and need some help. My game randomly shuts off and starts searching for pinballs while playing. If it sits on and not in play its lights starts to flash and it makes a clicking noise. also running on 5.0 and color DMD and have several mods going too....Power Problem maybe?? Email me if you can help me here..Hope I posted this question correctly. And it makes sense as I am a novice. Jeff

When you say the game "shuts off", does it completely power down and reset, or does it just go into a ball search? Make sure all 5 balls are installed when you first power on the game. As for the lights flashing in attract mode, that's normal.

2 months later
#2628 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Put an OCD-LED board in my TSPP. Very dramatic difference. LOVE IT.
What about the GI though? How much would I benefit from that $50 GIzmo board they sell? Am I going to notice a big difference?

I don't think you would notice any difference with a gizmo in TSPP. I think the gizmo is for games where the GI dims.

2 weeks later
#2692 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

For those who have side decals inside the machine, how easy is it to install them? Do you need the lift the playfield completely out?

I've installed side art in 4 of my pins and didn't need to take the playfield out. Just take your time. I use padded clamps to position the art, then start from the back of the cab and make my way forward.

#2702 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

When I installed my LED OCD board on TSPP, is there really anything I need to configure on the software side?
It looked GREAT before I even hooked it up to my PC. Went in the software and selected the TSPP Profile, but it didn't seem to change anything.
Is there any further configuration that is necessary / recommended for TSPP with an LED OCD board?

I personally think it looks fantastic with just the default LEDOCD settings, so I left mine as is.

#2711 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So I just got a brief flash of treehouse of horror with Flanders in a devil costume. What does that mean??

Depending on your machines settings, it gives you a random award or starts a timed mode. You have to shoot the right ramp 5 times to light treehouse then shoot the left ramp to collect it.

2 months later
#3019 6 years ago

LED OCD all the way with this game. With all the fading effects this game does it's a must in my opinion. Color matched inserts from coin taker and all frosted whites for the GI. You won't be disappointed.

As for the itchy and scratchy episodes for Sparkys TV mod, I created a 21 minute long compilation of a bunch of episodes. PM me for info on that if you want.

1 month later
#3105 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Tore down the top, cleaned and added LEDs. I'm considering led ocd for this one. Any input on led ocd advantages on this particular game?

My game ghosted like crazy until I installed the LED OCD board. I highly recommend it. It really smooths out the fading effects and took away all my ghosting problems.

#3121 6 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Does your GI flicker at all when you use your Flippers? I put an LEDOCD board in mine which really helped the inserts but I did not use NG bulbs and my GI flickers when I activate my flippers.

My GI does dim a tiny bit when I hit the flippers but not enough to warrant tracking down a way to stop it from happening. I'm probably the only person that even notices it and I have to be actually looking closely to see it.

4 weeks later
#3248 6 years ago
Quoted from Mravic:

I have a LED OCD question: Has anybody tried the Gizmo board option? Happy with the results?
For those that went LED OCD, did you do much customizing or just standard settings?
I'm a new TSPP owner and the low blinking LEDs seems like it needs fixed. Thanks for any feedback!

I did not get the gizmo board. I did get the LED OCD board for my TSPP and it looks plenty good on just the default settings. No need to adjust in my opinion.

4 months later
#3478 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Strange thing happened on mine a couple of days ago. The "auto" ball save timer decided it would be auto off; meaning the ball saver stopped working all together on auto mode. It has been playing happy with this setting for months. Without any changes or strange events, it just stopped working. Anybody have this happen before? I changed the settings to a static time and it behaves as expected.

Are your batteries dead? I believe this game defaults to that setting if the batteries die or you update the code.

5 months later
#3776 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Crappy photo, but does anyone know the part number for the bracket that the two leg bolts screw into?
One of mine is stripped.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

I couldn't find it in the TSPP manual, but this will work. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9296

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.