(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 146.
#1701 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

One word of caution on leds and TSPP. I didnt like them until i got the LEDOCD add on board. That is definitely the way to go. Not all machines need the LEDOCD but with TSPP its 100% needed IMHO.

I agree 100% to this. I got my TSPP fully LEDd and I though it looked pretty bad. After added the LED OCD, it looks AMAZING!!!! If you're going to LED the machine, for the love of god, install the LED OCD!!!!

#1702 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Its good to know your limitations. Learn and ask questions without getting in the way or on the techs nerves. Esp while its under warrantee. No doubt the machine will need tweaks and fixes along the way after the warrantee period. You will learn by getting your feet wet and asking questions on pinside of course.
One word of caution on leds and TSPP. I didnt like them until i got the LEDOCD add on board. That is definitely the way to go. Not all machines need the LEDOCD but with TSPP its 100% needed IMHO.

For gi I have no issues running Comet leds. I am using incandescents for inserts.

#1703 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

For gi I have no issues running Comet leds.

GI isn't the issue. It's the fading effects on the inserts.

#1704 7 years ago

Yes. I edited right after posting but you beat me to it.

#1705 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Or, and I don't want to sound too crazy on this, LEAVE IN THE INCANDESCENT BULBS! They actually look good in this game.

#1706 7 years ago

Incandescent bulbs... eeew!

#1707 7 years ago

Ugh. I can't stand incandescent bulbs.

#1708 7 years ago

I had incandescents in my tspp for 12 years. Added LEDs and never looked back. I don't feel an OCD board is needed for my game.

#1709 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had incandescents in my tspp for 12 years. Added LEDs and never looked back. I don't feel an OCD board is needed for my game.

I would like to see one in a tspp so I can see what everyone is talking about. I changed mine over to LEDs too, and it looks fine to me. Maybe after seeing it in action it would seem worth it?

#1710 7 years ago

Another LED no OCD board guy here. I notice some faint ghosting but don't feel I need to buy the extra board. I love the LED look. Modern games modern bulbs.

#1711 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I would like to see one in a tspp so I can see what everyone is talking about. I changed mine over to LEDs too, and it looks fine to me. Maybe after seeing it in action it would seem worth it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tq&tu=timebandit#post-2734660

#1712 7 years ago

Thanks for that link, i hadn't seen that. So, it seems it is mostly beneficial to the attract mode. As much as I agree it looks better, I'm not sure I would spend the moola, as my games never really sit in attract mode.

#1713 7 years ago

Not just attract mode. Videos don't do it justice. If you see it in person you'll be blown away.

#1714 7 years ago

I have it on my LOTR and Baywatch and think it does a great job, but on tspp, not seeing a need for it.

#1715 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Or, and I don't want to sound too crazy on this, LEAVE IN THE INCANDESCENT BULBS! They actually look good in this game.

This is totally true for under the orange ramps. Of all my machines, the only incandescent bulbs that remain anywhere are the GI that can be seen through the TSPP ramps, and the red Ringwraith flasher in LOTR.

#1716 7 years ago

Who has put on the Kwik-E-Mart label? I had a hard time shelling out close to 20 bucks for this label so I printed this after adjusting for size, covered it with clear packaging tape (mylar will work) and attached it over the existing label using double-sided foam strip.

Kwik-E-Mart.jpgKwik-E-Mart.jpg

#1717 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

see below

Quoted from Lermods:

Look at the difference at 2min28secs, you will be convince. Trust me

#1718 7 years ago

It's definitely smoother and makes the lights look less neurotic, but on its own you can't tell so much. With LOTR, there was a lot of flickering and even minor ghosting despite using ng bulbs. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic product, but on tspp, I just don't feel it bothers me. Baywatch was a massive improvement, not only did it remove the harshness of the bulbs, which were almost blinding in some modes, it stopped the relay clicking in the backbox.

#1719 7 years ago

The problem with LEDs in games that weren't designed for them is that the bulb timing is off. In that example above, the attract mode had lights turning off and on, unlike an incandescent that has a slight fade up and down. Modern games that are timed for LEDs look fine. TSPP was timed for incandescents. In addition, the use of color where it doesn't belong may look good to you, but probably won't look good to some of us. Even Stern doesn't do that on new games. You can downvote me all you want but LEDs are an expensive choice that don't always help. I do use some LEDs in my games, but usually in non flashing spots or under pop bumper caps (for the lack of heat). I had to put them in my Doctor Who DMD panel because of adding a ColorDMD and the timing still bugs me. I guess I'm just a purist on this. And by the way, I did own an AC/DC Premium and LEDs worked amazingly in that game (as they do in all modern games).

#1720 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

In addition, the use of color where it doesn't belong may look good to you, but probably won't look good to some of us.

I will agree with you on this. I hate it when people color bomb the GI. Also don't like it when they "color match" the inserts. The insert is already colored. They were designed with a white bulb under it in mind. No need to saturate the shit out of it.

#1721 7 years ago

If you haven't seen the LED OCD on TSPP in person, it's hard to really talk about it. It really does rock on this game. I'm a cheap ass when it comes to mods, but I'm very happy I bought it for TSPP. Yes, the flickering is most notable in attract mode. I can't stand looking at a TSPP with LEDs in attract mode. Makes my brain hurt. Unless you have an LED OCD....

#1722 7 years ago

I thought I could get used to the ghosting after I installed my LEDs....but there's no looking past it. The LED OCD board is 110% worth buying.

#1723 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Who has put on the Kwik-E-Mart label? I had a hard time shelling out close to 20 bucks for this label so I printed this after adjusting for size, covered it with clear packaging tape (mylar will work) and attached it over the existing label using double-sided foam strip.

We have those decals in stock there $10 shipped, who is selling them for $20.

simpdecal (resized).jpgsimpdecal (resized).jpg

#1725 7 years ago

At 10 bucks I would definitely get it. I saw them on eBay for 15 plus shipping. That was a while back.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1726 7 years ago

Has anyone installed the Gizmo form LEDOCD in their TSPP?

#1727 7 years ago

There was a big discussion in this same thread over the last few days.

#1728 7 years ago

I re-read through the last pages and have ordered the LED OCD board. I just picked up a pretty nice TSPP and thus far have installed the nuke side rails and beer can mod. On the way I have a bunch more goodies for it. My wife has commented she didn't realize there would be so many extra purchases *after* the purchase of the machine. At least she also likes pinball.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1729 7 years ago

I love this game, but I'm soon leaving the club (curse of the small collection). what I really need is more space!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-simpsons-pinball-party-stern-2003-2048

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1730 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I re-read through the last pages and have ordered the LED OCD board. I just picked up a pretty nice TSPP and thus far have installed the nuke side rails and beer can mod. On the way I have a bunch more goodies for it. My wife has commented she didn't realize there would be so many extra purchases *after* the purchase of the machine. At least she also likes pinball.

Nice looking BTTF! Let me know if you ever want to sell that puppy! .. also interested to hear your results with LEDOCD. I have them on my TODO list soon...

#1731 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Has anyone installed the Gizmo form LEDOCD in their TSPP?

Just realized LEDOCD has a new "Gizmo" offering for GI lighting. Not exactly clear what this would do on TSPP? The GI lighting for TSPP is either on or off, no?

#1732 7 years ago

Finished adding toys to my game this weekend, I think it came out nice. Chiming in on some things I have been reading: I have the LEDOCD and I would say I hated the lighting before I added it. The fade smoothing is very important to me. I do not have the GI board and in my opinion I do not think it needs it. The GI is on or off as best as i can tell. I also added the Kwik-e-mart sign but I made one that more resembled the sign in the show that looks more hand drawn, I liked it better than what was offered out there at the time.

2016-09-04 00.09.17 (resized).jpg2016-09-04 00.09.17 (resized).jpg

2016-09-04 00.09.34 (resized).jpg2016-09-04 00.09.34 (resized).jpg

#1733 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Finished adding toys to my game this weekend.

I love the rule set cards. Where can I find those?

#1734 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I love the rule set cards. Where can I find those?

www.pinballcards.com

#1735 7 years ago

I did mine 100% in LED, flashers and all. White Comet supreme faceted for GI, color matched inserts except white under the yellows. 2.5W COB flashers keep us partially blinded at all times. I really felt LED was a mistake until I threw an OCD board in. The difference was unreal; instead of inducing epileptic seizures, the light show became fascinating to watch. Guests are always floored at how bright and colorful the game is now. That said, it's virtually unplayable on a couple hits of acid at this point.

#1736 7 years ago

Where did you get the scenery for the sides?

#1737 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Guests are always floored at how bright and colorful the game is now. That said, it's virtually unplayable on a couple hits of acid at this point.

If you think that's bright, you should check out GoT Premium/LE. That game will burn out your retinas!!!

#1738 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Where did you get the scenery for the sides?

They were applied before I got it, but they came from here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-custom-side-board-decals/page/8

#1739 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Finished adding toys to my game this weekend, I think it came out nice. Chiming in on some things I have been reading: I have the LEDOCD and I would say I hated the lighting before I added it. The fade smoothing is very important to me. I do not have the GI board and in my opinion I do not think it needs it. The GI is on or off as best as i can tell. I also added the Kwik-e-mart sign but I made one that more resembled the sign in the show that looks more hand drawn, I liked it better than what was offered out there at the time.

It is odd not seeing the rotating glowing homer head. As much as I would also like to see more of my toy bar mod, really throws the game off without homer's big head. I think we all find different things more or less important than others.

#1740 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Looks good! You are making the game a bit more difficult with your lower flippers in the up position like that (unless you find TSPP too easy, LOL). The tips should be lined up with the holes in the playfield on Stern games.

#1741 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

It is odd not seeing the rotating glowing homer head. As much as I would also like to see more of my toy bar mod, really throws the game off without homer's big head. I think we all find different things more or less important than others.

When I got this table I didn't think twice about Homers head. I liked it... Over time for some reason I just grew to want something that felt more cohesive with he other playfield toys. I certainly have nothing against the Homer head.

-Jim

#1742 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Looks good! You are making the game a bit more difficult with your lower flippers in the up position like that (unless you find TSPP too easy, LOL). The tips should be lined up with the holes in the playfield on Stern games.

to easy...HA! that is certainly not the case, I will look at this for sure, thanks

-Jim

#1743 7 years ago

Well, I sent a pm to the guy, but no response as of yet...

#1744 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Well, I sent a pm to the guy, but no response as of yet...

He's not on Pinside as often as some of us but rest easy, he'll take care of you. His decals are really nice and I think the only ones out there right now.

Now we just need somebody to crank out a magnetic apron cover.

#1745 7 years ago

Just donated for the stickers. Looking forward to installing.

#1746 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

He's not on Pinside as often as some of us but rest easy, he'll take care of you. His decals are really nice and I think the only ones out there right now.
Now we just need somebody to crank out a magnetic apron cover.

There are another set out there, but I won't link to them because they are WAY overpriced and the artwork isn't as good. SillyOldElf is a good guy! They look great!

#1747 7 years ago

Tonight's project, to make the backbox less boring.

#1748 7 years ago

Looks better when not playing. Even better when playing. It's nice, but for the money I should have gone for the color dmd instead.

https://www.superfluxshop.de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=152&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=623&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64

#1749 7 years ago

What was it you installed? Anti glare back box?

#1750 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

What was it you installed? Anti glare back box?

Looks like the led light board to replace the flourescent light

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 45.95
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.