Topic Stats

• 5,205 posts
  • 523 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by davidlldennis
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200803_172731 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200803_172719 (resized).jpg
61748168017__70815519-6ACF-4B73-BECF-7DC1FEA0408B (resized).jpeg
A0D68876-1930-4073-9648-8863380838AC (resized).jpeg
ACA2DF20-D27C-42C8-B9FD-A5B6E1DB6D2C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200724_213531985 (resized).jpg
TSPPpin (resized).png
1DAD4D72-F2CE-49B6-A19F-D22A77DB4FE5 (resized).jpeg
3D10FBF1-4CD4-41CE-931C-F093D5A2C5D6 (resized).jpeg
3741CF5C-6136-4A22-8DA0-34448314306C (resized).jpeg
552DF7F9-C717-4A90-89AE-C350720A64D5 (resized).jpeg
A2229329-7606-4258-B5D2-B2AAA1BE5DBB (resized).jpeg
4A3E60C9-A32C-4416-BB5D-5E7DB2583194 (resized).jpeg
46AC71E6-1F8E-4525-9767-D7CB850C05AD (resized).jpeg
57A30AF3-F6B1-450B-8770-128ED0B91B71 (resized).jpeg
1B9CB73B-9B7C-4BE3-BD05-618B7699F20F (resized).jpeg

There are 5205 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 105.
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

He does bring up a good point with regard to replacement plastics. Pinball rescue doesn't have them yet. I am hoping they start soon.

Unfortunately due to the licensing, I doubt you'll see any above ground. Hopefully anyone making them on the sly will also troll these threads for buyers rather than post them up somewhere where they might incur Fox or Stern's wrath.

I for one would really like a magnetic apron cover that matches the machine's art as seen in other threads here but know they'll have to make them available quietly. There's a reason the only blades out there are from a location out of the lawyer's reach.

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Unfortunately due to the licensing, I doubt you'll see any above ground. Hopefully anyone making them on the sly will also troll these threads for buyers rather than post them up somewhere where they might incur Fox or Stern's wrath.
I for one would really like a magnetic apron cover that matches the machine's art as seen in other threads here but know they'll have to make them available quietly. There's a reason the only blades out there are from a location out of the lawyer's reach.

This is a big problem with licensed games. There needs to be a better agreement regarding spares I think when obtaining licences.

#1453 4 years ago

Didn't know this. I would love to get some blades for mine... Hint hint

#1454 4 years ago

I have several TSPP mods I need to move to a new owner, Mr Burns shooter rod, Scratchy figure with hammer, Interactive Moes tavern with Duffman mod, Moe with beer glass, Krusty figure w/ accessories

$150 shipped

IMG_3601_(resized).jpg

#1455 4 years ago

I put the TV in my game and of course, it works perfectly, and I think it's pretty cool. The first time I got multiball after the install, the game rebooted. Obviously, with the TV and some other mods, the 5 volts must be low, and sure enough it was down to 4.65 volts at the roms on the cpu board. So I raise the voltage up to just a hair over 5, and no problems since.

So, my question is, am I stressing the power supply too much by doing this? Should I consider an auxiliary supply?

#1456 4 years ago

I would think that the power supply has ample reserve.

#1457 4 years ago

Hey guys!! Anybody have an extra one of these?? Mine chipped and don't want to purchase a whole new plastic set.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

I put the TV in my game and of course, it works perfectly, and I think it's pretty cool. The first time I got multiball after the install, the game rebooted. Obviously, with the TV and some other mods, the 5 volts must be low, and sure enough it was down to 4.65 volts at the roms on the cpu board. So I raise the voltage up to just a hair over 5, and no problems since.
So, my question is, am I stressing the power supply too much by doing this? Should I consider an auxiliary supply?

What other mods are you running? Are you running them all from the aux plug by the service box? I'm running ColorDMD, Flipper button light-up, speaker light up, and Flipper Fidelity enhanced backbox leds from the aux plug, but I'm running the tv from a DK Pinball power tap at the driver board.

#1459 4 years ago

I'm a proud owner of a TSPP since yesterday. But i have (a little) problem with it. Sometimes when a shoot the garage, the machine is putting balls in the shooter lane without shooting them. And this happen when a don't start a mode Any suggestions?

#1460 4 years ago

What happens to the ball in the garage? Does it get sent to the upper pf, or does it just sit there? Is the game going through a ball search? Do you have the right number of balls in the game, 5.

#1461 4 years ago

It's holding the ball for a short moment before it goes to the upper playfield, but no ball search. There are 5 balls installed.

#1462 4 years ago

Just tested some more. As long as the ball is in the upper left VUK, it's putting balls in the shooterlane. At the moment when the ball is shot in the livingroom, it stops.

#1463 4 years ago

I don't have a switch matrix in front of me, but I would see what number switch the vuk is and then see if it is on the same row or column as one of the trough optos. Sounds like a trough opto is being triggered by the vuk switch. That would be a playfield wiring issue.

#1464 4 years ago

If i see it right, there not in the same row or column.

20160704_204021_(resized).jpg

#1465 4 years ago

Row 7 has 5-ball stacking opto (15) and upper left vuk (55), which is the one I think you are referring to. Go into switch test mode and activate the vuk switch if you can access it and see if anything else registers.

#1466 4 years ago

If i test the upper left vuk switch, the 5 ball stacking opto wil register also. I can't see anaything strange with the cables. And if i test the 5 ball stacking opto the left vuk does not register.

#1467 4 years ago

You need to check your wiring, something is not right. Maybe a bad diode?

#1468 4 years ago

I found the problem. It was a bad connector on the optoboard. Fixed it!

20160704_192438_(resized).jpg

20160704_192424_(resized).jpg

#1469 4 years ago

And one in the dark

20160705_224631_(resized).jpg

#1470 4 years ago

I just received a set of plastic protectors from Indypinhead.
Shipped next day, received in 3. Great communication. Packaged well and they look great. I can now play with no worries of breaking unobatanium. I'm very happy. Buy with confidence

#1471 4 years ago

The tri-foil lighting on the speakers is pretty cool, hadn't seen that before, Zymotic.

#1472 4 years ago

I'm missing the post on the left lane next to Cletus, below Comic Book Guy, to the left of the center post that holds the rail. Could anyone tell me what parts I need from Marco to replace it? I'm also missing the lock nut on the weldment next to the Moe's ramp. Highlighted in the image below, appreciate help identifying what I need to order. Thanks!

test.jpg

#1473 4 years ago

Happy to be in the club. I always wanted one, because it's hands-down one of my all-time favorite pinball machines. I'm personally a fan of deep, complex games and Keith Johnson has been responsible for many of those.

Enough replay value to always keep you entertained, in my opinion. A "keeper" in my book.

(My apologies if the pictures aren't of the best quality...)

20160707_093651_(resized).jpg

20160707_093659_(resized).jpg

20160707_093708_(resized).jpg

20160707_093632_(resized).jpg

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What other mods are you running?

I have the Pinballbulbs LED kit, which includes light strips and extra spots, the dimming LED insert for the backbox, LEDOCD, and ColorDMD. Most are connected up front.

#1475 4 years ago

I installed a Cliffy kit minus the Itchy and Scratchy hole. What do you guys recommend for that one? The plastic or all steel protector?

#1476 4 years ago

There was a good amount of black soot on the playfield and I figured out that it is mainly coming from the flipper stops. I bought all new plungers and stops from Pinball Life. The old stops were covered in black. The new ones look like they are made differently and hopefully won't have this issue. I did this about two months ago, and the playfield is still clean.

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I'm missing the post on the left lane next to Cletus, below Comic Book Guy, to the left of the center post that holds the rail. Could anyone tell me what parts I need from Marco to replace it? I'm also missing the lock nut on the weldment next to the Moe's ramp. Highlighted in the image below, appreciate help identifying what I need to order. Thanks!

This is the post you need. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/550-5059-00
You'll also want a rubber ring for it. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-0316

Not sure on the size of the nylon nut you're missing but I'm pretty sure its the same size that's holding down Barts skateboard assembly. You could take one of those to any hardware store and match up the nut.

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I installed a Cliffy kit minus the Itchy and Scratchy hole. What do you guys recommend for that one? The plastic or all steel protector?

I have the plastic. You can hardly tell it's there, so if your playfield is nice, you can still see that it's nice. If it's blown out, the metal will cover it.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

I have the Pinballbulbs LED kit, which includes light strips and extra spots, the dimming LED insert for the backbox, LEDOCD, and ColorDMD. Most are connected up front.

I would recommend you not run the tv on the same source as the dimming LED insert for the backbox. That has caused problems for the display on a couple of games (not TSPP, but still).

#1480 4 years ago

Hm...thanks for that. Back to work.

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

This is the post you need. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/550-5059-00
You'll also want a rubber ring for it. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-0316
Not sure on the size of the nylon nut you're missing but I'm pretty sure its the same size that's holding down Barts skateboard assembly. You could take one of those to any hardware store and match up the nut.

Thank you! Any idea on the screw size to hold that post in? It seems like the manuals don't go into that detail and I'm horrible at determining thread size.

As for that darn nylon lock nut, I bought 3 different sizes in my last Marco order, not one fits, all too big. It's like a much smaller thread than everything else. Figures. Good idea on the hardware store, I'll just buy one of each and stick the rest in part stock haha

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Happy to be in the club. I always wanted one, because it's hands-down one of my all-time favorite pinball machines. I'm personally a fan of deep, complex games and Keith Johnson has been responsible for many of those.
Enough replay value to always keep you entertained, in my opinion. A "keeper" in my book.
(My apologies if the pictures aren't of the best quality...)

Congrats on your TSPP! I'm a fan of this game in original incandescent. I agree with you, I think TSPP has a very special rule set that very few games can match. A lot of production value and character in this game.

#1483 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Thank you! Any idea on the screw size to hold that post in? It seems like the manuals don't go into that detail and I'm horrible at determining thread size.
As for that darn nylon lock nut, I bought 3 different sizes in my last Marco order, not one fits, all too big. It's like a much smaller thread than everything else. Figures. Good idea on the hardware store, I'll just buy one of each and stick the rest in part stock haha

Pretty sure the thread size is #6-32 based on the manual. You'd probably need a #6-32 x 1/4 inch, or maybe 3/8 inch.

If you go to Home Depot they have a setup in the nuts and bolts area where you can easily determine what thread size you need.

Screen_Shot_2016-07-08_at_10.22.00_AM_(resized).png

#1484 4 years ago

I've noticed that a lot of TSSPs have a black blob over Homer's hair. Mine luckily doesn't have that. I'm just wondering if this is a printing issue with most games or it's just a result of cleaning and waxing the playfield?

The manufacturing date on the back of my machine is August 9, 2007.

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

I've noticed that a lot of TSSPs have a black blob over Homer's hair. Mine luckily doesn't have that. I'm just wondering if this is a printing issue with most games or it's just a result of cleaning and waxing the playfield?
The manufacturing date on the back of my machine is August 9, 2007.

are you talking about the black rubber ring that keeps homers head connected to the post?

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

are you talking about the black rubber ring that keeps homers head connected to the post?

Sorry I wasn't specific enough. I'm talking about Homer's portrait on the playfield artwork (in the car). His stringy hair on most games that I've seen is just a tiny black blob.

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Sorry I wasn't specific enough. I'm talking about Homer's portrait on the playfield artwork (in the car). His stringy hair on most games that I've seen is just a tiny black blob.

ahhhh, interesting. I'll have to check when I get home now.

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

I know exactly what you're talking about. I've tried cleaning that off so many times lol.

#1489 4 years ago

Here's mine:

1468010602775441575239_(resized).jpg

#1490 4 years ago

And mine. Blob. STERN OWES ME A NEW PLAYFIELD!

image_(resized).jpg

#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

And mine. Blob.

I'm afraid to look.

Edit: Ugh, blob. Damn you pinside, I never would have seen this!

#1492 4 years ago

So then this must be some printing error? LOTR also had the color registration issues on the playfield.

#1493 4 years ago

This has come up before. The playfield blotch on Homer's head indicates an early run of the machine.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-price-check-and-things-to-look-for#post-363552
Here is a list showing at least half of the total run of TSPP occurred that first year of production.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-playfield-issues#post-335204

#1494 4 years ago

Mine is March 2003

20160708_184603_(resized).jpg

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have the plastic. You can hardly tell it's there, so if your playfield is nice, you can still see that it's nice. If it's blown out, the metal will cover it.

Is this still available? Where'd you get yours from? I have yet to install one... Hole is still in good shape so far, though.

#1496 4 years ago

Totally guessing, but I assume they corrected Homer's hair when they corrected the car color? (Red car with hair blob here. THAT I HAD NEVER NOTICED BEFORE THANKS A LOT GUYS.)

Quoted from multibrawlr:

Is this still available? Where'd you get yours from? I have yet to install one... Hole is still in good shape so far, though.

Pinbits.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_19

Though Cliffy occasionally sells them as well - I grabbed one from him with a set of ramp protectors.

#1497 4 years ago

Damnit, I have the hair blob. That's all I'm going to be able to see now when I look at Homer...

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Pretty sure the thread size is #6-32 based on the manual. You'd probably need a #6-32 x 1/4 inch, or maybe 3/8 inch.
If you go to Home Depot they have a setup in the nuts and bolts area where you can easily determine what thread size you need.

Thanks Jakers, and I think it's just a machine screew that runs down the center of those plastic posts, probably a possible HD item too.

Also now I have to check my playfield for homer hair black blob. Damn it. Haha

#1499 4 years ago

Homer blob here too. Oh well. Still one of the best games stern has ever made.

#1500 4 years ago

I have the blob too. It's honestly not a big deal since I've had the machine for 8 months and never noticed it. Mine is a 2004 run with the pink car. Still my favorite game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 5205 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 105.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside