(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 146.
#1351 7 years ago

How does everyone have their feature adjustments set up?

#1352 7 years ago

Looking for a homer head if anyone has one for a decent price...

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Looking for a homer head if anyone has one for a decent price...

Believe it or not BAA has one in stock
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=baa&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-TSPP880-5057

#1354 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Two Questions:
Is there a deal with artwork or otherwise to cover bad start button wear on TSPP?

Cover the wear & protect from further wear with nuclear side rails. They look awesome on TSPP.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2519

I believe PBL only has a few left.

#1355 7 years ago

how do side rails protect the start button?

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

how do side rails protect the start button?

Doh! My eyes read "start button", my brain registered "flipper button." Nevermind, carryon...

#1357 7 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

How does everyone have their feature adjustments set up?

Factory settings like all my games.

#1358 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Doh! My eyes read "start button", my brain registered "flipper button." Nevermind, carryon...

Yeah I already have a set of the lollipop rails. The regular ones as the nuke ones are stupid.

I'm pretty surprised nobody has come up with an overlay of some sort for the start button area considering the popularity of the game and prevalence of wear there.

So somebody...get on that please.

#1359 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I already have a set of the lollipop rails. The regular ones as the nuke ones are stupid.
I'm pretty surprised nobody has come up with an overlay of some sort for the start button area considering the popularity of the game and prevalence of wear there.
So somebody...get on that please.

LMAO! To each their own...I love mine.

IMG_20150427_125032_390_(resized).jpgIMG_20150427_125032_390_(resized).jpg

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LMAO! To each their own...I love mine.

Love mine as well!

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Love mine as well!

Love mine, too! Especially with color-changing flipper buttons!

#1363 7 years ago

Yes, we all love our mods and some of us have pictures of our games with the mods.

But back on topic...no fix for the start button wear? Maybe a donut mod? Like a big rubber donut with flashing lights on it that covers the start button wear? That would be cool!

#1364 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, we all love our mods and some of us have pictures of our games with the mods.
But back on topic...no fix for the start button wear? Maybe a donut mod? Like a big rubber donut with flashing lights on it that covers the start button wear? That would be cool!

Someone is wearing his cranky pants today, huh?

#1365 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Someone is wearing his cranky pants today, huh?

What do you expect on a post-vacation Tuesday?!

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do you expect on a post-vacation Tuesday?!

Fair enough.

#1367 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But back on topic...

I could have sworn this was the TSPP Owners thread!

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

lollipop rails... the nuke ones are stupid.

I respectfully disagree. (Like others have also.) That's why God made opinions.

#1369 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But back on topic...no fix for the start button wear? Maybe a donut mod? Like a big rubber donut with flashing lights on it that covers the start button wear?

Here's a crappy cell phone shot of mine. It already has Mylar on it so maybe not ideal since the colors shift a touch. Not really into pulling it off and ripping anything up. I have a 5d and tripod and could give you a super sharp photo of it that you could print on vinyl and cut out. Let me know. Or maybe somebody that has a nice virgin one without Mylar could do the same and do a small run on matte vinyl with a die cut if enough people are interested. I know it's a pretty common issue.

Hmmm... maybe the Mylar doesn't make much of a difference, it's not like I'm gonna get a 100% perfect match anyways. Let me price this out and I'll step up if I can. Perhaps it's about time I went straight and become a useful member of society. Stay tuned.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1370 7 years ago

Yeah looks like the Mylar desaturates the Reds. Bummer.

#1371 7 years ago

I'll try to borrow a decent DSLR & glass (70mm macro maybe?) and see what I can do. I haven't worked with any local vinyl shops but I've been meaning to find a good one. In the meantime a good RAW file might get the party started. This is what I'm starting with:

WP_20160601_003_(resized).jpgWP_20160601_003_(resized).jpg

#1372 7 years ago

Huh, never would have noticed that yellow paint around the coin door in a million years but now I see there's a bit extra around both top corners. Is the inset wood on the cabinet where the coin door is mounted painted yellow on anyone else's? Trying to figure out if that's factory or if the previous owner was... well, who knows. :/ Oh Vid, where art thou?

#1373 7 years ago

interesting. Here is the same area on my machine, which I am pretty confident is all original as an undocumented early run, HUO with exceptional lineage. The unfinished wood on the insets for the start button and coin box are painted yellow.
Hard to imagine that the painting took place after the side panel decals were in place at the factory, but like you say, who knows?
Touch ups by previous owner?

startbutton_(resized).jpgstartbutton_(resized).jpg

#1374 7 years ago

20160601_190835_(resized).jpg20160601_190835_(resized).jpg I could use one if they are made

#1375 7 years ago

Hey everybody, I recently bought a VERY used TSPP (the price was right...) and have been slowly getting it back in "good" condition. One of the issues was the slingshot plastics were broken, and I was searching everywhere to get a new set. While I didn't manage to find a new set, someone pointed me in the direction of a foreign site who has their own reproduction plastics. The site is here:

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/the-simpsons-pinball-party/

When I found this I closed my ad, but there were several pinsiders who asked me where the website was and then wanted to know the quality of the reproductions after I got them. I figured it might benefit a few people to put up some pictures here. I feel like they are exactly what I was looking for. Anyone would be able to tell that they are not original, because they don't have the plastic numbering in the corners (which is better in my opinion). I have never bought anything on an international site and so was skeptical of that, but they got it here really quick, and it was actually much cheaper than buying a complete set.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

20160602_190438_(resized).jpg20160602_190438_(resized).jpg

20160602_190521_(resized).jpg20160602_190521_(resized).jpg

20160602_190447_(resized).jpg20160602_190447_(resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 7 years ago

Crater, those look good! One question, how would you say the color compare to the originals? The reproductions look like a little darker in the pictures but that may be the lightning.

#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

Crater, those look good! One question, how would you say the color compare to the originals? The reproductions look like a little darker in the pictures but that may be the lightning.

It looks like they still have a protective film over it, so if they do, the color will brighten when the film is removed.

#1378 7 years ago

I was someone that asked about them. They do look pretty good.

Alas, they don't make repros of THE PIECE. Sigh.

#1379 7 years ago

Does anyone have some tips to get the scores higher? This is the hardest game to get points on for me.

#1380 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Does anyone have some tips to get the scores higher?

Apart from the obvious, don't let the ball drain.

Start as many modes as possible, don't necessarily aim to complete them, just keep starting them. As longer the timer doesn't reach 0 you can have all 7 running at once. You can also extend the timer by starting an Otto doubler, as well as random awards. In the meantime, start couch multiball to help complete the modes in couch multiball then try and start Itchy & Scratchy multiball, to get a further ball added.

Not only does completing multiple awards drastically increase the victory laps value (up to 5mil per shot) it also extends time for Alien Invasion.

Points can rack up VERY quickly when you manage to stack a few things at once.

#1381 7 years ago

Anybody ever do anything with these?

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/noflix-bumper-light/6711/noflix-bumper-light

I'm really curious what the cooling towers would look like on top of 'em.

#1382 7 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

Well here's where my descriptions get fuzzy... as my girlfriend likes to point out, I obviously never learned my colors. I think they look the same, but I apparently have a lot of trouble discerning small differences in colors and haircuts...

#1383 7 years ago

For anyone who has the garage ramp cliffy protector installed.....do you find it much harder to make the garage shot to the upper play field? It seems that ever since I installed the protector, the ball bounces back out of the garage and straight down the middle about half the time. At this point I'm thinking about taking it out because it is really affecting the gameplay.

#1384 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

For anyone who has the garage ramp cliffy protector installed.....do you find it much harder to make the garage shot to the upper play field? It seems that ever since I installed the protector, the ball bounces back out of the garage and straight down the middle about half the time. At this point I'm thinking about taking it out because it is really affecting the gameplay.

I didn't notice a difference when I put mine in.

#1385 7 years ago

Mine came with the cliffys installed so I cant speak to the behaivior without but I've had no issues. Maybe it's not seated correctly?

#1386 7 years ago

I'm guessing yours isn't installed correctly. I've had no issues with mine. I'd pull the upper play field off and inspect it. Check out this pic for reference.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/TSPP/brokegarage3.jpg

#1387 7 years ago

I'll have time tonight to take the upper playfield off and inspect but in the meantime, I slid the glass down and took this picture. It looks to me like the Cliffy is making the edge of the ramp sit too high. I'm guessing the balls are bouncing off the edge of the ramp back into the lower playfield.

#1388 7 years ago

I installed the cliffy as well and mine seemed to also not line up.
I removed the jump ramp and bent the back part of the ramp up to help line it up.

Quoted from Jakers:

I'll have time tonight to take the upper playfield off and inspect but in the meantime, I slid the glass down and took this picture. It looks to me like the Cliffy is making the edge of the ramp sit too high. I'm guessing the balls are bouncing off the edge of the ramp back into the lower playfield.

20160610_073300_(resized).jpg20160610_073300_(resized).jpg

#1389 7 years ago

Hey guys - any leads on replacement plastics? I really just need the right lane plastic #10, and maybe the #20 Drink Duff pop cover eventually. Pinball Center has the latter, but can't find the lane plastics anywhere. Thanks!

#1390 7 years ago

Everyone needs the right lane plastic

#1391 7 years ago

Jakers - Your screws for the jump ramp seem to be a bit high....might be causing some ball travel issues?

#1392 7 years ago

The TSPP TV is available again as Version 2. Available at both sparkypinball.com and mezelmods.com. Ad is in the marketplace:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-tv-version-2#post-3198571

TSPP_TV_V2_3_(resized).JPGTSPP_TV_V2_3_(resized).JPG

#1393 7 years ago

Dangit Sparky I just ordered toppers for my Kiss and GB pins or I would be getting one of these now. I'm going to get one of these for my TSPP pin because they looks awesome. Thanks for making them!

#1394 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Everyone needs the right lane plastic

Dang, I didn't realize that was the commonly broken/ hard to find one!

#1395 7 years ago

Don't know if I've ever actually posted in the thread, but I joined the club about a year ago. TSPP is my second pin, and while I loved my first (WWFRR) there's really no comparison. Obviously.

Sold WWFRR a couple of weeks back, and finally got around to giving TSPP the love it deserved:

-Replaced wall plug (ground was cut on the original. Really shouldn't have put this off so long. )
-ColorDMD
-Sparky TV v2
-Lermods (Trough lighting, Kwik-E-Mart decal, flying saucers, bus)

All the mods have been great, and the creators plus the Mezel crew have been very friendly. All highly recommended!

Hadn't really messed around with mods before this, so it was great to get a bunch and see how they run. Now that I've got a sense for it, I'm probably going to take a stab at DIYing speaker lights, and if it goes well, I'll give an LED Backbox a shot.

Also want to address the speaker hum at some point. Found this thread and may try the demonstrated fix. It doesn't bother me too much while I'm playing, but I'm sure once I fix it, I'll wonder how I ever lived with it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed

Loving this game more than ever! I'm sure I'll go back to two games before long, but I'm definitely in no hurry.

IMG_20160615_185104_(resized).jpgIMG_20160615_185104_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160615_185212_(resized).jpgIMG_20160615_185212_(resized).jpg

#1396 7 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the club (a while ago)! TSPP is such a fun game.

#1397 7 years ago

Newb question, but is this my ROM version, A2.0?

simpsons_(resized).jpgsimpsons_(resized).jpg

#1398 7 years ago

It's your display rom version located on the back of the dmd. Latest is 5.0. replace it and the game rom version to upgrade.

#1399 7 years ago

I just got my TSPP (1st pin) a few weeks back. Mine was an early 2003 model but very few plays and stored for the last 8yrs. I upgraded the roms to 5.0 and put in the NVRAM chip to eliminate the batteries. I also did the mod to eliminate the speaker buzz - much better. I bought a few extra mods/protectors but have not yet installed. Indypinhead plastics, cliffys, few LEDs, nuclear side rails and some sillyoldelf art that's on the way. Only little issue is the broken right plastic by Ned Flanders - not completely broken yet. Just cracked.

#1400 7 years ago

Does anyone make plastic protectors aside from the slings? Is there a protector for the inlane plastics and the big blue one along the right side? My plastics are currently fine, and I was fortunate to receive an extra full set when I bought the game, but these seem to be hot commodity, and I'd hate to break what I currently have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.