(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 146.
#1401 7 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

I also did the mod to eliminate the speaker buzz - much better.

What is this you speak of?

#1402 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Does anyone make plastic protectors aside from the slings? Is there a protector for the inlane plastics and the big blue one along the right side? My plastics are currently fine, and I was fortunate to receive an extra full set when I bought the game, but these seem to be hot commodity, and I'd hate to break what I currently have.

Yes, indypinhead makes a set of protectors. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available

#1405 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Does anyone make plastic protectors aside from the slings? Is there a protector for the inlane plastics and the big blue one along the right side? My plastics are currently fine, and I was fortunate to receive an extra full set when I bought the game, but these seem to be hot commodity, and I'd hate to break what I currently have.

Check with indypinhead ....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available

#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The TSPP TV is available again as Version 2. Available at both sparkypinball.com and mezelmods.com. Ad is in the marketplace:

I just installed this mod and it is great! One of the best mods in pinball

IMG_2230_(resized).JPGIMG_2230_(resized).JPG

#1407 7 years ago

I'm so close I can almost taste the wizard mode! Only thing holding me back this game was Scratchy's revenge. I got to it and thought for sure I'd beat it since I had it stacked with two other multiballs but it was a no go. Officially the greatest game ever made!

IMG_20160617_203241_(resized).jpgIMG_20160617_203241_(resized).jpg

#1408 7 years ago

Just finished one of my best games. But... Got FOUR of the necessary SIX super jackpots in couch multiball. Accomplished everything else. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

#1409 7 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Just finished one of my best games. But... Got FOUR of the necessary SIX super jackpots in couch multiball. Accomplished everything else. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Uh oh... You are going to be really mad then when you find out you actually only need 5 super jackpots and not 6.

#1410 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Uh oh... You are going to be really mad then when you find out you actually only need 5 super jackpots and not 6.

Oh, that's right. I was counting the characters in front of the flippers. Grandpa lights for the super dooper dooper.

#1411 7 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Grandpa lights for the super dooper dooper

I've never actually seen a good explanation for grandpa light. Got any more info on that?

#1412 7 years ago

Regarding the character inserts in the playfield... in front of the flippers... Each time you collect a Super Jackpot in couch multiball, one of the characters lights up. I've never lit more than 4. Grandpa is the 6th, and I believe he lights only when reaching the super super super wizard mode. (Can't remember what it's called.)

#1413 7 years ago

Ok, here is a question - the pop bumper that is not a cooling tower never illuminates. The bulb and circuitry is there. I tested with different bulbs and the matrix shows the circuit as well. Test all lamps-no joy. I also have never seen the bumper light on any YouTube video of the machine, either. What say you?

#1414 7 years ago

Mine doesn't light up either.

#1415 7 years ago

I figured it is designed that way, but what prompted my question is that there is one for sale on pinside that has it lit in the pics. Also, what reason could there be for omitting the lamp operation even in the test mode? The white flasher operates with this bumper so maybe the stern people just decided to go with that?

#1416 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I figured it is designed that way, but what prompted my question is that there is one for sale on pinside that has it lit in the pics. Also, what reason could there be for omitting the lamp operation even in the test mode? The white flasher operates with this bumper so maybe the stern people just decided to go with that?

That's weird. I think you're referring to my ad. I see what you're talking about. It is lit up in that picture. I'll take a look when i get home. I have 2 TSPP's at the moment. I can see what each of them does and look at the manufacture date.

#1417 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Ok, here is a question - the pop bumper that is not a cooling tower never illuminates. The bulb and circuitry is there. I tested with different bulbs and the matrix shows the circuit as well. Test all lamps-no joy. I also have never seen the bumper light on any YouTube video of the machine, either. What say you?

It is supposed to illuminate. Here's my game ...

TSPP_(resized).jpgTSPP_(resized).jpg

#1418 7 years ago

Mine also illuminates.

#1419 7 years ago

Mine lights up, I put a color changer in there too, I think.

#1420 7 years ago

Well, there is no voltage to mine. Wires look good. Any ideas? I am new to ss machines.

#1421 7 years ago

It's a controlled lamp. Not general illumination. Lamp #17. Column 1. Row 3. Go into single lamp test via menu. Have a manual?

If the other lamps in that column and that row are working, then it's likely a broken wire.

#1422 7 years ago

Oh, and the diode associated with it is mounted on a terminal strip under the playfield. Check wires there too.

#1423 7 years ago

I have done both tests and that is the lamp matrix number alright. Everything under the playfield looks good, diode in place, etc. I guess I will follow the wires next.

#1424 7 years ago

It turned out to be, ahem, a bad bulb. I had replaced it with a new one and that turned out to be bad. Laugh away.

#1425 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

It turned out to be, ahem, a bad bulb. I had replaced it with a new one and that turned out to be bad. Laugh away.

In the words of Homer. "DOH!"

#1426 7 years ago

Yes, I was wondering how long it was gonna be...

#1427 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Been there, done that. That is why if I replace a bulb and it doesn't work I try a known working bulb from an adjacent socket.

#1428 7 years ago

By the way, I'm in. Picked up a pretty minty example.
Had to take the LEDs out of the inserts after one day (I just don't like LEDs).

At the moment I have no idea what to shoot on the game.

#1429 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Man! What an idio--- wait. I've done that too!

#1430 7 years ago

I've had some very old pins with every bulb out. It's incredible because you immediately try looking for a bigger problem.

#1431 7 years ago

Looking through the rule sheet and noticed this under garage awards. Don't think I've ever gotten it or seen it before. Can't even think of what it would do. Any one else seen it? Possibly just a mistake in the rule sheet or an award from old code?

Screenshot_2016-06-27-10-31-28_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-06-27-10-31-28_(resized).png

#1432 7 years ago

It's a joke.

960_(resized).jpg960_(resized).jpg

#1433 7 years ago

Ahh I just looked it up. It's a few years before my time.

#1434 7 years ago

Got my game a few days ago so I guess I'm in the club. Well I just played my best game. Got to alien invasion and 55 seconds earned. And that allowed me enough time to get 4 balls locked and then ran out of time. Also got mystery spot, one super couch jackpot, and even had a very short pretzel multiball. Anyway what a freaking awesome game this thing is.

20160629_100333_(resized).jpg20160629_100333_(resized).jpg

#1435 7 years ago

She looks nice. Congrats on the new game! Welcome to the club.

#1436 7 years ago

Welcome Inn, i like the color dmd!! I've been wanting one for a few games I have, more money, ha,ha, tspp is a great game congratulations!

#1437 7 years ago
Quoted from jroakland:

Welcome Inn, i like the color dmd!! I've been wanting one for a few games I have, more money, ha,ha, tspp is a great game congratulations!

If you put a ColorDMD in just one game, put it in TSPP. It demands it.

#1438 7 years ago

Ditto on the Colordmd. It needs it. I like DotXL and the setting that looks like 8-bit but the name escapes at the moment.

#1439 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I love the color DMD in this game. Now I just need one for my Metallica and Getaway

#1440 7 years ago

+1 For ColorDMD and DotXL setting. I loved it from the moment I put it in, but didn't totally appreciate it until I saw another one without it. You can't go back!

#1441 7 years ago

Love ColorDMD in all games. Best mod without a doubt.

#1442 7 years ago

Hey guys. The decals on my cooling towers don't curve around the tower. They don't stick down. I can stick them back down and the next day they have lifted again. Any suggestions ?

Also looking for a left slingshot plastic if someone knows where to get one from.

Thank you kindly.

#1444 7 years ago

Thanks, but it is a lot of money just for the cooling tower stickers. I would get stung for import duty too.

What is a good clear adhesive to use on decals ?

#1445 7 years ago

Hey guys, question about the couch switches. Mine seem to work fine but about every 10 times couch multiball will start with only 2 balls in the couch (game thinks ball 3 has been locked when it should have been ball 2). Game is set to never hold balls in the couch, so I assume this is a switch adjustment or a flakey switch. How do the switches work in theory? Is there a grace period where they can be down but not register a lock (when the ball rolls over but does not stop on one) vs. registering a lock when down for a longer period?

#1446 7 years ago

Garage can award couch ball locks and then the couch doesnt have to fill to start mb.

#1447 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Thanks, but it is a lot of money just for the cooling tower stickers. I would get stung for import duty too.
What is a good clear adhesive to use on decals ?

Go here.....

http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

Scroll down the page to 3M 467MP adhesive by the yard.

Works great in re-using decals.

Use lighter fluid to remove the old adhesive from the decal.

#1448 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Garage can award couch ball locks and then the couch doesnt have to fill to start mb.

Ah, thanks! That must be it. Learn something new every day with this game. Stupid failure!

#1449 7 years ago

He does bring up a good point with regard to replacement plastics. Pinball rescue doesn't have them yet. I am hoping they start soon.

#1450 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Go here.....
http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html
Scroll down the page to 3M 467MP adhesive by the yard.
Works great in re-using decals.
Use lighter fluid to remove the old adhesive from the decal.

Excellent, thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 45.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 45.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.