(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 146.
#1951 7 years ago

I just saw your post in another thread... you are running really old code. Once you get the version 5 installed, do a full factory reset (in the menu) and see if your problem gets better. My guess is that it will.

Also, I know this is a big assumption, but you DO have the screws back in the coil stop bracket, right? In your picture, they are missing.

#1952 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

So which version of the code are you running? I ask because the latest version of the code made some adjustments across the board to some of the coil power settings.

Verified that I'm running the freaking original code 2.01 and 2.03. Just ordered the 5.0 ROMs. Really hoping this helps.

Something else to consider here.... the local retail shop I bought this from sent out a new upper play field from a different machine because I was having lots of issues with the couch on my original UPF. Could this have created some issues? Everything else on the new UPF works perfectly. Also worth noting that this issue did not occur on the old UPF running same old code. Thanks guys. Really appreciate the help. - craig

#1953 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I just saw your post in another thread... you are running really old code. Once you get the version 5 installed, do a full factory reset (in the menu) and see if your problem gets better. My guess is that it will.
Also, I know this is a big assumption, but you DO have the screws back in the coil stop bracket, right? In your picture, they are missing.

Thank you. Not that it matters but will factory reset clear high scores? Also, yes, I put the screws back in. Thank you for asking though...you never know! -- Craig

#1954 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thank you. Not that it matters but will factory reset clear high scores?

Resets everything when you change roms, including number of plays on the game.

#1955 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Also worth noting that this issue did not occur on the old UPF running same old code

Is it the same TV assembly? If so, just make sure the two screws that hold the tv to the playfield are nice and tight as well.

#1956 7 years ago

Hi all. I ordered a set of Silly Old Elf's custom side blades a while back. And of course while they were sitting in customs, I did a bad thing and sold my machine

If anybody would like a set and not have to wait for shipping and customs etc... please PM me and you'll have them at cost minus the wait. These are just for the left and right interior of the cabinet. Cheers.

#1957 7 years ago

Hi all. I ordered a set of Silly Old Elf's custom interior side decals a while back. And of course while they were sitting in customs, I did a bad thing and sold my machine DOH. If anybody would like a set and not have to wait for shipping and customs etc... please PM me and you'll have them at cost minus the wait. These are just for the left and right interior of the cabinet. Cheers.
He was nice enough to return them but he's great and don't want to trouble him. Here's the link to what they look like cheers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-custom-side-board-decals

Added over 7 years ago: No longer available thanks.

#1958 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Is it the same TV assembly? If so, just make sure the two screws that hold the tv to the playfield are nice and tight as well.

Pretty sure it is a different TV. The TV is attached to the UPF unless you remove it correct?

#1959 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Pretty sure it is a different TV. The TV is attached to the UPF unless you remove it correct?

Yes, it is attached with an upper and lower screw to the playfield posts. I am sort of surprised they swapped the tv out though, as the tv can be set aside during the playfield swap.

#1960 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Screwed around with the TV coil today. Bent the brackets so that the coil was nice and snug. Verified that coil does NOT make sound when firing from the diagnostics. Listen to the God awful sound this thing makes: » YouTube video
Here are pics of the coil. Couldn't figure out how to get the plunger out of the coil or remove the coil from the bracket. Can anybody tell if the plunger is in upside down or not?

Was able to fix the loud buzzing sound when the ball is exiting from behind the TV on the upper play field. Updating to latest code didn't solve or reduce the intensity of the sound. Also, the plunger was not in upside down (this was the issue for several others with same problem). As many thought, it was all from vibration from the coil inside the metal bracket that is welded to the TV.

Here is what I did to fix it:

- Put a piece of this foam (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5078-00) between the top of the coil and the metal bracket
- wrapped a zip tie around the entire metal bracket holding the coil and cinched it down as tight as a could to prevent the coil from future bending
- hand tightened all the screws attaching the bracket to the TV and the screws attaching the TV to the UPF.

There is no audible sound occurring now. Thanks for all the input and suggestions and hopefully this helps others with this problem.

#1961 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

My tspp would make that exact sound. Horrific. I tried zipties and pinball dead foam on the coil stop. It helpped a bit. Kinda a hack.
Rick

Rick, thanks for this suggestion. This worked perfect for me. Cheers, Craig

#1962 7 years ago

I'm out of the club . Farewell.....

#1963 7 years ago

Hey guys,

I am going to be looking at a huo TSPP next week and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any game specifics i should be looking for, like wear areas and such?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#1964 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
I am going to be looking at a huo TSPP next week and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any game specifics i should be looking for, like wear areas and such?

The most common areas of wear are the shooter lane and the Itchy & Scratchy hole.

#1965 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,

You can't do it easily - but checking the ramp under the garage for cracking / being broken is also key.

Either way you'll put a Cliffy protector on that ramp... Either to fix it (like I had to mine) or to preserve it.

#1966 7 years ago

Wear on the cab near the flipper buttons or start button as well.

Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,

#1967 7 years ago

Thanks guys!

#1968 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,

Here are some other things I would check:

1. Look at the entrance to the left (tree house) ramp and check for cracking or broken pieces
2. I would play the game and make sure you can at least get 25% of your shots through the garage and up to the upper play field. It requires a hard hit shot to jump the ramp and make the upper playfield but some games have ramp damage and other issues that make the shot near impossible. This is also a good time to make sure the VUK gets the ball to the upper playfield correctly.
3. Remove the glass and test the following:
a. Put a ball in the itchy and scratchy hole while the drop targets are UP and make sure they all drop accordingly and the ball is ejected succesfully.
b. Load three balls into the couch and make sure the game releases them in a delayed fashion and not all at once. In other words, ball 1 drops...2 or 3 second pause...ball 2 drops...2 or 3 pause...ball 3 drops.
c. Put a ball behind the TV on the upper play field and make sure the ball exits from behind the TV ok. You may notice a buzzing sound when this occurs which seems pretty common due to the vibration of the metal on metal construction of the coil.

Craig

#1969 7 years ago

Check out this fine TSPP currently on location at Berg'n in Brooklyn

IMG_20161024_151038339_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20161024_151038339_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_20161024_151051514_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20161024_151051514_HDR (resized).jpg

#1970 7 years ago

decals are gone, cheers for the interest.

#1971 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Here are some other things I would check:
1. Look at the entrance to the left (tree house) ramp and check for cracking or broken pieces
2. I would play the game and make sure you can at least get 25% of your shots through the garage and up to the upper play field. It requires a hard hit shot to jump the ramp and make the upper playfield but some games have ramp damage and other issues that make the shot near impossible. This is also a good time to make sure the VUK gets the ball to the upper playfield correctly.
3. Remove the glass and test the following:
a. Put a ball in the itchy and scratchy hole while the drop targets are UP and make sure they all drop accordingly and the ball is ejected succesfully.
b. Load three balls into the couch and make sure the game releases them in a delayed fashion and not all at once. In other words, ball 1 drops...2 or 3 second pause...ball 2 drops...2 or 3 pause...ball 3 drops.
c. Put a ball behind the TV on the upper play field and make sure the ball exits from behind the TV ok. You may notice a buzzing sound when this occurs which seems pretty common due to the vibration of the metal on metal construction of the coil.
Craig

Thanks! I will see if I can manage to test all of this. How does the garage ramp work? Ball goes into the ramp and then an up-kick sends it to the second playfield?

And, how does the ball get into the Itchy and Scratchy hole with the drop targets up? Looks like they would need to be down in order to get to that hole?

Sorry, played the game a handful of times a while ago, so not 100% on the operations of the table.

#1972 7 years ago

Ball can get in there if just on drop is down.
All three drop down as the ball kicks out of the hole so it doesnt hit the back of the targets.

#1973 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How does the garage ramp work? Ball goes into the ramp and then an up-kick sends it to the second playfield?

The garage ramp is actually a jump ramp. The ball goes up the ramp and, assuming it has enough velocity, sails over the orbit and lands on a second ramp which takes it to the VUK at the back left of the playfield. If the ball isn't hit solid enough, it will fall into the orbit and then slowly roll back down towards the pop bumpers.

#1974 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The garage ramp is actually a jump ramp. The ball goes up the ramp and, assuming it has enough velocity, sails over the orbit and lands on a second ramp which takes it to the VUK at the back left of the playfield. If the ball isn't hit solid enough, it will fall into the orbit and then slowly roll back down towards the pop bumpers.

Oh wow... Does anyone have a picture of how this works exactly? I assume it would have to be taken with that upper playfield removed.. Having a hard time piecing this together just by looking at pictures. If not, no biggie..

EDIT- Found the pics and got an understanding. I just am having a hard time figuring where exactly that ball comes out onto the upper playfield? Does it come from the VUK under the couch ramp and down to the left flipper on the upper playfield?

#1975 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ball can get in there if just on drop is down.
All three drop down as the ball kicks out of the hole so it doesnt hit the back of the targets.

I thought this was fixed with the upgraded ROM chip? Sounds like it was a common issue?

"- Itchy and Scratchy eject now double-checks to make sure the targets are
actually down before trying to eject the ball. It also waits until any
drop target reset process is complete before kicking."

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1976 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought this was fixed with the upgraded ROM chip? Sounds like it was a common issue?
"- Itchy and Scratchy eject now double-checks to make sure the targets are
actually down before trying to eject the ball. It also waits until any
drop target reset process is complete before kicking."

Unfortunately even with 5.0 there are still circumstances this can happen. I've experienced it myself a few times.

#1977 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Unfortunately even with 5.0 there are still circumstances this can happen. I've experienced it myself a few times.

I see. So if this did have that issue, is there a fix to it?

Basically, I know that somethings such as ramps, coils, flippers... all fixable but will allow me to chew down the price. Anything specific to watch for that would make it a definite no sale? Obviously other than battery leak corrosion or water damage...

#1978 7 years ago

Chew down the price? lol

#1979 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Chew down the price? lol

Yes, why is that so funny?

#1980 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

My machine actually had a coil issue that was preventing the middle drop target from dropping for the eject. Had to replace the small coil below the target. Wasn't immediately obvious when I bought the game because you don't always get a ball into the I&S hole with the middle target up.

#1981 7 years ago

It made me laugh because of an Amish gentleman I knew who used that phrase and I hadn't heard it in a long time. The Amish are another group stereotyped as being very cheap and native Pennsylvania Dutch speakers pronounce their Js with a 'ch' sound. An explanation was just more than I felt like typing on my phone from the middle stall of the bathroom at work.

#1982 7 years ago

Got to alien invasion last night and twice got two balls stuck in the I&S hole. Arrgh.

#1983 7 years ago

You can push the start button and I believe it's supposed to eject them.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:Got to alien invasion last night and twice got two balls stuck in the I&S hole. Arrgh.

#1984 7 years ago

I will try that if it ever happens again.

#1985 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

It made me laugh because of an Amish gentleman I knew who used that phrase and I hadn't heard it in a long time. The Amish are another group stereotyped as being very cheap and native Pennsylvania Dutch speakers pronounce their Js with a 'ch' sound. An explanation was just more than I felt like typing on my phone from the middle stall of the bathroom at work.

oh hahahaha. Just an expression I use when referring to working to lower down a price. And no, I was not trying to say anything that starts with a "J" if thats what people are thinking haha.

#1986 7 years ago

^^ Funny conversation right there. We all knew what you meant. Only one meaning though....no need for an explanation.

#1987 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

^^ Funny conversation right there. We all knew what you meant. Only one meaning though....no need for an explanation.

Phew! Thanks!! ha

#1988 7 years ago

Upgraded ROM to 5.0 and now balls loaded into the coach are not draining after the game ends. So if you have 2 balls in the coach at the end of a game, when you start a new game the 2 balls remain in the couch and it only takes 1 ball in the new game to start multiball. Is there a setting that controls this behavior? Thanks for any input! -- Craig

#1989 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Upgraded ROM to 5.0 and now balls loaded into the coach are not draining after the game ends. So if you have 2 balls in the coach at the end of a game, when you start a new game the 2 balls remain in the couch and it only takes 1 ball in the new game to start multiball. Is there a setting that controls this behavior? Thanks for any input! -- Craig

When upgrading ROM, the game resets to factory settings. You can adjust that feature in the feature adjustments menu. I think it's called "hold couch locks".

#1990 7 years ago

Can anyone give me some input on Mezel Mods KWIK-E-MART DECAL? I would like to purchase one but when I look at the picture they provide on their website, the decal looks low quality. Almost like it's filled in with a sharpie marker and hand cut with scissors.

I mean no disrespect to Mezel Mods. I have ordered other things from them and have been very satisfied. The picture of the decal just makes me wonder if thats a prototype or the final product I would receive.

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 10.33.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-11-11 at 10.33.43 AM (resized).png

#1991 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Can anyone give me some input on Mezel Mods KWIK-E-MART DECAL? I would like to purchase one but when I look at the picture they provide on their website, the decal looks low quality. Almost like it's filled in with a sharpie marker and hand cut with scissors.
I mean no disrespect to Mezel Mods. I have ordered other things from them and have been very satisfied. The picture of the decal just makes me wonder if thats a prototype or the final product I would receive.

We are the manufacturer of the decal sold through Mezel. In fact, that pic is of a prototype, our first one and the one that is still in our game. We probably need to take it out and put a new one in to have a better picture. It is not colored in with a sharpie and is a high resolution print as you can see in the pic below. We do hand cut the decals.

Edit: This question reminded me that I needed to replace the decal in my game. New pics below. Looks great to me!

20161111_110127 (resized).jpg20161111_110127 (resized).jpg

DSC_0001 (resized).JPGDSC_0001 (resized).JPG

DSC_0003 (resized).JPGDSC_0003 (resized).JPG

#1992 7 years ago

Thanks Lermods. It looks great! Ordering now.

#1993 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

This should not be happening. If there are any balls remaining in the couch from the previous game, they should be discharged at the start of the new game. The display may read "looking for pinballs" until the balls are back in the drain.

#1994 7 years ago

yes there is a setting that clears the couch of balls at the end of every game. You need to turn that on.

#1995 7 years ago

It's something you turn off, did it on mine recently. I think it was 'Couch MB Memory' or similar.

#1996 7 years ago

I think this is the setting that changes the couch behavior mentioned above

IMG_3394 (resized).JPGIMG_3394 (resized).JPG

#1997 7 years ago

Yup, Craig's on point. Good lookin' machine too!

#1998 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I am baffled as to why I was downvoted for my prior response. The machine is supposed to eject any balls remaining in the couch at the start of the game, regardless of the setting to hold the balls or not. What I am reading is that the balls are not ejecting and that is not normal. My machine does not do it no matter how it is set.

#1999 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I am baffled as to why I was downvoted for my prior response. The machine is supposed to eject any balls remaining in the couch at the start of the game, regardless of the setting to hold the balls or not. What I am reading is that the balls are not ejecting and that is not normal. My machine does not do it no matter how it is set.

But the setting IS "save couch balls from previous game" if that's turned on it's gonna...well....save the balls from the previous game. I didn't down vote you but I have this setting saved on my TSPP and it does what it says. Why wouldn it?

#2000 7 years ago

My machine dumps the balls when the new game starts even if the setting is to save them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 218.00
$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.