IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1999 1 year ago

GTF seems like a great general theme depending on exactly what they do with it - I've been pretty disappointed with AP's themes since day one. Some space sci-fi is something I can get behind. I'll be selling my MET Pro soon to get something new, and this one is definitely on my radar. Been pretty underwhelmed with Stern lately, though I do love my GZ.

Cheers and best of luck with the release to AP.

#2154 1 year ago

Seems kinda obvious there'd be landing forces, not literally tanks in space. Be kinda fun to land and conquer alien planets, I presume fighting their tank forces too. Hope it's not too satirical and cheesy...

#2179 1 year ago

Live action could go sooo horribly here, lol. Animated seems the way to go. Guess we'll see. Jokes on us, I guess their teaser did get us all talking...

#2203 1 year ago

I hope AP releases some details and most importantly PF images soon. I'm probably buying one game soon for this year, and FF wasn't really a possibility due to theme until seeing the initial reveal. Now it's a real contender - I know a lot of people aren't waiting to get in their orders. Come on AP, sooner is better for more info. I want to believe... in tanks in space.

#2206 1 year ago

Hmm, a live action "choose your own adventure" style like Wing Commander 3 could be cool.with cutscenes changing depending on how well you did in modes, etc.

That still is way down the list of important things I'm looking for in a game though.

#2236 1 year ago

What was the supposed reason for the delay in announcement? What indication is there a release last year was even on the menu? Just guesses? If they didn't think the game was good enough, wasn't ready, or they couldn't build them for whatever reason, then I'd prefer they wait until it's done. It might now be worse timing for them, but that's hardly a "botch" and reason for derision IMO.

11 months later
#4067 77 days ago

Licensed themes are probably clearly the way to go to succeed, but I do give AP props for trying to go this way. And you know, I actually really like the retro sci-fi tone and idea with a "galactic tank force" -- I was really excited to see GTF in the lead up to the reveal. But they completely lost me in the execution. The ice cream BS is just horrible. That and the ridiculously bad attempts at "humor" completely ruin GTF. I think the layout isn't fantastic, but not bad either -- it could be fun. I think I could maybe dig the low budget live action if it was more like classic Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers style or something. I'm sure there is a tightrope to walk with low budget campiness and taking yourself too seriously, but this was a total swing and a miss.

LOV is pretty cool theme-wise too. I will absolutely buy an original theme game - but it needs to be a well done theme and great playing game.

I'll be interested to see how the board set works out. I'm glad they are willing to invest more in AP's future, hopefully it pays off for them.

3 weeks later
#4320 50 days ago

Well the gameplay really needs to be something special with this theme. I certainly look forward to playing this if I ever get the chance though. Little fun elements made a lot of Barry's games great - even the less generally popular ones. I really liked my Jokerz! machine. Of course those types of games didn't cost me $7k. Final of course - none of those older games will have the modern lightshow, audio package, and depth of code this should have.

All the loud mouths here don't speak for everyone. They sold some Oktoberfest machines that aren't that far apart theme wise from this. If this is a great game it can sell a few.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, ME
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.