IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 94.
#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Oooo. Live action makes me think of this gem. Anyone remember?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes. I use to own one. Replayability is low with it in a private collection.

#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Or market research and what is trending or seems to be timed right thematically. Just coincidental.
[quoted image]

And vans apparently.

#2203 1 year ago

I hope AP releases some details and most importantly PF images soon. I'm probably buying one game soon for this year, and FF wasn't really a possibility due to theme until seeing the initial reveal. Now it's a real contender - I know a lot of people aren't waiting to get in their orders. Come on AP, sooner is better for more info. I want to believe... in tanks in space.

#2204 1 year ago

failure by AP to release GTF at expo last year is going to prove costly. they would have front run everything their competition is throwing at them today.

#2205 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What I've heard in rumors is that they are going to use video assets in ways never done in a pinball machine before, I have no idea what that actually means but I'm very curious to see it in action, maybe it's using live action video instead of all animation. No matter what they are going to be fighting an uphill (tank) battle going against all the new games/themes recently introduced including the upcoming JJP game (Godfather??) if it's also revealed at TPF. I wish them all the best in that fight.

Live action mixed with animation

(think more wing commander, not roger rabbit)

#2206 1 year ago

Hmm, a live action "choose your own adventure" style like Wing Commander 3 could be cool.with cutscenes changing depending on how well you did in modes, etc.

That still is way down the list of important things I'm looking for in a game though.

#2207 1 year ago

I'd be into FMV pinball cutscenes, but it's a real art to doing them bad "the right way" vs just bad.

#2208 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Hmm, a live action "choose your own adventure" style like Wing Commander 3 could be cool.with cutscenes changing depending on how well you did in modes, etc.
That still is way down the list of important things I'm looking for in a game though.

I don't know. I want to play pinball, not watch a movie. I can do that on any number of pieces of electronic junk already.

#2209 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

I don't know. I want to play pinball, not watch a movie. I can do that on any number of pieces of electronic junk already.

The good news is that there are thousands of games produced prior to LCDs being added that will let you do just that. I don't want to watch a whole movie while I play either but games that just have zooomy static images (AIQ, I'm talking about you) aren't the same unless it really fits the theme extremely well. On every game except HW AP has been blasted for lousy animations and graphics, surely that's hurt sales. A great game can effectively mix video assets into gameplay very well, I like watching Groot kick ass for 10 seconds or so while Multiball starts and the music kicks up, etc. - that's just one example.

#2210 1 year ago

I know AP didn't make the content, but I love the stop motion stuff in Hot Wheels. It's goofy in a fun way and is different than other pinball cutscenes

#2211 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree. It’s long and nothing happens. And they announce people that “star” in the game that I have no clue who they are. Maybe I’m out of it but who is Kerri Hoskins? Am I supposed to be pumped about her inclusion?

I looked her up. She played Sonya Blade in the Mortal Kombat games

#2212 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Or market research and what is trending or seems to be timed right thematically. Just coincidental.
[quoted image]

JJP will announce its next game is ET. That way they can keep with the Alien theme of AP/Stern

#2213 1 year ago

Yes Keri Hoskins AKA Sonya Blade. She also appeared in other Midway games in the 90s. It was originally going to be Antoinette Johnson but there was some sort of falling out between her and AP, which is a shame because she'd be perfect for a crazy space tank girl!

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

JJP will announce its next game is ET. That way they can keep with the Alien theme of AP/Stern

Also there is a van in ET, keeping with the van themes of FF and Scooby Doo!

snap191.3 (resized).jpgsnap191.3 (resized).jpg
#2215 1 year ago
0327DD3A-8603-459F-A683-A41F24C1295B (resized).jpeg0327DD3A-8603-459F-A683-A41F24C1295B (resized).jpeg08D45570-8A7B-4B96-A919-7C5C50BFEF19 (resized).jpeg08D45570-8A7B-4B96-A919-7C5C50BFEF19 (resized).jpeg
#2216 1 year ago

Mmmm….galactic grape…is my favorite

#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from lazySUNBATHER:

Mmmm….galactic grape…is my favorite

Is this my new Key fob on coin door?

Screenshot_20230304_103410_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230304_103410_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2218 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is this my new Key fob on coin door?
[quoted image]

Would be awesome to include one with the game

#2219 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Would be awesome to include one with the game

I would expect it in the bag of extra plastics.

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I would expect it in the bag of extra plastics.

I will be disappointed if there's not a dry ice-packed cooler with branded ice cream included with every game.

#2221 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I will be disappointed if there's not a dry ice-packed cooler with branded ice cream included with every game.

Nah, they need the dehydrated astronaut ice cream instead.

#2222 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Nah, they need the dehydrated astronaut ice cream instead.

Even better. Freeze-dried astronaut ice cream packets. So on-brand. I'm sure one of the vendors they'd private label two or three thousand of them. What a hilarious retro pack-in that would be.

freeze-dried (resized).jpgfreeze-dried (resized).jpg
#2223 1 year ago

Forget these stupid teasers...just show the damn game!

...there is ZERO hype now, the market IS flooded with all the new games.

#2224 1 year ago

Per Pinball News/Magazine Podcast, the mentioned actors live action footage of the actors will feature prominently in the game (which squares with the most-recent teaser).

#2225 1 year ago

Its like AP looks at EVERYTHING that leads to a successful pinball machine, then says.....

"OK, we're not doing any of that."

#2226 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Per Pinball News/Magazine Podcast, the mentioned actors live action footage of the actors will feature prominently in the game (which squares with the most-recent teaser).

Hopefully it's not that fake cel animation where they put a filter on live action footage. That just means that it has the potential for bad voice AND bad acting video, rather than just bad voice on animation.

#2227 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hopefully it's not that fake cel animation where they put a filter on live action footage. That just means that it has the potential for bad voice AND bad acting video, rather than just bad voice on animation.

You mean like "A Scanner Darkly", or A-Ha's Take on me Video?

Would be great if it was low budget sci-fi like the show Red Dwarf

#2228 1 year ago

I’d rather see money saved on IP go into BOM instead of acting assets…

#2229 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

You mean like "A Scanner Darkly", or A-Ha's Take on me Video?
Would be great if it was low budget sci-fi like the show Red Dwarf

There's no way they're rotoscoping each frame of live video. If it's the approach it will be a low-cost, low result filter like the terrible results in the Oktoberfest "Looper" mode video at the beginning of the mode where AP put a filter on a live video crowd that looked awful:

...unless the delay in the game itself was to wait a few months so AI that does video to animation can mature. It's moving at light speed,so THAT might turn out ok.

#2230 1 year ago

New teaser vid

#2231 1 year ago

My God those memories are for real! I was born in 59

#2232 1 year ago

I do want AP to do well. This is completely botched as they needed to release info weeks ago.

FF looks insanely good and JJP with Godfather and Spooky with SD put AP at a big loss.

#2233 1 year ago

So Franchi worked on both this game and Godfather? If so, he's been busy! Or are the godfather rumors wrong?

#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I do want AP to do well. This is completely botched as they needed to release info weeks ago.

I mean it's not BOND levels of botched rollout, but they certainly had the market almost to themselves 3 months ago and do NOT now. If CGC comes in with TZ remake as rumored at TPF, even worse for AP. That's Scooby, Foo Fighters, Godfather, Galactic Tank Force, and potentially Twilight Zone all vying for limited pinball dollars AT THE SAME TIME. Most people don't have the space or $50k laying around to get them all.

#2235 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I mean it's not BOND levels of botched rollout, but they certainly had the market almost to themselves 3 months ago and do NOT now. If CGC comes in with TZ remake as rumored at TPF, even worse for AP. That's Scooby, Foo Fighters, Godfather, Galactic Tank Force, and potentially Twilight Zone all vying for limited pinball dollars AT THE SAME TIME. Most people don't have the space or $50k laying around to get them all.

Throw in a free lunchbox and they’ve got my money. J/K

#2236 1 year ago

What was the supposed reason for the delay in announcement? What indication is there a release last year was even on the menu? Just guesses? If they didn't think the game was good enough, wasn't ready, or they couldn't build them for whatever reason, then I'd prefer they wait until it's done. It might now be worse timing for them, but that's hardly a "botch" and reason for derision IMO.

#2237 1 year ago

You'd think with that many people being an expert in running multimillion dollar pinball companies there'd be more multi million dollar pinball companies eh?

#2238 1 year ago

Wasn't Steve Bowden (now at AP) doing something like this for Deeproot when he was there? Was it story boards for Raza that he'd put up on his 'Fun with Bonus' web site? Can't quite remember since it seem obscure at the time and I didn't pay much attention to it.

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Wasn't Steve Bowden (now at AP) doing something like this for Deeproot when he was there? Was it story boards for Raza that he'd put up on his 'Fun with Bonus' web site? Can't quite remember since it seem obscure at the time and I didn't pay much attention to it.

My understanding is that Nordman was working on something like GTF when he was at Deeproot.

#2240 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

My understanding is that Nordman was working on something like GTF when he was at Deeproot.

I believe the Nordman tank game goes back even further than deeproot. So it's interesting that after AP produces and releases Riot Pinball's game in Valhalla, the next game they're going to put out was also (at least initially) designed externally too.

Quoted from mbwalker:

Bowden worked on the game rules. The stoyboarding was done a different guy.

Quoted from PinKopf:

What was the supposed reason for the delay in announcement? What indication is there a release last year was even on the menu? Just guesses? If they didn't think the game was good enough, wasn't ready, or they couldn't build them for whatever reason, then I'd prefer they wait until it's done. It might now be worse timing for them, but that's hardly a "botch" and reason for derision IMO.

They scrambled to try to get the game out for Pinball Expo last year and had to throw in the towel on that goal. Hopefully (presumably?) they'll make TPF this year.

#2241 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even better. Freeze-dried astronaut ice cream packets. So on-brand. I'm sure one of the vendors they'd private label two or three thousand of them. What a hilarious retro pack-in that would be.
[quoted image]

god I love that freeze-dried icecream

#2242 1 year ago

I think American is missing the boat. Spooky, Stern and JJP have all shown their next games. I have no idea why American is waiting to TPF.

#2243 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think American is missing the boat. Spooky, Stern and JJP have all shown their next games. I have no idea why American is waiting to TPF.

Saving the best for last?

#2244 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Saving the best for last?

Then they need to wait until after the TZ remake announcement...but there will be a lot of money already committed by then with all these pin announcements. AP is suddenly in a bad spot - again.

#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

They sure are...I still am really excited about this pin, but thunder has been stolen for the masses

#2246 1 year ago

Yeah, trying to hold strong and see GTF but the longer I wait the longer it will take for me to get one of the other releases if GTF doesn’t look good to us

#2247 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Then they need to wait until after the TZ remake announcement...but there will be a lot of money already committed by then with all these pin announcements. AP is suddenly in a bad spot - again.

In general, I try not to use emoji's, so I added a question mark to my post.
Is there a tongue in cheek emoji I should have gone with?

#2248 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

If they don’t show it, they won’t have to sell it. They can then continue to sell Houdini, Oktoberfest, Hot Wheels and LOV. GREAT master plan David Fix.

#2249 1 year ago

Oh they’ll show. My bet is AP brings 25 GTF pins to tpf, has a seminar about it, has games set on free play and will offer them after as show games. This would be the perfect way to launch imo, as they’ll get 1000’s of hands and even more eyes on their new game, instantly. Those become the first games sold and the order banks open. They already have an army of games in bars across US cities. GTF is taking over the world.

#2250 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Oh they’ll show. My bet is AP brings 25 GTF pins to tpf, has a seminar about it, has games set on free play and will offer them after as show games. This would be the perfect way to launch imo, as they’ll get 1000’s of hands and even more eyes on their new game, instantly. Those become the first games sold and the order banks open. They already have an army of games in bars across US cities. GTF is taking over the world.

I would at least like a trailer or at least a few pictures of the game and play-field

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 6,995.00
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.