IMG_8236.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simplepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2583 1 year ago

I'm in on an SE. Love Pulp Fiction and I love CGC build quality. Was originally skeptical of a "retro" single level game but once I saw the reveal I realized it was so much more than that. The only issue will by my OCD around lining up backbox heights. LOL. Let the wait begin.

#2674 1 year ago

Curious to see how the height of the backbox compares to "modern" pin sizes. I know the older games have a shorter backbox. I have a KISS in my line up. It drives me crazy (OCD). This speaker area of PF SE and LE looks like it's adding a few inches to the overall height. Hopefully someone on site can chime in on this. Maybe CGC will have PF and CCr near each other at the show and I'll be able to tell from pics.

#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

still processing.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Any else notice the PF directly behind the LE in the video. Is it me or does it have black side rails? Curious. Is that the DBV model or an option?

#2950 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It is getting tons of buzz. I think there will be a big rush to get them.

Glad I got my SE order in and confirmed earlier this week. It will still be a hell of a wait though.

#3179 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It sure if I posted this here or if Josh did but Josh took this photo of his dev game so I could compare its size.
The topper height is similar to CGC toppers - so if you have a MMR etc with a topper and it fits then this should be fine.
[quoted image]

Thank you for this. I was having anxiety that PF was as short as traditional old school games like KISS and 8 Ball Deluxe. This will slide nicely into my B/W, Stern lineup. I'm OCD about back boxes lining up.

#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Thanks, same machine I played on so I must of just missed noticing this.
Regarding that under PF shot. Looks like all the PF lighting is on that one large "board". Is this common on newer machines? I don't have much under PF experience on anything newer than 2010 except TNA. That means individual PF bulbs cannot be replaced if needed?

As I understand previous CGC releases all "individual" LED's consist of three LED's that are all lit at 33%. If one goes bad the other two brighten to compensate. So in theory you should never need to replace a bulb. I asssume PF is something similar.

#3389 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

So they didn't do a powder on the LEs? Just black?

It's not powder and it's not black. It's like a gun metal color. Looks really good. Not Stern black! LOL

#3391 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Was very hyped about this pin, from the Theme alone "Take My Money". After watching some flipper action, im a bit underwhelmed TBH. I really want this in my collection but will need to play it first. Excited that CGC went in the proper direction with there decisions to put others on the back burner (another MMr run) to get out a Licensed titles, is most welcome in this hobby. I feel like the more I like a theme it seems to never hit the mark for me. And other theme's that Im less hyped about seem to hit the mark. Any one else feel this?

Oh yes. I feel this. Golf, gophers and cowboys are probably my least favorite things but they are the themes of two of my favorite games.

#3421 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

We'll find out when it's time. Don't stress the things you can't change.

Patience in pinball.

#3571 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its an awesome game, which means you probably won't like it
Seriously, I am actually shocked at how much I like Cactus Canyon, and that topper mode is freakin sweet

CCr is awesome. I have an SE. No topper FOMO for me. PF SE on order since teaser day. Again no topper/LE FOMO here. SE for the win.

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

This is one that I had noticed before that reveals crew/equipment visible. And yes, it was included in the list.
You can see the reflection of their car sitting on a flat trailer in the background when they passed glass front buildings.
[quoted image]

But who's car is that? If that's the car they are driving to the kahuna burger shoot out then it's not the car they left in. Vincent shoots the kid in the back seat after the shootout. That's not a mustang fast back they take QT's characters house. Nerds in attendance.

#3783 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

Stupid hypothetical:
What would Pulp Fiction Pinball look like if Steve Ritchie designed it versus Mark?
Going a step further, Pat Lawlor instead?
If Steve Ritchie is King of Flow, what is Mark?
I love IJ TPA and FT, and ordered a PF SE.
Just wanting to hear sone educated pontifications.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lawlor doesn’t know how to design a game without ramps, so it would probably have a side ramp from an upper flipper.
Steve would have a fairly similar layout to this I feel. It would’ve had fast orbits with a spinner at one or the other probably. Line of drops on one side probably. Like Flash. Multiple ball lock saucers like Firepower.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m curious what a Pat Lawlor single level would look like. I think without ramps, it would rely on lateral shots and upper flippers. And then stuff like a spinner in front of a saucer

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Could have some interesting magnet use to setup an upper flipper shot too. That could also be a Steve Ritchie move too.

This is why I keep coming back to Pinside.

#3794 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Just listened to Butch Peel on the Loserkid podcast, and as usual, the man proves himself one of the greatest ambassadors for pinball we could hope for. Two particular tidbits I thought we’d all like to hear:
1. Production. Dates not provided but he did repeat the “Q3” timeframe we’ve all been hearing. He did give an order though: first they want to run some operator games with the modern DBV-capable coin doors to get them into the world. Then a batch of vintage coin door SEs to make sure they have all the kinks ironed out. Then the whole run of LEs, then back to finish up the SEs.
2. Butch likes Diet Coke, so if you see him at Pinbrew this week, buy him one for me!
Another funny thing he said was that lots of people had a hard time figuring out how to start a game with the vintage style coin door and the little button. Even though they illuminated it. Makes sense. So be ready to help your friends find the start button over and over when you get your game!

Good info. Hoping I got my SE order in early enough to get one from that pre LE batch. I don't mind kinks as long as they can get worked out!

#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Great time with PF at Pinbrew! They had two SEs. Finally played uncensored and it really amplified my excitement to get mine. Talked to Butch for a bit. He said the manual that is online is just a snippet of what comes with the machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is awesome but what catches my eye is that MMr next to the PF's. Does that mean...

2 weeks later
#4067 11 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The deep cut is that any successful collect during the end of any Roll Scene gets banked and added to future collects.
The value can get insane if you're able to close out a couple of modes successfully (especially if your playfield multiplier is rockin').

How do you handle rollovers on score? I've not seen or played one in the flesh yet. Just curious.

#4091 11 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Played this at Pinfest yesterday. Waited in line a hour. It was worth it, considering it won’t be GA for a year. Phenomenal game.
I’ll just leave this here for your enjoyment. It’s worth the click!
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr3P7emAONY/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Absolutely worth the click. Thank you.

4 weeks later
#4201 10 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Nope. I think it's refreshing going back to the mid 80s especially with the look and feel of the game from the playfield and coin door perspective. I only really need to know 3 things when playing pinball.
1. Score
2. Ball in play
3. Credits/free play
The rest is just eye candy. But here's the thing with the new larger LCD screens, they put so damn much information on them the important information gets lost or it is so small you have to be 2' away from the game to read it. Some of the fonts are horrible too. I'm looking at you Aerosmith.
I know Rush added settings to select the amount of superfluous information around the edges of the screen with the exception of the 3 things I mentioned above. Unfortunately, they didn't make the score larger with the extra space nor did they eliminate the score area of players not currently playing.
When it comes to the new screens and the information on them "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

I'll add onto this because of a service call I made yesterday. I've always loved pinball but really fell in love with the 90's B/W experience. They had a DMD but really it was just additional info. Sure we've all come to know and love the various animations of those classics but it's just gravy. Score, ball in play, credits etc.

I went to a customers house to service a non booting Earthshaker. After resolving the issue (reseated connectors on the aux power board. Thankfully) I played a test game. I found the limited display area refreshing. I wasn't missing anything that couldn't be displayed in the limited space of a System 11 games four displays. Less is more. Displays not always needed. And for PF I think it's perfect. Looking forward to my SE.

#4205 10 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

I agree, there's a fine line between too large and just right.

There is a fine line. Stern vs JJP is an example. I've said this before but I think there is a ratio of backglass/translite : screen that needs to be maintained. It's almost a defined form factor for what a pinball machine is. Currently I think Stern has it right. As does Spooky. Technology changes. Printed artwork does not. We aren't going back to the B/W ratios but that's ok. Which is why PF will be refreshing from a players POV.

2 weeks later
#4360 10 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I know it's not in the spirit of us all hoping to get our games ASAP, but... I bought an Alien from a friend as a place-holder until Pulp Fiction comes out. So while I previously was hoping Pulp would come out sooner, I'm now hoping a little later to give my poor wallet a rest.

Would love to hear your thoughts on Alien. I've been mulling one as well as I watch the prices come down...

#4369 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

And fuck your buddy and your deal?

Right? LOL

4 weeks later
#4442 9 months ago
Quoted from prl867:

I’d buy it with a $150 premium for you, but I’ve already paid Joe at PinballStar the full amount for the SE I ordered. If you ordered it from Joe, then we’re golden. But if not, Que sera sera.
While we’re on the subject, my offer applies to anyone that has an LE spot with Joe. If anyone wants to sell it, I’ll pay a $150 premium for the spot. Hit me up.

If I may ask, why have you already paid Joe in full? Ordered my SE the day he opened the books and he's only asked for the $500 deposit. Just curious.

#4460 9 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Gameplay video available with the latest potato cam technology:
https://www.ifpapinball.com/pulp-fiction-pinball-gameplay-video/

I admire your patience with the little one. At first I was trying to figure out where in the movie there was child dialog! LOL

1 month later
#4630 8 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

I want an MM too…Any idea when deposits go out for that game?

I'm on a list. That's all you can do at this point I believe.

2 weeks later
#4697 7 months ago
Quoted from dq13:

Some more anticipatory decor
[quoted image]

Ha! Another TOM sighting.

3 weeks later
#4848 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Great idea for all you listed, except me.
Being I work for CGC, I wouldn't be able to discuss or post anything about or from the meeting.
LTG : )

I'll take @ltg's spot!

2 weeks later
#4924 6 months ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

1k for mine. I am so ready to get this .

Hoping for some kind of update on first deliveries from Expo but...

1 week later
#5093 6 months ago

Wakes up to 25 new posts in the PF hype thread. I'm thinking something big happened, someone has real information about deliveries. Nope. The continuation and side threads of yesterdays QT movie discussion. Carry on.

2 weeks later
#5131 5 months ago
Quoted from ArtPylon:

Is the hype starting to die?

It wouldn't take much to rekindle the hype. ifpapinball ?

4 weeks later
#5283 4 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

There was a Pulp SE on free play at Little of Shop of Games' special event this past Thursday in Florida.
Does that signal a production development? I mean, how do they have a Pulp SE unless CGC shipped them one of the first games off the line? Of did they borrow one of the few "show circuit" games? Could SE's finally be shipping?

One can only hope. Would be a nice Christmas present.

#5307 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I caved an ordered an Alien RV, so I'm personally content with my SE not coming until Q2 .

I want an Alien at some point. Maybe after PF. Used SV or LV or new RV? Kinda prefer the SV art but they all have their merits. It's on my long list. One day.

#5330 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is this the first hype thread you've followed?

Perhaps the more refined question is "is this the first CGC hype thread you've ever followed"

#5335 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

You know that's not accurate.
Just simply hopefully there was some news of production with 36 posts overnight.

I always get suckered by that. I guess we all do...

#5385 4 months ago

What's killing me about the unknown start of deliveries is watching all the older games on my wish list pop up for sale locally at the lowest prices since Covid. The CGC factor says go ahead and pick up that local Whirlwind, you can save another $4k for PF before PF ever ships. My pinball budget currently only has the balance for PF and I know as soon as I use some of that money PF's will start shipping. More first world problems I know.

#5387 4 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Yes... go ahead and pick up that local Whirlwind. You can indeed save another $4,000 for PF before PF ever ships.

LOL. Says the guy with the local Whirlwind ad. I love it.

#5389 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ask them to put you at the back of the queue. That's what i did with Haggis.

I considered that back in May when I spent half of my PF money on WCS94. It's taken this long to replenish the PF cash.

#5392 4 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I updated my ad just for you.

It's the little things about Pinside that keep me coming back. Thank you!

1 week later
#5426 4 months ago

Ok enough already. Who's got the leaked photos on their phone of PF on the line? Time for a tasty morsel.

#5428 4 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I do!
[quoted image]

You stating that is as good as a seeing a pic. Thanks!

I'll go one step further. Does LTG have his support game yet?

1 week later
#5518 3 months ago

After almost a year of looking at pictures and I still can't figure out how the backbox ships. Does it remove or does it have some sort of magic hinge thingy?

#5525 3 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

There is a hinge. it fold down like most modern games.

I figured there was. I guess it must be like a coin door or regular door type hinge maybe hiding behind the speaker.

#5533 3 months ago

Best thing I've seen all day. Thank you.

#5590 3 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

First game off the line shipped last week. Hooray, Play Mechanix Pinball finally made it's first $1!
I'm scheduled to go in and review the next batch of games coming off the line this week. Super excited to see the line in action for myself.
[quoted image]

Great photo. Great news. Just noticed Gomez lurking in the background.

#5610 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

After a recent announcement about my favorite Pinball event, that happens to be local, I'm wondering what will happen first. My PF SE is delivered, or I get to play PF again in April with Mark Ritchie and Butch Peel at Pinbrew (same as I got to last April)? Will be interesting to see!

Let's hope for the former.

#5666 3 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

First game off the line shipped last week. Hooray, Play Mechanix Pinball finally made it's first $1!
I'm scheduled to go in and review the next batch of games coming off the line this week. Super excited to see the line in action for myself.
[quoted image]

Anything you can share from your visit?

#5675 3 months ago

Thank you!

#5691 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a location getting 5's and tens is easier for the customers than 20 or 40 quarters. If the location has lots of quarters on hand.
The fancy door sure is made for the whole package.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : Guess which door I'm getting ?

If I had to guess I would say you want the retro door but are getting the DBV door because that's what they are sending you.

#5717 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

If you believe Kaneda - No LEs till the summer now - June.
Painful if true.

Is he giving a reason? Something similar happened with CCr if I remember correctly.

#5719 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

He said this week on FB stream email to distributor. 500 SE coming up first but not LEs till June.
Take it with a grain of sale but it's bad if true.

Bad for LE folks, good for SE folks. Not ideal.

#5777 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I only saw the DBV versions in the photos/video. The extra hole in the front for the start button is a dead giveaway.
edit: upon much closer inspection, I do see one of the nicer coin door. The rest all looked to be DBV
[quoted image]

Good eye. Now I'm really excited.

#5865 3 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

...Soo what's the club's name gonna be?

Scamps in a sewing circle

#5872 3 months ago

Whoever starts the owners thread can take all of those suggestions and make a poll.

#5945 87 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

As long as it's not jfh

He's been AWOL lately. I think he posted something in the last few weeks but otherwise crickets.

#5971 87 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Anyone else checking their email frequently for an invoice? I put my deposit down on March 14th. Really hoping I get an earlier run.

I was until I reached out to Joe at PinballStar. Checking once a day for the next several weeks will suffice.

#6062 85 days ago
Quoted from Thorn-in-pinball:

Trying something new lol! Glad to see I can still get your attention on something Brad.

If something new is posting those production pictures and dropping tasty nuggets of info then keep doing that something new

#6124 84 days ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

Me too my friend, me too....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/65#post-7496045
Hopefully we get a confirmation on height soon.

I thought it would be in the manual for some reason but it isn't.

#6151 78 days ago

Factory Friday? Thorn-in-pinball

#6162 78 days ago

Your wish is my command @simplepin
Got some pics after everyone left today. Playfields coming down the line, in final and in packing.
To answer some open Questions. How tall is the game with and without the topper.
The other question is the width of the backbox.
First the boxed dimensions are 31" x 34" x 56-1/4". Palleted on a 36" x 36" Pallet adds a few inches to 61-3/8"
Unboxed setup dimensions are 51-1/2" L x 30-1/8" W x 74-3/8" T.
Topper adds 9-1/2" to the game in height.
Lots of doors are 28-1/2" to 30". This backbox is a retro style backbox that is 30-1/8". The backbox comes of the hinges fairly easily and a set up video will be done shortly by Butch Peel (who by the way has smaller doors so he had to maneuver the backbox to get it into his house.)
HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Looks like production is in full swing.

Cheers

#6164 78 days ago

I'm with you there @tktlwyr, 36" is the way to go! Won't have any issue getting my PFP in the house.

No problems here.

IMG_2714 (resized).jpegIMG_2714 (resized).jpeg
#6224 74 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Thx, I guess I saw it and didn't register. I saw it on PBL, and its called Chicago Coin Shaker.
Super cool its 50% more cost than a stern shaker hey.

Same price at Planetary. I ordered from Cointaker, shipping was half the price for me.

1 week later
#6345 66 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone hear from, pay a balance or receive a game from Pinballstar yet? Boy am I getting itchy for this thang.

Nope! Also waiting to hear news from Joe. I feel your itch.

#6348 66 days ago

I've been looking at every distro, and haven't come up with a source for mirror blades. Zach at Flip n Out says they (Chicago gaming) aren't putting them out for an option to buy.
Maybe I'll have to buy another set and cut them/modify to fit P.F.

It was stated by CGC that Cointaker would have them.

#6351 66 days ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Curious if these will fit for Pulp Fiction. Does anyone know?
https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades

It was stated by CGC (if I remember correctly) that they were close but not exact and that Cointaker will have the PFP ones eventually.

#6377 66 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I only have 3 cabinets and 1 came with a topper. While it would be a nice aesthetics to add them, I don't really feel the need as the cost is prohibitive to me comparative to just wanting to add another machine.

Same, I'm still in "fill the space" mode. Every dollar saved is a dollar for the next pin.

#6436 64 days ago

Uggghhh, here comes the playfield protector VS no playfield protector thread count.......

Yep, I started a reply and then deleted. LOL

#6439 64 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

So you will, or you won't be adding one?
I do have cliffy's on all my machines. Sounds like I should just have him put me down now for this non-existent product so I can hopefully receive by Christmas.

I won't. I put one on my NGG as a stopgap since I'm not ready to deal with a few lifting inserts yet but will be removing it shortly once I commence the work. Cliffys on all games new and old for the win!

#6506 60 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I asked this about one of the CGC remakes and was told that each insert has 3 LEDs. So if one fails there is a secondary and tertiary backup.

My understanding is that there are three LED's per lamp and that they are each running at 33%. So if one fails the other two compensate but upping to 50% each. That's what I was told anyway...

#6529 59 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm sure the first used PF machine is days away from hitting the marketplace. All games change hands often. You can already get a used Jaws LE.

Jaws isn't Godzilla. Just saying...

1 week later
#6633 52 days ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Does anybody know if the CGC pins have the built-in leg cabinet protectors like Stern or should one invest in a set of protectors?

They are included.

#6639 52 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's repulsive.

Like the burger with the bite?

1 month later
#7086 5 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I'm surprised whenever I see someone looking to turn these off. I love knockers! (.)(.)

I put physical knockers in all of my games that don't come with them. Must have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanted
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simplepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=simplepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.